***Official Columbus Rollcall***

Comments

• gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    hbk3166 wrote:
    Count me in, flying in for the show from Dallas. The place we are thinking of meeting up before hand at, will it be 21 and up then? Because i am taking my little sister to her first ever show (she's 18) and she would not drink or anything but rather be the perfect DD for me. Just wondering.
    little sister eh?! :twisted:
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    edited April 2010
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Wouldn't ANYONE familiar with a wishlist type preparty EXPECT PJ to be played? Perhaps if whats played is studio only , no live stuff( save that for the real thing!!!). My 1 1/2 cents.

There may be a way to satisfy everyone.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Please god, not Frog Bear and Wild Boar.

That place is AWFUL.

That is all.

Roger. 10-4 that.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    gndcd402 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUp0T5oxhY
    gndcd402 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUp0T5oxhY
    touche on the video. the guy who uploaded that video is a stud! :)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,930
    LiO , dude , you're killing us. Spill it already. I know how we can get , but make it clear things are still tentative but WHERE will the party MIGHT be at? Fuck , almost as bad as 10c with news...... :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I run a bar on campus & wish campus was the place to throw the pre-party, but that would be pretty ridiculous. Ugly Tuna couldn't handle a pre-party with the size of the crowd along with the college crowd. Logistics to & from would be a nightmare, Columbus is not cab friendly. Frog Bear is the logical choice for it's size & location. There are many bars & restuarants in the area easily within walking distance of the arena. R bar is nice & Boston's Famous is right near the arena. It's (Frog Bear) a little similar to Moretti's in Chicago, with a good size patio & it sits next to the plaza in front of Nationwide. The Arena District will be jammed with people following the concert Garage Bar & Lodge Bar would make nice destinations. Patio will have live bands on the biggest patio in town.
    Oh yeah, I'll be going +3. Mom's forst show! Then it's off to Indy & Cleveland.
    " first he was stripped and then he was stabbed
    By faceless men, well, fuckers
    He still stands"
    Cleveland '94, Rochester '94, Pittsburgh '98, Cincinnati '00, Columbus '00, Milwaukee '06, Las Vegas '06, Mansfield '08
  • I would like to 2nd Lodge Bar.

They have an amazing patio, and is plenty close.
    We've been looking at Gordon Biersch. Hopefully i'll be meeting with the manager down there real soon. He's been super nice to let us come in. In addition, that is their "slow time", so we'll fit right in between their lunch crowd and after-work crowd. We'll probably have an "official end time", but everyone is invited to stay longer. As of right now, I don't know what we'll do for an official after-show party, but they will be open after the show.

One big factor is that they do serve food and will welcome under 21's at any time.

And yes, these guys do have a patio.

Please... keep in mind that before people bitch about a location, I could pick anywhere and someone would bitch. Just look at the Frog Bear example. Someone says "no" and someone else says "yes."

Once again, the plans are TENTATIVE. Stay tuned.
    We've been looking at Gordon Biersch. Hopefully i'll be meeting with the manager down there real soon. He's been super nice to let us come in. In addition, that is their "slow time", so we'll fit right in between their lunch crowd and after-work crowd. We'll probably have an "official end time", but everyone is invited to stay longer. As of right now, I don't know what we'll do for an official after-show party, but they will be open after the show.

One big factor is that they do serve food and will welcome under 21's at any time.

And yes, these guys do have a patio.

Please... keep in mind that before people bitch about a location, I could pick anywhere and someone would bitch. Just look at the Frog Bear example. Someone says "no" and someone else says "yes."

Once again, the plans are TENTATIVE. Stay tuned.
    THANK YOU!!!! And the bonus for the beer drinkers is they won't run out!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!! And the bonus for the beer drinkers is they won't run out!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

They do know to expect a huge-ass crowd. They are no stranger to arena events.

The only potential downside is that these guys brew their own beer, which means nothing (or a very slim selection) of the budweiser, bud light, miller, etc. that we're all used to. I have had some of their beers, and they are quite good...they'll do the job.

Besides, I don't think we can bitch at someone giving us the time and space we need to pull all this off.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to bring donations for the silent auction and/or raffle and/or whatever else fundraisers we'll have going on, you may want to start collecting those things and writing in here what you're bringing.. only put what you're bringing when you have all your items 100% confirmed.
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    mickeyrat wrote:

The only potential downside is that these guys brew their own beer, which means nothing (or a very slim selection) of the budweiser, bud light, miller, etc. that we're all used to. I have had some of their beers, and they are quite good...they'll do the job.

