2010 NBA Playoffs

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:
    rajon rondo is taking over this series ... C's are making cavs a jump shooting team which they cleary are not ...

go suns!

Doc Rivers and Co. really capitalized last night on LeBron having an off night. Made me so happy to not see LeBron taking over. Although I found it funny how the commentators kept reminding the viewers every 10 seconds how LeBron has yet to score. :roll:

Piss on the Cavs, hoping the Celtics can put the stake through their heart once again on Thursday.

Would love, love, love to see a Suns / Celtics finals.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    I would like to see the Lakers and Celtics at the Finals....GO LAKERS!

That would no doubt be a good series. I thought that at the beginning of the playoffs. Let's start the 80's all over again and have Boston and LA play each other like every year, haha.

BEAT LA!!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Hoping to see LeBron leave the court pouting again tonight like last year with their loss to Ron Jeremy-look-alike and Co.

The Magic, in other words. :)

Someone agree...Stan Van Gundy totally looks like a more cleaned up Ron Jeremy.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Nice start by the Celtics as ALL five starters have scored

celtics1.gif
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Full disclosure, I'm not a huge basketball follower, I mean, I know the names and teams but it's my #4 sport of the major 4.

But, I did watch tonight's C's v Cavs game ... holy shit, is it me with their playoff life hanging in the balance, did the Cavs give up with 3 minutes left and down by 9 or so? Completely letting the Celtics run the full 24 off the clock, taking their time up the floor.

What a gag job.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Posts: 2,247
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I would like to see the Lakers and Celtics at the Finals....GO LAKERS!

That would no doubt be a good series. I thought that at the beginning of the playoffs. Let's start the 80's all over again and have Boston and LA play each other like every year, haha.

BEAT LA!!!

They are the BEST Teams in the NBA
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    let the lebron watch begin

shaq needs to retire... or go play nose tackle in the nfl. dude is a blimp of his former self.

boston has a lot of talented players...cleveland not so much.

i wouldn't complain if James came to chicago. :mrgreen:

is Reggie Miller the worst commentator or is it just me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    is Reggie Miller the worst commentator or is it just me.

I can tolerate him more than JVG :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... they were defeated before they stepped on the floor ... cleveland should have won but they were outcoached ... mike brown's offensive sets are too easily defended ... they will give lebron 35 a game as long as no one else steps up ...

antawn jamison was throwing up some huge bricks in the second half ...

and people in my fantasy league laughed when i drafted rondo early and made him my captain ... well a league title later and watching him basically take over games in the second half is pretty sweet to watch ...
    polaris_x wrote:

and people in my fantasy league laughed when i drafted rondo early and made him my captain ... well a league title later and watching him basically take over games in the second half is pretty sweet to watch ...

I see Rondo developing into even more of an elite player in years to come. Now if he could only get his free-throw shooting down. :shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:

With the right signings, trades, and moves made...if James came to Chicago, I think you'd have a great chance at being a top contender once again.

The first step was sending Del Negro on his way -- that just wasn't working out.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I see Rondo developing into even more of an elite player in years to come. Now if he could only get his free-throw shooting down. :shock:

:lol: ... yeah ... he killed me in the FT% cat a few times this year ... but he's got a decent jump shot that he's getting more confident with and that should translate into more FTs being made ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

:lol: ... yeah ... he killed me in the FT% cat a few times this year ... but he's got a decent jump shot that he's getting more confident with and that should translate into more FTs being made ...

He's also got that floater that he's getting down quite well. I swear that thing could get over even the hands of Shawn Bradley (if he still played.. ;) )
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

With the right signings, trades, and moves made...if James came to Chicago, I think you'd have a great chance at being a top contender once again.

The first step was sending Del Negro on his way -- that just wasn't working out.

all they would need is James...and a few 3 point shooters. a bigger 2 guard would be nice, but not a requirement.

i was on the fire Del Negro bandwagon early in the season, but at the end, with what he had to work with (trading 2 of his top 8 players for chumps) and all the injuries, i thought he did a nice job. I would have let him coach out his contract.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

all they would need is James...and a few 3 point shooters. a bigger 2 guard would be nice, but not a requirement.

i was on the fire Del Negro bandwagon early in the season, but at the end, with what he had to work with (trading 2 of his top 8 players for chumps) and all the injuries, i thought he did a nice job. I would have let him coach out his contract.

Considering that I don't follow the Bulls at all, I'm sure you're knowledge is more solid and supportive. I'll take your word that Del Negro did the best he could with what he was dealt. Too bad he went out on a bad note though with the management?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    The CELTICS are giving Orlando hell.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    The CELTICS are giving Orlando hell.

Damn right. GO CELTICS.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    i'm on the ABO train ... anyone besides orlando ... go suns although they are clear underdogs ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    i'm on the ABO train ... anyone besides orlando ... go suns although they are clear underdogs ...

I'm a Celtics fan for sure, but in the West my team has been Phoenix, and Utah for a while now. Since Utah took a flop as usual, I've got a lot of love for the Suns and hope that they can make us all happy and kick the Lakers to the curb.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    I'm rooting for the Suns as well in the west. (overall go C's though) But it makes me wonder what a successful run in the playoffs will do to Amares chances of staying around? I'd like to see him move, but now I don't think he has as much reason to. I like all the hype of the offseason moves and what not.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    loadedgun wrote:
    I'm rooting for the Suns as well in the west. (overall go C's though) But it makes me wonder what a successful run in the playoffs will do to Amares chances of staying around? I'd like to see him move, but now I don't think he has as much reason to. I like all the hype of the offseason moves and what not.

amare is overrated ... his post moves are average at best ... he scores a lot of easy baskets off the pick n roll with nash who executes it to perfection ... both him and bosh are not guys who are gonna win championships on their own without a partner in crime ... i suppose everyone needs a wingman ... but neither bosh or amare are the main guys ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

amare is overrated ... his post moves are average at best ... he scores a lot of easy baskets off the pick n roll with nash who executes it to perfection ... both him and bosh are not guys who are gonna win championships on their own without a partner in crime ... i suppose everyone needs a wingman ... but neither bosh or amare are the main guys ...

Steve Nash could get anyone to score off his pick n' roll. Like you said, he executes it to perfection.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I'm jumping on the Magic bandwagon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Enemies, we are.

yoda.jpg

CELTICS!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    polaris_x wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

I completely agree (but I think Bosh is more overrated than Amare. Hell, I would have looked good playing for the Raptors.)
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    gotta say ... i loved watching vince miss those two free throws at the end of the game especially after he went down like he got shot falling down on his own ... go watch some nash one-eye videos ... ;)
    polaris_x wrote:
    gotta say ... i loved watching vince miss those two free throws at the end of the game especially after he went down like he got shot falling down on his own ... go watch some nash one-eye videos ... ;)

Kinda reminded me of Nick Andersen circa 1995 Finals. Can't hit a free throw when you need it.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    loadedgun wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

I completely agree (but I think Bosh is more overrated than Amare. Hell, I would have looked good playing for the Raptors.)

Finally someone who thinks Bosh is Overrated. I live in Toronto and the way that the media talks about him you would think he has made it past a 1st round. he is a decent player but no where near what people say about him.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Enemies, we are.

yoda.jpg

CELTICS!!

looks like the Magic are sucking...this sucks...maybe we can have the first playoff year where all the teams lose.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:
    Finally someone who thinks Bosh is Overrated. I live in Toronto and the way that the media talks about him you would think he has made it past a 1st round. he is a decent player but no where near what people say about him.

i live in toronto too and if you read the comments on the star ... most people feel that way ... there isn't a huge campaign like there is in cleveland for bosh to stay here ... he's not gonna be the guy to take us to the promise land ...

what we need is a point guard ...