*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    intodeep wrote:
    Is spain really gonna lose this match? that would be a pretty huge upset right?

Yes, ranked number 2 in the world and the Euro Champs.

They had so many chances
    Incredible
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    This Swiss team looks questionable to me. These guys all have Italian and German and Spanish and Polish names. Seems to me they paid off some players to join their squad. But a nice win nonetheless. Where's Roger Federer?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • puschnijepuschnije Posts: 95
    This Swiss team looks questionable to me. These guys all have Italian and German and Spanish and Polish names. Seems to me they paid off some players to join their squad. But a nice win nonetheless. Where's Roger Federer?

You don't have a clue about Switzerland do you :-) ?

We have a foreign rate of almost 30 % in our country. A lot of player in our squad are secondos... they were born here and grew up in this country (roots from Italy, Turkyie and the Balkan countries) For example ... look at the squad of Germany.. same issue with quite a few secondos!

it's an unbelievable win against one of the best teams in the world right now!!!
    puschnije wrote:

it's an unbelievable win against one of the best teams in the world right now!!!

Congrats! Hell of a win.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Devastating loss for Spain
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :shock: :shock:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    unimpressed with spain. TONS of blown chances. 25 shots, 5 on goal?

interesting week for the world cup. can't say there is a clear cut favorite.
    rival. wrote:

I was pretty impressed with Spain, i mean i would say 80% of the game was played witin 30 yards of the Swiss goal.

Edit: But yeah, the lack of shots on goal was a problem
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

I was pretty impressed with Spain, i mean i would say 80% of the game was played witin 30 yards of the Swiss goal.

Edit: But yeah, the lack of shots on goal was a problem

oh, they totally controlled the flow. but their lack of execution was annoying to watch. i couldn't believe how wasteful they were with their corner kicks.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    swiss play verey clever,was lucky in 2-3 times but if u see statistic the run more than spanish team..and dont forget..!!they have on of thest manager in the world..so congrats to the winners
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    swiss play verey clever,was lucky in 2-3 times but if u see statistic the run more than spanish team..and dont forget..!!they have on of thest manager in the world..so congrats to the winners

Don't forget, they have the

AAAAAm2A0GgAAAAAAWKFaQ.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,701

And they have
    swiss_cheese.jpg

Luckily he's not the starting goal keeper (his brother starts in goal for England though)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:

And they have
    swiss_cheese.jpg

Luckily he's not the starting goal keeper (his brother starts in goal for England though)

:lol::lol:

thanks dimi

you have to be lucky sometimes when you play against a team like Spain... remember 2004 in Portugal!

About Hitzfeld.. yes he was very important for this win, he could adjust the team so well against this tici-taca game of Spain.

good luck for your squad ... but i guess their time is over as it is for your coach, which is a real character too!

what the hell should that be? 100 % nothing Swiss...
    Its Swiss Miss
    Swiss-Miss-No-Sugar-Added-Hot_4128BDD9.jpg
    752230-blinx_2_swiss_super.jpg
  • South Africa and Uruguay both need a win tonight really so lets hope they both go for it.
    puschnije wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that...
    puschnije wrote:

I guess you can't remain neutral while looking at that. Plus she might stop all those fine swiss clocks.
    Poncier wrote:
    puschnije wrote:

I guess you can't remain neutral while looking at that. Plus she might stop all those fine swiss clocks.

Excellent points, my good Poncier.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    puschnije wrote:

You don't have a clue about Switzerland do you :-) ?

We have a foreign rate of almost 30 % in our country. A lot of player in our squad are secondos... they were born here and grew up in this country (roots from Italy, Turkyie and the Balkan countries) For example ... look at the squad of Germany.. same issue with quite a few secondos!

I guess I just got told what's up. My mistake. And you're right, Germany's the same way. Hey, its a strategy the US should be using more to their advantage.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Ugh. That last Uruguay goal sucks.

It means Mexico needs at least a draw tomorrow vs France ... unless they can beat Uruguay by a shit load of goals.

Not a good result for Mexico.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:

It means Mexico needs at least a draw tomorrow vs France ... unless they can beat Uruguay by a shit load of goals.

I think Mexico could beat France tomorrow.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:

I hope so. Really happy this isn't the early game, it's the late game ... a 4 am start would have sucked!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    puschnije wrote:

thanks dimi

you have to be lucky sometimes when you play against a team like Spain... remember 2004 in Portugal!

About Hitzfeld.. yes he was very important for this win, he could adjust the team so well against this tici-taca game of Spain.

good luck for your squad ... but i guess their time is over as it is for your coach, which is a real character too!
    To poli to tiki taka kanei to paidi malka..means alot of tiki taka make you like an asshole..lol..great managment of the game..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    jimed14 wrote:

I'll guess a 1-1 draw. That's the theme of this tournament. Mexico surely is playing as good as, if not better than France right now. They could very well beat them.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Some of these dives make me sick. That Urugayan player that was awarded the red card for the slide tackle from the South African keeper is a punk. :x

If you watch the replay he was barely touched. And freaking twinkle toes Ronaldo earlier with his dives. Ay ay ay. You don't see Wayne Rooney diving like that.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i have Uruguay and Switzerland in the office sweep. :lol::lol:

I thought Uruguay were very good... 4-3-3 is the way forward.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Poncier wrote:
    Its Swiss Miss
    Swiss-Miss-No-Sugar-Added-Hot_4128BDD9.jpg
    752230-blinx_2_swiss_super.jpg

The Swiss Miss, lol !! I'm sure it's even without swiss chocolate in it