***Official Columbus Rollcall***

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,938
    I think this party just snowballed about 10-fold. :shock:

*puts on seatbelt and prays things can happen. We're past the point of no return.*
    Awesome!! Get some locals to help you. I would, but I'm coming from 1700 miles away. Count on me to drink beer, though! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    mickeyrat wrote:
    The Hampton Inn is quite nice. The Drury Inn and Hyatt Regency are practically side-by-side.
    Am I missing any in that general vicinity? Going from memory. I know the Courtyard by marriot on spring , but The ymca being across the street and THOSE shady characters ,was trying watch out for the peeps.

What about the residence inn on E. Gay st? It appears to be relatively close (less than half mile).
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    everybody......please add your hotel plans to this thread!:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127021&p=2867393#p2867393
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I'll be there and down for the pre party for sure! I also have a spare 10C ticket if anyone is interested.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    edited March 2010
    You guys (and girls) better spend a shitload of money at the bar! And yes, food and non-alcoholic drinks are a very safe bet.

~99 - 103 people as of 3/27 2:01 AM ET.

absolutcilly
    All Those Yesterdays
    Backspacer_Backer
    bhigh901
    beak
    behindtheeyes
    Black73 (+3)
    BrianG (+1)
    BrinkofForever
    CC279770
    chrisk2361 (+3)
    cifrancgx
    CP5477
    DreamofAngels (+1)
    DS114969
    griz333
    hbudjr
    he.who.forgets (+1)
    hollyster70 (+2)
    HoosierJam (+1)
    giventolisten (+1)
    gndcd402 (+1)
    GTFLYGIRL
    imalive (+1)
    IndySarah
    Inside_Job_IN (+1)
    Isaac
    know 1
    Ledbetterdays
    legates54
    loadedgun
    Lost In Ohio (+1)
    MA165633 (+2)
    marcPJfan
    mickeyrat (+1)
    Motown322 (+3)
    ms. wes c.addle (+1)
    nbakyfan (+1)
    NeilJam (+1)
    ninjadave (+1)
    nothingfeelsgood (+1)
    patrickredeyes
    PJGARDEN
    pumpkinhead
    RiotAct10
    Satans Red Mosquito
    Shadow
    shaneham
    shiningstar
    silver39 (+5)
    sigh eternally (+1)
    SweetAndLow (+1 to +3)
    thunderDAN
    trking97
    Tully305
    UpSideDown
    vedpunk (+2)
    Writingjunkie (+1)
    yooperpj (+1)
    zeke thomas
    100 pacer
    2003Tar Heel PJ Fan (+1)
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Hey everyone! Im in, plus my bro. Im a local, so if you guys have any questions let me know!

I noticed nobody has mentioned the Nationwide Arena Red Roof Inn. Its actually really nice and only two blocks away. http://redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00262T

The Arena District is a great place for bars and retaraunts, as well as the short north area. The short north is just north of the arena on high street.

Anyway, keep filling us in on pre-parties as well as post parties. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Cant wait to have Pearl Jam in Columbus!!!!
    are we going to the same place? if so can i come?
  • I apologize if i missed this somewhere in this thread, but have we finalized a pre-party bar location ? Can't wait to see Columbus and party it up with the Jamily !
    Charlotte 2000, Raleigh 2003, Charlotte 2003, St. Louis VFC 2004, Columbia 2008, Chicago Eddie 2008, Atlanta Eddie 2009, Philly Spectrum night 4 2009, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Jacksonville Eddie 2012, PJ Wrigley 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, Buffalo 2013, Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013, Seattle 2013
  • cheprichepri Posts: 7
    Flying in from New York...please post where pre-show gatherings will be...can't wait! :D
  • Rolling in from Texas.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • ninjadaveninjadave Posts: 150
    me and my nephew will be there rolling from J-town.....rock on.
    ~ ninjadave ~
    2003 - State College 5/3
    2006 - Cleveland 5/20 and Pittsburgh 6/23
    2008 - Washington DC 6/22
    2009 - Philly Spectrum 10/28, 10/30 and 10/31
    2010 - Columbus 5/6 and Cleveland 5/9
    2011 - Philly [EV] 6/25 and PJ20 9/3-4
    2013 - Pittsburgh 10/11, Buffalo 10/12, Philly 10/21-22 and Baltimore 10/27
    2014 - Detroit 10/16
    2016 - Philly 4/28-29 and Philly [TotD] 11/5
    2020 - Baltimore 3/28
    2022 - Ottawa 9/3 and Camden 9/14
    2023 - Indianapolis 9/10
    2024 - Philly 9/7-9 and Baltimore 9/12
    Yes! We are working on something nice. Stay tuned... The reason why I don't want to announce anything prematurely is so we don't have to have everyone change their plans several times. Hopefully you all understand.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,095
    Count me in!
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
    2022 - Louisville
    2024 - Noblesville
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    I will be in the bus ready to rock
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • What the hell is this doing waaay back here???

Only 38 more days to go!
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    What was that I heard, 38 days? Can't wait... April, the cruelest month!
  • Lost in Ohio, thank you for your work so far putting something together.....now the part where I'm a whiny bitch......

being a local, I hope you were kidding about doing something around campus (such as the ugly) that would require a cab or bus to the show. with dozens of bars within pissing distance of the arena, most of them very cool, i hope you're working on that area. can you give us a little hint pretty please?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935
    Lost in Ohio, thank you for your work so far putting something together.....now the part where I'm a whiny bitch......

being a local, I hope you were kidding about doing something around campus (such as the ugly) that would require a cab or bus to the show. with dozens of bars within pissing distance of the arena, most of them very cool, i hope you're working on that area. can you give us a little hint pretty please?
    No, that was thrown out there by Yahamita , I think.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Lost in Ohio, thank you for your work so far putting something together.....now the part where I'm a whiny bitch......

A hint, because I dare not call it a "tweet." We know what those means around here, don't we?

I have been talking to a manager of an Arena District bar. This guy seems very cool with what we want to do. Yes, it was an idea to do something at Ugly Tuna, but things didn't work out that way.

Just come hungry, thirsty, and ready to spend a lot of money. Cash is always best, but the place does accept all sorts of "plastic payment" as well. The auction/raffle is still in the works. You guys know what to do. The party probably won't start until a bit after the normal lunch time, so you may want to have a big breakfast, or even a late breakfast.

And yes, they welcome all ages. However, the drinking age in Ohio is 21. Please abide by this, as these guys are doing a lot to invite us in and we don't want to put their license at risk. If you turn 21 on the day of the show, you'll be fine. If you turn 21 the next day (day of Indy show), it may be up to the Ohio bar whether to serve you at 12:01 AM or not.

More announced later.

Now, I ask you all a question: It has come to my attention that at such parties, Pearl Jam (and related music) is usually played on some sort of PA system. However, it is also of my knowledge that some people have a "blackout time" in which they do not listen to Pearl Jam for a certain amount of time before the show. It would really be easier on things NOT to guarantee Pearl Jam be played at the party.

What say you all? Keep in mind that what you say may not be what we do, but it could go a long way.

A hint, because I dare not call it a "tweet." We know what those means around here, don't we?

I have been talking to a manager of an Arena District bar. This guy seems very cool with what we want to do. Yes, it was an idea to do something at Ugly Tuna, but things didn't work out that way.

Just come hungry, thirsty, and ready to spend a lot of money. Cash is always best, but the place does accept all sorts of "plastic payment" as well. The auction/raffle is still in the works. You guys know what to do. The party probably won't start until a bit after the normal lunch time, so you may want to have a big breakfast, or even a late breakfast.

And yes, they welcome all ages. However, the drinking age in Ohio is 21. Please abide by this, as these guys are doing a lot to invite us in and we don't want to put their license at risk. If you turn 21 on the day of the show, you'll be fine. If you turn 21 the next day (day of Indy show), it may be up to the Ohio bar whether to serve you at 12:01 AM or not.

More announced later.

Now, I ask you all a question: It has come to my attention that at such parties, Pearl Jam (and related music) is usually played on some sort of PA system. However, it is also of my knowledge that some people have a "blackout time" in which they do not listen to Pearl Jam for a certain amount of time before the show. It would really be easier on things NOT to guarantee Pearl Jam be played at the party.

What say you all?

Good q about the blackout... for what its worth I am not on blackout mode. I say ear plugs for those that are, heh...
    Isaac wrote:
    Good q about the blackout... for what its worth I am not on blackout mode. I say ear plugs for those that are, heh...

Therein lies part of the issue. The bar we're looking at may not have the capability of playing user-defined music such as from an iPod or CD. However, should we NEED such a capability, we could possibly bring in the appropriate equipment from elsewhere, should the manager agree.
    Isaac wrote:

Therein lies part of the issue. The bar we're looking at may not have the capability of playing user-defined music such as from an iPod or CD. However, should we NEED such a capability, we could possibly bring in the appropriate equipment from elsewhere, should the manager agree.

Ah ha. A conundrum!

If the good bar's facilities can't support our music specificities no worries... after all it is *the good bar*, as such they can be forgiven!

I say good bar trumps music. But my opinion is one of many...
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    in regards to the blackout (this reminds me of flashforward), i say you just play muse and the silversun pickups the whole time :D then again i think i would be the only happy person there....
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    You can add me to the list.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

Isaac wrote:
    Ah ha. A conundrum!

If the good bar's facilities can't support our music specificities no worries... after all it is *the good bar*, as such they can be forgiven!

I say good bar trumps music. But my opinion is one of many...

Very good point.
  • pjwingmanpjwingman Posts: 61
    I'll be there.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935

More announced later.

What say you all? Keep in mind that what you say may not be what we do, but it could go a long way.
    Wouldn't ANYONE familiar with a wishlist type preparty EXPECT PJ to be played? Perhaps if whats played is studio only , no live stuff( save that for the real thing!!!). My 1 1/2 cents.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Count me in, flying in for the show from Dallas. The place we are thinking of meeting up before hand at, will it be 21 and up then? Because i am taking my little sister to her first ever show (she's 18) and she would not drink or anything but rather be the perfect DD for me. Just wondering.
  • DEReam13DEReam13 Posts: 74
    Count me in. Driving from Chicagoland. May have an extra ticket
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
    hbk3166 wrote:
    Count me in, flying in for the show from Dallas. The place we are thinking of meeting up before hand at, will it be 21 and up then? Because i am taking my little sister to her first ever show (she's 18) and she would not drink or anything but rather be the perfect DD for me. Just wondering.

The 18 year old will be fine to enter. She can't drink alcohol though. She'll be a great designated driver. :)
  • Please god, not Frog Bear and Wild Boar.

That place is AWFUL.

That is all.