Options

once again, fans without credit cards left with no option....

Comments

• Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Dude shouldn't be forced to get a credit card. That is whats wrong with todays society, we are becomming cashless, and want to charge charge charge. Im all for mailing a check in for purchases.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    yahamita wrote:
    Dude shouldn't be forced to get a credit card. That is whats wrong with todays society, we are becomming cashless, and want to charge charge charge. Im all for mailing a check in for purchases.

Its not as if the fella is being forced to get a credit card in order to buy food/medicine...we are talking about a semi-luxury item!
    :)
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Its not as if the fella is being forced to get a credit card in order to buy food/medicine...we are talking about a semi-luxury item!

I Agree.

and to yahamita. Get used to it, the world changes. Just like we used to go to war it bow and arrows, so what, were people going... ''damn dude, I cant believe we're being forced to change to firearms.'' and im sure all the horse and buggy people were all up in arms, "NO WAY, a carriage with a MOTOR on it... everyone is switching to that and now i pretty much am forced to switch?!"

the world advances... sorry
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:

That should be your right. However be prepared to wait forever as they won't send you the product until they receive and validate the check. That could add another week or 2 on receiving your purchase.

If you are willing to wait that long then companies should be willing to accept other methods of payment other then credit.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    robbutland wrote:
    guess ill be downloading my 2008 bootlegs from free torrents. when/if they appear.

ask your mom and dad.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

besides which, 4 pages in...and people still seem to forget he doesn't HAVE to get one! a DEBIT card will work! just needs the visa or MC logo - problem solved! obviously the OP is not 'opposed' to a debit card....so i just don't see the issue here?

are we all too happy/content with all the great happenings and new developments we have to nit-pick a non-issue? :p *rhetorical question, of course....;)

i find it amusing at best that people are on the INTERNET...want the ease of online ordering and quick shipment, and yet.....'against' using credit/debit cards. besides which, last i checked...a 'check' isn't cash either. impossible to pay online with cash....so check...debit card...credit card....still not cash. you want the ease of online orders? you need to accept non-cash forms of payment. crazy, i know.....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    u can have my card and the $20,000 i owe on it
  • Options
    O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 541
    robbutland wrote:
    guess ill be downloading my 2008 bootlegs from free torrents. when/if they appear.

Get a friggin credit carda or at very least get someone to purchase for you and pay them cash. If cannot do that then i really don't feel for ya.
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    my debit card doesnt work for 10c orders either and its visa...oh well would be convienent but im not worried about it
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    robbutland wrote:
    That's a great excuse. I'm going to use it next time I go to a merch Table that says, 'CASH ONLY'... all I have on me are credit cards... I guess you're leaving me with no other choice... I'm just going to have to steal this t-shirt and poster.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Get a credit card. This is the 21st century. Adapt.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why do so many people equate credit cards with debt?

There is something called self-control. People should be able to curb their spending so that they can pay their creidt card bill each month without incurring any interest charges.

Also, for people who don't believe in credit cards, what would you do if you had some sort of emergency that required a hefty payment to remedy?
    That's where savings come in :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:
    I stopped reading after page 5. This statement makes ME want to scream. Credit is a great thing. The PROBLEM is dumb ass PEOPLE. People who abuse credit or use it incorrectly are the people who get into trouble with it. The same can be said with ANYTHING, cars are great, except for those who use them poorly and get into car accidents and kill people, same for guns etc.

USE CREDIT THE CORRECT WAY AND NOTHING BAD HAPPENS. to all those who use it incorrectly and lose their homes and cars... good for them... stupid people deserve it
    Obviously you DID stop reading... I've much more problems with credit cards other than potential debt.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:
    I Agree.

and to yahamita. Get used to it, the world changes. Just like we used to go to war it bow and arrows, so what, were people going... ''damn dude, I cant believe we're being forced to change to firearms.'' and im sure all the horse and buggy people were all up in arms, "NO WAY, a carriage with a MOTOR on it... everyone is switching to that and now i pretty much am forced to switch?!"

the world advances... sorry
    Ahhh... that's all there is to it eh? Get used to it?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Get a credit card. This is the 21st century. Adapt.
    :confused: Why?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    :confused: Why?

so that you can purchase things from websites... otherwise don't adapt and be unable to do/buy things that require some form of credit card. its a simple simple consumer choice.. if you or anyone else dont want one then thats fine.. but dont fucking moan when tenclub only has that as the payment method... as that is the 21st century way... what else do you want retailers to do? barter with goats?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    so that you can purchase things from websites... otherwise don't adapt and be unable to do/buy things that require some form of credit card. its a simple simple consumer choice.. if you or anyone else dont want one then thats fine.. but dont fucking moan when tenclub only has that as the payment method... as that is the 21st century way... what else do you want retailers to do? barter with goats?
    a simple choice... to be able... or unable :D hahahahaha... I love your reasoning :p

I'll fucking moan if I want :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    a simple choice... to be able... or unable :D hahahahaha... I love your reasoning :p

I'll fucking moan if I want :)

there is nothing more simpler than

Q: I cant buy things from the Tenclub website as i need a credit card

A: well either get one and buy stuff or dont get one and shut up... that is their preferred method of payment (and if anyone had a modicum of sense it should be their preferred method of online payment)

course you can moan Helen... its all you do... but it wont get you anywhere... Tenclub have said the new bootlegs are payable using a credit card... either use one or dont buy them... i cant understand the need to moan about that... its their method of payment... :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    if you go on ebay and you see something you really really want to buy and the guy has said "paypal only"

well either use paypal or dont fucking buy it...

simple simple choice.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    "what else can you do?"

