May 18 Newark, NJ added

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    theres always a chance there will be drops, even up to the day of the show.

some of those drops might be better than what was previously offered .

thats a given .

on the other hand , theres the situation - you pull up " mediocre" seats , but really just want to be in the house so in a panic and fear of getting shut out, you pull the trigger.

we've all been there,

sorry that happened to you, hope you still enjoy the show .

oh and please do not compare Newark with NYC / and / or MSG .
    2 different entities,
    We all know PJ could sell out numerous shows at that venue.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • EDDMBEDDMB Posts: 117
    Im going to MSG 1 and Newark.You can not compare Newark to NYC.MSG is a fantastic arena in Manhattan.Newark.....is in Newark NJ.......U can not say they r both the same.I have seen many shows in NJ,BUT ITS NOT NYC.Just doesnt have the buzz like NYC.Having said that,Im fired up for both shows.Cant wait.I would have gone to MSG 2,but its my twins 9th birthday...so..I think going to see the boys that night would have been a shit move by me.Family comes 1st.This added gig gave me another chance to see the band in the NY/NJ area. :D
    1994 - Paramount - NY - 04.17
    1996 - Randalls Island,NY - 09.29
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2000 - Forum - Milan ,IT - 06.22
    2000 - Jones Beach,NY - 08.23, 24 & 25
    2003 - Nassau Coliseum,NY - 04.30
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    2005 - Spectrum,PA -10.03
    2006 - Continental Arena,NJ - 06.03
    2006 - Olympic - Barcelona,Spain - 09.01
    2008 - MSG -NY,NY - 06.24 & 25
    2009 - Spectrum-Philadelphia,PA- 10.28 & 30
    2010 - Prudential Center,NJ - 05.18
    2010 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.20 & 21
    2011 - Beacon Theater,NYC - 06.22 (EV)
    2012 - M.E.N Arena - Manchester - 06.21
    2012 - Isle Of Wright Festival - England - 06.23
    2013 - Barclays Center , Bklyn NY - 10.18 & 19
    2016 - BB&T - Ft Lauderdale , FL - 04.08
    2016 - American Airlines Arena - Miami ,FL - 04.09
    2016 - Amalie Arena - Tampa ,FL - 04.11
    2016 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.01& 02
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    theres always a chance there will be drops, even up to the day of the show.

some of those drops might be better than what was previously offered .

thats a given .

on the other hand , theres the situation - you pull up " mediocre" seats , but really just want to be in the house so in a panic and fear of getting shut out, you pull the trigger.

we've all been there,

sorry that happened to you, hope you still enjoy the show .

oh and please do not compare Newark with NYC / and / or MSG .
    2 different entities,
    We all know PJ could sell out numerous shows at that venue.
    Well said brother. ;)
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
  • Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    It happens. Bought a single in sec 6 then upgraded a few sections minutes later. Just got $36 on eBay for it :(. But we are still going to PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    EDDMB wrote:
    Im going to MSG 1 and Newark.You can not compare Newark to NYC.MSG is a fantastic arena in Manhattan.Newark.....is in Newark NJ.......U can not say they r both the same.I have seen many shows in NJ,BUT ITS NOT NYC.Just doesnt have the buzz like NYC.Having said that,Im fired up for both shows.Cant wait.I would have gone to MSG 2,but its my twins 9th birthday...so..I think going to see the boys that night would have been a shit move by me.Family comes 1st.This added gig gave me another chance to see the band in the NY/NJ area. :D

from what i hear newark venue is nicer, never been to either, but everyone loves msg just cause it historic arena, when really it is a bit old, and there is alot other nicer venues in america than msg. and what is the big deal with going to newark? everyone is too lazy to take a 20 min train ride, or car ride over the river? newark is not ny city, but its a big suburb, and its the same market. i think pj thought they would sell this show out too, or they would not of added a 3rd show in the ny city metro area. they could of played montreal or something instead, and it would of sold out atleast sell ebtter than this, boston-montreal wasnt far. no show since 2005
    thinking albany may of been able to get better ticket sales than this newark as well. i thought newark would of been sold out by now personaly. it is not much travel from there to ny city. does everyone have to work at 4am or somethin the next morning?

i need to sell 4 extra tickets for newark, i hope i can get rid of them, i been to 30 shows and only ever got stuck 1 time with a ticket, and that was columbus 2003. that venue was a nightmare to sell an extra outside for face value dont know why. i have been stuck with ticket before, but never so many. they are section 4, 20 row up, then i got 1 ticket that sucks to sell extra 134 row 1, across venue. then 2 pretty good seats, 127 and 128 i believe row 3 and 4, which is basicaly first 2 sections on side of stage, but not behind it, i think those are awesome seats. all are singles i will sell face value, with taxes it was $97 a ticket, but i dont want to get stuck i sell any ticket for $75 each, if anyone wants any extra, email my pm here, or reply here. i hope i can sell atleast 2 of the 4 extra , and hope i can get rid of them all. ticketmaster fucked my by keep relasing better seats, and i neeeded a pair the whole time, but could never find a good pair, and randomly it found me a ticket on the 6th try, right next to the 2nd ticket i bought, so i am using those 2. but get stuck with 4 extra. im not even using the best seats cause i am using the 2 tickets that are together, cause i dont want to be apart from my friend.
    127 and 128 are pretty good sections if anyone wants they are rows 2 and 3, so you basicaly at bottom of section, id say it about middle of the venue, but its the 1st 2 sections on the left side of the venue, so it will be alot closer than many seats in other section
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    20700s_a.gif

Nice pic in your sig pic
    8-)

thank you and thank you!
    :)

here is seating chart. i have singles to sell face value for newark, willing to eat the ticketbastard fees, so i will sell each ticket for $75 if anyon wants. got 1 in section 127, and 1 in section 128. each is in row 3, and row 4.

other 2 tickets i have are section 4 row 19, and section 134row 1.

i really like to sell atleast 3 of these, anyone needs singles please message me. id have to see 127, and 128 sections look like they be very decent seats. i am sitting in section 5 row 20, because i managed to find a pair there, after buying each as a single, that how fuckin fucked ticketmaster is when i searched for pairs, it never found me good pairs. to get a pair i ended up getting lucky, to find 2 singles together. iended up paying out the ass on ticketmaster fees cause of it too.

so id say 3 out of the 4 i am selling at $75 each are pretty good seats especialy 127 and 128, and section 4 is comparable to what im sitting at anyway, so that still decent seat. i dont care what happens to 134 im willing to eat it. fuckin ticketbastard is so fuckin stupid, after searchinf 5mins after it went on sale it kept saying sold out cant find anything, the first ticket it found me was that stupid 134 section then everytime i searched agfter, the seats got better and better wtf i fuckin hate ticketmaster. and i love pj i dont want to sit way up. that why i kept buying better seats, and i never found a good pair together, got fuckin lucky to find 2 singles foundnext to each other unfuckinreal. i hate ticketbastard, and im pissed i got shut out of 10c tickets for newark, or this never would of happen. been to 30 shows, and never been shut uout, then this tour i get msg1 10c, but no msg night 2 or newark
    also i am willing to do a trade offer. i have those 4 single newarks for sale $75 each. i still need a pair of tickets for msg night 2, all i have right now is one single and my friend is suppose to come. id love to find a decent pair for msg 2. i am willing to trade 3 singles for newark, for a pair of decent night 2 msg tickets. so if you got buddies, you getting an extra ticket for newark, and if they are decent enough msg 2 night seats pair, id be willing to trade all 4 newark singles, for the pair of msg night 2.

anyone want to make a deal reply or pm me, dont want to get stuck with all these extra newark singles, and 127 and 128 sections are very solid seats, considering what is left if you go through ticketbastard now.

