May 18 Newark, NJ added

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    For those saying they sold out before 3- that is wrong. I got Newark tix after being restricted for the first 2 hours.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    i got tix at 423 so it definitely wasnt sold out before 3
  • SH9698SH9698 Posts: 7
    Anyone successful with the TicketMaster presale? I logged in right at 2 EST, asked for 1 ticket anywhere in the arena, had no wait time, and TM said there were no seats available.

Tried a few more times since then with similar results.
  • SH9698 wrote:
    Anyone successful with the TicketMaster presale? I logged in right at 2 EST, asked for 1 ticket anywhere in the arena, had no wait time, and TM said there were no seats available.

Tried a few more times since then with similar results.

Yeah I'm in. Keep trying! Good Luck!
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I just had a pair of tix come up for me at 2:35. Sec 105 row 5. Shitty seats, but it's in the door at least. I didn't take them.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    these TM presales are only a gimmick to get rid of less desirable seats,
    before the " good " ones
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    these TM presales are only a gimmick to get rid of less desirable seats,
    before the " good " ones
    all sales are a gimmick

lets be honest here
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• EDDMBEDDMB Posts: 117
    I got tix yesterday during the presales first 2 hours from the 10 club.Quick question.Im going from Manhattan,has anybody taken the train before from Penn Station to Newark Penn station?? I have been told its fast and since the Prudential Center went up its very easy.Any advice ???..Thanks. :?
    1994 - Paramount - NY - 04.17
    1996 - Randalls Island,NY - 09.29
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2000 - Forum - Milan ,IT - 06.22
    2000 - Jones Beach,NY - 08.23, 24 & 25
    2003 - Nassau Coliseum,NY - 04.30
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    2005 - Spectrum,PA -10.03
    2006 - Continental Arena,NJ - 06.03
    2006 - Olympic - Barcelona,Spain - 09.01
    2008 - MSG -NY,NY - 06.24 & 25
    2009 - Spectrum-Philadelphia,PA- 10.28 & 30
    2010 - Prudential Center,NJ - 05.18
    2010 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.20 & 21
    2011 - Beacon Theater,NYC - 06.22 (EV)
    2012 - M.E.N Arena - Manchester - 06.21
    2012 - Isle Of Wright Festival - England - 06.23
    2013 - Barclays Center , Bklyn NY - 10.18 & 19
    2016 - BB&T - Ft Lauderdale , FL - 04.08
    2016 - American Airlines Arena - Miami ,FL - 04.09
    2016 - Amalie Arena - Tampa ,FL - 04.11
    2016 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.01& 02
  • schappschapp Posts: 160
    EDDMB wrote:
    I got tix yesterday during the presales first 2 hours from the 10 club.Quick question.Im going from Manhattan,has anybody taken the train before from Penn Station to Newark Penn station?? I have been told its fast and since the Prudential Center went up its very easy.Any advice ???..Thanks. :?

I always take the Path, it's cheap (1.75 per ride) and about 20 minutes from the WTC (maybe 30 minutes from Penn Station, give or take).
    Here is the map: http://www.panynj.gov/path/schedule.html

Just did a search in http://www.njtransit.com/, and the train from NY Penn Station to Newark Penn Station (Yes, both are called Penn Station) takes 20 minutes and costs $4.00 per ride.

Hope this helps!
  • marshmelimarshmeli Posts: 31
    Take the Path to Newark, much easier, and cheaper...
    -Mike
    twitter.com/marshmeli
    schapp wrote:
    EDDMB wrote:

I always take the Path, it's cheap (1.75 per ride) and about 20 minutes from the WTC (maybe 30 minutes from Penn Station, give or take).
    Here is the map: http://www.panynj.gov/path/schedule.html

Just did a search in http://www.njtransit.com/, and the train from NY Penn Station to Newark Penn Station (Yes, both are called Penn Station) takes 20 minutes and costs $4.00 per ride.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks. :D
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
  • VIGVIG Posts: 18
    I've done the transit thing many times over the years. The train (NJ transit) is the easiest way from Manhattan to Newark although it costs a little more. The PATH is fine but takes longer. If you are in lower Manhattan you might wanna consider the PATH otherwise take the train (penn station to penn station).
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    3 times ive gone to the area ive taken nj tranist to newark penn beyond easy takes like 20 min give or take..sometimes theres stops
  • I wasn't able to try for the Newark Ticketmaster pre-sale yesterday. Tried at 10 am this morning. Picked up 2 in section 5 row 12 Not the best seats. But since I got both MSG shows through Ten Club I couldn't get the Newark show as well. Been to the Newark arena 3 times. Nice arena and Newark Isn't as bad as it used to be.If you are going from NYC The Path takes you a block away and is around 30 minute ride. Otherwise its not far off the NJ Turnpike. Hartford, Newark, and both MSG shows should be one awesome week.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
    I wasn't able to try for the Newark Ticketmaster pre-sale yesterday. Tried at 10 am this morning. Picked up 2 in section 5 row 12 Not the best seats. But since I got both MSG shows through Ten Club I couldn't get the Newark show as well. Been to the Newark arena 3 times. Nice arena and Newark Isn't as bad as it used to be.If you are going from NYC The Path takes you a block away and is around 30 minute ride. Otherwise its not far off the NJ Turnpike. Hartford, Newark, and both MSG shows should be one awesome week.
    Thanks.I have been a fan from the start,when Ten came out.I just joind the 10c, :oops: ,and got tix for Newark from them.My # is high, as it should be,what type of seats should I expect? They way I look at it,Im in the building. ;) Im going to the MSG 1, on 05.20.Got tix from TM,like I have for all my other PJ gigs.Cant wait. :D
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    EDDMB wrote:
    I wasn't able to try for the Newark Ticketmaster pre-sale yesterday. Tried at 10 am this morning. Picked up 2 in section 5 row 12 Not the best seats. But since I got both MSG shows through Ten Club I couldn't get the Newark show as well. Been to the Newark arena 3 times. Nice arena and Newark Isn't as bad as it used to be.If you are going from NYC The Path takes you a block away and is around 30 minute ride. Otherwise its not far off the NJ Turnpike. Hartford, Newark, and both MSG shows should be one awesome week.
    Thanks.I have been a fan from the start,when Ten came out.I just joind the 10c, :oops: ,and got tix for Newark from them.My # is high, as it should be,what type of seats should I expect? They way I look at it,Im in the building. ;) Im going to the MSG 1, on 05.20.Got tix from TM,like I have for all my other PJ gigs.Cant wait. :D

Enjoy the show( s ) ! !
    If you were able to secure 10C tickets,
    even with a high membership number,
    youre still part of a very small , limited subset.
    This subset has the very best seats in any given venue .

If I were to guess, ( strictly speculation ) I'd guess youre somewhere up on the wings ( up on the sides ) but with close proximity to the stage .
    platessmall.jpg
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Ooh, I just bought 2 seats in section 214 row 3. Are these okay? It was either those, or seats in section 103 or 115. I opted for the highest level but what I thought was the best line of sight. Need some validation!

Regardless, still pscyhed for the show, such a nice unexpected surprise and accessible by public transportation!
    :mrgreen:
  • touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    I have a PAIR of MSG 1 FC tickets - FC# 140xxx

I need pair or single to Newark.

PM me if you want to work out a trade.

Thanks.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • goatspergoatsper Posts: 34
    i need a ticket for newark!!!!! anybody have an extra out there?..anybody want to make a new friend for life?
  • Yield84Yield84 Posts: 7
    should've joined 10c awhile bak wen i was goin to.. think i have the highest # 449... but anyways i'll be in newark and hopefully with decent seats..thanx 10c
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free"
    - Eddie Vedder
  • Question for some of you 10C members...I've only been a member of 10C since July 2008. The Newark show is the first PJ show I've scored 10C tickets through. In the past I've normally had to go through Ticketbastard. My question is, what kind of seats does 10C normally provide for the presale tickets to PJ shows? Just curious since I won't have a clue until the day of the show when we pick up the tickets.

The 10C hooked me up with incredible seats to the EV solo show last year in Baltimore, but I know the PJ shows are of much higher demand. I'm just hoping I don't get buried somewhere in the nosebleed section...and yes I AM very appreciative that I got seats. Just wanted to throw the question out there...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,822
    even with a high number you will be fine
    figure somewhere on the lower bowl or 30 rows back on the floor

and there are still decent single tickets available on TM for anyone who needs one
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    I know they are still available on Ticketmaster, but anyone have an extra for Newark 10 Club? I had to work the day they went on sale.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • yieldpjyieldpj Posts: 39
    Fellow 10C member 138xxx unable to get tickets to Newark for the 10c pre-sale or Ticketmaster pre-sale. I'm a lifelong fan and a cool person and possibly a friend for life. I've gotten tickets twice via this way on the forum and have stayed in touch and became great friends with the two other people. Please email me or call me if you have an extra 10c ticket. My email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:mikenorby10@hotmail.com">mikenorby10@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> or call me at 917-204-1728.

I appreciate anything any fellow 10c member can do.

thanks,
    Mike
    "He Who Forgets, Will Be Destined To Remember"
  • yieldpjyieldpj Posts: 39
    deniselast wrote:
    I think the band needs to go back to the old way of selling 10 c tickets. Mail in your self addressed stamped envelope and tickets are based on seniority. Between smart phones, computers and ipods that have internet access, someone could have multiple ways to try for presale tickets and they are just bogging up the system. Not to mention all the scalpers out there buying then selling tickets for 10 times the cost of a ticket.

Didn't score tickets for MSG thru either presale but was lucky enough to get tix during ticketmaster sale. Not even trying for Newark. Don't want to go there and maybe someone who was not so lucky to get MSG tix at all will have a chance.

Any chance the band might come back to Jones Beach???

It is a bitch to get tickets. Took me about an hour for MSG 1 and 45 minutes of MSG 2. I hate that stupid message received
      when the site is overloaded ( you ripped our face off). At some points during this escapade, I wanted to rip someones face off.
      "He Who Forgets, Will Be Destined To Remember"
    • TD-2243TD-2243 Posts: 103
      Still looking for one 10C ticket to Newark show. Can paypal you immediately. Email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:td2243@gmail.com">td2243@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> if you have one to spare. Thanks

Daniel
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      Too many shows to even begin to remember.
      Long live The Pearl Jams!
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      Some of my music...
      https://soundcloud.com/fingerchili
      ------------------------------------------------------------H
      edited April 2010
      deniselast wrote:

Any chance the band might come back to Jones Beach???

god, i hope not !

I remember when the company name associated with this venue was miller genuine draft.
      there once was a time when you were able to pull out a blanket and go lay on the sand and hear the entire concert uniterputed or bothered.
      no more.,

the venue has long lost the sense of intimacy it once had.
      they keep building up on top of it, ....

getting larger and larger every summer.

Its run by a bunch of knuckleheads,
      maybe ( hopefully ) pearl jam realizes most of all of this

even tho we are spoiled by fan club allocation of tickets,
      not everyone is satisfied with this and has to resoprt to their own devices in acquiring tickets.
      i tried sleeping out there in that tourstop of 3 nightsin 2000 ,
      but the state troopers turned us away at the front and said to return at sunrise .
      i pulled off the side of the loop parkway ( the circle around the needle ) and rested until just before sunrise.
      but by the time we drove up to the front, there were 6 cars inline and the sun hadnt fully risen yet.
      Youd think we woulda been in the top 10 online.
      WRONG.

The scalpers had tents pitched and had obviously been alowed in when we were turned away overnight.

The folks immediately in front of us on the mystreriously extended long line
      admitted to us that they indeed werent fans they were in line for someone.
      They later got a delivery from some shady slooking dudes with multiple cell phones and bags of donuts ;
      bagels and coffeee for all of them .
      I shit you not, they all were securing all the max number of tickets at the box office than everyone waiting in line after them .

Bottom line, this place has been run in the past by some shady people somewhere along the lines, getting preferential advantageous perks that even the biggest diehard out there couldnt contend with.
      I was able to get what I was looking for, but these folks were clearly there for reselling purposes .

i still hope PJ doesnt play there unless its a fanclub only show.
      Post edited by Bathgate66 on
      platessmall.jpg
    • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,822
      ^ agreed Jones beach
      although a fantastic setting

is a nightmare venue

NO THANKS

(but if its all we have, Id still go :x )
    • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
      Question for some of you 10C members...I've only been a member of 10C since July 2008. The Newark show is the first PJ show I've scored 10C tickets through. In the past I've normally had to go through Ticketbastard. My question is, what kind of seats does 10C normally provide for the presale tickets to PJ shows? Just curious since I won't have a clue until the day of the show when we pick up the tickets.

The 10C hooked me up with incredible seats to the EV solo show last year in Baltimore, but I know the PJ shows are of much higher demand. I'm just hoping I don't get buried somewhere in the nosebleed section...and yes I AM very appreciative that I got seats. Just wanted to throw the question out there...

There is always the chance you could win the lottery and end up in the 1st, 2nd , 9th or 10th row.
    • jrnyc wrote:
      Question for some of you 10C members...I've only been a member of 10C since July 2008. The Newark show is the first PJ show I've scored 10C tickets through. In the past I've normally had to go through Ticketbastard. My question is, what kind of seats does 10C normally provide for the presale tickets to PJ shows? Just curious since I won't have a clue until the day of the show when we pick up the tickets.

There is always the chance you could win the lottery and end up in the 1st, 2nd , 9th or 10th row.

Let's hope so! :)

I think I definitely won "something" for the EV show last year. I was three rows back, front and center from Eddie. It was an incredible night and amazing venue. I was shocked when I saw my seating placement when I received my tickets before the show.
    This discussion has been closed.