*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    that goal by SA was a seed.

why does it seem like all of the african nations wear green and yellow?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    The Fixer wrote:

Good question, probably has something to do with tribal colors.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Or it could be the some of the main colors seen in the continent of Africa green for the Central Africa's rain forest and yellow/orange for the desert sands of the Sahara.

A continent and countries i want to visit sometime in my life.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Or it could be the some of the main colors seen in the continent of Africa green for the Central Africa's rain forest and yellow/orange for the desert sands of the Sahara.

Peace
    Seriously! A good friend of mine just got back from a nursing trip in Ghana, her bf is from SA, a couple customers that come into my store are from Kenya, and one of my favourite profs specializes in African issues and has been there a bunch of times... apart from the violence and the epidemic, Africa sounds like an awesome place. I'd love to go
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Peace
    Went to Kenya and Tanzania on my honeymoon. No trip will ever compare... Hopefully take my kids back one day...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    nuffingman LOVES THE GERMANS NOW :lol::lol:
    I recognise a rigged sweepstake when I see one. :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    bishop tutu celebrating sa goal!
    1d726c45.jpg
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    haffajappa wrote:
    gabers wrote:
    I'm no Mexico fan but they've already had some terrible calls made against them. The goal called off for being offsides was ridiculous. Such is the way of FIFA officiating. There will always be favorites, especially the home teams.
    Yeah.
    I wonder if its a result of losing the benefit of the doubt.
    You know like teams that keep diving and shit, the refs don't like being made fools of...

not saying that thats an excuse
    Sorry guys but that goal was way offside.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Peace
    Went to Kenya and Tanzania on my honeymoon. No trip will ever compare... Hopefully take my kids back one day...

When I was about 6 I used think that country of Tanzania was Tarzania and that was where Tarzan was from.confused13.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    norm wrote:
    bishop tutu celebrating sa goal!
    1d726c45.jpg
    That really was great. he was getting down like he was in da club :lol:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Posts: 354
    gabers wrote:
    I'm no Mexico fan but they've already had some terrible calls made against them. The goal called off for being offsides was ridiculous. Such is the way of FIFA officiating. There will always be favorites, especially the home teams.

that offside call was ok
  • COME ON URUGUAY!!!!!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    COME ON URUGUAY!!!!!!!
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    COME ON URUGUAY!!!!!!!
    I thought all you European types stick together??
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :yawn:

I keed. I keed.

8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • COME ON URUGUAY!!!!!!!

:lol: No France cheated to get to the world cup and knocked Ireland out! Im sticking up for my brothers across the water :D

All tho Diego Forlan is a prick as i remember ;)
    Awwwwww. Isn't that cute. They just said on BBC, the england team was probably at the hotel having a cup of coco. So cute.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    I'm pumped, baby! GET READY FOR LOW SCORES AND TIES!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!
    COME ON URUGUAY!!!!!!!
    no way,,france put out Irerland by cheating..
    i support Greece,and all countries talk Espaniol.. :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    COME ON URUGUAY!!!!!!!
    no way,,france put out Irerland by cheating..
    i support Greece,and all countries talk Espaniol.. :)
    :mrgreen:
    Well we probably have more espanol talkers in the USA than in Spain so I thinks you should root for us :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • what do you all think about these horns the south african fans like to blow on the entire game??? it's like a soccer game in the middle of a giant bee hive.
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    gabers wrote:

that offside call was ok

Are FIFA rules different than the rest of the world?? The South Africans had a defender on their goal line when the pass was made. How could that possibly be offside?
    gabers wrote:
    gabers wrote:

that offside call was ok

Are FIFA rules different than the rest of the world?? The South Africans had a defender on their goal line when the pass was made. How could that possibly be offside?

Didn't the keeper come out, I was in a meeting at the time but from what I understand the keeper came out and there was only one person behind him.
    :mrgreen:
    Well we probably have more espanol talkers in the USA than in Spain so I thinks you should root for us :D
    i really wanna see how usa team will be,getting better with the yuears,the euro tour not allowed me to watch alot of the world cup
    This is a great game.
    AHHHHHHHH. DAMN! Tough red, they were playing a good game.
    ahahahahah, Henry asking for a handball.
    Didn't the keeper come out, I was in a meeting at the time but from what I understand the keeper came out and there was only one person behind him.

Oh maybe. I'll watch the highlights at home with audio. I might have missed that.
    Only in soccer can 0-0 and 1-1 games be considered good games. :D

For some reason I usually find games that involve France boring. Is it just me?