*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:
    I'm loving the shots of the wild animals of Africa are awesome...like no place else on this earth.

Peace
    Are they playing football?

:) Nah in search of their next meal. Damn Nigeria just can't finish off their shots as their chances are few to score.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    "Hey I know I'm a loathsome dick head but time to celebrate.
    More cocaine. Give me more cocaine!"

maradona.jpg
    nuffingman wrote:
    "Hey I know I'm a loathsome dick head but time to celebrate.
    More cocaine. Give me more cocaine!"

maradona.jpg
    :D

Given up the white stuff and stapling your stomach can change the appearance. Why does he walk with that hitch in his step? Looks like a hip problem.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    He should've hung out with Rick James.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Posts: 354
    that's an old photo, now he's in good shape 8-)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    When i went to get my morning coffee i noticed the owners were trying to adjust their new projector and put the games on... they are right next door to my store...

Let's just say I might vanish from work a couple times today if my boss doesn't let me crack open my laptop and watch the games online 8-)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Time to give my cousin a call in England and heckle his *touchas* that the USA team will win. :D

peace

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    He should've hung out with Rick James.

Charlie Murphy ;);)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

CRAP ! Four minutes in and England scores easily. :(

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,968
    g under p wrote:
    I'll take the bobble by the english goalie to tie!!!!!! 1-1!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Dempsy!!!!!!!

That was the softest goal I'll ever see

mickeyrat wrote:
    g under p wrote:

The commentators/announcers are absolutely horrendous, they stink. :evil: They are putting me asleep.

peace

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,968
    g under p wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    g under p wrote:

The commentators/announcers are absolutely horrendous, they stink. :evil: They are putting me asleep.

peace
    I know what you mean. That English way of understated/subdued. Whatever. It's tied!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    That's really the result we could have hoped for. Tie with England puts the US in very good shape to advance. England had more quality chances but that's the game. The best team doesn't always win. The English defense seems to have problems with speedy forwards. I see this hurting them after the first round.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Yay! A tie!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 1-1... meh, could've been worse...

Didn't we tie our first game in the 1966 world cup? ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    ok ..wtf im englishs and that was pure crap...if anything the usa should have won..green 1out of 10..sorry very bad start..

im not happy with rooney out on the left all game ...

poor so poor.
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    ok ..wtf im englishs and that was pure crap...if anything the usa should have won..green 1out of 10..sorry very bad start..

im not happy with rooney out on the left all game ...

poor so poor.
    I think England put a lot more pressure on the US. I think it was a pretty solid start.
    way to many yellow cards for both sides

in a match like this you gotta let them play a bit more

Yay! A tie!
    why you so happy with a tie for. that was a pathetic showing by us. that was one of the worst games i've seen the us play in bout 3 years. defense was just totally dead. if it wasn't for howard and the england goalie making that bobble the score woulda been 4-0 england.

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    metsfan wrote:
    Yay! A tie!
    why you so happy with a tie for. that was a pathetic showing by us. that was one of the worst games i've seen the us play in bout 3 years. defense was just totally dead. if it wasn't for howard and the england goalie making that bobble the score woulda been 4-0 england.
    I agree on all counts. They looked like crap and still tied one of the best teams in the world. I look for them to come out strong in their final two group matches.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I agree on all counts. They looked like crap and still tied one of the best teams in the world. I look for them to come out strong in their final two group matches.
    a tie is nice and all but a win woulda put the dagger in england and thats what i wanted the most. we were firing on all cynlinders cept the defense. defense i thought was gonna be our strong point but i can see now it's not and i question bradleys picks of players. i question why spector was on the bench when he's been great on D for the past few years now or why hedjuk was left off the roster. those 2 guys are rocks on D.

Utter crap! 2 very average teams with 1 good goalkeeper and 1 arse between them.
    I sometimes wondered if Rooney was playing.

Oh well it can only get better.
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    all the positives are with the usa..i also agree the usa can play better.but i bet your all happier then us over the pond here.

but the uk need to start to play

rooney ws not even in the game..so wide and deep...i cant stand heskey

no defence

worried now
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    the media has been guessing for days who was going to be England goalie... many many hours of worthless drivel on the TV and newspapers and weirdly enough the guy picked will end up dominating the back pages due to his shitness.

Wonder if Calamity James will be brought back in for the 2nd game?

hope so :twisted: :twisted: ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I think nerves definitely played their part last night in the England team. No offence to the US team, but there was a far greater expectation for England to win and, with the press ready with knives drawn, the pressure was bound to tell.

Green was unfortunate for the goal, a second's lapse of concentration is all it takes.

Rooney was poor last night, he seemed to be waiting for the ball to come to him instead of going looking for it. Capello should have had the guts to replace him instead of taking off Heskey.

I still think these are the two teams that will qualify from this group.
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
    I think nerves definitely played their part last night in the England team. No offence to the US team, but there was a far greater expectation for England to win and, with the press ready with knives drawn, the pressure was bound to tell.

Green was unfortunate for the goal, a second's lapse of concentration is all it takes.

Rooney was poor last night, he seemed to be waiting for the ball to come to him instead of going looking for it. Capello should have had the guts to replace him instead of taking off Heskey.

I still think these are the two teams that will qualify from this group.
    Good comments but Green's error was terrible. After Carson's against Croatia and Seaman's against Brazil I shall never laugh about Scottish keepers again.

Hopefully England will qualify in 2nd or I'll be in the air when they are playing the last 16 game. :(
    Come on the Aussies tonight! Make me happy.
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Bring on Zee Germans!!! We got nothing to lose. A win or a draw would be an incredible result.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Posts: 354
    C'mon Serbia & Australia!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    what a fucking great team we have!!!will win the beachvolley champion!!!atleast i was on the beach with mohitos and bikinis,to calm down.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”