Options

LBC - remembering Roskilde in Berlin

Comments

• Options
    I'm unfortunately not able to attend the Berlin show but in terms of lights etc I thought these might be a good idea:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/Mushroom-Light/invt/5522400064445&bklist=icat,5,shop,home,homecategories,hlighting

They are small, light, inoffensive and give off good light - I have one myself!! :D
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I really want to hear LBC at this show and hopefully it will be the first encore so this all falls into place. I'm sure it will be played and I know this will be a momentous and emotional show. I've just been listening to the San Diego 06 boot and the intro to Long Road would be such a good time for Ed to address the crowd and acknowledge Roskilde. He spoke about the chords being like a bell ringing and it got me thinking that if they hit that chord 9 times before the vocals started it would be the most beautiful thing ever. Especially so if he was talking for while and just started to strum the chord without any warning. If you've heard it you'll know what I mean and if you've not it's worth a listen cos it's a great show! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    nice :) but too expensive and too late (for me) to plan anything like that. thanks for the hint anway, anybody who wants to bring in some of these is surely welcome :)
    I'm unfortunately not able to attend the Berlin show but in terms of lights etc I thought these might be a good idea:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/Mushroom-Light/invt/5522400064445&bklist=icat,5,shop,home,homecategories,hlighting

They are small, light, inoffensive and give off good light - I have one myself!! :D
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i print 500 pages :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i print 500 pages :)

you

are

amazing

!

:)
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,265
    Like this alot, but have you thought about this?

1, How will the band know that all the lighters/cellphones is about remembering our 9 friends?
    2, As far as I know LBC has only been played in the set 1, so if they play it, its already done before encore 1.
    (Maybe this is going to change now because the band have read his tread?!)

Is the plan to get the band to play LBC as first song after encore 1?

I think LBC is the opener and they are using Berlin Symphony Orchestra (Metallica used them 1999) after encore 1 to play The End, Just Breathe and Lukin.

LBC in Copenhagen was fantastic, Ed got really emotined and had problem to sing, skiped the chorus once.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options

1, How will the band know that all the lighters/cellphones is about remembering our 9 friends?
    2, As far as I know LBC has only been played in the set 1, so if they play it, its already done before encore 1.

I think LBC is the opener and they are using Berlin Symphony Orchestra (Metallica used them 1999) after encore 1 to play The End, Just Breathe and Lukin.

LBC in Copenhagen was fantastic, Ed got really emotined and had problem to sing, skiped the chorus once.
    all will be ok...trust me...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    need a 10c Berlin tix for a very good good friend,please pm
    thanks
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408

1. Because we'll be singing Arc too... :roll: :D Don't worry, if it works, I think it will be obvious enough. I'm more worried about the light than anything else.

2. The plan isn't really to get the band to play LBC - I think we know that's going to happen anyway, and probably in the 1st set. It's more just about our own tribute.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    and had problem to sing, skiped the chorus once.

1. Because we'll be singing Arc too... :roll: :D Don't worry, if it works, I think it will be obvious enough. I'm more worried about the light than anything else.

2. The plan isn't really to get the band to play LBC - I think we know that's going to happen anyway, and probably in the 1st set. It's more just about our own tribute.[/quote]
    my thoughts exactly...
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    thanks

you need one more? didn't I give you mine already and it ended up in somebody else's hands? :-)
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    thanks

you need one more? didn't I give you mine already and it ended up in somebody else's hands? :-)
    :) is for a friend that make it now to berlin,,i found him one yesterday. i need to find one more .is for his woman
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    Good news!!
    My touring mate was at the Wuhlheide yesterday and she told me that it's not really dark at this time (time around the 1. encore) BUT it's absolutely dark enough to use lighters and cell phones...
    So everything will be ok :)
  • Options
    wolkenlos wrote:
    Good news!!
    My touring mate was at the Wuhlheide yesterday and she told me that it's not really dark at this time (time around the 1. encore) BUT it's absolutely dark enough to use lighters and cell phones...
    So everything will be ok :)

That is excellent news!
  • Options
    szechuanszechuan Posts: 17
    I don't usually check in here but noticed this thread. I wonder if the FANS could start signing Arc? It could be done a-capella (as Ed did during the solo tour by layering his voice) by having certain sections of the audience singing together for ultra-stereo effect. It would sound fantastic and obvious to the band that it is in tribute to Roskilde. Just a suggestion. Not sure how this could be organized though (would be complicated - everyone would need to first know the song, and second know what part to sign and when). Maybe try and find people in different sections to "lead" their section?
  • Options
    I don't usually check in here but noticed this thread. I wonder if the FANS could start signing Arc? It could be done a-capella (as Ed did during the solo tour by layering his voice) by having certain sections of the audience singing together for ultra-stereo effect. It would sound fantastic and obvious to the band that it is in tribute to Roskilde. Just a suggestion. Not sure how this could be organized though (would be complicated - everyone would need to first know the song, and second know what part to sign and when). Maybe try and find people in different sections to "lead" their section?
    all will be ok,as plan.. :)
  • Options

I did suggest it somewhat jokingly, but I do think it could be possible. Realistically, there wouldn't be any way to organise it, (or to get different sections to sing different parts :?) but it's the kind of thing that could spread quite organically.
  • Options
    I did suggest it somewhat jokingly, but I do think it could be possible. Realistically, there wouldn't be any way to organise it, (or to get different sections to sing different parts :?) but it's the kind of thing that could spread quite organically.

Yes...some people have to start it and then we should just let it evolve through the crowd ;D
    :lol: I think we will be to stupid to do it.... but normally it's not that hard, all we can do is try!
  • Options
    NoLogoNoLogo Posts: 289
    wolkenlos wrote:

Yes...some people have to start it and then we should just let it evolve through the crowd ;D
    :lol: I think we will be to stupid to do it.... but normally it's not that hard, all we can do is try!

Of course, it would be fantastic to sing arc all together, but it´s definitely quite challenging. But sure, let´s try! But we should also sing LBC! This is much easier and therefore, the guys on stage probably will recognize ;)
  • Options
    szechuanszechuan Posts: 17
    That's a great suggestion, to all start singing LBC (instead of Arc) independent of the band - LBC is more commonly known to fans and easier for people to follow along with (although I still think stereo effect/layering of Arc would be sweet!). Maybe some of you could bring big signs to indicate to the people behind/around you what's going on, and a few signs to use as a countdown...3...2...1...before launching into LBC. You could even do it just as the band is taking the stage at the start of the show, so they don't beat you to it!
  • Options
    That's a great suggestion, to all start singing LBC (instead of Arc) independent of the band - LBC is more commonly known to fans and easier for people to follow along with (although I still think stereo effect/layering of Arc would be sweet!). Maybe some of you could bring big signs to indicate to the people behind/around you what's going on, and a few signs to use as a countdown...3...2...1...before launching into LBC. You could even do it just as the band is taking the stage at the start of the show, so they don't beat you to it!

The thing with Arc, though, is that it might be easier since there's no words involved. If it spreads as more people join in, it would be more like the song itself with the whole layering of voices. I think chants work a lot better than songs in that sort of setting. And that video of last year in Berlin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-8xmEQlRk8) is only a step away from Arc as it is.

Plus, I've always found Arc much more moving as a tribute than LBC
  • Options
    The thing with Arc, though, is that it might be easier since there's no words involved. If it spreads as more people join in, it would be more like the song itself with the whole layering of voices. I think chants work a lot better than songs in that sort of setting. And that video of last year in Berlin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-8xmEQlRk8) is only a step away from Arc as it is.

Yes! That's exactly what I meant... :) It just has to start somehow and then everything would evolve into those chants and stuff...
  • Options
    no matter, what happens...these posts, this energy and warmth just makes me happy...dreaming... ^^
    wolkenlos wrote:

Yes! That's exactly what I meant... :) It just has to start somehow and then everything would evolve into those chants and stuff...
  • Options
    GetALife wrote:
    no matter, what happens...these posts, this energy and warmth just makes me happy...dreaming... ^^

Indeed. And thank you for setting the wave in motion.
  • Options
    GetALife wrote:

:thumbup: Thank you GetALife :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    GetALife wrote:

:thumbup: Thank you GetALife :)
    +1 :)
  • Options
    :-)

Thank you guys, feels even warmer :-) ... - hey...why can't there be a blushing emoticon with a happy face? :lol: ...printed out today 50 sheets = 100 flyers. Can't beat Dimitris, I know ... Dimitris, how do you do it? You take paper and work from your work? Is that the reason why the greek economy will collapse again? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GetALife wrote:

Thank you guys, feels even warmer :-) ... - hey...why can't there be a blushing emoticon with a happy face? :lol: ...printed out today 50 sheets = 100 flyers. Can't beat Dimitris, I know ... Dimitris, how do you do it? You take paper and work from your work? Is that the reason why the greek economy will collapse again? :mrgreen:
    how i do it?just put my hand in my pocket and give the cash..cost me 35 euros for ink and 4 euros the packet of paper..
  • Options
    GetALife wrote:

how i do it?just put my hand in my pocket and give the cash..cost me 35 euros for ink and 4 euros the packet of paper..

okay :mrgreen: ...sorry, I misinterpreted something you posted about your printing :oops:

rockNroll, my friend :)
  • Options
    GetALife wrote:
    GetALife wrote:

okay :mrgreen: ...sorry, I misinterpreted something you posted about your printing :oops:

rockNroll, my friend :)
    yeah didnt work that..so i pay :D