*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    so im in a yahoo pick'em pool for thw wc with some homies

i did poorly this first weekend going 3 of 8 (so korea, argentina, germany) with no correct scores...

any insight into tomorrows games?

as of now im thinking 1 all draw for neth v den, cam over jap 2-1 and italy over par 2-0

thoughts?
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    norm wrote:
    they say it here in news too..the problem is fifa cant do it without the help of south africa,its traditional to them and have to say yes as well
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    norm wrote:
    agreed

it feels like i'm listening to bees. i have to put my tv on mute. the hell with tradition of SA :roll: .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    4 nil tim cahill red carded. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    4 nil tim cahill red carded. :(

Israel Folau and Karmichael Hunt to replace Cahill and Kewell.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Dercheef wrote:
    Apart from Cacau all german players were born in Germany and learnt to play here so I can't see your problem. We have a lot of immigrants who came decades ago to Germany and thats why alot of those guys are now in our squad.

1 born in ukraine? 2 players born in poland? 1 guy born in somewhere else.[/quote]
    All right 3 were born in Poland and one in Yugoslavia but they are all living for over 15 years here in Germany and learned to play here.[/quote]

What the hell is Yugoslavia?
    I cannot find it on the map....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    How good was Australia?

Aussie Aussie Aussie. Oi Oi Oi

Great win. We might win the cup from here.

We were the ones in white weren't we?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    hahahaa love your work

thank f*ck it was a public holiday 'cos if i had to go to work following that shit i'd have to pull a sickie, i can't afford that at the mo :lol:
    wah
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    What the hell was Pim thinking?!?! No Harry, Kennedy or Bresciano. Tim Cahill up front on his own. Germany were red hot but we didn't do ourselves any favours. We've gone from taking Italy to the wire in the last world cup to getting smashed by zee Germans :(
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Germany were GREAT!...But Australia also Played "CRAP"... :roll:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'm pumped up for tomorrow's match between Japan and Cameroon. Now that's a big game!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I'm pumped up for tomorrow's match between Japan and Cameroon. Now that's a big game!

Potential for a FEW Goals this game!.....I mean from "BOTH" Sides lol... :P
    Austicman wrote:
    What the hell was Pim thinking?!?! No Harry, Kennedy or Bresciano. Tim Cahill up front on his own. Germany were red hot but we didn't do ourselves any favours. We've gone from taking Italy to the wire in the last world cup to getting smashed by zee Germans :(

I reckon resting/protecting them for winnable games.
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    Dercheef wrote:
    Apart from Cacau all german players were born in Germany and learnt to play here so I can't see your problem. We have a lot of immigrants who came decades ago to Germany and thats why alot of those guys are now in our squad.

1 born in ukraine? 2 players born in poland? 1 guy born in somewhere else.
    All right 3 were born in Poland and one in Yugoslavia but they are all living for over 15 years here in Germany and learned to play here.[/quote]

What the hell is Yugoslavia?
    I cannot find it on the map....[/quote]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslavia
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
    It doesn't exist anymore, it wasn't a real nation, just a state of nations...

The player in qn is either Slovene, Croat, Serb, Bosnian, Hercogovinan, Montenegran, or Macedonian.....
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    It doesn't exist anymore, it wasn't a real nation, just a state of nations...

The player in qn is either Slovene, Croat, Serb, Bosnian, Hercogovinan, Montenegran, or Macedonian.....
    Sure it doesn't exist anymore but still Marko Marin was born in Bosanska Gradiška in (former) Yugoslavia. Today it would be Bosnia-Herzegovina.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Been away for a few days, but here is my take.

I think the US should be careful against Slovenia. Our D is rusty, especialy Onyewu.

Argentina, Germany, SK, & Nigeria have looked the best so far.

I would much rather listen to Martin Tyler over The MLS announcers anyday. Plus wasn't Harkes commentating with him anyway? Maybe you all need to play more FIFA to enjoy Martin. Too bad we don't get Andy Gray too.

And how can anyone not know where Yugoslavia is/was? ;)
    NERDS!
    I know what it was man, shits me when people still call someone a Yugoslavian or say they are from Yugoslavia.

And Martin Tyler is the king, haven't heard him call this WC?
    Is he retired?
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I know what it was man, shits me when people still call someone a Yugoslavian or say they are from Yugoslavia.

And Martin Tyler is the king, haven't heard him call this WC?
    Is he retired?
    He did the US vs. England game plus another one. Clyde Tylsdey (sp) is doing games too.
    NERDS!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    a 1-1 tie...........ladies and gentlemen: the problem with soccer.
    :roll:

what an idiotic statement. Its the worlds most popular sport. There is no problem.

I'm glad your country don't grasp the concept. Means you can live in your isolated bubble of shit sports and proclaim fucking teams from Idaho as WORLD CHAMPS even though only US teams play.

problem with soccer... get a grip infant.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    dunkman wrote:

what an idiotic statement. Its the worlds most popular sport. There is no problem.

I'm glad your country don't grasp the concept. Means you can live in your isolated bubble of shit sports and proclaim fucking teams from Idaho as WORLD CHAMPS even though only US teams play.

Some of the best games I've ever seen have been 0 - 0 draws. Uruguay and France on Friday was a great game, and not a goal in sight. There's no point in listening to such statements Dunky. They're obviously the result of a profound misunderstanding of the beautiful game, and of course an attention span shorter than a sparrow's.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:

Some of the best games I've ever seen have been 0 - 0 draws. Uruguay and France on Friday was a great game, and not a goal in sight. There's no point in listening to such statements Dunky. They're obviously the result of a profound misunderstanding of the beautiful game, and of course an attention span shorter than a sparrow's.

Actually this fits in perfectly with the new American way of thinking when it comes to youth sports - there are no winners or losers.
    Actually this fits in perfectly with the new American way of thinking when it comes to youth sports - there are no winners or losers.

Ah yes, the 'everybody get out there and play' approach. I'm a big supporter of this to an extent. It's important to get kids out playing, no matter what the sport. it's always good to encourage interest in sports - but there's gotta be winners and losers Kids need to learn competitiveness too.
    dunkman wrote:

I like this post.
    I just think haters of soccer have short attention spans.
    Even cricket lovers are short on patience now with all this 20/20 shite.
    Great follow up running from Kuyt there. Much better goal on second viewing.
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    I just think haters of soccer have short attention spans.
    Even cricket lovers are short on patience now with all this 20/20 shite.

your spot on here.

i love cricket..twenty20 is brilliant,its showmanship, great enteraintment ....BUT IS NOT TEST CRICKET.

nothing beats the ashes 5 days of pure battling cricket.we have been spoilt over the last few years of ashes cricket..swings one way then back agian..cant wait for them to start again.

off to a one day on the 30th..pre ashes arsewhipping for the oz's :twisted:

as for the football was it not the americans that wanted to make the goals bigger and have 1/4 so to have more advert space when they had the worldcup..enough said
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    9 games in...

but we have only had 1 good game of football..and 2 so so games..the rest are forgetable.

germany 4-0 good
    south africa 1-0 soso
    netherlands 2-0 soso

anyone disargee
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    9 games in...

but we have only had 1 good game of football..and 2 so so games..the rest are forgetable.

germany 4-0 good
    south africa 1-0 soso
    netherlands 2-0 soso

anyone disargee
    I enjoyed the Ghana match for the drama at the end.
    Holland look as if they could be dangerous. They sorted out Denmark without breaking into a sweat.
    I think my village team could have stuffed Australia. You don't expect me to compliment their opposition do you?

but I agree ... ..the rest are fairly forgettable, although Robert Green did add a bit of light comedy.