Options

My Morning Jacket

Comments

• Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Lifted wrote:

Anyone here see MMJ at Bonnaroo 2008?

i was on the rail in front of Carl for that. best show i've ever seen.

First time I saw MMJ. I agree, best show I've ever seen. Even better than their NYE show at MSG that year. Absolutely incredible.
    although i had consumed some wonderful magic mushrooms that evening and do not fully recall the events of the night, I did in fact find myself at this stage and stumble upon who is now one of my favorite bands... In the rain. It was marvelous
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 778
    Anyone here see MMJ at Bonnaroo 2008?[/quote]

i was on the rail in front of Carl for that. best show i've ever seen.[/quote]

First time I saw MMJ. I agree, best show I've ever seen. Even better than their NYE show at MSG that year. Absolutely incredible.[/quote]
    although i had consumed some wonderful magic mushrooms that evening and do not fully recall the events of the night, I did in fact find myself at this stage and stumble upon who is now one of my favorite bands... In the rain. It was marvelous[/quote]

I completely agree. And the rain seemed to pour everytime the band soared into a new level. It really was magical. Great fucking night.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Just found out that the AmericanaramA show here in Columbus at Nationwide Arena
    on Sunday July 7th has been CANCELLED :twisted:

You should call Ticketmaster for a refund.

Not that we didn't already know this but:

Ticketmaster are REAL SCUMBAGS!!!

They don't even issue a FULL REFUND if your show is cancelled...
    apparently they still get to keep their "Service & Processing" fees, if the show is cancelled!!
    How is that fair??
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave wrote:

apparently they still get to keep their "Service & Processing" fees, if the show is cancelled!!
    How is that fair??

I just saw this today while I was at work. Pretty pissed off about it too. MMJ should play across the street at The LC with their own gig. The venue is open that night too.

Dave, I figured Ticketmaster would automatically reissue the refund. We have to call them? And they don't refund the charges? WOW.
  • Options
    derbydave wrote:

How is that fair??

I just saw this today while I was at work. Pretty pissed off about it too. MMJ should play across the street at The LC with their own gig. The venue is open that night too.

Dave, I figured Ticketmaster would automatically reissue the refund. We have to call them? And they don't refund the charges? WOW.
    Would love a show at The LC...MMJ rocked there the last 3 years!!

I "joined" the CD102.5 event group on Facebook and got a notification that the show had been cancelled.
    So I logged into my Ticketmaster account and confirmed that the show was dead.
    It said at the top of the screen to contact their customer service department at 1.800.653.8000 for a refund.
    I just bought a GA ticket for the Floor & the total for my ticket was $85.80.
    When they told me the amount they were gonna put back on my credit card was $80.30, I asked them why my receipt was for $85.80 and they "EXPLAINED" to me that it was their "POLICY" not to refund their Processing and Service fees!!
    What a JOKE...I know it's only $5.00, but why should they get to keep our $$$ when the event is CANCELLED!! :fp:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

How is that fair??

Would love a show at The LC...MMJ rocked there the last 3 years!!

I "joined" the CD102.5 event group on Facebook and got a notification that the show had been cancelled.
    So I logged into my Ticketmaster account and confirmed that the show was dead.
    It said at the top of the screen to contact their customer service department at 1.800.653.8000 for a refund.
    I just bought a GA ticket for the Floor & the total for my ticket was $85.80.
    When they told me the amount they were gonna put back on my credit card was $80.30, I asked them why my receipt was for $85.80 and they "EXPLAINED" to me that it was their "POLICY" not to refund their Processing and Service fees!!
    What a JOKE...I know it's only $5.00, but why should they get to keep our $$$ when the event is CANCELLED!! :fp:

Unreal. Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for an e-mail or some kind of notice from Ticketmaster about the refunds. $5 service charge they keep, what a joke.

Yeah the last few MMJ shows in Columbus have been amazing. Last year's was one of the best shows I've ever seen by any band.

It's a sad day for MMJ fans.
  • Options
    Unreal. Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for an e-mail or some kind of notice from Ticketmaster about the refunds. $5 service charge they keep, what a joke.

Yeah the last few MMJ shows in Columbus have been amazing.
    Last year's was one of the best shows I've ever seen by any band.
    I'll NEVER forget that "STEAM ENGINE" closer...bet it was almost a half an hour long!!
    One of my BEST shows ever too!!!

• Options
    derbydave wrote:

Yeah the last few MMJ shows in Columbus have been amazing.
    Last year's was one of the best shows I've ever seen by any band.
    I'll NEVER forget that "STEAM ENGINE" closer...bet it was almost a half an hour long!!
    One of my BEST shows ever too!!!

