ever just know

Comments

• Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I'm taking mine starting next Wednesday at noon. Gonna hit memphis for a couple of days starting Thursday and then sit on my sorry ass and do whatever the hell I please (or don't) until the following Thursday, which will most likely involve way too much alcohol
    It can't get here fast enough
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm taking mine starting next Wednesday at noon. Gonna hit memphis for a couple of days starting Thursday and then sit on my sorry ass and do whatever the hell I please (or don't) until the following Thursday, which will most likely involve way too much alcohol
    Have a great time in Memphis you know I'm envious what an awesome town! Safe travels :D
    pandora wrote:
    Have a great time in Memphis you know I'm envious what an awesome town! Safe travels :D
    Thanks a bunch! I know we will! Wish you guys were going to be there.
    Last time we went in March though I got a ticket so hopefully there won't be a repeat of that. (I did get out of it though)
    She's a bit worried the other folks on the trip will kind of ruin the fun but I don't think so...hope she doesn't let that happen anyway

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    pandora wrote:
    Last time we went in March though I got a ticket so hopefully there won't be a repeat of that. (I did get out of it though)
    She's a bit worried the other folks on the trip will kind of ruin the fun but I don't think so...hope she doesn't let that happen anyway
    Sneak away a bit, just the 2 of you, that might the answer to her concern and something she would really like :D I'll be thinking of you!
    pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Sneak away a bit, just the 2 of you, that might the answer to her concern and something she would really like :D I'll be thinking of you!
    I think it will be fine....we're gonna leave that morning and they won't be coming until later that afternoon plus I figure they will peel off/go to bed not long after the show too. Her mom can be a bit of a problem from time to time so I don't blame her for worrying a bit. We'll have a blast as we always do

I think it will be fine....we're gonna leave that morning and they won't be coming until later that afternoon plus I figure they will peel off/go to bed not long after the show too. Her mom can be a bit of a problem from time to time so I don't blame her for worrying a bit. We'll have a blast as we always do
    Coming from a Mom, we either have too much fun or not enough! I hope its just perfect for everyone :D
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:
    learn to camp ... best and cheapest vacations you can ever take ...

hell yes! :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dcfaithful wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    learn to camp ... best and cheapest vacations you can ever take ...

hell yes! :D

ask speedy about this :lol:

the sun got him

hehehehehehe
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    pandora wrote:

Really? I went to Memphis once and the only advice I got was, "try not to get murdered."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    pandora wrote:

Really? I went to Memphis once and the only advice I got was, "try not to get murdered."

yeah but you were wearing a 'Elvis sucks' t-shirt so the advice was warranted
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:
    pandora wrote:

yeah but you were wearing a 'Elvis sucks' t-shirt so the advice was warranted

Oh crap, that has to be it. I thought that cat was from Jersey....
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    things are getting much worse. I'm burned out, stressed, exhausted. I can't take any time off for several weeks anyway, because I'm doing a project completely by myself, but I need something to look forward to. I just don't know what to do, my work is really suffering and my health is starting to be affected.

Re: camping. I have been camping a lot in my life, and I love hiking, but I don't really like camping at all! I don't know exactly why, but I just can't sleep when I camp. I break out chills even if it's hot out, like I get sweaty and then get chills. When you camp alone, what do you do once it gets dark? You can't even read and there's no one to talk to. It sounds like it gets kind lonely and boring. It doesn't sound good to me. And camping gear is so expensive.. I've gotten by on borrowing it to this point, but I don't anyone in my current area who would have all the stuff.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I've been ridiculously burned out. So I gave myself a mental vacation for the past 2 weeks. Only did what was absolutely required and mentally checked out. Felt guilty at first, but then I figure I kill myself most of the year, so I deserve it. Didn't go anywhere...still went to work...but needed that mental break. I'm slowly starting to recharge...but can't say I'm totally motivated yet :lol: Going to go away for a weekend getaway in a couple weeks and actually see my husband. I'm starting to forget what he looks like :?
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Have booked in with friends to go back to Bargara for a week of camping in september....ahhhhh can't wait. Perfectly beautiful. And I get to try out my camper trailer! :D

09$20Bargara$20Beach.jpg
    I've been ridiculously burned out. So I gave myself a mental vacation for the past 2 weeks. Only did what was absolutely required and mentally checked out. Felt guilty at first, but then I figure I kill myself most of the year, so I deserve it. Didn't go anywhere...still went to work...but needed that mental break. I'm slowly starting to recharge...but can't say I'm totally motivated yet :lol: Going to go away for a weekend getaway in a couple weeks and actually see my husband. I'm starting to forget what he looks like :?

I'm running and doing an entire project by myself, I can't not think. In fact, it's my inability to think straight with this burn out that is stressing me out and making things worse. I need a break from all the stuff too- I need a change of scenery from my apartment, housework, etc. I keep just starting to cry at weird times because I just feel like there's nothing on the horizon.
    Have booked in with friends to go back to Bargara for a week of camping in september....ahhhhh can't wait. Perfectly beautiful. And I get to try out my camper trailer! :D

09$20Bargara$20Beach.jpg

thanks. hearing about other people's beautiful vacations really helps in a situation like this.
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691

09$20Bargara$20Beach.jpg

That looks awesome!!!!! :D Enjoy!
    Lauri wrote:

I'm running and doing an entire project by myself, I can't not think. In fact, it's my inability to think straight with this burn out that is stressing me out and making things worse. I need a break from all the stuff too- I need a change of scenery from my apartment, housework, etc. I keep just starting to cry at weird times because I just feel like there's nothing on the horizon.
    I'm in charge of a huge project too. Fortunately I can still get buy with just half my brain invested ;) I resisted checking out...which made it worse. Once I did it, it helped a lot. Kind of counterintuitive, but was just what I needed. Hope you find the change you need.

09$20Bargara$20Beach.jpg
    Ahhhh gorgeous :) Just closed my eyes and took a mental vacation there for a few minutes. Worked wonders! Enjoy!

Lauri wrote:

I'm in charge of a huge project too. Fortunately I can still get buy with just half my brain invested ;) I resisted checking out...which made it worse. Once I did it, it helped a lot. Kind of counterintuitive, but was just what I needed. Hope you find the change you need.

I just can't risk my job by purposely checking out. I need to really prove myself on this thing. It's been bad enough working with half a brain as it is. Actually today I sat down at our lunch meeting and my boss could tell I wasn't feeling well- I have dark circles under my eyes for the first time ever. He asked what was wrong and I said I can't sleep, so he asked why. I said I was just generally stressed and stuff. That was the extent, and all I could bring myself to say, but I wanted to tell someone so bad! I just wish I could talk to someone about this, but my parents have basically never taking vacation in their lives and think not wanting to work is laziness and a good way to get fired. None of my friends would understand at all.
    Lauri wrote:

I just can't risk my job by purposely checking out. I need to really prove myself on this thing. It's been bad enough working with half a brain as it is. Actually today I sat down at our lunch meeting and my boss could tell I wasn't feeling well- I have dark circles under my eyes for the first time ever. He asked what was wrong and I said I can't sleep, so he asked why. I said I was just generally stressed and stuff. That was the extent, and all I could bring myself to say, but I wanted to tell someone so bad! I just wish I could talk to someone about this, but my parents have basically never taking vacation in their lives and think not wanting to work is laziness and a good way to get fired. None of my friends would understand at all.
    Sounds like a tough situation. Hopefully you can find a solution that will work for you.

Lauri wrote:

Sounds like a tough situation. Hopefully you can find a solution that will work for you.

well don't get me wrong, I realize it's not the end of the world, and I don't want to whine. But the more I realize it's an actual problem the more I just want to talk about it.
    Lauri wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

well don't get me wrong, I realize it's not the end of the world, and I don't want to whine. But the more I realize it's an actual problem the more I just want to talk about it.
    Sometimes just talking it through and venting can help you find a way out. It's good to keep it in perspective...but yeah...feeling stuck in a situation sometimes just SUCKS. I think you'll find a way through it...may just feel bumpy for a while.

Lauri wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

YOU
    don't want to whine???? OMG that may be the funniest thing I've ever read on the pit!!! :lol:

Seriously thank you!!
    YOU[/b] don't want to whine???? OMG that may be the funniest thing I've ever read on the pit!!! :lol:

Seriously thank you!!

wtf. who the hell are you? do you get off insulting random people? is everything you write perfect?
    Lauri wrote:
    YOU[/b] don't want to whine???? OMG that may be the funniest thing I've ever read on the pit!!! :lol:

Seriously thank you!!

wtf. who the hell are you? do you get off insulting random people? is everything you write perfect?

I am small town beck :D

I wasn't insulting I was just pointing out the obvious. (and no I have better ways off getting off :) ) No not everything I write is perfect...far from it. However, I don't start the same threads over and over again and then shoot down everyone's advice as though they are the most idiotic things I have ever heard. Stop and smell the flowers and look up at the sun and hopefully that will make your outlook a little brighter. Seriously.

take care,

stb
    I wasn't insulting I was just pointing out the obvious. (and no I have better ways off getting off :) ) No not everything I write is perfect...far from it. However, I don't start the same threads over and over again and then shoot down everyone's advice as though they are the most idiotic things I have ever heard. Stop and smell the flowers and look up at the sun and hopefully that will make your outlook a little brighter. Seriously.

take care,

stb

Um, I started this thread back in March, I just bumped it back up now because the situation has not changed. I'm not posting the same threads over and over.

And would you care to elaborate on what you mean by stopping to smell roses and flowers and looking up the sun? After putting me down like that, if you have an actual suggestion by all means suggest it, but a metaphorical cliche is not a suggestion.
    Lauri wrote:

take care,

stb

Um, I started this thread back in March, I just bumped it back up now because the situation has not changed. I'm not posting the same threads over and over.

And would you care to elaborate on what you mean by stopping to smell roses and flowers and looking up the sun? After putting me down like that, if you have an actual suggestion by all means suggest it, but a verbal cliche is not a suggestion.

I didn't put you down as I said I was pointing out the obvious.

All of your threads have the same theme. Oh the topic may vary but the theme is always the same! Well you have never taken any of the suggestions from any of the other board members over the years so I doubt you will start now.

Take care!

All of your threads have the same theme. Oh the topic may vary but the theme is always the same! Well you have never taken any of the suggestions from any of the other board members over the years so I doubt you will start now.

Take care!

Whatever, miss perfect. I'm sure whatever you write is literary genius. I mean you write stuff like "stop and smell the roses" so it must be.
    Lauri wrote:

Take care!

Whatever, miss perfect. I'm sure whatever you write is literary genius. I mean you write stuff like "stop and smell the roses" so it must be.

I am far from perfect and I realize when someone says something you disagree with that you like to put them down to remind your self that you are indeed intellectually superior to them :roll:.

Stuff that I do actually write, I don't share on here. You seriously need to get a sense of humour. Which I kind of figured you did have already as you start the same thread over and over again where people blatantly make fun of you yet you keep coming back for more.