Perhaps refrain from stealing!

The inability to convey a payment for something is not a good defense for stealing!

Just funny that he won't get a credit card because he doesn't want to "spend any money but his own" but then has no problem getting music without paying for it :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    dunkman wrote:

I have just tried to barter with 4 goats, 3 sheep, and a rooster but to no avail........
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    you can buy a pre paid credit card from almost anywhere i.e.gas statoins.drug stores,wall mart. I got one (visa) from wall mart and used it to pay for my 10c memebership and also used it to buy 2008 bootlegs.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    surely you must know someone with a credit card...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    Credit card companies are fucking people over every day and they target lower and middle class citizens as well as college students. Not to mention they make 2 or 3 percent of every dime you spend on there even if you pay your full bill. That's right, when you pay for your lunch at your local, environmentally friendly, mom and pop deli... VISA takes money off the top.

If this guy doesn't want a credit card, good for him. Don't talk shit to him.
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    rtwilli4 wrote:
    Credit card companies are fucking people over every day and they target lower and middle class citizens as well as college students. Not to mention they make 2 or 3 percent of every dime you spend on there even if you pay your full bill. That's right, when you pay for your lunch at your local, environmentally friendly, mom and pop deli... VISA takes money off the top.

If this guy doesn't want a credit card, good for him. Don't talk shit to him.

Credit card companies don't fuck over stupid people. Stupid people fuck themselves over.

I suppose the credit companies should provide their service for free.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    robbutland wrote:
    i know HOW to get a credit card, but at the end of the day PJ has a wide audience. UK fans are limited to how much we can participate just because the people in charge of the store and the boots think every mother on the plant has a fucking credit card.

in some countries the idea of not having a credit card is alien. but in a country where credit is just an easy way into debt, most people stick to debit cards.

Man, I don't have credit card, don't believe in them and don't need it. I've bought a ton of stuff from 10Club with my debit card. It is processed just like a credit card, with exception it comes out of your account. You are also awarded the same fraud protection as "credit" cards.

My debit card has the Visa logo in the bottom right hand corner.
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Credit card companies don't fuck over stupid people. Stupid people fuck themselves over.

I suppose the credit companies should provide their service for free.

Credit card companies are GREAT marketers. They've changed the whole landscape of "buying." Plus, if you use credit instead of cash, you'll pay on average 18% more. That is why they want you to use the "speed pass" that you see in stores. The quicker the transactions, the less you think about it.

Why do you think McDonald's and all the fast food chains take credit/debit now? Their average ticket price is higher for non-cash transactions.

There is a reason why banks/credit cards companies have nicer furniture than us all. :-)
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    huck5 wrote:
    Credit card companies are GREAT marketers. They've changed the whole landscape of "buying." Plus, if you use credit instead of cash, you'll pay on average 18% more. That is why they want you to use the "speed pass" that you see in stores. The quicker the transactions, the less you think about it.

Why do you think McDonald's and all the fast food chains take credit/debit now? Their average ticket price is higher for non-cash transactions.

There is a reason why banks/credit cards companies have nicer furniture than us all. :-)

It all depends on how you use credit cards. You can legally play the credit card companies as easily as they play other people. People need to know how to budget. My wife an I manipulated 0% cards for 3 years at the beginning of our marriage without paying a cent of interest. They really helped us get through some tight times. You just need to be smart.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i have a credit card... and use it a lot.
    but i applaud people who don't use them.

i work at Sears, we're always nagged to push the stupid Sears Card/Sears Mastercard (which is owned by JP Morgan by the way). When people tell me they dont want a credit card and will never have one, i usually just agree with them (yah, i'm like the worst employee there... i practically tell them not to get one hahaha)

i mean like anything there are pros and cons to having one, but if your'e not careful having one can really mess yourself over.

I don't think someone should have to have a credit card... as convenient as it would be to have one these days...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    ambrasjesambrasjes Posts: 124
    I recently got introduced to the American banking system.
    What a shocker!

I'm 31 and I'm now doing something that I saw my dad do for the last time 21 years ago : writing checks!
    This way money is transferred from one person to another.
    Giving out your bank account number is not done, because someone might abuse that information and clean out your account. Still don't know how exactly.

Credit cards are signature protected : swipe and sign. No pin-code chip protection whatsoever.

Debit cards look identical to credit cards (they also have the credit-card style number/exp date) and are used in the same way. The only difference is the $ gets deducted from your bank account right away.
    Debit cards in Europe work the same way, but they have the bank account number on the card and are pin-code protected. They do not have a creditcard-style number with exp date, so they CAN'T be used for online shopping!! This explains a lot of the misunderstandings.

Online banking, it's possible. Online security : username & password. (Jikes)
    I asked for a digipass (security online protection gadget http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digipass ) and my banker looked at me like I came from Mars.

People's credit history is very important. It proves you are a solvent person.
    The longer you have the card (use it), the higher the amount gets, the better the card colour gets. You need this history to get loans...
    In Europe you just go to the bank with your bank statements and/or paychecks to get a loan because most 20 year olds don't have a credit history.

Next, your personal info is sold to other companies.
    Every big company has their own credit card with special discounts!
    Airlines, gasstations, shopping malls, hotel chains, ... they all push their cards on people and once you are in the system they sent you new credit cards in the mail. Pre-approved! Just sign the back and go shopping. There's always a card that works.

Stick with one and use it smartly. Pay the full amount off every month! Interest rates on these cards are hillaryous. They will suck the $ right out off you.

And most important : if you can't afford it, don't buy it! Unless it's PJ stuff! No don't do it.
    Hope this clears some stuff up.
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost