Woman dies saving her dog...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5856195162

:(

The poor dog must be feeling sad now, they know when their owners die :(
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    How tragic.
  • As much as I love dogs, it's not a risk I'd take although a lot of people would have reacted the same as she did.
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    that is sad, she is a hero in my book. I would hope to be so brave to go in to save my dogs. I wouldn't want to live with myself if I didn't.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pandora wrote:
    that is sad, she is a hero in my book. I would hope to be so brave to go in to save my dogs. I wouldn't want to live with myself if I didn't.

not really brave that though is it... more foolish.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

that depends on how much you love your dogs and knowing that they depend on me and love me I would have to try to save them. It wouldn't be so foolish if I was successful.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    so sad..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,623
    such a shame.
    www.myspace.com
    pandora wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

that depends on how much you love your dogs and knowing that they depend on me and love me I would have to try to save them. It wouldn't be so foolish if I was successful.

It was still foolish of her though... all fire fighters will say that a person should never run back into a burning building... this means the firefighters might have to risk their lives and they perhaps value their own life over and above that of a dog. I know I do.

whilst the story is indeed tragic, it was incredibly foolish of her to do what she did.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    tragic indeed.
    i agree with dunkman.
    it was a mistake for her to go into her flaming apartment.
    and from the way the story reads it was engulfed in flames big time.
    she was brave and not thinking clearly and that's understandable.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    poor dog?

poor lady's family. they have to live knowing she died a very avoidable death.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    so stupid
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    dunkman wrote:

It was still foolish of her though... all fire fighters will say that a person should never run back into a burning building... this means the firefighters might have to risk their lives and they perhaps value their own life over and above that of a dog. I know I do.

whilst the story is indeed tragic, it was incredibly foolish of her to do what she did.

I agree its what the firefighters tell us. Makes me think of a very favorite movie though, Defending Your Life, where we, the little brains of the universe, must go to be judged in the afterlife. How we are judged is based on the amount of fear we have had through living our lives here on earth. Meryl Streep, had a great life, no fears, she got her children out of the burning house and ran back in to save her cat successfully. She moves on to the next level of lives. Albert Brookes full of fear, not so fortunate. Its a great comedy. Albert Brookes is awesomely funny in it.
    I think I might rather be foolishly fearless and leave a hero.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    pandora wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I agree its what the firefighters tell us. Makes me think of a very favorite movie though, Defending Your Life, where we, the little brains of the universe, must go to be judged in the afterlife. How we are judged is based on the amount of fear we have had through living our lives here on earth. Meryl Streep, had a great life, no fears, she got her children out of the burning house and ran back in to save her cat successfully. She moves on to the next level of lives. Albert Brookes full of fear, not so fortunate. Its a great comedy. Albert Brookes is awesomely funny in it.
    Hopefully she enjoys the unlimited shrimp and pasta :(
    GoiMTvP.gif
    pandora wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Hopefully she enjoys the unlimited shrimp and pasta :(
    that's one of my favorite part of the movie, when the waiter brings him all those pies. I get your point though, it is tragic and perhaps if she knew she wouldn't do it again but I can embrace why she did it in the first place.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    pandora wrote:
    So sad :( I agree. Don't know how I would react in this kind of situation and hopefully I'll never find out, but I just couldn't imagine not trying to save my cats. I came home one night and there were fire trucks all over my street. Fortunately nothing major had happened, but my first thought was if my cats were ok. My husband jokes (sort of) that he better be prepared to fend for himself cause he know they're gonna be the first to be saved.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • A couple years ago my brother made a tragic mistake leaving a too hot barbeque too near the house and under a patio roof, then he and his wife went shopping, they came home to find their house fully engulfed and their 2 border collies, lontime full members of the household, had died horrible deaths. I still cant shake it. I guess I would run back in automatically, I know they would have.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,474
    Bad decision, that cost this poor woman her life....

I can say, I would NOT run into a burning building to save my cat.....I love my cat, my cat is great....My cat is part of the family. When I cook chicken, I put a piece in the oven for the cat. When I barbeque a steak, my cat is right on the table eating with me. My cat cuddles with me every night when I go to sleep. My cat is a "Princess". Actually my cat thinks the apartment is hers, and she just allows me and Kathy to live there, just to humor her. hehehehehe

I would not run into a burning building to save my cat....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    At least she died doing something she loved... Wait, that saying doesn't really apply here, does it? When in Rome...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I wouldn't think twice about running in a burning building to save my dog.

I would do it in a second.

I know I'm in the minority here.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:

You would give your own life....For your dog???

You would leave friends and family behind.....To save your dogs life????

Really???
    I mean REALLY?????????
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    pandora wrote:
    Me too... this is tragic, but not foolish. It's not like she was trying to run in to save jewelry or something - she was running in to save a part of her family.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    the wolf wrote:

Really???
    I mean REALLY?????????
    Dogs have the inteligence capacity of a two year old human. Depending on your religious views, to many its like running inside to save a two year old human.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    the wolf wrote:

Really???
    I mean REALLY?????????

yes I would. In the last 14 years members of my family and friends have all let me down at some point.
    I can't say that about my dog.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    warmbreath wrote:
    A couple years ago my brother made a tragic mistake leaving a too hot barbeque too near the house and under a patio roof, then he and his wife went shopping, they came home to find their house fully engulfed and their 2 border collies, lontime full members of the household, had died horrible deaths. I still cant shake it. I guess I would run back in automatically, I know they would have.
    My Aunt/Uncle's house got torched by an arsonist last year and their two dogs both died inside. They never had a chance to go in or anything as they were out when it happened and by the time they got the call the firefighters were there, but my mom says they've never gotten over that. Of everything that was lost that is what haunts them every single day.

I'm not saying everyone should run in to try and save a dog, but I wouldn't think twice. Of course I'd like to think I'd take more precautions, but under pressure sometimes you just have to act fast and try to be as smart as you can though. I'd definitely try though - no doubt about it.
    the wolf wrote:

that's truly unbelievable. What if you got trapped? Imagine that 4 or 5 firefighters would have to come into that building and risk their lives all because you wanted to rescue your dog? i know some folks love their pets but this is too far imo.

I would run back in for my goldfish but I also know that they are probably in the safest place when there is a fire. ;)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    I would run back in for my goldfish but I also know that they are probably in the safest place when there is a fire. ;)

They're not. They would gently simmer to death....
    Gob wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

Really???
    I mean REALLY?????????
    Dogs have the inteligence capacity of a two year old human. Depending on your religious views, to many its like running inside to save a two year old human.

i've got 2 kids... at no point did they attempt to lick their own arse and then chase a car.
    the wolf wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

Really???
    I mean REALLY?????????

yes I would. In the last 14 years members of my family and friends have all let me down at some point.
    I can't say that about my dog.
    That is because the dog is too fucking stupid to let you down. The dog has the brain the size of a peanut. He eats, he sleeps, he barks, he chases his tail, and he likes to go out for walks....

He isnt worth giving your own life for....

Thats just my humble opinion.
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

They're not. They would gently simmer to death....

yeah i never thought of that. :mrgreen:

even still... probably the safest place to be in the short term.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    dunkman wrote:

i've got 2 kids... at no point did they attempt to lick their own arse and then chase a car.
    lol, well licking asses is part of self grooming and chasing cars some kind of hunting instinct.. I didn't say they were identical to people, I mean they walk on four legs. ;)

And if you could lick your ass, you would. :lol: