Options

9/11 loose change.

jr19jr19 Posts: 338
edited March 2010 in A Moving Train
anybody seen this documentary?? all i can say is "damn"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    woah did I travel back in time to 2006? I did see tralfamadores last night in my dreams...

damn.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I have, and I'd like that time back.
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    Nothing like a good conspiracy theory to let your mind go wild - eh? haha
    I have, and I'd like that time back.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I haven't seen it yet but have heard other conspiracy theories and do not believe them but believe it's ok to question authority if that is all they are doing. The liberals pushed the theory that Bush and Cheney knew that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and that seemed plausible because of the oil and haliburton thing. So why not a conspiracy theory for 9/11 as well? Maybe because the whole hero thing that was so played up and obvious tragic loss of innocent lives that no one dares question. It's ok to wonder in America, right?
  • Options
    toodeetoodee Posts: 89
    In 2008 the BBC produced a documentary called '9/11: The Third Tower' which covered the major claims in Loose Change.

If you've seen Loose Change and still haven't made your mind up about 9/11, this program is worth downloading.
  • Options
    jr19 wrote:

While I haven't yet seen the movie, Discovery or NatGeo (I forget which) recently aired a show called "911-Truth and Conspiracy" that featured the guy who made Loose Change. A very even, scientific look at some of the claims in the movie.
  • Options
    There have been several versions since the original "Loose Change" and in each, the list of smoking guns and claims gets smaller and smaller. The Nat Geo show you're referring too is very good and debunks just about every legitimate claim that is throw around. Most "9-11 truthers" still deny the science and facts, so basically it amounts to a large group of conspiracy theorists that have a loosely knit outline of half-truthes to piece together some large-looming belief of what occurred.
    jr19 wrote:
    While I haven't yet seen the movie, Discovery or NatGeo (I forget which) recently aired a show called "911-Truth and Conspiracy" that featured the guy who made Loose Change. A very even, scientific look at some of the claims in the movie.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    This is a documentary made by Michael Moore. He also made one called SICKO that bashes the american health care system while he tries to make socialized health care look like a fairy tale. He also made a doc about capitalism, the irony in that one is that it's because of capitalism he was able to make millions of dollars off a doc that bashes it at the same time. Basically, he's a whack job and I don't take him very seriously. He's simply lining his pockets with cash while he feeds radical american views.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    mb262200 wrote:
    This is a documentary made by Michael Moore. He also made one called SICKO that bashes the american health care system while he tries to make socialized health care look like a fairy tale. He also made a doc about capitalism, the irony in that one is that it's because of capitalism he was able to make millions of dollars off a doc that bashes it at the same time. Basically, he's a whack job and I don't take him very seriously. He's simply lining his pockets with cash while he feeds radical american views.

uhhh ... i'm pretty sure michael moore didn't make this movie ...
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:

If you're wrong about simple facts like who made a particular movie...

could you also be wrong about the other (much more complicated) concepts that you condemn?

Is it a possibility???
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    polaris_x wrote:
    mb262200 wrote:

uhhh ... i'm pretty sure michael moore didn't make this movie ...

I thought Moore made Loose Change. Oh well, sorry. It's been a very long time since I watched it.
    Post edited by OnTheEdge on
  • Options
    mb262200 wrote:

If you're wrong about simple facts like who made a particular movie...

could you also be wrong about the other (much more complicated) concepts that you condemn?

Is it a possibility???

Anything is possible...but I doubt it. 8-)
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    jr19 wrote:

check out "zeitgeist"

.. particularly for parts 2 and 3, which cover 9/11 and the federal reserve.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i thought loose change was an interesting film. i'm not saying its all true, but it does raise some interesting questions that have not been answered to many many peoples' satisfaction.

to the people who think michael moore made this, what documentary film has he ever made where he was not the narrator and star of the film??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I watched Zeitgeist. I don't have any vested interest in the religious aspect... but the part about the financial issues and the federal reserve is selective and not thorough. I watched it and then did my own research and inquiries afterwards and lots of it is merely pieced together on loosely connected facts and connections in history. Ie.. it is edited together to make a good story or theory but in reality is not fact, more of a twisted retrospective on economics, history and power through the century. It's done in a very simplistic manner so it makes it easy to enjoy, watch and capture mentally, yet in reality, it leads you down a path of false assumptions based on half-truthes compared to taking it for fact.
    DPrival78 wrote:
    jr19 wrote:

check out "zeitgeist"

.. particularly for parts 2 and 3, which cover 9/11 and the federal reserve.
    CONservative governMENt

• Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    i haven't seen this but i did see that jesse ventura show about 9/11 :lol:
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    9 11 was an inside job. Period.
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Problem solved. The thread can be closed.
  • Options

Indeed ... Let's just all assume that the most paranoid account is the correct one.
  • Options

Indeed ... Let's just all assume that the most paranoid account is the correct one.

it's only the most paranoid account in your perspective
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

If believing the inside job stories (which are just as circumstantial as the "official" account, if not more so) helps you to sleep easier, power to you.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

If believing the inside job stories (which are just as circumstantial as the "official" account, if not more so) helps you to sleep easier, power to you.

my only point in the matter is that you don't know the truth as much as the next guy ... calling his opinion a paranoid account is only meant to ostracize him ... a tactic that is used by many PR firms and political pundits ...
  • Options
    And the "inside job theories" are not "circumstantial" they are based on factual first person accounts. From the people who worked in the building for 30 years, the first responders (firemen and cops), eyewitnesses of the bombs going off in the building, the air traffic controllers, the military involved in the misinfornation tests that day, is that enough yet?

Not one black box recovered (1st in history), complete military stand down during the incident itself, third building detonated that wasn't hit by planes, no plane wreckage in pa or dc, unprecedented number of stock put options put on wtc related businesses that day, and only like another 4 to 500 things.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    This conversation has taken place on this board too many times. Most of your first person factual accounts have been answered and explained. In my opinion anyone who suscribes to this bullshit consipracy theroy can go to fucking hell.

That's all from me on this topic.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Most of your first person factual accounts have been answered and explained.

ok, so explain the non-recovery of four black boxes. Explain the unprecedented amount of put options. Explain the military stand down, and the confusion testing of running the exact same scenario at the same time, explain the fireman accounts of a bomb had gone off in the basement and first floor before they got there (before the buildings fell).

AND ABOVE ALL, explain to me, or show me where, someone has disproven the PHYSICS that it was IMPOSSIBLE for the building to fall at that rate of speed if the floors did indeed "pancake" as is the official story/myth. IF the floors pancaked it would have taken over 90 seconds for the tower to fall. It dropped in 9 seconds, the rate of free fall. This means, by physical PROVEN SCIENCE, that there MUST have been a controlled demolition of the tower.

Now what?
  • Options
    Why don't you just do a search on this site and you'll see it all discussed already? No need to rehash the same exact questions and answers, you know?
    ok, so explain the non-recovery of four black boxes. Explain the unprecedented amount of put options. Explain the military stand down, and the confusion testing of running the exact same scenario at the same time, explain the fireman accounts of a bomb had gone off in the basement and first floor before they got there (before the buildings fell).

AND ABOVE ALL, explain to me, or show me where, someone has disproven the PHYSICS that it was IMPOSSIBLE for the building to fall at that rate of speed if the floors did indeed "pancake" as is the official story/myth. IF the floors pancaked it would have taken over 90 seconds for the tower to fall. It dropped in 9 seconds, the rate of free fall. This means, by physical PROVEN SCIENCE, that there MUST have been a controlled demolition of the tower.

Now what?
    CONservative governMENt

• Options
    search what? All this proves its an inside job. Not one thing has been debunked.
  • Options
    I'm not trying to change your opinion on the subject, just merely saying it's been discussed to death on this forum and if you do a simple search in this site for it, you could read it and discuss it there.
    search what? All this proves its an inside job. Not one thing has been debunked.
    CONservative governMENt

• Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    my only point in the matter is that you don't know the truth as much as the next guy ... calling his opinion a paranoid account is only meant to ostracize him ... a tactic that is used by many PR firms and political pundits ...

That's your response to any point that you don't agree with, though ... "That's a common technique used to .... (insert term like ostracize, marginalize, etc.)". So, the basic notion is that using a descriptor is a way to foreclose discussion? Assuming this is true, how exactly does one criticize or take issue with someone's view of the facts, then? Taken to the extreme, no debate is possible for fear that someone is being excluded or marginalized. Might as well shut down the board.