***Official Columbus Rollcall***

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935
    Updated list
    ~76 people as of 3/20 2:27 PM ET.
    If you see your name with an additional number behind it (+X) that means you are bringing that many people with you.
    if you see your name with no number behind it, that means you are bringing just yourself.
    And yes, this list is not exact by any means, but rather serves to give us a general idea.

absolutcilly
    All Those Yesterdays
    Backspacer_Backer
    bhigh901
    beak
    behindtheeyes
    Black73 (+3)
    BrianG (+1)
    CC279770
    chrisk2361 (+3)
    cifrancgx
    DreamofAngels (+1)
    hbudjr
    he.who.forgets
    HoosierJam (+1)
    gndcd402 (+1)
    imalive (+1)
    IndySarah
    Inside_Job_IN (+1)
    Isaac
    know 1
    legates54
    loadedgun
    Lost In Ohio (+1)
    MA165633 (+2)
    marcPJfan
    mickeyrat(+1) Have no idea who just yet!!!
    Motown322 (+3)
    ms. wes c.addle (+1)
    NeilJam (+1)
    nothingfeelsgood (+1)
    patrickredeyes
    pumpkinhead
    RiotAct10
    Satans Red Mosquito
    Shadow
    shaneham
    shiningstar
    silver39
    sigh eternally (+1)
    thunderDAN
    trking97
    Tully305
    yooperpj (+1)
    vedpunk (+2)
    Writingjunkie (+1)
    zeke thomas
    100 pacer
    2003Tar Heel PJ Fan (+1)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BrianGBrianG Posts: 53
    room confirmed at the Westin. Hotwire 4star, listed for $69 after taxes/fees total $87.

sounds like a lot of us will be at the Westin.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    Nothing new to add, other than I really wish this show was on a Friday.. ARGH!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    A pre-party still in the works??
  • SweetAndLowSweetAndLow Posts: 178
    I'll be there with a friend.

Outside chance of 4 total, but for now, just 2.
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
    bhigh901 wrote:
    A pre-party still in the works??

And maybe an after-party!

Yeah... there probably won't be much going on in the planning this weekend, but we are working on something good. We do have time, but I would still love to formally announce things ASAP.

I really do feel like i'm "shot out of a cannon" with trying to do things, and I really really want to get things done fast, but some things are just out of my control...but they ARE being worked on.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42
    I am a +1
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Thought I'd share my father moment with everyone. My youngest son (8), who will attending his first PJ show in Columbus, woke up this morning with perma-grin pasted to his face. I asked what he was smiling about, and he said, "I get to see Pearl Jam with you for my first concert!" What a kid!

So, his favorite band is The Who, and he is a huge Pete Townshend fan. However, he's so into PJ, he spent his birthday money to help me buy him his first guitar today. He picked out a Fender Squier, because "it looks just like Mike McCready's." Only difference (well, except that it's not a Strat) is that his is a lefty. He's now trying to figure out how to play Supersonic before the show. Seeing him sitting on his bed, PJ poster in the background, picking away is a sight to behold.

I didn't think I could be any more excited for May 6...little man proved me wrong. It's gonna kill me to leave him with family to catch the Noblesville show with my Brother-in-Law the following night.

Can't wait to introduce him and his big brother (10) to the 80+ PJ faithful who're planning to meet at the pre-party!
    I think it's a safe bet to say that we could be looking at more than 200 people by the time we actually get around to the party.... is this an average amount? How many people do these parties usually attract?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,938
    I think it's a safe bet to say that we could be looking at more than 200 people by the time we actually get around to the party.... is this an average amount? How many people do these parties usually attract?

I'd say there were maybe 200 in Seattle, maybe 100 (maybe more) at LA4 and a much smaller group in Salt Lake. Those who did attend in SLC had a beautiful afternoon of rooftop drinking! ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL Posts: 760
    ME! I'll be there! :)
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    Updated list
    ~79 - 81 people as of 3/20 4:00 PM ET.
    If you see your name with an additional number behind it (+X) that means you are bringing that many people with you.
    if you see your name with no number behind it, that means you are bringing just yourself.
    And yes, this list is not exact by any means, but rather serves to give us a general idea.

absolutcilly
    All Those Yesterdays
    Backspacer_Backer
    bhigh901
    beak
    behindtheeyes
    Black73 (+3)
    BrianG (+1)
    CC279770
    chrisk2361 (+3)
    cifrancgx
    DreamofAngels (+1)
    hbudjr
    he.who.forgets
    HoosierJam (+1)
    gndcd402 (+1)
    imalive (+1)
    IndySarah
    Inside_Job_IN (+1)
    Isaac
    know 1
    legates54
    loadedgun
    Lost In Ohio (+1)
    MA165633 (+2)
    marcPJfan
    mickeyrat (+1)
    Motown322 (+3)
    ms. wes c.addle (+1)
    NeilJam (+1)
    nothingfeelsgood (+1)
    patrickredeyes
    pumpkinhead
    RiotAct10
    Satans Red Mosquito
    Shadow
    shaneham
    shiningstar
    silver39 (+1 with me, then 4 others have tickets too :-) total of 6 :-)
    sigh eternally (+1)
    SweetAndLow (+1 to +3)
    thunderDAN
    trking97
    Tully305
    yooperpj (+1)
    vedpunk (+2)
    Writingjunkie (+1)
    zeke thomas
    100 pacer
    2003Tar Heel PJ Fan (+1)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Black73 wrote:
    Thought I'd share my father moment with everyone. My youngest son (8), who will attending his first PJ show in Columbus, woke up this morning with perma-grin pasted to his face. I asked what he was smiling about, and he said, "I get to see Pearl Jam with you for my first concert!" What a kid!

So, his favorite band is The Who, and he is a huge Pete Townshend fan. However, he's so into PJ, he spent his birthday money to help me buy him his first guitar today. He picked out a Fender Squier, because "it looks just like Mike McCready's." Only difference (well, except that it's not a Strat) is that his is a lefty. He's now trying to figure out how to play Supersonic before the show. Seeing him sitting on his bed, PJ poster in the background, picking away is a sight to behold.

I didn't think I could be any more excited for May 6...little man proved me wrong. It's gonna kill me to leave him with family to catch the Noblesville show with my Brother-in-Law the following night.

Can't wait to introduce him and his big brother (10) to the 80+ PJ faithful who're planning to meet at the pre-party!
    That's awesome! I took my son to see PJ at Hershey Park when he was about 7. He had a blast!

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • I'lll be attending.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
    edited March 2010
    ~91 - 95 people as of 3/21 9:06 AM ET.

absolutcilly
    All Those Yesterdays
    Backspacer_Backer
    bhigh901
    beak
    behindtheeyes
    Black73 (+3)
    BrianG (+1)
    BrinkofForever
    CC279770
    chrisk2361 (+3)
    cifrancgx
    DreamofAngels (+1)
    hbudjr
    he.who.forgets
    hollyster70 (+2)
    HoosierJam (+1)
    gndcd402 (+1)
    GTFLYGIRL
    imalive (+1)
    IndySarah
    Inside_Job_IN (+1)
    Isaac
    know 1
    legates54
    loadedgun
    Lost In Ohio (+1)
    MA165633 (+2)
    marcPJfan
    mickeyrat (+1)
    Motown322 (+3)
    ms. wes c.addle (+1)
    nbakyfan (+1)
    NeilJam (+1)
    nothingfeelsgood (+1)
    patrickredeyes
    pumpkinhead
    RiotAct10
    Satans Red Mosquito
    Shadow
    shaneham
    shiningstar
    silver39 (+5)
    sigh eternally (+1)
    SweetAndLow (+1 to +3)
    thunderDAN
    trking97
    Tully305
    UpSideDown
    vedpunk (+2)
    Writingjunkie (+1)
    yooperpj (+1)
    zeke thomas
    100 pacer
    2003Tar Heel PJ Fan (+1)
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I will be in attendance

I booked a room at the Hyatt Regency next to the arena:

Priceline Name your own price
    3.5 star rating
    Downtown/arena area (option #6 on the map I believe)
    One night, Thu 05/06 - Fri 05/07
    $54 (plus taxes + fees) was accepted first time around!

Anyone else staying here?
  • nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    nbakyfan +1
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • griz333griz333 Posts: 78
    I'm in.
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I will be in attendance

3.5 star rating

Not far to stumble back to the room!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    Myself +2
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    mickeyrat wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I will be in attendance

3.5 star rating

Exactly.....only a quarter mile away!
    UpSideDown wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I will be in attendance

3.5 star rating

Exactly.....only a quarter mile away!
    THEE closest of all downtown hotels, 2nd closest would be The Druiry Inn , and 3rd I guess would be Hampton Inn on High Street. Lotta cool little shops and Galleries on High Street in The Short North. Walking distance to these hotels.

The Hampton Inn is quite nice. The Drury Inn and Hyatt Regency are practically side-by-side.
    The Hampton Inn is quite nice. The Drury Inn and Hyatt Regency are practically side-by-side.
    Am I missing any in that general vicinity? Going from memory. I know the Courtyard by marriot on spring , but The ymca being across the street and THOSE shady characters ,was trying watch out for the peeps.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Am I missing any in that general vicinity? Going from memory. I know the Courtyard by marriot on spring , but The ymca being across the street and THOSE shady characters ,was trying watch out for the peeps.

I'd recommend one of the following:

Hyatt Regency
    Drury Inn
    Hampton Inn
    mickeyrat wrote:

I'd recommend one of the following:

Hyatt Regency
    Drury Inn
    Hampton Inn
    Wonder if this can't be updated to include where people are staying? Might help with cabs and walking in groups etc... Count me as local.

• he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    UPdated (added a +1)

absolutcilly
    All Those Yesterdays
    Backspacer_Backer
    bhigh901
    beak
    behindtheeyes
    Black73 (+3)
    BrianG (+1)
    BrinkofForever
    CC279770
    chrisk2361 (+3)
    cifrancgx
    DreamofAngels (+1)
    griz333
    hbudjr
    he.who.forgets (+1)
    hollyster70 (+2)
    HoosierJam (+1)
    gndcd402 (+1)
    GTFLYGIRL
    imalive (+1)
    IndySarah
    Inside_Job_IN (+1)
    Isaac
    know 1
    legates54
    loadedgun
    Lost In Ohio (+1)
    MA165633 (+2)
    marcPJfan
    mickeyrat (+1)
    Motown322 (+3)
    ms. wes c.addle (+1)
    nbakyfan (+1)
    NeilJam (+1)
    nothingfeelsgood (+1)
    patrickredeyes
    pumpkinhead
    RiotAct10
    Satans Red Mosquito
    Shadow
    shaneham
    shiningstar
    silver39 (+5)
    sigh eternally (+1)
    SweetAndLow (+1 to +3)
    thunderDAN
    trking97
    Tully305
    UpSideDown
    vedpunk (+2)
    Writingjunkie (+1)
    yooperpj (+1)
    zeke thomas
    100 pacer
    2003Tar Heel PJ Fan (+1)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I'll be there!

Daniel
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    Bumpity!!
    I think this party just snowballed about 10-fold. :shock:

*puts on seatbelt and prays things can happen. We're past the point of no return.*