Options

LBC - remembering Roskilde in Berlin

Comments

• Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    edited May 2010
    wolkenlos wrote:
    http://www.magic-man1001.de/index.php?cl=details&anid=6ba479210699d5d91.14257894&campaign=Google%20Produktsuche%2Falle%20Artikel&efp=googleps&efc=2453&efpn=Google%20Produktsuche&mktsp=efire&c=2453&a=1216726&u=1422&z=1421832.18633

Every set of 100 contains only one color, but they have 7 colors in their product range - I'd suggest that we'll all buy different colors and mix them together :)

EDIT:
    and yes, it's a german website ;D
    The colors are:
    grün (green), rot (red), gelb (yellow), pink, orange, lila (violet), blau (blue) & weiß (white)

Looks good. thanks.
    chime wrote:
    ... and this place has a mixture of colours ... £5.99 if you are buying one pack of 100 http://www.glow-sticks.org/100-Pack-of- ... elets.html

So much dedication to the cause, for someone who's not even going! I'm impressed. (why aren't you going, by the way?)
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    chime wrote:
    ... and this place has a mixture of colours ... £5.99 if you are buying one pack of 100 http://www.glow-sticks.org/100-Pack-of- ... elets.html

The boxes with mixed color are usually more expensive! On many pages they were twice as expensive as the boxes with only one color in them!
    How much is £5.99 in euro? 7 €?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    wolkenlos wrote:
    chime wrote:

The boxes with mixed color are usually more expensive! On many pages they were twice as expensive as the boxes with only one color in them!
    How much is £5.99 in euro? 7 €?

Yes €7 ... at least today it is ;) The price on that website becomes less if you buy more packs ... but I'm not going to Berlin so stay out of all your guys organising :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Yes €7 ... at least today it is ;) The price on that website becomes less if you buy more packs ... but I'm not going to Berlin so stay out of all your guys organising :D

;) But thanks for the link..because maybe some people from other countries want to buy some stick too and I don't know if the german shop is shipping to other countries (and they wouldn't understand the language anyway :lol: )
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    no matter security thinks..we will honor our brothers....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Typically, Ireland is obscenely more expensive than everywhere else. Glowsticks Ireland sell those bracelet ones (the cheapest) for 25c each. That's €25 for a box of 100!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Why we bringing glow sticks now?
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Why we bringing glow sticks now?

read the original post.
  • Options
    Last time i checked we wern't going to a Steps concert or going to some EBM/Industrial club.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Last time i checked we wern't going to a Steps concert or going to some EBM/Industrial club.
    If you have a better idea, let's hear it.

Don't just swan in and shit over other people's.
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Brisk. wrote:

No but last time I checked, June 30th was the tenth anniversary of the tragic show where 9 PJ fans lost their lives. Candles are not practical and glow-sticks are the best way we can show rememberance and respect. I'm sorry if you're not mature enough to make that connection and only think of Steps when you read the word 'glow-sticks'.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

No but last time I checked, June 30th was the tenth anniversary of the tragic show where 9 PJ fans lost their lives. Candles are not practical and glow-sticks are the best way we can show rememberance and respect. I'm sorry if you're not mature enough to make that connection and only think of Steps when you read the word 'glow-sticks'.

Amen, Sian.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

I'm just jesting, not sure if the guys have ever played to a crowd of glow sticks, would be intriguing.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I'm just jesting, not sure if the guys have ever played to a crowd of glow sticks, would be intriguing.

Probably not the best place for jokes mate...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Dude, it's about showing unity and peace and stuff and not about being cool or whatever. :roll:
    We know that glow sticks are for party people, but we will proof that they can also be used in the best of taste...
  • Options
    MelianMelian Posts: 1
    Does anybody know if I'd be in trouble when I transport the glow sticks in my cabin luggage in the air plane? I'd be fine with ordering 100 in any colour but I'm a little afraid that I'm not allowed to take them into the cabin... experiences?
  • Options
    CP64763 wrote:
    Does anybody know if I'd be in trouble when I transport the glow sticks in my cabin luggage in the air plane? I'd be fine with ordering 100 in any colour but I'm a little afraid that I'm not allowed to take them into the cabin... experiences?
    dont have a bag to put them and not the one u carry in the plane??if not just give it to check in for be sure,im pretty sure they dont allowed it..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    These chem sticks are completely harmless and are available for children to buy so I wouldn't imagine there be much trouble if you were carrying some in your bag but you might be asking to make things slow for yourself if you are going to take excessive numbers with you. Hopefully everyone will be responsible enough to bin them or keep them as souvenirs. It's going to be an awesome sight! 8-)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    I think liquids are not allowed to take into the cabin.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    Great idea and really worth supporting. I just wish there were environmentally friendly glow sticks or at least some decent alternative. From what I've seen, you can find some manufacturers that claim to make environmentally friendly glow sticks, but nothing definitive so far on my part. Somehow it always smells fishy.
    Did anyone find anything useful? I mean, even if we use chem lights, we should definitely NOT expect everyone to handle them responsibly.
    It might seem that I'm overreacting here (and again: I LOVE the idea), but I'm really just being careful because I definitely wouldn't want to piss off our boys.
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    I think liquids are not allowed to take into the cabin.

I thought this but then I'll be putting luggage in the hold, they should be ok in there. It'll be hand luggage where people may have problems.

• Options
    So is anyone buying these?

I'm willing to buy 100 and give them out but I don't want to be the only plum doing it :P

I did have a thought though, I was gonna get a little slip of paper to give out with each glo-stick with instructions on as to when to use it and why... good idea/bad idea?

• Options
    So is anyone buying these?

I'm willing to buy 100 and give them out but I don't want to be the only plum doing it :P

I did have a thought though, I was gonna get a little slip of paper to give out with each glo-stick with instructions on as to when to use it and why... good idea/bad idea?
    pm sent
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I'd be quite happy to buy some of these on ebay in bulk and ship to a German address if anyone is willing to accept them? Anything to avoid customs hassle.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    still no answer from security.
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I will be travelling by train from Amsterdam to Berlin - if I see any glowsticks in either city, I will buy some (I'm pretty sure I know a shop in Berlin that will have them) :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I will be travelling by train from Amsterdam to Berlin - if I see any glowsticks in either city, I will buy some (I'm pretty sure I know a shop in Berlin that will have them) :D
    i remeber from last year,,,seems u know alot of Berlin..just saying 8-) :roll:
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I'm more than happy to buy some as well, but like Sian, don't want to be the only one.... so if it's a defo goer, let me know.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    I'm more than happy to buy some as well, but like Sian, don't want to be the only one.... so if it's a defo goer, let me know.
    with u we are up to six... :)
  • Options
    Get loads of green ones because green is the best colour.