ITT: Ask FirstExit Anything

Comments

• FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    eyedclaar wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Well, you aren't much of an answer guru, are you? The parenthetical aside follows the word "retarded" which is really the only word in the sentence folks might object to. I shouldn't have to explain things to the all knowing...

Yes, I am an answer guru.

Everything after that is not a question.

You already left me hanging on a question. Like I'd trust you with another one. :lol:

I didn't leave you hanging, I asked you to elaborate on what you meant by "criminally retarded".
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    FirstExit wrote:
    Ask me anything. All questions will be answered regardless of content. GO!

Name a question you cannot answer.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    FirstExit wrote:
    I didn't leave you hanging, I asked you to elaborate on what you meant by "criminally retarded".

Well, when I hear those words, my brain produces an image of George Bush. Does that help any?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    CJMST3K wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Ask me anything. All questions will be answered regardless of content. GO!

For the Simpsons' fan:

Can God make a burrito so big that even he cannot eat it? Bear in mind, God can do anything...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:

Well, when I hear those words, my brain produces an image of George Bush. Does that help any?

Yeah, I would just call that psycho. And to answer your original question - no, I do not think "most" Americans are like that. George Bush was a special case. I really, really, really special.......case.
    CJMST3K wrote:

I can't answer any questions regarding the personal lives of others on this forum (with the exceptions being DirtyFrank38 and Drop The Leash 10, who are both incredibly gay for each other), I can only make rationalizations, generalizations, predictions, and assumptions.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    FirstExit wrote:
    when will pearl jam play toad's place? 8-)

The Rolling Stones played an unannounced gig there when they began the Bridges to Babylon tour. My mom was there, but I couldn't go because it was 18+ and I was like 9 :x :x :x :x :x. That being said, I wouldn't totally 100% rule it out.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Why did Dave A rock so awesomely with PJ? 8-)

The man was skilled ass mawfuckin drummer.

regarding the stones' gig at toad's...it was 1989 Steel Wheels Tour...and the question on the table is "Who was with Ron Wood in the back alley?"
    I love to turn you on
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter-side-down, what would happen if you strapped a piece of toast to a cat's back?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    loadedgun wrote:
    If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter-side-down, what would happen if you strapped a piece of toast to a cat's back?

The Cat would die.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Q 1. In Buddhism they say that nothing is still something. So what do they mean in Zen Buddhism when they say," act as though you have been given NOTHING at all?"

Q 2. Just because Jane Roberts is dead, how come we don't hear anything from Seth any more?
    Jo wrote:
    Q 1. In Buddhism they say that nothing is still something. So what do they mean in Zen Buddhism when they say," act as though you have been given NOTHING at all?"

Q 2. Just because Jane Roberts is dead, how come we don't hear anything from Seth any more?

Well I'd probably interpret that with the thought that someone who has nothing to lose is capable of anything. Trust me, I know the feeling; when you've gotten literally nothing to lose you'll be tempted to do some fucked up stuff. I'd imagine if you can harness the energy to take that crazy feeling and turn it into doing good for yourself or others, that'd be pretty damn powerful. I don't know a town about Zen Buddhism, but that's how I interpreted it from your post.

New Age philosophy and psychology aren't really my things. I'd assume we don't hear from Seth because Jane was, I believe, the only person who could channel him.

All the Seth papers and recordings are at Yale. I have access to the library. Some day many years from now I'd love to read them (but I probly won't lol).
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Can you find me a good man? :oops:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    What should I get my husband for his birthday next month?
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    If I direct-dream about having carnal relations with a person not my spouse, does that mean that I am unfaithful?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'm having 2 toenails off next week, how long before it will heal?

Will I ever end the month not overdrawn?

Does having your nipple pierced really not hurt?

Will Eddie ever take me on stage and serenade me?

Will I ever weigh the same as I did 20 years ago?

When will I win the lottery?

Should I get a tattoo even though my hubby is dead against it?

Is Elvis really still alive?

Why in the film 'The Road' did 2 of the characters have stumpy thumbs?

I'm convinced I got pregnant because I went on an upside down ride following sex - is that how I got pregnant?

Where have all the missing socks in my house gone?

I could go on forever .........
    Can you find me a good man? :oops:

How old are you? Post pictures.
    Enkidu wrote:
    What should I get my husband for his birthday next month?

If he likes beer, get him a beer making kit. My mom didn't know what to get my dad this past Christmas, I gave her that idea, and he absolutely loved it.
    If I direct-dream about having carnal relations with a person not my spouse, does that mean that I am unfaithful?

No.
    Claireack wrote:
    I'm having 2 toenails off next week, how long before it will heal?

Will I ever end the month not overdrawn?

Will Eddie ever take me on stage and serenade me?

Will I ever weigh the same as I did 20 years ago?

When will I win the lottery?

Should I get a tattoo even though my hubby is dead against it?

Is Elvis really still alive?

Why in the film 'The Road' did 2 of the characters have stumpy thumbs?

I'm convinced I got pregnant because I went on an upside down ride following sex - is that how I got pregnant?

Where have all the missing socks in my house gone?

I could go on forever .........

-Toenails can take a while, but it all depends on the situation. Anywhere between 6-12 months I think.
    -Probably not. It helps to know exactly how much money is in the bank to a tee.
    -That can't be true. One of my (male) friends got one and he said it hurt but it wasn't as bad as his tongue. As far as females go....
    -I bet if you held a sign and sat in the front it's possible. Remember Pittsburgh 2000?
    -You can if you try. I lost 100lbs in a year, and all I REALLY had was determination.
    -Don't play the lottery.
    -I'm gonna go with your hubby on this one, because I don't really think tattoos are anything special. I sort of have a fear that if I get one, I'm gonna regret it down the line.
    -No
    -Read the book. It's made clear. It was more than 2 characters as well.
    -No
    -Losing socks is one of the evils of doing laundry. You're better off just accepting it.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Ooh ooh I can answer this one....it doesn't hurt.....but my belly piercing hurt like a bastard. oh to be back that trim bod from days long ago
    Claireack wrote:

Anyway..sensei, I have questions of my own.....

What the hell has been fed to my dog to make him fart so much and with such splendiforous odour?

Is there a cure for farting dogs?
    Ooh ooh I can answer this one....it doesn't hurt.....but my belly piercing hurt like a bastard. oh to be back that trim bod from days long ago
    Claireack wrote:

Anyway..sensei, I have questions of my own.....

What the hell has been fed to my dog to make him fart so much and with such splendiforous odour?

Is there a cure for farting dogs?

You can go to your vet to get pills for that. Or, if you don't want to pay for a vet visit, your local pet shop may have digestive meds. Also, make sure you avoid giving your dog food from the table, and make sure it's getting a fair amount of exercise.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Will you catch me if I fall?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Who would win in a game of musical statues between Michael J Fox and Muhammed Ali?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Will you catch me if I fall?

Maybe.
    dunkman wrote:
    Who would win in a game of musical statues between Michael J Fox and Muhammed Ali?

Muhammed Ali can still kick some ass I bet.
    I was a little bit vague on my first two questions, but your answers were clarifying, so I'll ask more simplisticaly,

In Buddhism, NOTHING is just that...nothing. Negative particles, black holes, nano time lapses and things like..... tree that falls in the Forrest, who hears?....

So, Q 1. : If Nothing is still something, how do you behave as if you have been given nothing at all?

Q 2. : If Seth is a being not focused in this space time continuim, and has such knowledge to travel accross
    multi dimentions, how come he hasn't chosen to continue his work through some other mere mortals?
    Jo wrote:
    I was a little bit vague on my first two questions, but your answers were clarifying, so I'll ask more simplisticaly,

In Buddhism, NOTHING is just that...nothing. Negative particles, black holes, nano time lapses and things like..... tree that falls in the Forrest, who hears?....

So, Q 1. : If Nothing is still something, how do you behave as if you have been given nothing at all?

Q 2. : If Seth is a being not focused in this space time continuim, and has such knowledge to travel accross
    multi dimentions, how come he hasn't chosen to continue his work through some other mere mortals?

The problem with the explanation of "nothing" is that it requires a scientific explanation. If you need science to back up your religion, is it really a religion at all? I mean, you can relate that to the Big Bang theory. Did the universe really just come out of nothing? I don't know a ton about Buddhism, or Zen Buddhism for that matter, but I'm aware of the principles, the 5 Houses of Zen, etc. I think the "behave as if you have been given nothing at all" is just a guide to achieving experiential meditation. Like I said, I'm a Christian, so I don't know a ton about Buddhism. Very interesting stuff though.

About Seth: ASSUMING HE IS REAL AND NOT A FIGMENT OF JANE ROBERTS' IMAGINATION - I don't think he chose to use Jane as his vehicle, I think Jane had the ability and was gifted enough to be able to channel him.

That being said, the story goes that Seth was first channeled through a Ouija board. My high school english teacher always told us a story about how when she was a teenager in the 70s, her and a bunch of her friends were playing with a Ouija board. One of her friends kept getting the words "End" and "Goodbye". Then a week later, she was killed in a car accident. The story creeped me out, and since then, I keep an open mind to the theories of a parallel dimension. So, I would say that personally, I am not totally sure about whether or not Seth existed, but I do know that the writings are incredibly interesting.
    bump
    Where is PJ going to host thier 20th Anniversary?
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    What would your alternate answers to all of the questions be?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    Jo wrote:
    Where is PJ going to host thier 20th Anniversary?

Somewhere on the west coast
    CJMST3K wrote:
    What would your alternate answers to all of the questions be?

2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif
    bump for the weekend crew
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    FirstExit,why SPEEDY I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS???
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    FirstExit,why SPEEDY I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS???

Speedy is right. People are complaining way too much. Ten Club has clearly outlined in the past that not everyone is gonna go home happy. Yes I'm aware of their pain of not getting tickets, but that's just the way it goes. Sorry to all who got shutout, and better luck next tour!