*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    It's like that with Hamels - tooootal puss, but he's my puss.
    oh god, he is a pretty boy. would be totally at home on the d**gers :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I also think Wilson is a tool, and not that good to boot. Phils had an awesome comeback against him in regular season last year to ruin a Lincecum start. Something was wrong with that lineup (injuries, or I don't konw what) that they couldn't get to him.
    no, he was in "lockdown mode." it was like flipping a switch :lol:

honestly, he was scary all year. but, for whatever reason, the whole playoff run was pretty stress free. thank god. :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,369
    imalive wrote:

I also think Wilson is a tool, and not that good to boot. Phils had an awesome comeback against him in regular season last year to ruin a Lincecum start. Something was wrong with that lineup (injuries, or I don't konw what) that they couldn't get to him.

honestly, he was scary all year. but, for whatever reason, the whole playoff run was pretty stress free. thank god. :mrgreen:

He had a BS against the Braves, right?

The rest of the Giants' bullpen was a different story - sick. Mostly waiver claims & leftovers too. Don't get why relievers ever get big contracts. Bochy did an incredible job managing that bullpen as well.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    No mention of the trimmed down Kung Fu Panda???

Looks like someone got the message, get fit or GTFO.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think Wilson is s huge douche. Orange cleats, dyed beard, stupid hand gestures, awful tattoos. yep, definition of tool
    yet, if he was a phillie you'd love him :lol: . as long as he's saving games, I have no problem with BW. remember, we were in a bad place post-nen. ty walker, dustin hermanson, matt herges, etc.

eh, highly doubtful. I'm the guy that hates rooting for vick, hated rooting for AI, etc.

My motto for these types of guys...love the player, hate the person.

The dude can pitch, but he's a hand job
    imalive wrote:

He had a BS against the Braves, right?
    yeah, but that was bochy throwing him in there for the 6-out save, which I hate. he inherited two baserunners and his first guy should have been an out but reached on a throwing error. he only gave up one hit in two innings (a killer double) and struck out three. it's all good now, but I lost some sleep over that fucking game!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    jimed14 wrote:
    No mention of the trimmed down Kung Fu Panda???

Looks like someone got the message, get fit or GTFO.
    which will be higher? panda's lbs lost or rowand's spring BA? :wtf: :evil:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MA209067MA209067 Posts: 77
    Brandon Belt is really making a push to join the big club from the get go. 2 for 4 with a 2-run jack today against the Crew. Not to mention his 3 for 5 performance his first start of the spring. DeRosa's also playing like he wants that LF job. Can you imagine if Belt was this years Posey?
    MA209067 wrote:
    Brandon Belt is really making a push to join the big club from the get go. 2 for 4 with a 2-run jack today against the Crew. Not to mention his 3 for 5 performance his first start of the spring. DeRosa's also playing like he wants that LF job. Can you imagine if Belt was this years Posey?

good thing they gave huff that 2 year deal :?
    The Fixer wrote:
    MA209067 wrote:

good thing they gave huff that 2 year deal :?

I like Huff on the team. The guys personality alone is worth the contract they gave him, even if the thong is officially "retired." Rowand has to be gone if they decide to bring Belt up. There's no room for him on the roster now let alone if Belt ends up on the team mid season.
    MA209067 wrote:

I like Huff on the team. The guys personality alone is worth the contract they gave him, even if the thong is officially "retired." Rowand has to be gone if they decide to bring Belt up. There's no room for him on the roster now let alone if Belt ends up on the team mid season.
    word. let's start a buyout fund.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    MA209067 wrote:

ah, a voice of reason. zito, rowand, huff, etc.

despite sabean, the NL West is wide open. And the phils aren't as good as the media is creating them.

can't wait for baseball to start
  • The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

ah, a voice of reason. zito, rowand, huff, etc.

despite sabean, the NL West is wide open. And the phils aren't as good as the media is creating them.

can't wait for baseball to start

I agree completely! Well I think the NL West is open to the Giants and Rockies at least. I'll be waiting for the Dodgers to collapse in June. :lol: I think the Padres were a fluke and now with A. Gonzalez in Boston it makes them really weak. The NL East is open to the Braves if they want to take it this year. :mrgreen: Sounds like Utley is hurting and it also sounds like Cain has some minor elbow inflammation. Oh boy!

I CAN"T WAIT FOR BASEBALL!

Definitely. Opening day is my 2nd favorite day of the year (after thanksgiving).

Will be interesting to see how the giants do. They were a weird team last year. The NL West should be solid this year. I know giants fans don't want to hear it, but I think the Dodgers are a sleeper team in the NL this year. Their rotation should be good. And they finally got rid of Russell 'the turd' Martin.
  • The Fixer wrote:

Definitely. Opening day is my 2nd favorite day of the year (after thanksgiving).

Will be interesting to see how the giants do. They were a weird team last year. The NL West should be solid this year. I know giants fans don't want to hear it, but I think the Dodgers are a sleeper team in the NL this year. Their rotation should be good. And they finally got rid of Russell 'the turd' Martin.

You are right, we don't want to hear it. :). Their rotation is pretty much relying on Kershaw and Billingsley. If those guys don't win games consistently, then they are fucked! I think it's a stretch to call them sleepers, but that's the cool thing about baseball: anything can happen!

On a side note I saw D. Brown broke his hand today! Wow! Take that prospect off the list! ;)
    The Fixer wrote:

You are right, we don't want to hear it. :). Their rotation is pretty much relying on Kershaw and Billingsley. If those guys don't win games consistently, then they are fucked! I think it's a stretch to call them sleepers, but that's the cool thing about baseball: anything can happen!

On a side note I saw D. Brown broke his hand today! Wow! Take that prospect off the list! ;)

I think Dom Brown was a long shot to make the phils roster anyway. Ben Francisco is a better player at this point. Brown just isn't ready, so this could be the best thing for him in the long run.

I like the LAD rotation a lot. kershaw is a beast. billingsley is solid. then they come with lilly and kuroda. they have a nice, veteran rotation. I think that SF, LA, and COL are gonna beat each other up this year. The D-Bags should be improved too. SD is gonna suck. tough division
    The Fixer wrote:
    I know giants fans don't want to hear it, but I think the Dodgers are a sleeper team in the NL this year.

you're right...we don't want to hear that :lol:

I hope the McCourt drama and donnie baseball's inexperience will be enough to fuck them.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Giants are featured team on MLB network tonight. 30 clubs in 30 days. 7e/4p
    I'm not going to let myself get too hyped over spring training.....but it's looking pretty good down there :mrgreen:

except for rowand

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    Being a Giants fan is starting to feel a lot like being a PJ fan. I see similarities in both groups. Giants get no respect from the media. The fan base has always been huge but never got any press. Were easily the most knowledgeable fan base of any team on the west coast. The fan base also travels extremely well. I myself have seen them play in 5 different ballparks and there's always a huge group at each venue. I was in DC in 2009 when Randy Johnson won #300 and the place felt like a Giants home game. I'm watching them beat up on Latos tonight in Peoria which is San Diego's home and it's probably 75% Giants fans. The future looks extremely bright as well. Lots of quality prospects on the way, a premier venue, lots of revenue coming in and the ballpark is nearly paid off. We own the Northern California sports scene and that's not going to change. Kings are leaving Sacramento, Warriors continue to be a 35 win team and the Niners and Raiders have stunk for a decade. I think were going to be competitive for the next 5 or 6 years minimum. Possibly longer if they can sustain a $125 million a year payroll, which shouldn't be a problem with the revenue coming in.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
    lastexit78 wrote:
    Being a Giants fan is starting to feel a lot like being a PJ fan. I see similarities in both groups. Giants get no respect from the media. The fan base has always been huge but never got any press. Were easily the most knowledgeable fan base of any team on the west coast. The fan base also travels extremely well. I myself have seen them play in 5 different ballparks and there's always a huge group at each venue. I was in DC in 2009 when Randy Johnson won #300 and the place felt like a Giants home game. I'm watching them beat up on Latos tonight in Peoria which is San Diego's home and it's probably 75% Giants fans. The future looks extremely bright as well. Lots of quality prospects on the way, a premier venue, lots of revenue coming in and the ballpark is nearly paid off. We own the Northern California sports scene and that's not going to change. Kings are leaving Sacramento, Warriors continue to be a 35 win team and the Niners and Raiders have stunk for a decade. I think were going to be competitive for the next 5 or 6 years minimum. Possibly longer if they can sustain a $125 million a year payroll, which shouldn't be a problem with the revenue coming in.

It really is a great time to be a fan. You're spot on about the fanbase never getting its due diligence.
    lastexit78 wrote:
    The future looks extremely bright as well. Lots of quality prospects on the way, a premier venue, lots of revenue coming in and the ballpark is nearly paid off. We own the Northern California sports scene and that's not going to change. Kings are leaving Sacramento, Warriors continue to be a 35 win team and the Niners and Raiders have stunk for a decade. I think were going to be competitive for the next 5 or 6 years minimum. Possibly longer if they can sustain a $125 million a year payroll, which shouldn't be a problem with the revenue coming in.
    I love your enthusiasm but.....these are the Giants. I fully intend for them to break my heart many, many more times. The rest of the Bay Area does suck and the Gs may be able to maintain a payroll, but that doesn't guarantee anything. They won last year on heart, chemistry and karma. Maybe a little pitching, too :mrgreen:

