*** Euro tour badges 2010 ***

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited April 2010 in The Porch
So, we've got to that time again... The tour starts in just under 4 months and we need to start thinking badge ideas. I will be attending the first 5 shows of the tour and handing them out... and any remaining will be given to Dimitris to give out on the rest of the tour dates.

Dunkman designed the badges last year (very nice they were too!) but I know there are lots of arty types who post here so now is your opportunity to shine and have your art spread across Europe and treasured by many fans! :D

The badges should have the words PJ/Pearl Jam European/Euro Tour 2010 on them. The design should fit on a round 25mm badge.

Email me your design (email address at the bottom of this post) and i'll post them up and we'll have a vote. Closing date for designs is 31st March 2010(this is when they will be posted up and the voting will start) Please title your emails 'BADGES' so I don't delete it!

Cost for this last year was spread across a few (very generous) fans. This year I am also looking for your help but this time more people will benefit...
As so many of you are interested in helping out, I'm asking that people donate pay between £3-£5 to help pay for the badges. The badges themselves will cost around £50 to have made. Hopefully we'll raise over £50 because the remaining money will be helping the following charties:

Sir Magdi Yacoub's Chain of Hope - http://www.chainofhope.org/index.php
(A charity that helps children around the world born with heart defects; children who do not have access to what we would consider routine operations needed to cure or help their conditions.)

The British Heart Foundation - http://www.bhf.org.uk/

Any money left after the purchase of the badges will be split equally between these two charities.

When making a payment, please enter the subject as "Badges - YOUR USERNAME" so I know what the donation is for and who made it.
Could you also please mark the payment as a GIFT so I won't get charged to process it and all of the money will go to the charities.

My paypal and email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:gruftyzombie@hotmail.co.uk">gruftyzombie@hotmail.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

~ Sian xx

p.s. BIG thanks to Chime who suggested this great idea :)

Peeps who have very kindly offered their charitable help:

Sian-of-the-dead (of course i'll donate too!)
dimitrispearljam
philthehip
Jennytree
Irish Al
surfanddestroy
Dottles
melbourneflower
pumpkinhead
Bigda
Chrisilein
Chime
71step28
Claireack
Redrock
ilockyer
shejammszt
Igotshit76
veddertown

Many, many thanks to you all :) xx

ALL entrants are welcome! This isn't just for us Euro types... I don't discriminate, I want worldwide contributions of all forms! :mrgreen:
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i dont believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!..i was just ready to sent u pm to ask u if u have any idea for this year..
    count me in helping for the money :) ..and i want my 20 extras..u know the way 8-)
    great Sian,,once again u Rock!!!!

p.s.,let Pippa do the Maths... :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Count me in Sian, not the designing but for cash. I am in no way arty at all ever :lol:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I think I'm gonna do a seperate one for Dublin, too.

Also, I'll throw in a few quid for them 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Yep count me in honey ;) I'll start saving now and throw you a few bob :D

Might even try and come up with an idea....perish the thought :twisted:

Jen....good call ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Count me in,
    I may try my hand at designing and see if I can stretch to throw a few quid your way.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Jennytree wrote:
    I think I'm gonna do a seperate one for Dublin, too.

Also, I'll throw in a few quid for them 8-)
    nice Jenny!!! :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    No good at designing, not an arty bone in my body but defo up for giving some cash, I'll send you a PM.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • i dont believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!..i was just ready to sent u pm to ask u if u have any idea for this year..
    count me in helping for the money :) ..and i want my 20 extras..u know the way 8-)

Who'd have thought, the person i'm going to be giving the badges too when I leave Berlin posts first... :lol: Would that be ok with you D, darlin?

(Your 20 extras have already been taken into account ;) )

I had 250 made last year (including your 20) so i'm thinking 300 this year... 20 for you and 280 to give out?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Thanks Al, Jen, Phil, Tamara and Leanne for offering financial help! :thumbup:

It's £48 for 300 badges (D will be paying for his added 20... he's a good egg like that) but any amount is welcome so i'll PM you all my paypal email when we know how many people want to pitch in :D

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'll not bother getting a badge this time :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    i dont believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!..i was just ready to sent u pm to ask u if u have any idea for this year..

Who'd have thought, the person i'm going to be giving the badges too when I leave Berlin posts first... :lol: Would that be ok with you D, darlin?

I had 250 made last year (including your 20) so i'm thinking 300 this year... 20 for you and 280 to give out?
    i trust u what ever u deside..280 is good....
    and yes ill do the "pusher" after Berlin show 8-)
  • dunkman wrote:

I can send you one if you wish?
    I sent Hitchy one last year and he was rather grateful even though he wasn't on tour :)

• Yeah I'll pitch in some moula for this Sian - just let me know the dealio. :D
    Thanks Al, Jen, Phil, Tamara and Leanne for offering financial help! :thumbup:

It's £48 for 300 badges (D will be paying for his added 20... he's a good egg like that) but any amount is welcome so i'll PM you all my paypal email when we know how many people want to pitch in :D
    great...i guess this year more people will donate and more people will draw designs(someone who reading now,know what i mean 8-) )
    and when u do all let us know to sent u money..

WARNING: Chime do the Maths...... :D
  • i dont believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!..i was just ready to sent u pm to ask u if u have any idea for this year..

i trust u what ever u deside..280 is good....
    and yes ill do the "pusher" after Berlin show 8-)

Someone else has asked for 20 now so it'll be 310 if I can get a price on 350 badges (40 going to you and the other person). I'll email the company this afternoon and let you all know :)

Thanks D! :D

Ohhh thanks melbourneflower :)

You're all so generous! :mrgreen:

dunkman wrote:

I sent Hitchy one last year and he was rather grateful even though he wasn't on tour :)

no thankings... 8-)

and I'll be at London show anyway. :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

no thankings... 8-)

and I'll be at London show anyway. :D
    Great..i would love u to give me whiskey infos again :mrgreen:
  • pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    Count me in for some cash your way. GREATTTTT idea. Just joined the club. You guys are the best.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I've had an idea in my head for an Irish badge for a while now, I'll get some designs and see if fellow Irish folk would approve :ugeek:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    this is Sian thread of last year badges
    so all know what we talkking about :)
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=99515&hilit=+badges
    4397698395_04b588ce9c_o.jpg

:lol::lol:
  • BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    great idea! i will chip in few quid to this endavour! let me know the details on how to do it and secure a few for myself and three of my friends!
    you rock!
    peace,
    b.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:

Why you no want a badge dunkles??

p.s. Nice design :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    dunkman wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Why you no want a badge dunkles??

p.s. Nice design :)

only because I'm not doing the whole euro tour ma dear... :)
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    What a great idea! You can count me in for financial help!!! :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:

Just let me know how much and i paypal you the amount!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    as i see so far this year all will donate,for get their Badge.. :lol::lol:
  • You can still have a badge if you're only doing one date Dunkleton :)

I'll write up a list of people who have offered to help financially and put in in the original thread. Many, many thanks for the PM's and offer of help :thumbup:

• 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Hi Sian!
    Put me on that list as well, please :)
  • 71step28 wrote:
    Hi Sian!
    Put me on that list as well, please :)

No problem. :)

Right, a very dear friend of mine (our clever lil' Chimey) has just PM'ed me and suggested that to save doing maths, how about we all (those listed) chip in £3-£5 for the badges, i'll get them ordered and then the remainder of the money goes to charity?

I think this is a blinding idea :mrgreen: