ever just know

Comments

• LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Lauri wrote:

I didn't put you down as I said I was pointing out the obvious.

All of your threads have the same theme. Oh the topic may vary but the theme is always the same! Well you have never taken any of the suggestions from any of the other board members over the years so I doubt you will start now.

Take care!

Whatever, miss perfect. I'm sure whatever you write is literary genius. I mean you write stuff like "stop and smell the roses" so it must be.

I am far from perfect and I realize when someone says something you disagree with that you like to put them down to remind your self that you are indeed intellectually superior to them :roll:.

Stuff that I do actually write, I don't share on here. You seriously need to get a sense of humour. Which I kind of figured you did have already as you start the same thread over and over again where people blatantly make fun of you yet you keep coming back for more.

I haven't read anyone making fun of me. I only read you giving me shit for being stressed out. It's real mature of you to just keep insulting someone who's under a lot of stress. Grown ups have responsibilities that can sometimes make us stressed out and anxious. You'll learn that when, if ever, you become one.
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    We can agree to disagree :)

Now there is a cliche for you ;)

btw not to be picky but I did say flowers and not roses...I will admit if I had said roses that would have been a bit too much of a cliche, but seriously when I walk through gardens or get some lovely flowers I can't help but smile a little :) I know that isn't the kind of simpleton thinking you are looking for but hey this is a Pearl Jam message board not Stephen Hawking's :)
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    dy-indiana-wildflowers500.jpg
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,471
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    dy-indiana-wildflowers500.jpg

Ahhh pretty!!

Do you like my shoes? :lol:
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    norm wrote:

Best POST ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Lauri wrote:
    that you need a vacation? I've been feeling it for a while, but the past few weeks have been especially rough- it's been really hard to focus. I dunno what the purpose of this post is, just airing grievances I guess. There's no way I can take a vacation.

yes.. and im on a short one right now. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    aaaah, and once again all is perfect with the world..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    aaaah, and once again all is perfect with the world..

Indeed.

Green tea anyone? ;)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Just to hijack the thread. I do not find that vacations really serve as good stress relievers. You (I) end up working more before I leave and more after I get back and then you add into it the stress of planning the vacation, traveling, spending money, etc. and it just doesn't do anything to relax me.

I'm not saying I don't like to take them, but I don't look at them as something I need in terms of an escape from a hectic life. I look at them as something I do because I want to go some where or do something different.

I do think that as a society, we generally take too many of them anyway. It seems like everyone I know - except me - goes off on about 2 of them a year.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    know1 wrote:
    Just to hijack the thread. I do not find that vacations really serve as good stress relievers. You (I) end up working more before I leave and more after I get back and then you add into it the stress of planning the vacation, traveling, spending money, etc. and it just doesn't do anything to relax me.

I'm not saying I don't like to take them, but I don't look at them as something I need in terms of an escape from a hectic life. I look at them as something I do because I want to go some where or do something different.

I do think that as a society, we generally take too many of them anyway. It seems like everyone I know - except me - goes off on about 2 of them a year.

haha I don't think that's a hijack, I think it's exactly on topic and an interesting point to make. I honestly have tended to agree with you in past. My ideal vacation would include at least a couple days at home on either end just to regroup and organize. I think one of the main reasons I am looking for a vacation for stress relief is the change of scenery and something to look forward- basically a break in the work. Like when you are in school, you have that motivation like, "when I just finish these finals, I can relax for two weeks" type thing. I think a major thing that's bothering me is I don't have any relief like that on the horizon. I just look to the next several years as day-in, day-out with nothing significant to differentiate the time. The past three years have all really blended together for me as just going to work and being stressed. I haven't even really produced many major memories in that time. So I really just feel like it would be a relief for me to have something to look forward to or work towards as well as just being somewhere for a week or two that is not my apartment or my office, and honestly I'd like to do a trip that involves a lot of biking or hiking or something so that I can get a break from the gym. Right now it just seems to be the whole routine that bothering me. I'm having major issues going to bed at night because it's like why bother? It's really hard to explain but I'm just like losing track of my life because it's all flowing together into one long work day or something. I'm having trouble working because I'm just like what's the point, I'm just going to be here tomorrow anyway.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Lauri wrote:
    Have booked in with friends to go back to Bargara for a week of camping in september....ahhhhh can't wait. Perfectly beautiful. And I get to try out my camper trailer! :D

09$20Bargara$20Beach.jpg

thanks. hearing about other people's beautiful vacations really helps in a situation like this.

Geez no need for sarcasm huh?? :roll:
    You know we all have things to deal with and how we deal is different from one person to the next. Sometimes a change of scenery is very helpful.
    Lauri wrote:
    Have booked in with friends to go back to Bargara for a week of camping in september....ahhhhh can't wait. Perfectly beautiful. And I get to try out my camper trailer! :D

09$20Bargara$20Beach.jpg

thanks. hearing about other people's beautiful vacations really helps in a situation like this.

Geez no need for sarcasm huh?? :roll:
    You know we all have things to deal with and how we deal is different from one person to the next. Sometimes a change of scenery is very helpful.
    So true! I love a change of scenery...or even the same scenery, but a change in mindset and attitude :)

I think it's really all about balance. It's hard to balance all our priorities...but so important! If it starts to get too heavily weighted on one side...I can really start to feel it and the result is not pretty! The balance changes depending on where I am in my life at any given point in time...there are times it will need to be more heavily weighted on work...other times more on family...and sometimes just on myself! The important thing is to sense that and make adjustments as needed...and we're really the only ones that can sense this and make adjustments to our own lives. Others can make suggestions and give feedback, but it's up to us to figure out what is right and then DO it. And so important to enjoy your life as much as you can in the given moment...or life passes by and you realize you've been miserable the whole time. It helps to have something to look forward to, but overall it makes much more sense to live in the present tense ;)

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    So true! I love a change of scenery...or even the same scenery, but a change in mindset and attitude :)

I think it's really all about balance. It's hard to balance all our priorities...but so important! If it starts to get too heavily weighted on one side...I can really start to feel it and the result is not pretty! The balance changes depending on where I am in my life at any given point in time...there are times it will need to be more heavily weighted on work...other times more on family...and sometimes just on myself! The important thing is to sense that and make adjustments as needed...and we're really the only ones that can sense this and make adjustments to our own lives. Others can make suggestions and give feedback, but it's up to us to figure out what is right and then DO it. And so important to enjoy your life as much as you can in the given moment...or life passes by and you realize you've been miserable the whole time. It helps to have something to look forward to, but overall it makes much more sense to live in the present tense ;)
    Amen on all of that.

There will always be stress in life, some beyond one's control. It's a matter of how you handle it, your state of mind. A big vacation isn't going to solve everything, but you have to decide what you want to do, and like she said, DO it. Life is too damn short.
    It helps to have something to look forward to, but overall it makes much more sense to live in the present tense ;)

I keep reminding myself of that, all the time!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    would you people stop being so damned positive!! :twisted:
    norm wrote:
    Sorry! :( I'm just gonna go back to hating life now... :|

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:

Yeah, this is what we have Pandora for...
    norm wrote:

Yeah, this is what we have Pandora for...
    Well that and cute little puppy pics :lol:

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    know1 wrote:

I disagree...

Yes, the couple days before you go and the day you get back at work are a bit of a mess, but the vacation makes it worthwhile... My favorite thing about a vacation is that I don't have to be anywhere at a specific time, and that is relaxing in itself.

I don't think we as a society take enough vacations... I think we need more balance in life than the usual 40+ hour workweek that most of us have. In the summer at my work, we go to 4 day work weeks... It seems like just having that 3 day weekend makes people more productive and pleasant to be around.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

I don't really think I have a lack of balance because there's not that much to balance between. Don't get me wrong, I take every opportunity to socialize or see my family and whatnot, but I'm not really sure what you mean by "adjustments." I think taking a vacation is the sort of "adjustment" you're talking about here right? I just don't know what do when a adjustment like that isn't possible. All winter I went through this phase of trying "diversifying" my week so I had something to do and think about other work and gym, so I was researching all these activities, and I couldn't afford any of them! It just seems like a lot of "adjustments" cost money, at least the kind I think I need cuz as I said I see my family and friends often enough anyway. I guess I don't think my stress comes from a balance in my priorities, I guess it comes from only having one that can be a priorty (work).
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Lauri wrote:
    I don't really think I have a lack of balance because there's not that much to balance between. Don't get me wrong, I take every opportunity to socialize or see my family and whatnot, but I'm not really sure what you mean by "adjustments." I think taking a vacation is the sort of "adjustment" you're talking about here right? I just don't know what do when a adjustment like that isn't possible. All winter I went through this phase of trying "diversifying" my week so I had something to do and think about other work and gym, so I was researching all these activities, and I couldn't afford any of them! It just seems like a lot of "adjustments" cost money, at least the kind I think I need cuz as I said I see my family and friends often enough anyway. I guess I don't think my stress comes from a balance in my priorities, I guess it comes from only having one that can be a priorty (work).
    You have to assign priority to things other than work though. If that is your only priority, then there *is* an imbalance. One works to live, not lives to work.

A vacation helps to equalize things some, but from what I recall seeing in this thread, you shot down every suggestion. So dunno what to say about that. An adjustment in how you portion out your time in general, beyond a trip, might be more in order. Good luck, hope you can strike a balance somehow so you can be happy :)
    Lauri wrote:

I was really talking about balance being important for me. I have no idea if your life is balanced or not because I don't know you! I just know there have been times when my balance has been out of whack..and it's not pretty. As for the adjustments...well those are really individual. So are priorities..and as I've said, they can change from moment to moment. What works for me may be totally different than what you need. It's one of those things you have to figure out for yourself. I'm sorry I don't have answers for your particular situation...but like I said...it's one of those things we have to figure out for ourselves and then DO it.

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    memories, I have to work hard before I go away and play catch up on return but in between are far out memories made, even on a staycation ,and that's what life is all about, making beautiful memories :D
    well that and loving and of course being a positive force :mrgreen::lol:
    image-23.jpg
    You have to assign priority to things other than work though. If that is your only priority, then there *is* an imbalance. One works to live, not lives to work.

A vacation helps to equalize things some, but from what I recall seeing in this thread, you shot down every suggestion. So dunno what to say about that. An adjustment in how you portion out your time in general, beyond a trip, might be more in order. Good luck, hope you can strike a balance somehow so you can be happy :)

what can one assign priority to other than work, family, and friends?
    what suggestions have people made other than camping? I just don't like camping very much, especially without friends. Is that a crime?
    It's not possible for me to alot time to anything that costs something on a regular basis. Sure I somehow make it happen if Pearl Jam or another band I like is coming to town or something, but anything that is a reoccurring expense like classes or something isn't possible. From what I have to work with, I portion out my time pretty well. I don't think I really have an imbalance there.
    I was really talking about balance being important for me. I have no idea if your life is balanced or not because I don't know you! I just know there have been times when my balance has been out of whack..and it's not pretty. As for the adjustments...well those are really individual. So are priorities..and as I've said, they can change from moment to moment. What works for me may be totally different than what you need. It's one of those things you have to figure out for yourself. I'm sorry I don't have answers for your particular situation...but like I said...it's one of those things we have to figure out for ourselves and then DO it.

ok sorry, I was just trying to get a better idea of what you were talking about. thanks for the clarification.

I'm actually thinking seriously about getting a second job part time in the fall. I'm not sure what or if it's allowed at my full time job. It will suck, I'm sure, but it seems like the only way to improve my life in the future.