2010 NBA Playoffs

Comments

• Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I'm kinda hoping the Suns can pick up at least one win so I can catch a western conference finals game next week at Staples..But the way Kobe's been shooting lately IDK

Looking forward to the display tonight in any case
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Aero83_ wrote:
    I'm kinda hoping the Suns can pick up at least one win so I can catch a western conference finals game next week at Staples..But the way Kobe's been shooting lately IDK

Looking forward to the display tonight in any case

As much as I want Phoenix to win, I think they might get destroyed. But, underdog stories have come true.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    here's the smiley for these playoffs:

7.gif7.gif7.gif
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

7.gif7.gif7.gif

It's only the conference finals.....and everything Orlando has been involved with in the post season, whether it be for their advantage or not.

If Boston takes it all, beers are on me Rob. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    arg-dancing-celtics-on-black-url.gif DEFENSE is furious! Rondo!
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Man they are looking good...arg-leprechaun-opt.gif
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

RONDO the rise of a future STAR?

• trebmaltrebmal Posts: 102
    I'm a huge Celtics fan! This game tonight has been incredible. So much hustle from Rajon Rondo, and Glen Davis. I hope they win it in 4.
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
    trebmal wrote:
    I'm a huge Celtics fan! This game tonight has been incredible. So much hustle from Rajon Rondo, and Glen Davis. I hope they win it in 4.

His hustle is out of this world period, a different leading scorer for each game so far. THAT'S pretty good.

Peace

Celtics are unreal but at the same time they ARE FOR REAL!

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    imalive wrote:

7.gif7.gif7.gif
    Indeed.

The Lakers/Celtics rivalry has lost its luster for everyone that's not a Laker or Celtic fan!
    tcaporale wrote:
    imalive wrote:

7.gif7.gif7.gif
    Indeed.

The Lakers/Celtics rivalry has lost its luster for everyone that's not a Laker or Celtic fan!

In any case, it'll still be good basketball as they are both extremely talented teams.

Boston Celtics: 2010 NBA Champions.

I'm showing my Celtic Pride at full force.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:
    imalive wrote:

7.gif7.gif7.gif
    Indeed.

In any case, it'll still be good basketball as they are both extremely talented teams.

Boston Celtics: 2010 NBA Champions.

I'm showing my Celtic Pride at full force.

Not so fast there's a long way to go, first things first finish off THIS series and get some much needed rest.

Peace

• Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    tcaporale wrote:
    imalive wrote:

7.gif7.gif7.gif
    Indeed.

thats cause theres not a decent bird/magic type player on either team as far as personality goes... ray allen seems like a nice enough guy... but the celtic are just fuckin boring to me overall... and the lakers all seem like d-bags... maybe just jealousy speakin? :|

i was really hoping this would be the suns' year... nash deserves it... they've always been a solid team... emphasis on the TEAM

oh well
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    but the celtic are just fuckin boring to me overall...

To me, this Celtics team is a throwback to how basketball was played, as a team, and with defense.

Rondo's maturation from 2008 to now is pretty stunning. I remember watching the playoffs in 2008 and cringing each time he'd pull up and take a shot from 15-18 feet. What a difference 2 years makes.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    but the celtic are just fuckin boring to me overall...

To me, this Celtics team is a throwback to how basketball was played, as a team, and with defense.

Rondo's maturation from 2008 to now is pretty stunning. I remember watching the playoffs in 2008 and cringing each time he'd pull up and take a shot from 15-18 feet. What a difference 2 years makes.
    he's definitely gotten a lot better... should be nice to watch him for years to come

i just cant put my finger on the team chemistry the same way i could with the '90s bulls... thats probably just hometown loyalty... but im not pullin for the celts the way i was in '08... dunno whats changed

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    i just cant put my finger on the team chemistry the same way i could with the '90s bulls... thats probably just hometown loyalty... but im not pullin for the celts the way i was in '08... dunno whats changed

I do ...

rasheed-jersey300350.jpg

... even we have a tough time cheering for this guy. :lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

I do ...

rasheed-jersey300350.jpg

... even we have a tough time cheering for this guy. :lol:
    ha... much better fit with the bad boy pistons

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tcaporale wrote:
    imalive wrote:

7.gif7.gif7.gif
    Indeed.

thats cause theres not a decent bird/magic type player on either team as far as personality goes... ray allen seems like a nice enough guy... but the celtic are just fuckin boring to me overall... and the lakers all seem like d-bags... maybe just jealousy speakin? :|

i was really hoping this would be the suns' year... nash deserves it... they've always been a solid team... emphasis on the TEAM

oh well

celtics are a team of douche bags...starting with pierce, then with KG and less we forget rondo. i'd like punch all three in the mouth.

as for nash, nobody deserves to win it...if that was the case, i deserve to win it.

while we are at it. fuck kobe and fuck pau

however, i will take Phil back any day of the week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

celtics are a team of douche bags...starting with pierce, then with KG and less we forget rondo. i'd like punch all three in the mouth.

as for nash, nobody deserves to win it...if that was the case, i deserve to win it.

while we are at it. fuck kobe and fuck pau

however, i will take Phil back any day of the week.

:lol::lol::lol:

except..............fuck Phil, too. his presence nearly ruined my eddie solo experience.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    :mrgreen:

Phil is awesome. he could take over for Eddie for all i care. just as long as he came back to chicago to coach. sad say when he road off on his Harley

what did phil do at the EV solo show?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Phil is awesome. he could take over for Eddie for all i care. just as long as he came back to chicago to coach. sad say when he road off on his Harley

he sat too fucking close to me. him and john lithgow. :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

he sat too fucking close to me. him and john lithgow. :?

:lol::lol::lol:
    i would have let Phil sit on my lap. Phil rules. serious.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    When you look at expiring contracts is it too far fetched that Lebron could sign with the CELTICS?

•Boston Celtics – $29.94 million – Ray Allen, Brian Scalabrine, Eddie House, Tony Allen and Marquis Daniels

It won't happen but if somehow he did I feel strongly that he would win at least one championship. Mike Brown was fired by the Cavs which may mean he's likely to go back to Cleveland but we'll see.

Here's more on expiring contracts in 2010.....Expiring Contracts 2010

Peace

g under p wrote:
    When you look at expiring contracts is it too far fetched that Lebron could sign with the CELTICS?

•Boston Celtics – $29.94 million – Ray Allen, Brian Scalabrine, Eddie House, Tony Allen and Marquis Daniels

It won't happen but if somehow he did I feel strongly that he would win at least one championship. Mike Brown was fired by the Cavs which may mean he's likely to go back to Cleveland but we'll see.

Peace

it takes more than expiring contracts to sign Lebron. Boston would have to do a trade

Cap is expected to be 56.1 million and Boston already has 63.3 committed to salary for next year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

it takes more than expiring contracts to sign Lebron. Boston would have to do a trade

Cap is expected to be 56.1 million and Boston already has 63.3 committed to salary for next year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

Correct that's why I said it won't happen unless the King wanted to take less. HOWEVER, we are talking about pro players and they DON'T take less and shouldn't no matter how much money they have made. Just look at what happened to Nate Robinson of the Celtics. He would have received a 1 mil bonus if he played 58 games and for some reason he was held out and only played 56 games and lost that bonus.

Peace

81 wrote:

even with all his hemorrhoids?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

even with all his hemorrhoids?

might be better with the dougnut. :lol:

as long as he doesn't shat my lap
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    g under p wrote:
    Correct that's why I said it won't happen unless the King wanted to take less. HOWEVER, we are talking about pro players and they DON'T take less and shouldn't no matter how much money they have made. Just look at what happened to Nate Robinson of the Celtics. He would have received a 1 mil bonus if he played 58 games and for some reason he was held out and only played 56 games and lost that bonus.

Peace
    POPPYCOCK!

you go where you can win

after you have a certain amount of money shouldnt it all be about the ring??

with lebron's ego, he's gonna want chicago so he can try upstaging MJ... good chance to to win that ring too

if he does that stupid hand powder shit in the UC though, i'm gonna kick his ass