Options

once again, fans without credit cards left with no option....

12346»

Comments

• Options
    This is why everyone should update their "Location" so we can give advice based on your "Location."
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Credit card companies don't fuck over stupid people. Stupid people fuck themselves over.

I suppose the credit companies should provide their service for free.
    their service? Like they're doing us a favour? Nah, just cos it's got to the stage where it's become impossible to even book a flight without a credit card, doesn't mean they're doing us a favour by giving us one of theirs and charging plenty to use it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    It all depends on how you use credit cards. You can legally play the credit card companies as easily as they play other people. People need to know how to budget. My wife an I manipulated 0% cards for 3 years at the beginning of our marriage without paying a cent of interest. They really helped us get through some tight times. You just need to be smart.
    so what are you paying now?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    i have a credit card... and use it a lot.
    but i applaud people who don't use them.

i work at Sears, we're always nagged to push the stupid Sears Card/Sears Mastercard (which is owned by JP Morgan by the way). When people tell me they dont want a credit card and will never have one, i usually just agree with them (yah, i'm like the worst employee there... i practically tell them not to get one hahaha)

i mean like anything there are pros and cons to having one, but if your'e not careful having one can really mess yourself over.

I don't think someone should have to have a credit card... as convenient as it would be to have one these days...
    Nice post :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ambrasjes wrote:
    Debit cards look identical to credit cards (they also have the credit-card style number/exp date) and are used in the same way. The only difference is the $ gets deducted from your bank account right away.
    Debit cards in Europe work the same way, but they have the bank account number on the card and are pin-code protected. They do not have a creditcard-style number with exp date, so they CAN'T be used for online shopping!! This explains a lot of the misunderstandings.

We spoke about this earlier in the thread. I have a debit card in Europe (Ireland), it can be used as Maestro... therefore it DOES have a cc style number and expiry date so can be used for SOME online shopping. It DOESN'T have my bank account number on it... just the sort code.
    ambrasjes wrote:
    People's credit history is very important. It proves you are a solvent person.
    The longer you have the card (use it), the higher the amount gets, the better the card colour gets. You need this history to get loans...
    In Europe you just go to the bank with your bank statements and/or paychecks to get a loan because most 20 year olds don't have a credit history.

I think it's very sad that this is a fact. That people are encouraged to have credit... even if only for the fact that they will need it in order to get a mortgage later. A girl at work and I were talking about this a few weeks ago... when she got her mortgage, she and her husband had HUGE savings and regular savings... they didn't care... 'show me your credit history' :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    okay speaking of fucking credit cards.
    i went to the theatre to see the dark knight tonight, and they're pressing this Scene card (movie points card at Cinaplex theatres in Canada). Basically you can get the points card (which i have), the debit card and the visa card.

I told the guy no over and over, despite him bringing out his clipboard and sayin its okay i'll sign you up right now what's your name... "i dont WANT one though okay?" i kept politely telling him no.

My friend and I got asked at least 3 more times by 3 other people walking around the place.
    LATER the guy sees me again, maybe he didnt recognize me maybe he did.
    but he kept pushing it again.

i kinda lost it and told him i had 2 visa cards already, that i didnt need one more, and that i work for a company that has to push a credit card as well and i know how these things work, and that if he puts my name down and sends it in they do a credit check and its another hit against me. so he goes, how good is your credit? which kinda pissed me off, and i told him, its good, and ill keep it that way. and then he goes, well how many times have you applied for a visa? and finally i just got so frustrated that i couldnt keep calm any more and told him, i applied twice, got accepted twice, i have 2 visas and dont need another god damn one.

but it really pissed me off!
    that really has nothign to do with this thread other than it was about a credit card and i needed to rant :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I love my credit card. Couldn't live without it.

Ya just gotta pay that motherfucker off each month and you'll be good.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    robbutland wrote:
    cc's are not a part of life in the uk. they are an option. not an essential.

you can sign up for anything as long as u have drivers licence, utility bill or a passport.

not everyone wants credit. which is why i think its unfair that debit cards arent accepted.
    EDIT. JUST READ BACK AND MY POST IS POINTLESS
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    okay speaking of fucking credit cards.
    i went to the theatre to see the dark knight tonight, and they're pressing this Scene card (movie points card at Cinaplex theatres in Canada). Basically you can get the points card (which i have), the debit card and the visa card.

I told the guy no over and over, despite him bringing out his clipboard and sayin its okay i'll sign you up right now what's your name... "i dont WANT one though okay?" i kept politely telling him no.

My friend and I got asked at least 3 more times by 3 other people walking around the place.
    LATER the guy sees me again, maybe he didnt recognize me maybe he did.
    but he kept pushing it again.

i kinda lost it and told him i had 2 visa cards already, that i didnt need one more, and that i work for a company that has to push a credit card as well and i know how these things work, and that if he puts my name down and sends it in they do a credit check and its another hit against me. so he goes, how good is your credit? which kinda pissed me off, and i told him, its good, and ill keep it that way. and then he goes, well how many times have you applied for a visa? and finally i just got so frustrated that i couldnt keep calm any more and told him, i applied twice, got accepted twice, i have 2 visas and dont need another god damn one.

but it really pissed me off!
    that really has nothign to do with this thread other than it was about a credit card and i needed to rant :D

uhhh ... please send in a complaint - you can do it online ...

i'm serious - i have a vested interest ... :)
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    robbutland wrote:
    i have a debit card,

however orders can only be completed with visa or mastercard.

not the same thing.

boots are being done by a third party this time so i doubt they will take cash.

If your debit card has a visa or master card logo on it, it can be used like one.
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    their service? Like they're doing us a favour? Nah, just cos it's got to the stage where it's become impossible to even book a flight without a credit card, doesn't mean they're doing us a favour by giving us one of theirs and charging plenty to use it.

I know this might be shocking to people who spend all day in front of a computer, but we are moving to a more paperless society and that includes money. Somebody needs to service these paperless transactions. Thus, the credit card companies provide this service. It might not seem like a traditional service like getting a bus ride or getting waited on at a resturant, but it is still a service. It's not good or bad, its just reality. Just like ticketmaster. Somebody needs to distribute tickets. And they distribute tickets with the most efficiency. I get pissed off at the high fees like everybody else, but its reality.

PS- If you pay off your credit cards immediately, they don't charge you anything.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20