Options

LBC - remembering Roskilde in Berlin

Comments

• Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    Alright folks,

this thread rocks, thanks! :) ...well, YOU people rock! :D

I personally would hang on in the mobile phone idea. When security will call me concerning lighters and allows masses of them (why not?!), I'd prefer the light of lighters vs. mobiles. But ANYWAY for now...

We got a german letter. We got a bunch of european fan forums. Let's translate the letter that's been written here (I'm talking to YOU, Dimitris for example :lol: ) in all available languages of participants that get notice of it and are able to spread the word in their forum or their community via mail. On the day of the show we can give out the letter and spread the word by informing anyone in the queues (and, if possible share lighters with people who don't have - I will look for lighter big pack-prices ^^). So - if there are people here from European fan forums in their languages, please show up here, otherwise I'd contact them...the german forum anyway.

So - encore 1 is the time, right? LBC wouldn't work if early...but if dark enough, it would work when people decide on their own and recognize others doing it. Maybe that's a thing to include in the letter - or do you think this is too complicated and we should keep it simple by deciding on the 1st encore?

Looking forward to it!!!
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    GetALife wrote:

We got a german letter. We got a bunch of european fan forums. Let's translate the letter that's been written here (I'm talking to YOU, Dimitris for example :lol: )
    "re malakes anoikse to fos sta kinita na ginei tis poutanas"
    in free translation means:
    hey u assholes,open the lights of your mobiles to make the place a whore house..

enough said in Greek 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    I'm working on a double-sided flyer (English/German). I'll post it up here when I can and anyone with double-sided printer can print off a bunch of copies to hand out.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    I can't do any printing now i'm afraid... work are clamping down on usage of interwebs and stuff like printers... sorry peeps :cry:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    I can't do any printing now i'm afraid... work are clamping down on usage of interwebs and stuff like printers... sorry peeps :cry:
    how many we need?i can print some the english + german version
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm working on a double-sided flyer (English/German). I'll post it up here when I can and anyone with double-sided printer can print off a bunch of copies to hand out.

I can print some duplex copies, no problems.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    heyho - great!

well, Sîan, I wouldn't worry about that - mouth propaganda is always a good thing too...but I am glad that you folks join it that passionately :-) I can print myself too. So - we agreed on that particular letter, right?
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    do the double thing,post it here and tomorrow at work ill print this classified papers,that im the only one have the authority to read.. :roll:
  • Options
    so any news for that double ,for print it
  • Options
    Also have to bear in mind I'll be travelling with these from Dublin to London through Holland. I won't be able to do too many copies :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Haven't had a chance to do anything fancy, but if you all have any suggestions, let me know. I haven't added the cigarette lighter line to the German, so if anyone wants to let me know how to say that I can redo it no problem.

Otherwise, print away.

(EDIT: LINK REMOVED - final version on p.16)
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
  • Options
    Haven't had a chance to do anything fancy, but if you all have any suggestions, let me know. I haven't added the cigarette lighter line to the German, so if anyone wants to let me know how to say that I can redo it no problem.

Otherwise, print away.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BMY3P87V
    cant be read this one..
    send me only the 2 letters,and ill fix it
  • Options
    ok,,work now.. :)
  • Options
    I had the idea of putting a modified European flag on it, with 9 stars instead of 12, but it ended up looking like a political tract, that people would just chuck.
  • Options
    I had the idea of putting a modified European flag on it, with 9 stars instead of 12, but it ended up looking like a political tract, that people would just chuck.
    its great..i print it like that?in double ,both sides?
  • Options
    Thanks, D. Yeah, if you print double-sided, it should line up right, so you've got German on one side & English on the other.

Then cut along the line, so you get 2 bilingual flyers from each page.
  • Options
    I've done a test run, it lines up nigh-on perfectly here. I'll get printing next week, cannae really hog the printer during 9-5 :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    i made a few prints..look great!!ill post to facebook..
  • Options
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I hope you guys get it played ... Awesome idea, and I could see the band going for it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    :D
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    05062010660.jpg

"Lasst uns zehntausend Lichter für unsere Freunde sein!

Heute vor genau 10 Jahren sind 9 junge Männer –Fans wie du und ich und alle, die heute hier sind- aus unserer Mitte gerissen worden, sie starben während des Konzerts von Pearl Jam beim Roskilde Festival im Nachbarland Dänemark.

Wir wissen, wie sehr dies die Band beeinflusst und bewegt hat. Und wir alle wissen auch, wie leicht es jedem von uns hätte passieren können. Wir alle haben damals 9 Freunde verloren, Freunde die wie niemals mehr kennenlernen werden, vor genau 10 Jahren. Deshalb wollen wir heute Abend alle diesem Tag ehrvoll gedenken – mit einer einfachen Geste, bei der JEDER mitmachen kann.

Folgendes ist geplant:
    In der Pause vor der ersten Zugabe bitten wir euch, macht mit, wenn wir unseren Freunden in Solidarität bestehen und gedenken wollen. Nehmt einfach euer Handy, macht es an, so dass es leuchtet, vielleicht habt ihr ja sogar eine integrierte Taschenlampe oder Dauerblitz etc.*(oder ihr benutzt einfach ganz klassisch ein Feuerzeug), und haltet das Licht in Richtung Bühne, damit die Band, wenn sie wieder zurück auf die Bühne kommt, unsere Einigkeit sehen kann – in Erinnerung an die, die wir verloren haben.

DANKE

Passt auf euch auf und auf eure Freunde!
    Viel Spaß bei der Show!!!

