Summer grilling!!! I love it!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm not sure i understand this clean the grill stuff?

i just heat up the charcoal with the grill on to burn the crap off. of course, i give it a quick scrape with the wire brush as well before cooking?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

i just heat up the charcoal with the grill on to burn the crap off. of course, i give it a quick scrape with the wire brush as well before cooking?

That's all I do too. I think some of the burnt stuff on the grill adds to the flavor of the meat.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:

We have a gas grill. I just want to give it a quick clean. I don't use it in the winter.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

We have a gas grill. I just want to give it a quick clean. I don't use it in the winter.

i do the same process for the gas. get it hot and give it a scape.

and clean out the charred wasp nest
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i do the same process for the gas. get it hot and give it a scape.

and clean out the charred wasp nest
    I'm sure we have some of those in there that will be gone very soon.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    i think it's turkey burgers tonight.....just don't over coke them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

nothing better than turkey burgers on cocaine!
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

nothing better than turkey burgers on cocaine!
    :lol: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    so whatcha 'yall grillin' this weekend?! 8-)
    bison burgers tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    bison burgers tonight.

I've had a buffalo burger before and found the meat to be tough. Is bison any better?
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    bison burgers tonight.

I've had a buffalo burger before and found the meat to be tough. Is bison any better?

was it water buffalo?

anyways, bison is a lean meat so you wanna make sure you don't over cook it. not as much fat to make it more tender. pretty hard to fuck tho. good stuff.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    bison burgers tonight.

was it water buffalo?

anyways, bison is a lean meat so you wanna make sure you don't over cook it. not as much fat to make it more tender. pretty hard to fuck tho. good stuff.

I don't know what it was. It was from this joint in Saratoga. I've actually tried it twice and was a little disappointed both times. Had to smother that fucker in ketchup and mustard. :lol:

http://www.partingglasspub.com/
    DS1119 wrote:
    I don't know what it was. It was from this joint in Saratoga. I've actually tried it twice and was a little disappointed both times. Had to smother that fucker in ketchup and mustard. :lol:

pretty sure that was bison.

if you prepare it right and cook it correctly, it's an excellent alternative to a hamburger.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

pretty sure that was bison.

if you prepare it right and cook it correctly, it's an excellent alternative to a hamburger.

Said Buffalo but I don't know. Check out the beer menu at that joint though. Pretty good. :lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I love grilling! I do it all year round, dead of winter too, usually a couple times a week (nice to have a covered balcony). My grill is only about 5 years old, and looks like it's 20 at least. Time for a new one soon! I just cooked my first prime rib roast on the grill last week (usually have used the oven), and it was by far the best roast I've ever made; I will never use the oven for a roast again!

Also great: marinade veggies (broccoli, red peppers, asparagus, zucchini) in plain Italian salad dressing for half an hour to an hour (just enough to coat everything lightly in a ziploc), grill to taste, and then sprinkle with Parmesan. It's surprisingly good, and it beats any other veggie marinade I've used for flavor if you use the Parmesan cheese.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    going back for a strip steak on sunday.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I enjoy grilling in the rain. Listening to the grill cover sizzling from the rain drops and all the smoke and mist. 8-)
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    DS1119 wrote:
    I enjoy grilling in the rain. Listening to the grill cover sizzling from the rain drops and all the smoke and mist. 8-)

+1 :thumbup: :clap:
    aqo2t.jpg
    Beer can chicken today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Jamaican Salsa Halibut...

And Hoison infused Pork Chops...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    just some brats and burgers b4 i head to work.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    2 racks of ribs and dozens of steak tips. Memorial Day is ON.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Burgers and Hebrew Nationals.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Steaks & Shrimp Skewers tonight!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Venison speidies tonight. Fuck yeah
    Jamaican Salsa Halibut... .

That sounds tasty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Strip Steaks
    Corn on the Cob
    Baked Potato

Simple and Delicious
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Strip Steaks
    Corn on the Cob
    Baked Potato

Simple and Delicious

That's about as good as it gets right there.
    my brother made his ribs yesterday...his ribs are the best fucking ribs i've ever had

today i through a few brats on the grill

back to the hammock! :wave: