Options

My Morning Jacket

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    I was tempted to but tix to the camden show but i passed. Not really a dylan fan. I like Wilco but not enought to see them w/ MMJ in Camden.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I'm passing on the Merriweather show... I have just too many things going on right now and I think I need to take a break on concerts... Hopefully next summer they will do a regular tour.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    so yeah, met JJ after the DC show last night. was walking out of the bar, and bang, there he was. got a picture (would post but I don't know how to) and chatted for a minute. Cool dude. And his solo show was awesome. Looking forward to MMJ in Philly...and Merriweather (even though that place is middle of nowhere).

I was late on MMJ, but they are awesome
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    I love MMJ but I am skipping going to the Dylan/Wiilco show in Jersey. I have a feeling that MMJ is just going to be their most known songs for all these dates. I have heard Touch Me Pt 2 way too much already :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    The Fixer wrote:
    so yeah, met JJ after the DC show last night. was walking out of the bar, and bang, there he was. got a picture (would post but I don't know how to) and chatted for a minute. Cool dude. And his solo show was awesome. Looking forward to MMJ in Philly...and Merriweather (even though that place is middle of nowhere).

ha...i came within being thiiis close to meeting him on saturday. we saw him stewing around his tour bus outside union transfer. by the time we walked up to the gate he was in the bus. one of the other dudes he was with told us to hang around he'd take some pics when he came out..........but alas, 10 minutes went by and we had some beers to throw back so we left. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    huge circuital kick lately. album has finally grown on me. been playing on my ipod nonstop this week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    There will be a LIVE VIDEO STREAM of Jim James' performance from the
    Austin City Limits taping on Sunday, May 5th at 8pm Central!!!

jj_zps4f1d3f37.jpg

Go here for more info:
    http://jimjames.com/news/148661
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    derbydave wrote:
    There will be a LIVE VIDEO STREAM of Jim James' performance from the
    Austin City Limits taping on Sunday, May 5th at 8pm Central!!!

jj_zps4f1d3f37.jpg

Go here for more info:
    http://jimjames.com/news/148661
    :ugeek:

I'll be there!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    The Fixer wrote:

Cathing him at the Orange Peel in Asheville tomorrow - hope I can have the same luck! What time did he go on stage? I think I`m going to take a pass on the opener based on some of what I`ve read on the MMJ board.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I love MMJ but I am skipping going to the Dylan/Wiilco show in Jersey. I have a feeling that MMJ is just going to be their most known songs for all these dates. I have heard Touch Me Pt 2 way too much already :lol:

I hear you. Tix were cheap. Got second row behind pit for face value ($100). Can't beat that. Not even sure I will stick around for Wilco and Dylan. Will be real weird going in a concert early for the opener, then not caring if I see the bigger names. Might be nice...rare I see concerts sober (racking my brain...not sure it's ever happened and I've been to around 100 shows)
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I hear you. Tix were cheap. Got second row behind pit for face value ($100). Can't beat that. Not even sure I will stick around for Wilco and Dylan. Will be real weird going in a concert early for the opener, then not caring if I see the bigger names. Might be nice...rare I see concerts sober (racking my brain...not sure it's ever happened and I've been to around 100 shows)

They're changing the order each night, FYI. Got one for Memphis today. Can't wait.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    MMJ is also giving away tix to the show this summer, as well as some MMJ swag here:

http://t.co/tT2AHcKTE8
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Want to hit up the Dylan, Wilco, MMJ show in Mansfield, but not sure of how my schedule will be. Probably be a spur of the moment decision. Could have snagged a couple GA pit tickets when the show went on-sale, but can't risk losing $200+ if I can't make it. Paperless tickets are a great concept, but make it really hard to plan ahead sometimes.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    ComeToTX wrote:
    They're changing the order each night, FYI. Got one for Memphis today. Can't wait.

Bob, MMJ and Wilco are all changing the order each night, or just MMJ and Wilco?

q
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

Bob, MMJ and Wilco are all changing the order each night, or just MMJ and Wilco?

q

The article I read said all 3. Wouldn't surprise me if Bob was always last though.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    ComeToTX wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

q

The article I read said all 3. Wouldn't surprise me if Bob was always last though.