05062010659.jpg

We’re ten thousand points of lights for the fallen fan

Ten years ago today, nine young men – fans of this band, just like all of us gathered here – were taken from us during Pearl Jam’s set at the Roskilde Festival in neighbouring Denmark.

We know how much this event has affected the band. We know easily it could have happened to any one of us. We all lost nine friends we’ll never know 10 years ago today. And we want to mark this solemn moment tonight.

Here’s what we’d like you to do:
    During the encore break after the main set, join us in solidarity for our lost friends. Simply take out your phone, light up the screen, and face it towards the stage, so that when the band return they will see our solidarity with them, in memory of those we lost.

Please be safe tonight. Look out for those around you...
    And enjoy the show.

Thank you.
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    THAT'S JUST AMAZING :)

ONE THING: Let's include the phrase: "or a lighter" / "oder ein Feuerzeug" to let people choose between this and a mobile (which they'd maybe do anyway if they like too). Are you folks okay with that?

It's gonna be awesome! :)
  • Options
    Oh...I'm probably a little slow :lol: I've been told that you're already printing in masses...or could we change the German thing with the lighter info now? How many have been printed already? Otherwise we tell people while handing out...
  • Options
    PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Bravo my friends! Fantastic idea!

I'm really pissed I didn't pay attention to this thread earlier...
    I know, all is pretty much organised and set but let me share one thought I had about this:
    I definitely think we should not just do something visual but also something acoustic.
    I'm kinda torn between two versions of an acoustic contribution: 1. singing or 2. be silent.

1. Damien brought up the idea of singing arc. in theory this would be amazing but when you consider that there's around 17'000 people, i'm afraid it's very unlikely that it will sound anything like it once people have started singing. arc doesn't really have a structure people can stick to, I think that's what makes it difficult..
    but what about the following words:

Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's LOVE

we all know the music and the lyrics. there's no need to distribute info letters about it - the first couple of rows just need to start it and soon all of Wuhlheide will be singing it. what do you think?

2. different to the normal encore procedure, what do you think about keeping still when the boys leave the stage? kind of a minute's silence in commemoration of our friends. I couldn't imagine a better way of showing our unity and respect. we could also raise our hands or so. any thoughts? negative aspect: new info campaign, new letters...

no matter what we'll do the in the end, I'm sure it's gonna be an unforgettable night!! CAN'T WAIT!! :D
  • Options
    we will turn on the mobiles and the sound will be from all as last year...
    all will be ok.. :)
  • Options
    *to the german fellows - changes/additions (just wrote Dimitris, he'll takes care but I wanted you to look at it too):

"...Folgendes ist geplant:
    In der Pause vor der ersten Zugabe bitten wir euch, macht mit, wenn wir unseren Freunden in Solidarität bestehen und gedenken wollen. Nehmt einfach euer Handy, macht es an, so dass es leuchtet, vielleicht habt ihr ja sogar eine integrierte Taschenlampe oder Dauerblitz etc. (oder ihr benutzt einfach ganz klassisch ein Feuerzeug), und haltet das Licht in Richtung Bühne, damit die Band, wenn sie wieder zurück auf die Bühne kommt, unsere Einigkeit sehen kann – in Erinnerung an die, die wir verloren haben...."

*to paka:
    SILENCE! :) ...that'D be awesome
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    I love the idea of either being totally quiet or sing together. BUT it's really hard to get 17.000 people to sing when there is no person on stage telling them what to do ;) We would sound horrible for a at least a minute I think and then maybe the guys would come back before we could sing our song :D

And the thing about being quiet... I think it's hard to do...because there will always be people screaming and everyone will be talking about when to start to put the lighters out and so on. We have to keep in mind that many people may be not so emotional about this whole thing as we. There will also be enough people who just go to this concert because of the music and maybe they don't care a shit about other things?
    :roll:

Some days ago I read a quote from ed - there was also a show when people in the back used many lighters (don't know which concert it was) ... and he said something about how all the little lights look like dancing souls. :)
  • Options
    GetALife wrote:
    *to the german fellows - changes/additions (just wrote Dimitris, he'll takes care but I wanted you to look at it too):

"...Folgendes ist geplant:
    In der Pause vor der ersten Zugabe bitten wir euch, macht mit, wenn wir unseren Freunden in Solidarität bestehen und gedenken wollen. Nehmt einfach euer Handy, macht es an, so dass es leuchtet, vielleicht habt ihr ja sogar eine integrierte Taschenlampe oder Dauerblitz etc. (oder ihr benutzt einfach ganz klassisch ein Feuerzeug), und haltet das Licht in Richtung Bühne, damit die Band, wenn sie wieder zurück auf die Bühne kommt, unsere Einigkeit sehen kann – in Erinnerung an die, die wir verloren haben...."

*to paka:
    SILENCE! :) ...that'D be awesome
    change it,tomorrow ill print it
    and will be difficult to control all the crowd with silrence,,i like the idea,.
  • Options
    PakaPaka Posts: 471
    I know I know...stupid masses!! Why can't they just play a smaller, more intimate venue??! Schaubühne or so...nah nah, just kidding ;)
    It's definitely more difficult to make 17.000 people be silent than to make them sing - it's psychology, baby 8-)

I'll arrive in Berlin on the 27th. maybe we could arrange a BIG banner with something like "Rosklide remembrance: Shhhhhhhh" written on it and hold it towards the crowd in encore 1 (provided that it's still bright enough at that point). I'd do my best to be in front row and arrange things with security beforehand and during the gig (without the band or anyone making notice of it.. :think: ;) )
    mammoth project, I know. Would still be ready to give it a try...

democracy will decide, vote now!