*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I thought the Argentina match was quite good. Except for the Nigerian Goaltender it would have been 4-0.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    only Germany have looked great so far... Argentina looked very good right enough. Didnt see Holland 2nd half...

Spain should be good. Brazil as always. It's early days... it'll get going after the initial group openers as it's usually pretty cagey... no team wants to really lose their opener so it tends to be a bit more of a cautious affair... Germany aside! :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Fuck only team I have really wanted to watch are Brazil and I'm seeing STP that night grrr!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    dunkman wrote:
    only Germany have looked great so far... Argentina looked very good right enough. Didnt see Holland 2nd half...

Spain should be good. Brazil as always. It's early days... it'll get going after the initial group openers as it's usually pretty cagey... no team wants to really lose their opener so it tends to be a bit more of a cautious affair... Germany aside! :D
    Holland in the 2nd half looked like they were having a stroll in the park. It could be that Denmark were very ordinary. Just waiting for the first match between a couple of the big guns. Brazil v Portugal on the 25th is about the only major game in the qualifying. DOH I'll be at Hyde Park.
    nuffingman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Holland in the 2nd half looked like they were having a stroll in the park. It could be that Denmark were very ordinary. Just waiting for the first match between a couple of the big guns. Brazil v Portugal on the 25th is about the only major game in the qualifying. DOH I'll be at Hyde Park.

so will I... although its a 3pm kick off which means I will be in the pub watching it... PJ are not on till much later 8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    squeaked by with that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

hopefully we play better against denmark and esp. netherlands (of which our chances are even slimmer!!!)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    haffajappa wrote:

hopefully we play better against denmark and esp. netherlands (of which our chances are even slimmer!!!)
    Big win haffajappa! We def have to step it up in the final 2 matches, but a win is a win! Because of theserialthrilla's contest, I am referring to Japan as "we" even though I have no other affiliation with the country or team.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dunkman wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

so will I... although its a 3pm kick off which means I will be in the pub watching it... PJ are not on till much later 8-)

Think i may have to do the same. Not interested in any of the support acts.
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    haffajappa wrote:

Big win haffajappa! We def have to step it up in the final 2 matches, but a win is a win! Because of theserialthrilla's contest, I am referring to Japan as "we" even though I have no other affiliation with the country or team.

as he takes off his head band lays down his chop sticks.and pours some green tea.do you also wear sandels with thick white socks now ;)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    dunkman wrote:
    a 1-1 tie...........ladies and gentlemen: the problem with soccer.
    :roll:

what an idiotic statement. Its the worlds most popular sport. There is no problem.

I'm glad your country don't grasp the concept. Means you can live in your isolated bubble of shit sports and proclaim fucking teams from Idaho as WORLD CHAMPS even though only US teams play.

problem with soccer... get a grip infant.

I hope PERTH GLORY can be "WORLD CHAMPS" in the A-League Next year!.....lol :P
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Actually this fits in perfectly with the new American way of thinking when it comes to youth sports - there are no winners or losers.

Ah yes, the 'everybody get out there and play' approach. I'm a big supporter of this to an extent. It's important to get kids out playing, no matter what the sport. it's always good to encourage interest in sports - but there's gotta be winners and losers Kids need to learn competitiveness too.
    I hate how football has ties. Ties are meant for kids but thankfully some youth sports don't keep score. Sports has a winner and loser. Period end of story. The us could go onto the 2nd round just getting bye on ties and winning the goal differential between the 3rd place team. Is that really a way to earn a spot into the 2nd round and by some luck actually win the world cup, umm no. I like the fact in hockey and basketball, american football, baseball and tennis all have winners. I love the sport of football just as much as any us football fanatic. Shit I've watched a us match in spanish when I don't know a lick of spanish. It was so cool to hear the passion these announcers had. Then again it was us vs mexico.

The announcers for the us match were good. I liked that british guy a lot more then others I've heard. I still wish espn would use tommy smyth.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

dunkman wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

You've just made my day. :D
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:

You are a part of it now my friend... We're in this one together... lol
    even if you are wearing a kimono and eating with chopsticks (is it stereotypical i am actually eating japanese udon with chopsticks right now? :lol: )
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Ok I've been out of the loop all day what happened with my picked squad PARAQUAY team today? I think they played Italy the defending champs and they should get crushed.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    this thing almost over?
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,969
    this thing almost over?
    just begun!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    haffajappa wrote:
    You are a part of it now my friend... We're in this one together... lol
    even if you are wearing a kimono and eating with chopsticks (is it stereotypical i am actually eating japanese udon with chopsticks right now? :lol: )
    That kid Kaisuke Honda is some player. He needs to keep finding open spots around the net. Japan also won today with 3 total shots and not one corner the entire game. I was sweating it out on that laser Cameroon had off the crossbar in the final stages of the match. Bring on Denmark and Holland!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    had the family over and were watching a game yesterday afternoon...my mom made us turn the channel because the sound of those stupid horns were driving her nuts.
    www.myspace.com
    had the family over and were watching a game yesterday afternoon...my mom made us turn the channel because the sound of those stupid horns were driving her nuts.
    The horns are driving everyone nuts. It wouldn't be so bad if they were used when celebrating a goal or when there's a near miss but it's just continuous.
    i quite like the vuvuzelas... makes me think i'm watching Mexico 86 or something.
    dunkman wrote:
    i quite like the vuvuzelas... makes me think i'm watching Mexico 86 or something.
    The less said about Mexico 86 the better. I also struggle saying vuvuzela.
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    g under p wrote:
    Ok I've been out of the loop all day what happened with my picked squad PARAQUAY team today? I think they played Italy the defending champs and they should get crushed.

peace

lets just say ziggy is after your blood.. :lol: 1-1
    nuffingman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    The less said about Mexico 86 the better. I also struggle saying vuvuzela.

a vuvuzela is what dyslexic lesbians crave... think of it that way. i think that might be the worst lesbian dyslexia related joke i've ever made... :oops: :oops:

mexico 86??? i wont mention it again.. in fact to take your mind of it look at my avatar
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm a little confused atm.

If I back NZ then it's Un-Australian of me. If I don't support the under-dog it's un-Australian of me.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:

If I back NZ then it's Un-Australian of me. If I don't support the under-dog it's un-Australian of me.
    You could always be American and just whine about the World Cup.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    nuffingman wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

Don't be silly, whining would indicate we actually care one way or the other.
    nuffingman wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

We are whining about our dutch coach atm after our perfomance on Monday morning. He didn't even play 3 of our best players, and played guys out of position.

I wish there was a special feature on the wc coverage to turn down the vuvuzelas
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I wish there was a special feature on the wc coverage to turn down the vuvuzelas

They were actually talking to the sound engineers about it on the bbc today. Problem is vuvuzelas are designed to be heard :lol: ... they are right in range of sound that we hear best and tuning them out would tune out lots of other things we would actually want to hear ... apparently :? :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i saw in the morning selling vuvuzelas in a store..12 euros each!! :shock:
    i ask him why this price and answer me,they came from africa!!!
    i should buy one for pj europe tour :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i saw in the morning selling vuvuzelas in a store..12 euros each!! :shock:
    i ask him why this price and answer me,they came from africa!!!
    i should buy one for pj europe tour :lol:

Go for it, So when I buy the boots and hear Ed politely tell someone to shut up, I know he will be talking to you D.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014