I completely agree. That Steam Engine was insane!
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    check out JJ's cover of Bob Marley's Waiting in Vain
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/06/ ... ive-track/
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Holy shit... Is anyone going to Mexico?!!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Considering it...this would be incredible. So much money though...
  • Options
    Definitely a lot of money but they offer a payment plan and the fact that its all inclusive is really nice. I feel like this is a must see because its limited to 2,500 people and hell.... A week in Mexico yucking it up with fellow fans. I'm really looking into this tonight but I know I will end up splurging lol.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 631
    Definitely considering it, as our 5th Wedding Anniversary is next Jan. and we usually go away for it anyway. But this is more then we normally spend, but I'm trying to justify that all food and booze is included along with 3 MMJ concerts!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    And they restock the mini bar daily that is included! Ha
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    And they restock the mini bar daily that is included! Ha

:D:D:D:D:D
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    I would REALLY LOVE to go...but they don't have any options for a single traveler!!
    I sent them an e-mail to find out if they did, and this was their only solution:
    Hey Dave,

Thanks for your inquiry!
    MMJ is going to be AMAZING!
    Unfortunately there are no rooms that are single occupancy.
    Its definately an expensive option but you would have to book a double and pay the double occupancy price.

Sorry, I wish I had better news for you.

I'm a little BUMMED :twisted:

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    I would REALLY LOVE to go...but they don't have any options for a single traveler!!
    I sent them an e-mail to find out if they did, and this was their only solution:
    Hey Dave,

Thanks for your inquiry!
    Its definately an expensive option but you would have to book a double and pay the double occupancy price.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The other thing people have to factor in is the cost of a flight.
  • Options
    $500 from Philly. Price might drop a little since it is so far out. Me and my friend are really considering this but I have a feeling if he doesn't go I can end up finding someone here. This will be a blast.... Wonder how the golf course is 8-)
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    derbydave wrote:
    Hey Dave,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The other thing people have to factor in is the cost of a flight.

One of us needs to hit the lottery. Dylan fucking up the Americanrama tour ruined everything.
    Post edited by UmphreysJam34 on
  • Options
    I'm pumped to see Wilco, too. But I am glad they are doing this after the Americana tour as its going to be wild. I'm trying to convince my friend to come with and already applied for the token.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I'm pumped to see Wilco, too. But I am glad they are doing this after the Americana tour as its going to be wild. I'm trying to convince my friend to come with and already applied for the token.
    If you friend doesn't end up going AND you need a ticket buddy...Let me know!!
    I'd love to go, but can't swing the whole thing by myself!!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    derbydave wrote:
    If you friend doesn't end up going AND you need a ticket buddy...Let me know!!
    I'd love to go, but can't swing the whole thing by myself!!
    Post edited by UmphreysJam34 on
  • Options
    There are people over on the MMJ forum looking for roomies, they have a list going in this thread...

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,17680.100.html
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I was about 90% committed to this then a buddy talked me down so that we could plan a good pj destination show when the dates are finally announced. Mmj is a band that will do things like this again because they are just a lot of fun and enjoy the odd special occasions. Seeing a pj show, on the other hand, is becoming more of a rarity.

I got to do t5, wiltern 3 night run and NYE MSG so I've got some special things under my belt. Can certainly say it really stings that I'm going to miss out on this though. Have fun all attendees

Another reason why MMj rules!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    I was about 90% committed to this then a buddy talked me down so that we could plan a good pj destination show when the dates are finally announced. Mmj is a band that will do things like this again because they are just a lot of fun and enjoy the odd special occasions. Seeing a pj show, on the other hand, is becoming more of a rarity.

I got to do t5, wiltern 3 night run and NYE MSG so I've got some special things under my belt. Can certainly say it really stings that I'm going to miss out on this though. Have fun all attendees

Another reason why MMj rules!

Well I was late to the party on MMJ so I have to get this under my belt, ha. But I actually remember seeing that in the MMJ forum the other day...can't say I know more than just a few people on there though. Hopefully it pans out but I'll be in touch if my friend doesn't step up.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Mexico is booked! Can't Wait!
  • Options
    Jenfarr wrote:

+1. I seriously can't wait 7 months for this. A longer and way more exciting wait than Wrigley since I've never been to Mexico and to be hanging at that place for 5 days is going to be something special.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Jenfarr wrote:

+1. I seriously can't wait 7 months for this. A longer and way more exciting wait than Wrigley since I've never been to Mexico and to be hanging at that place for 5 days is going to be something special.

Cool! I've been to Playa del Carmen, and I really liked the area, so looking forward to going back. And I would never use this term in real life, but I think the whole thing is going to be "off the hook"!
  • Options
    Yeah, you know they are going to have some great stuff up their sleeves for this. I wonder how long they will play into the night.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I booked this, too. Really excited for the experience. Also curious about what surprises might be in store: other bands playing, etc.