Potential down side? This is a major up side for me... I can have a bud anywhere.
    mickeyrat wrote:

They do know to expect a huge-ass crowd. They are no stranger to arena events.

Besides, I don't think we can bitch at someone giving us the time and space we need to pull all this off.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to bring donations for the silent auction and/or raffle and/or whatever else fundraisers we'll have going on, you may want to start collecting those things and writing in here what you're bringing.. only put what you're bringing when you have all your items 100% confirmed.
    i think you should create a separate pre-party thread where people can list what they are donating and have everything together in the first post
    Isaac wrote:
    Potential down side? This is a major up side for me... I can have a bud anywhere.

Good man.
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i think you should create a separate pre-party thread where people can list what they are donating and have everything together in the first post

I may just have to do this...stay tuned.

There should be a phone call taking place on Monday in which a meeting should hopefully be scheduled. Things will (hopefully) begin to take serious shape at the meeting. And yes, I have "powerful people" working with me on this. Unfortunately, you all know what it's like when you've got one person over here, one person over there, and a third waaaaaay over there and you're all trying to coordinate things.

They will happen...things will be announced. Your patience will pay off. (It better, for my sake!)
  • LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I will see you in Columbus!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
    gndcd402 wrote:

There should be a phone call taking place on Monday in which a meeting should hopefully be scheduled. Things will (hopefully) begin to take serious shape at the meeting. And yes, I have "powerful people" working with me on this. Unfortunately, you all know what it's like when you've got one person over here, one person over there, and a third waaaaaay over there and you're all trying to coordinate things.

They will happen...things will be announced. Your patience will pay off. (It better, for my sake!)
    YEAH!!!! It better. You just might wind up "Lost in Ohio"!!!!! :mrgreen:

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,938
    mickeyrat wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

YEAH!!!! It better. You just might wind up "Lost in Ohio"!!!!! :mrgreen:

swimming with the fishes??? :shock: :shock: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Still have an extra 10C ticket if anyone needs one.
    Well, they say a whale's heart is as big as a car. I'll test that theory out.

Update --- You may want to check out this thread between 4 PM ET Saturday and 4 PM ET Sunday. Hopefully some good news will be posted during that window.
    28 days and a wake up..........

Legates54 has a donation for the fundraiser.

Anyone else?

Anyone else?
    may have better luck with a preparty/fundraiser thread. found this back on page 5 or 6 before my post today. I would love to contribute something but the only thing I really have other than some overplayed boots is Ten SD. can't let that go.

Anyone else?
    I'm sure I can dig something up. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I do promise that there will be another thread coming.
    imalive wrote:

Anyone else?
    I'm sure I can dig something up. ;)
    resin? :mrgreen::lol:

I just got out of a meeting with some very important people who have been really awesome to work with me and coordinate things.

I can say that one of the ideas might be a pub crawl...however, since the beneficiary is the Brian Shaffer Reward Fund that Central Ohio Crime Stoppers has coordinated, one idea was a "Shaffer Shuffle." I don't think I can mention one of the ideas for a fundraiser, but it had me totally floored in amazement that Crime Stoppers could even think of asking of such a thing. If I asked for this to happen, i'd be laughed at.

Unfortunately, we have nothing finalized yet. :( I'm a bit disappointed and frustrated that I can't announce anything, BUT I feel very optimistic that we will do something totally awesome.

HOWEVER...these very important people have more "muscle" than I have. We will announce things when they are ready to be announced.
    Thanks for all your hard work! :thumbup: :clap:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    25 DAYS and a wake up!!!!!!!!!!!

• IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    I just got out of a meeting with some very important people who have been really awesome to work with me and coordinate things.

I can say that one of the ideas might be a pub crawl...however, since the beneficiary is the Brian Shaffer Reward Fund that Central Ohio Crime Stoppers has coordinated, one idea was a "Shaffer Shuffle." I don't think I can mention one of the ideas for a fundraiser, but it had me totally floored in amazement that Crime Stoppers could even think of asking of such a thing. If I asked for this to happen, i'd be laughed at.

Unfortunately, we have nothing finalized yet. :( I'm a bit disappointed and frustrated that I can't announce anything, BUT I feel very optimistic that we will do something totally awesome.

HOWEVER...these very important people have more "muscle" than I have. We will announce things when they are ready to be announced.

yeah, "pub crawl" and "crime stoppers" don't really go hand-in-hand... maybe "pub crawl" and "crime starters" is more apropos, heh.

but no worries... don't be disappointed, seems like tons of work and tons of people to communicate with.