*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Congrats to Spain.

Netherlands are the Buffalo Bills of the World Cup.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    Spain reigns! Felicidades!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    what do we talk about now??? I think I may be one of a handful of people who follow MLS here
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm go dust your boots off....

i did and went for a walk...i guess spain won? whoopie! :roll: :P :lol:
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Man was that a boring game.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    congrats to Espana,wish i would be in Barcelona tonight like i was after they pass to the final..great times :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Seeya all in four years
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Just got home, what fun! I"m so happy Spain won, my dad was moved to tears. I remember watching the World Cup when I was a kid with him, was awesome to finally see Spain win with him :) we all even got free paella during halftime! :)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Congratulations Spain, well deserved.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Man was that a boring game.

Yeah i agree!...NOT one of the Better games that's for sure!...The Germany and Uruguay game should of been the ***FINAL***...lol :P
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    finals are never the best
    but never have I seen a team put in such a thuggish performance as Holland in a final. Thankfully Spain won. Roll on the next one.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    nuffingman wrote:
    finals are never the best
    but never have I seen a team put in such a thuggish performance as Holland in a final. Thankfully Spain won. Roll on the next one.
    Thugs are right! I couldn't believe how dirty those guys play. And did anybody see the coach rip the medal off his neck the second he got off the ramp from the stage? No class.

I am so happy Spain won, the country can use a boost like this.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Last year on Halloween I was at PJ at the Spectrum, this year on Halloween I will be watching Barcelona play Sevilla at Camp Nou. Can't fucking wait.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Didn't wanna start a new thread

eww Jozy in Turkey
    2n83rk3.gif
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    that is a sick volley too
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Last year on Halloween I was at PJ at the Spectrum, this year on Halloween I will be watching Barcelona play Sevilla at Camp Nou. Can't fucking wait.

Oh shit you went to The New Camp?? Awesome! Planning a trip to Anfield next spring...
    The Fixer wrote:
    that is a sick volley too

yea he buried it
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    How many days until 2014?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    UEFA Euro 2012 - next big International football event in my calendar! :D
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    tremors wrote:
    Oh yeah! I forgot about the Euro.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    tremors wrote:
    Oh yes! I can watch England under perform again as they never fail to disappoint me! :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nuffingman wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    Oh yes! I can watch England under perform again as they never fail to disappoint me! :D

very presumptuous of you to think they'll even get there... ;);)

i, of course, live in a country where we expect to NOT get there.. and we normally get what we expect :( :lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    nuffingman wrote:
    tremors wrote:

England are rubbish at sport these days. I don't know why we can't just accept it. The only thing the English still do at the world class level is make very decent rock and pop music!! :D
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    England arent bad at all sports, they just have way too high expectations thrust uponst them from their fans... oh and we still have world class comedy coming out of Britain... some of our stand-ups are world class... music and comedy... what more else do we need!?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    tremors wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    tremors wrote:

England are rubbish at sport these days. I don't know why we can't just accept it. The only thing the English still do at the world class level is make very decent rock and pop music!! :D
    :( England won the Ashes, the rugby team looks pretty good, we have the world number 1 golfer, 2 world champion boxers and some excellent athletes.

And Dunk it's not the fans it's the media. Most English people know our football team is crap but the press love to build them up as possible winners and love it when they can then slag them off. It's time Scotland started qualifying for the footie tournaments because even though they're crap the fans give it a party atmosphere.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    nuffingman wrote:

:( England won the Ashes, the rugby team looks pretty good, we have the world number 1 golfer, 2 world champion boxers and some excellent athletes.

And Dunk it's not the fans it's the media. Most English people know our football team is crap but the press love to build them up as possible winners and love it when they can then slag them off. It's time Scotland started qualifying for the footie tournaments because even though they're crap the fans give it a party atmosphere.

Hey, we had a thread for the Ashes. Please stop rubbing it in...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

Hey, we had a thread for the Ashes. Please stop rubbing it in...
    We'll be rubbing that in for the next 2 years.
    I have a feeling you'll be the guys gloating in India. :(