Options

What is proper fence etiquette with your neighbor?

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    while bbqing, ever stagger over to the fence, lean against it and pee on it whilst talking to your wonderful neighbors?

81 is good @ finding historic threads
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    peeing in your own yard is a beautiful thing chad.

my dog and i go out for a piss each night before hitting the ol sack.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

i have a buddy that loves to piss outside....no joke.

he's a bit odd.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

sounds like relief to me
    guess im goin outside... brb

but i don't have a privacy fence :oops:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

i love to piss outside....no joke.

I'm a bit odd.

fixed! :P
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:

we were once headed back home after a cubs game. hopped off the El and as we got by my truck, he started to pee. cop rolls by and is like, tell your buddy to stop doing that. i just shook my head. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

i love to piss outside....no joke.

I'm a bit odd.

fixed! :P

i try to avoid that....

but this one time after a cubs game, we are riding the EL back. I used the trough before leavingn the stadium. of course, once we get on the train, i have to go again. well the train is delayed and we just sit for what seems like forever. we finally get to our transfer station. not a bathroom in sight, but there is no way i'm making it to our stop. so i walk down to the end of the platform and piss off it. i felt bad

good times. :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

he's a bit odd.

sounds like one of my best friends. between college and couple years after graduating he was one of my roomates for about 5 years. dude would literally walk past an unoccupied bathroom to go outside and piss in the bushes....in the front yard. fall over drunk or dead sober. he's a great american.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

we were once headed back home after a cubs game. hopped off the El and as we got by my truck, he started to pee. cop rolls by and is like, tell your buddy to stop doing that. i just shook my head. :lol:
    lucky that was a cool coper.

in chicago do cops pee on stuff like fences and trucks or where the jeagler goes to watch sporting events?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    2 and a half years later... my "this board sucks" thread got locked.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    2 and a half years later... my "this board sucks" thread got locked.

noticed that. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    chadwick wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i was watching this show where this guy was building an addition onto his house and was doing it by himself...so after hand digging the footings, the building inspector came to sign off...upon measuring, he found that the footings were too close to the property line...mind you, the existing, 50 year old house is also too close to the property line but neither the inspector nor the city cared...either he would have had to wait 6+ months to possibly get a variance or re-dig the footings...show ended with the guy digging new footings

moral of the story, make sure your shit is legal before you do it...or do what my parents have always done and not get permits for anything :lol:

excellent point, norm.
    they don't know shit if you don't tell 'em.
    fence/garage permits? not in this lifetime.

just last year i installed a runway for my jets.
    my pilots smuggling stuff from south america gotta land somewhere.
    i told my neighbors to kiss my ass.

"Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    chadwick wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i was watching this show where this guy was building an addition onto his house and was doing it by himself...so after hand digging the footings, the building inspector came to sign off...upon measuring, he found that the footings were too close to the property line...mind you, the existing, 50 year old house is also too close to the property line but neither the inspector nor the city cared...either he would have had to wait 6+ months to possibly get a variance or re-dig the footings...show ended with the guy digging new footings

moral of the story, make sure your shit is legal before you do it...or do what my parents have always done and not get permits for anything :lol:

excellent point, norm.
    they don't know shit if you don't tell 'em.
    fence/garage permits? not in this lifetime.

just last year i installed a runway for my jets.
    my pilots smuggling stuff from south america gotta land somewhere.
    i told my neighbors to kiss my ass.

i think you need a permit here to install a water heater....fuck that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    81 wrote:

he's a bit odd.

years ago, I lived in the wilds of colorado. one day, a buddy and I had gone to denver to do some shopping. we were both pissing in a parking garage and my buddy looks at me and says, "man, we've turned into animals." yes, we had. when I moved back to civilization, it took a few years to realize the world wasn't one big urinal :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    so the neighbors keep their trash can up against the fence...right next to the paver patio where my grill sits......fucking stinks after a few days with their little dog turds in there. :x :thumbdown:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    so the neighbors keep their trash can up against the fence...right next to the paver patio where my grill sits......fucking stinks after a few days with their little dog turds in there. :x :thumbdown:
    :|
  • Options

still waiting on my neighbor to replace his rotted fence.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:

31Rkp99IC4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    81 wrote:

a good kick would knock it over.

they had flags in the yard the other week marking underground shit. thought they were doing it, but all i've seen is a few boards replaced on teh back wall of the fence
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

a good kick would knock it over.

they had flags in the yard the other week marking underground shit. thought they were doing it, but all i've seen is a few boards replaced on teh back wall of the fence

so what are we talking here? split rail? five rail? solid dog ear? spaced dog ear? convex shadow box? straight shadow box? cedar, i'm assuming?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    white picket without the white. :lol:

bout three feet high, 4 inch rails with 4 inchs or so between rails....from memory
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

bout three feet high, 4 inch rails with 4 inchs or so between rails....from memory

3 feet high? what's the point? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

it's weird. my fence is the normal 5-5.5ft. the rest of his fence is that as well. only the fence between our yards is 3ft.

neither of us hang out back much so not a big deal. however, with the old neighbors over there, the old lady (45-50 and long past her prime) woudl sun bathe a few times each summer. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

last big windstorm here loosened 4 posts in the fence...so the fence would lean on our side, we pushed it to their side...they took down the slats, so I went out to say, 'hey, we can help you pay for half the fence, just let us know'.

They replaced the fence and never came over...it's all good, we have the 'ugly side' of the fence anyway.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

last big windstorm here loosened 4 posts in the fence...so the fence would lean on our side, we pushed it to their side...they took down the slats, so I went out to say, 'hey, we can help you pay for half the fence, just let us know'.

They replaced the fence and never came over...it's all good, we have the 'ugly side' of the fence anyway.

it's his fence, he can pay for it if he wants to replace it.

if i'm getting involved, i'd just build a fence on my side of the line. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    yeah, I don't think I really have anything (positive) to contribute to this thread
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    yeah, I don't think I really have anything (positive) to contribute to this thread

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

:ugeek:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

it's weird. my fence is the normal 5-5.5ft. the rest of his fence is that as well. only the fence between our yards is 3ft.

neither of us hang out back much so not a big deal. however, with the old neighbors over there, the old lady (45-50 and long past her prime) woudl sun bathe a few times each summer. :?

that would bug me...you spend time grilling out there, though, right?

could you just finish that side with your own fencing--to match the rest of your yard?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

whats your beef guy?
    chinese-happy.jpg