Woman dies saving her dog...

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,474
    Dogs are like girlfriends.....

If they die in a fire....

Ya just go to the nearest shelter, and get another one.....

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Im sorry....

heheheheheheheehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    dunkman wrote:
    Like humans, some dogs are really stupid, while some really smart..

That said, if inteligence is a life or death factor, what about retarded people? Are their lives worth less? and how much?
    Gob wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

That said, if inteligence is a life or death factor, what about retarded people? Are their lives worth less? and how much?
    That argument is silly....

Human being vs. Dog????

Cmon...Thats silly....
    Gob wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

would you then risk your life for a pet ant?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Gob wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

That argument is silly....

Human being vs. Dog????

Cmon...Thats silly....
    It's silly to most, because most people believe in God, and most people believe we are the it in the universe.. Would I run into a building for a pet? Most likely not, but I'm not going to assume someone else is an idiot for doing so. We all die someday. We all have different priorities, beliefs.
    dunkman wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

would you then risk your life for a pet ant?
    What kind of idiot as a pet ant? What kind of stupid question is that?! :lol:

No, I'd take a magnifying glass to it!
    Gob wrote:
    It's silly to most, because most people believe in God, and most people believe we are the it in the universe.. Would I run into a building for a pet? Most likely not, but I'm not going to assume someone else is an idiot for doing so. We all die someday. We all have different priorities, beliefs.

i don't believe in god and I also believe we are the most intelligent species on earth, effectively making us 'it' in the world. But I don't think that the Wolf is an idiot... foolish perhaps for willing to give up his own life for his obedient dog... but not an idiot.
    edited April 2010
    dunkman wrote:
    Gob wrote:

i don't believe in god and I also believe we are the most intelligent species on earth, effectively making us 'it' in the world. But I don't think that the Wolf is an idiot... foolish perhaps for willing to give up his own life for his obedient dog... but not an idiot.
    Here's what should have gone down..

An intelligent person would NOT have run into a burning building. An intelligent person would have kicked a door or window in, leaving an exit for the pet. An intelligent pet would have figured the way out.

Survival of the fittest. Lady wasn't intelligent, she died. It's been going on for millions of years.

EDIT: I spelled "intelligent" wrong.. jokes on me! :lol:
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Gob wrote:
    We all die someday. We all have different priorities, beliefs.

that's it really.
    we all know we should never run back into a burning building for....ANY thing or ANy one. person, dog, cat, iguana...whatever. it's a foolish thing to do, absolutely, but many people follow their instincts/hearts, sometimes to their own demise.

sad story for all involved.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

a pet ant....

hehehehehehe
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    that's it really.
    we all know we should never run back into a burning building for....ANY thing or ANy one. person, dog, cat, iguana...whatever. it's a foolish thing to do, absolutely, but many people follow their instincts/hearts, sometimes to their own demise.

Yeah that's probably true. I guess for me I get annoyed because people say they'd run into a burning house for a family member and then MOCK people who would do the same for a dog they've had for 1..2..10 years.

It's one thing to say they wouldn't do it - I can't argue with that, but I do get annoyed when they mock people who would.

But you're right- its not smart to ever do it, but people do it all the time for family members. Unfortunately it works out horribly sometimes. :(
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Dogs are like girlfriends.....

If they die in a fire....

Ya just go to the nearest shelter, and get another one.....

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Im sorry....

heheheheheheheehehe

"You see Greg, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break. But cats will make you work for their affection, they don't sell out the way dogs do."
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Gob wrote:
    We all die someday. We all have different priorities, beliefs.

that's it really.

So true. We all do a variety of things out of love/instinct/guilt.

I don't really think intelligence has anything to do with it. As I said before I don't really know what I would do in that situation. You never really know how you'll react when the adrenalin starts pumping and the emotions start flooding in. Who knows. But cats before husband. Pretty clear on that ;):lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    I can just picture my wake/funeral, after I died saving my dogs life...

As I lay in the coffin, there is no doubt someone in my family, or one of my friends would bring my dog into the wake. As I lay in my coffin, and family members are grieving, the good preacher would start to say a few kind words.....

As this was going on my dog would be there doing one of 2 things...or both.....

1. He would be licking his balls....
    2. After licking his balls, he would start humping my girlfriends leg.
    2. After licking his balls, he would start humping my girlfriends leg.
    Well at least you know you'd die for a good cause. :lol:
    I have always wanted a dog....

So I could have a companion, when I go baby seal hunting.......
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    the wolf wrote:
    I wouldn't think twice about running in a burning building to save my dog.

I would do it in a second.

I know I'm in the minority here.
    This is why you are such a wonderful man, why you write so beautifully and love so deep. Risking ones own life to save a pet is admirable not foolish. It's all about love and some are willing to take a risk to keep that precious love. I would have to try.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I would do the same thing in a heartbeat... I love my dogs...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I would do the same thing in a heartbeat... I love my dogs...

do you realise that you would die?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Another woman died overnight near where I live trying to rescue a dog on a highway...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5856673617

:(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Touching on the argument at hand...
    Dogs and many other animals have been known to rescue their owners when they are in trouble.
    Dogs would run to alert someone through barking, cats would meow loud, etc.
    Seeing they would rescue us, why would we not return the good deed?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you know my father always told me never to swerve the car to avoid hitting a dog. and one morning driving to the train station i did just that. my father is a big dog lover. but he loves his human family more.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

because we might die... and no dog is worth your own life! and yes, I am including Scooby Doo in this...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dunkman wrote:

because we might die... and no dog is worth your own life! and yes, I am including Scooby Doo in this...

beethoven too.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Brian is worth my life! I really love Brian from Family Guy, after I saved him we'd go have martini's :D
    Seriously, I have been thinking about the woman who lost her life and the love she carried in her heart for her best friend. That's the key, some of us consider our relationships with our pets to be like best friends even better. "I'd rather be with an animal" is pretty much been my motto for my life.
    I also thought about this woman's parents. I think a person who loves animals like this probably learned to value them from their parents as a child. So her parents would probably do the same, risk their lives also and although they are grieving they get it.
    I have no doubt in my mind my children would risk their lives to save their dogs. My daughter would probably do that for an animal she didn't even know! I would understand her heart and be proud of the depth of care she has for another living thing. And I would miss her terribly but I would never say she was foolish to care so deeply.
    My son would know exactly what he was doing but he would go in and get Bonnie the Bulldog because she is his responsibility and she needs him. She is an elderly rescue Bulldog who has given my son purpose in his life. They need each other.
    So my point is no one should judge this woman's actions and call her foolish because she valued the life of someone, yes someone, to her, her dog was someone, someone she loved dearly. This judging comes from not understanding another's heart and what is of value in their lives.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    pandora wrote:
    Brian is worth my life! I really love Brian from Family Guy, after I saved him we'd go have martini's :D
    Seriously, I have been thinking about the woman who lost her life and the love she carried in her heart for her best friend. That's the key, some of us consider our relationships with our pets to be like best friends even better. "I'd rather be with an animal" is pretty much been my motto for my life.
    I also thought about this woman's parents. I think a person who loves animals like this probably learned to value them from their parents as a child. So her parents would probably do the same, risk their lives also and although they are grieving they get it.
    I have no doubt in my mind my children would risk their lives to save their dogs. My daughter would probably do that for an animal she didn't even know! I would understand her heart and be proud of the depth of care she has for another living thing. And I would miss her terribly but I would never say she was foolish to care so deeply.
    My son would know exactly what he was doing but he would go in and get Bonnie the Bulldog because she is his responsibility and she needs him. She is an elderly rescue Bulldog who has given my son purpose in his life. They need each other.
    So my point is no one should judge this woman's actions and call her foolish because she valued the life of someone, yes someone, to her, her dog was someone, someone she loved dearly. This judging comes from not understanding another's heart and what is of value in their lives.
    There is nothing more sacred than unconditional love... a pet lover knows that...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    pandora wrote:

unfortunately I will judge her... I, and many thousands of firefighters will agree, find her actions to be 'foolish'. She not only risked her own life but she was also endangering the lives of others who would then have tried to rescue her. For a dog? What about the pet ant? does it not receive the same level of care from you guys who find her actions to be valiant? Should she have rescued a pet ant?
    There is nothing more sacred than unconditional love... a pet lover knows that...

clearly this is one side versus another... but my head is fucking spinning in the knowledge that some of you would choose to die in order to save a dog... that is genuinely fucking ludicrous.

I'm going to find a story about a woman who dies trying to save a pine tree or a cloud.
    dunkman wrote:

beethoven too.

there was a sequel?!?!?!?

;)