I would be shocked if Bob is not last. He is a living legend and while I love MMJ and Wilco, they need to release another 25 albums each to get to his level.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Depends. If they start this thing and all the wilco/MMJ fans are turned off by bob's current voice he might be playing to very small crowds half way through his set. When he headlined ACL the exit during his set was insane.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Depends. If they start this thing and all the wilco/MMJ fans are turned off by bob's current voice he might be playing to very small crowds half way through his set. When he headlined ACL the exit during his set was insane.

I think this is the issue. I'm sure Dylan will have his share of die-hards in attendence, but it will be mostly Wilco and MMJ fans in the pit and other areas. If Bob is playing to an empty pit every night, it may take it's toll. And I don't care if he's a legend or not, he has 2 of the best live acts today supporting him. I dont think a majority of these crowds are going to see Bob Dylan.

The issue for me is dropping $100 on shortened sets from Wilco and MMJ. I really, really hope they will mix things up each night and not just play the same 15-20 songs each night. My buddy has some tickets, but I think I'll wait and see what the sets are looking like before pulling the trigger.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

I think this is the issue. I'm sure Dylan will have his share of die-hards in attendence, but it will be mostly Wilco and MMJ fans in the pit and other areas. If Bob is playing to an empty pit every night, it may take it's toll. And I don't care if he's a legend or not, he has 2 of the best live acts today supporting him. I dont think a majority of these crowds are going to see Bob Dylan.

The issue for me is dropping $100 on shortened sets from Wilco and MMJ. I really, really hope they will mix things up each night and not just play the same 15-20 songs each night. My buddy has some tickets, but I think I'll wait and see what the sets are looking like before pulling the trigger.

Exactly. The promoters know they're playing bigger venues because of the two "openers" more than bob. All Memphis tickets were GA and $65. Great deal.
  • Options
    Anyone recommend some wilco worth checking out?

I have yankee hotel foxtrot and being there. not feeling either album. I do like the single - the thanks I get - a lot.

feel like I should like this band. don't want them to go all radiohead or especially dmb on me.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    The Fixer wrote:
    Anyone recommend some wilco worth checking out?

I have yankee hotel foxtrot and being there. not feeling either album. I do like the single - the thanks I get - a lot.

feel like I should like this band. don't want them to go all radiohead or especially dmb on me.

Album wise, I'd check out A Ghost is Born, Sky Blue Sky, and their new album A Whole Love beyond what you already have.

One of the things that may help you appreciate YHF a little more is watching their film "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart." It's really good. Also, another good live DVD they have is Ashes of American Flags.

Looking forward to the Americanarama show in Irvine as I was able to get a decent ticket at almost half price.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I finally got around to listening to Kicking Television and so far it's pretty solid. I foresee picking this one up on vinyl for sure. Although after the TMR Great Gatsby Deluxe edition it will be a little longer than I had hoped, ha.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 778
    Not too excited about Bob at his age now, but I couldn't pass up the chance to see MMJ live, even if it is a shortened set. Plus, I don't know much about Wilco, but I've heard great things.

Anyone here see MMJ at Bonnaroo 2008?
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,649

i was on the rail in front of Carl for that. best show i've ever seen.
  • Options
    recording for new rekkid in october. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20130516
  • Options
    so what will the order be once they hit camden?

i can do without mr dylan. saw him 10 years and couldn't understand what fucking songs he was playing until they were halfway done.

wilco is the shit though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    twisted thoughtstwisted thoughts Posts: 4,374

i can do without mr dylan. saw him 10 years and couldn't understand what fucking songs he was playing until they were halfway done.

:lol:
    sorry, but these are my sentiments exactly. he didn't even play guitar when i saw him.
    im also on the wait-and-see list. guessing we'll get a better idea once the shows start next month.
    i just realized recently that the Jones Beach (NY show) has Beck instead of MMJ.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    based upon the shows ive seen, dylan is good 25% of the time

Still thinking about these shows.
    $20 lawn seats at saratoga might be the call.

Really would have preferred a normal wilco tour
  • Options

:lol:
    sorry, but these are my sentiments exactly. he didn't even play guitar when i saw him.
    im also on the wait-and-see list. guessing we'll get a better idea once the shows start next month.
    i just realized recently that the Jones Beach (NY show) has Beck instead of MMJ.

Yeah, Jim is playing the Newport folk fest that day.
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 778
    Lifted wrote:

i was on the rail in front of Carl for that. best show i've ever seen.

First time I saw MMJ. I agree, best show I've ever seen. Even better than their NYE show at MSG that year. Absolutely incredible.