i pray to god i win the lottery on msg night 1 for my 10 c tickets, cause it was a fuckin clusterfuck getting msg2 or newark tickets, and i had to use ticketbastard and they are fuckin scum. never found msg pair from ticketbastard sold out before went on sale wtf searched forever, and then newark says cant find tickets at first, then finaly finds section 134 like 10 mins into onsale time, so i was thinking fuck newark is selling out as fast as msg,when that wasnt the case, and then ticketbasrtd releasesa better tickets as time goes on. makes no sense to me, stupid fuckin aholes i hate ticketmaster, wish 10c was like before never got shut out. almost wish 10c would buy my extras from ticketbastrd. :cry:
    never thought i'd be wishing for a weekend to end- before it even started

c'mon newark!
    platessmall.jpg
  • elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Bathgate66 wrote:

c'mon newark!
    Bathgate, you're enthusiasm is totally contagious! I gotta feeling Newark's gonna be better than both MSGs!!! GO NEWARK!!! THROW THEM GUNS IN THE AIR!!!
    Bathgate66 wrote:

c'mon newark!
    Bathgate, you're enthusiasm is totally contagious! I gotta feeling Newark's gonna be better than both MSGs!!! GO NEWARK!!! THROW THEM GUNS IN THE AIR!!!

:D
    platessmall.jpg
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Newark is the new MSG ;) Unchartered for PJ - MSG is so 2003, passe :lol:

I can't fuckin wait.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    just to be clear:

it's not "would of"

it's "would have"

thank you.
  • jerrylovesjamjerrylovesjam Posts: 132
    Seems many tickets are being gobbled up at the last minute to this show. Couple weeks ago there were over 2000 tickets on stubhub. Now there's just a little over 400. Or maybe people just took the listing down.

Anyway if it weren't for ticketmaster most of us wouldn't be seeing them, considering how difficult it is to get 10 club tickets anymore to shows in the Northeast. I pulled great seats at Newark and good seats for MSG1 and I'm happier than a pig in shit. It' because of ticketmaster that I'm seeing my favorite band, not 10 club as I wasted half a day with that fiasco. Beggers can't be choosers!

Enjoy the shows everyone. :D
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.
    only 2 more days !
    platessmall.jpg
    HELL YEA. 2 more days. Lovin Bathgates Enthusiasm!!!!! :D
    Seems many tickets are being gobbled up at the last minute to this show. Couple weeks ago there were over 2000 tickets on stubhub. Now there's just a little over 400. Or maybe people just took the listing down.

Anyway if it weren't for ticketmaster most of us wouldn't be seeing them, considering how difficult it is to get 10 club tickets anymore to shows in the Northeast. I pulled great seats at Newark and good seats for MSG1 and I'm happier than a pig in shit. It' because of ticketmaster that I'm seeing my favorite band, not 10 club as I wasted half a day with that fiasco. Beggers can't be choosers!

I agree with you 100%.The MSG shows sold out so fast.The 10c "fiasco" had me so pissed.I got tix from Ticketmaster for MSG 1.I was able to buy presale 10c tix for Newark.My only problem is they dont tell you where you are sitting until you pick up the seats.Dont get me wrong,Im very happy I got 10c tix,but I have a high #,that of course is my fault.I checked Ticketmaster the morning they went on sale to the public,I could have had great seats...I just hope my tix are decent from 10c.I have been to the Rock to see my Rangers play the Devils a few times.Its always fun to go to another teams arena.Its very nice..its..steep.Your view from your seats is very good all over.But,your are looking down.Not across ,as is the case with MSG.I belong to the Warehouse and U2s fanclubs for a very long time.DMB presale is done in a similar fashion to 10c.But you get tix.....always.And you get right through.Their system doesnt crash,freeze or say.."you ripped my face off".The day before tix go on sale to the public,the Warehouse emails you and tells you where you are sitting.In 10 yrs I have never been shut out from the Warehouse.And yes..they print their tix as well.It is also a first come,first serve policy..like 10c.So why is it that the Warehouse have no problems ? Strange.I have tickets to DMB at Citi Field,07.17.10.Its sold out,over 45,000 tickets.Im on the floor.So its not like nobody is buying tickets.U2 have a deal with ticketmaster,its done by seniority.I always get tix,and I know where Im sitting.If I dont like the seats,I dont buy them,I try again.Im not complaining,I just like to know where Im sitting, when Im the one buying the tickets.The 10c should change the way they handle this.Or,they should have more tickets for their fanclub members.Maybe they should distribute tickets by seniority,like U2s fanclub. Anyway.....I think the Newark show is going to be the standout gig of this short tour.The band have never played there..and it is the Metropolitan area.I cant wait.Even if Im sitting last row upstairs.Im fired up.Im going across the river.20 min train ride.I know this show will rival both Msg gigs. :D
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    EDDMB wrote:

I agree with you 100%.The MSG shows sold out so fast.The 10c "fiasco" had me so pissed.I got tix from Ticketmaster for MSG 1.I was able to buy presale 10c tix for Newark.My only problem is they dont tell you where you are sitting until you pick up the seats.Dont get me wrong,Im very happy I got 10c tix,but I have a high #,that of course is my fault.I checked Ticketmaster the morning they went on sale to the public,I could have had great seats...I just hope my tix are decent from 10c.I have been to the Rock to see my Rangers play the Devils a few times.Its always fun to go to another teams arena.Its very nice..its..steep.Your view from your seats is very good all over.But,your are looking down.Not across ,as is the case with MSG.I belong to the Warehouse and U2s fanclubs for a very long time.DMB presale is done in a similar fashion to 10c.But you get tix.....always.And you get right through.Their system doesnt crash,freeze or say.."you ripped my face off".The day before tix go on sale to the public,the Warehouse emails you and tells you where you are sitting.In 10 yrs I have never been shut out from the Warehouse.And yes..they print their tix as well.It is also a first come,first serve policy..like 10c.So why is it that the Warehouse have no problems ? Strange.I have tickets to DMB at Citi Field,07.17.10.Its sold out,over 45,000 tickets.Im on the floor.So its not like nobody is buying tickets.U2 have a deal with ticketmaster,its done by seniority.I always get tix,and I know where Im sitting.If I dont like the seats,I dont buy them,I try again.Im not complaining,I just like to know where Im sitting, when Im the one buying the tickets.The 10c should change the way they handle this.Or,they should have more tickets for their fanclub members.Maybe they should distribute tickets by seniority,like U2s fanclub. Anyway.....I think the Newark show is going to be the standout gig of this short tour.The band have never played there..and it is the Metropolitan area.I cant wait.Even if Im sitting last row upstairs.Im fired up.Im going across the river.20 min train ride.I know this show will rival both Msg gigs. :D

theyre not your Rangers, they're Our Rangers

:p
    platessmall.jpg
    EDDMB wrote:

You won't be high up at all. Should be either lower section wing seats or floor somewhere. I have a 430,xxx number and on Oct. 27th in Philly I had great lower wing seats. Oct 28th, I was at the back of the floor. The wings are much better! Good luck!

By the way, If they play SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE, everyone needs to get out of their seats, go to the open concourse and run around in circles like we are little kids again. I do this with my 4 year old, it's his favorite song and makes that song so much fun. :lol:
    ive only seen the arena on television , usually for Hockey.
    Isnt it fitting that as well as my first time, its PJs first time too.
    Why not see the new building with my favorite band.
    i got lower level seats, towards the back of the arena.
    :o

Wondering if Mayor Booker will be in attendance.
    platessmall.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Tomorrow!
    platessmall.jpg
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    bring your rain boots tommorrow :twisted: :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    bring your rain boots tommorrow :twisted: :mrgreen:
    Oh please let it rain... or reign ;) It's going to be a good time :D
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i can't believe i am seeing pj tomorrow.......!
    :o
    :shock:
    :mrgreen:
    and i wasn't even planning on attending the newark show. eh, the best laid plans... :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• IGOTSHIT15IGOTSHIT15 Posts: 60
    I have a hardcopy extra ticket to newark - section 5 row 11 seat 3 - paid $95 after fees but willing to go less

let me know
    the waiting drove me mad.

Can we get a OTO,
    FULL BAND Springsteen cover this time around
    being that its Bruces home state here ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • MikeSigMikeSig Posts: 74
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Can we get a OTO,

I would love a full-band Bruce cover - like you said, Newark would be the place to do it.

I'm actually thinking the Newark show could be a special one - I remember that Eddie kept raving about how much he loved being there when he played his acoustic show at the NJPAC.
    MikeSig wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Can we get a OTO,

I would love a full-band Bruce cover - like you said, Newark would be the place to do it.

I'm actually thinking the Newark show could be a special one - I remember that Eddie kept raving about how much he loved being there when he played his acoustic show at the NJPAC.

Yessssss, New Jersey!
    platessmall.jpg
This discussion has been closed.