I'm behind them all the way...just wouldn't be surprised if it's another 56 years until they win it all again ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    imalive wrote:
    lastexit78 wrote:
    The future looks extremely bright as well. Lots of quality prospects on the way, a premier venue, lots of revenue coming in and the ballpark is nearly paid off. We own the Northern California sports scene and that's not going to change. Kings are leaving Sacramento, Warriors continue to be a 35 win team and the Niners and Raiders have stunk for a decade. I think were going to be competitive for the next 5 or 6 years minimum. Possibly longer if they can sustain a $125 million a year payroll, which shouldn't be a problem with the revenue coming in.
    I love your enthusiasm but.....these are the Giants. I fully intend for them to break my heart many, many more times. The rest of the Bay Area does suck and the Gs may be able to maintain a payroll, but that doesn't guarantee anything. They won last year on heart, chemistry and karma. Maybe a little pitching, too :mrgreen:

I'm behind them all the way...just wouldn't be surprised if it's another 56 years until they win it all again ;)

Yes. Never forget. They are the Giants.
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    imalive wrote:
    lastexit78 wrote:

I really think we turned the corner last October/November. I'm sure many Red Sox fans had the same pessimistic attitude after 2004. Yet they were on top again in '07. Or Patriots fans after their fluke run of '01. Or even Niners fans after the '81 season. Sometimes a franchise just comes of age. I'm sure they'll be more heartbreaks, that's a given. But if this current group stays healthy and Sabean spends wisely I think we'll see at least one more World Series appearance in the next five years. Who's going to stop us? The Phillies will be a threat for another season or two but they're not getting any younger. Our division is good but has no big time threats and the Central is mediocre, especially if Pujols bolts for big money in the A.L. following this season.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
    lastexit78 wrote:

I really think we turned the corner last October/November. I'm sure many Red Sox fans had the same pessimistic attitude after 2004. Yet they were on top again in '07. Or Patriots fans after their fluke run of '01. Or even Niners fans after the '81 season. Sometimes a franchise just comes of age. I'm sure they'll be more heartbreaks, that's a given. But if this current group stays healthy and Sabean spends wisely I think we'll see at least one more World Series appearance in the next five years. Who's going to stop us? The Phillies will be a threat for another season or two but they're not getting any younger. Our division is good but has no big time threats and the Central is mediocre, especially if Pujols bolts for big money in the A.L. following this season.

I hope you're right :mrgreen:

damn, the giants just keep winning in AZ. I'm almost hoping they'll lose a few and save some of these wins for the regular season :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    imalive wrote:
    lastexit78 wrote:

I hope you're right :mrgreen:

damn, the giants just keep winning in AZ. I'm almost hoping they'll lose a few and save some of these wins for the regular season :shock:

First off, spring training means absolutely nothing unless someone's hurt.

It's good to be jaded by your team and all, but fluke run of the '01 Pats - umm, what? That was the start of a dynasty. Red Sox are a brand. They have money to play with. I wouldn't say SF is either of these.

Who's going to stop you? Colorado will damn sure give you a run for your money(I think they win the division), San Diego is making wise moves, LA - if they can get their shit together financially - will always have a chance to be a player, and Arizona & Towers are making identical moves to SF. It's funny how one championship makes people get ginormous heads - ala Philly in '08(but we're like this in everything though - because in all reality, we just are that fucking awesome), Boston in '04, New York in...all the time.

For some reason your organization doesn't think it has the wherewithall to expand its payroll exponentially - even though SF is a damn big metro area.

Phillies will only be in it a couple more years? :lol: ....Rrrrright.

Who's going to stop you? Colorado will damn sure give you a run for your money(I think they win the division), San Diego is making wise moves, LA - if they can get their shit together financially - will always have a chance to be a player, and Arizona & Towers are making identical moves to SF. It's funny how one championship makes people get ginormous heads - ala Philly in '08(but we're like this in everything though - because in all reality, we just are that fucking awesome), Boston in '04, New York in...all the time.

colorado is the only other legit team in our division. the rest suck.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

you could argue that the dodgers lineup is better than the giants. the giants rotation is better, but the dodgers isn't too far behind. don't sleep on LA this year.

I'm curious...how many games do you guys think the giants win this year? you guys seem awfully confident. for the record I think the phils win 95 games with utley for even half the season. without him for the year I'll say 90 (meaning they're in deep shit)
  • imalive wrote:

You are exactly right!
  • The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

you could argue that the dodgers lineup is better than the giants. the giants rotation is better, but the dodgers isn't too far behind. don't sleep on LA this year.

I'm curious...how many games do you guys think the giants win this year? you guys seem awfully confident. for the record I think the phils win 95 games with utley for even half the season. without him for the year I'll say 90 (meaning they're in deep shit)

The Dodgers have had a better lineup than the Giants ever since Bonds left. Too bad they can't do shit with it. Their pitching is the same as last year and Kershaw and Billingsley need to carry the load. Might be a lot to ask from them. LA will be out of it by June! :mrgreen:

I think the Giants are winning 90 this year. Colorado can make it difficult though. Last year we owned them down the stretch and that's what made the difference. Beating our division teams and watching San Diego piss it's season away helped big time.

I remember posting something on here a while ago about how teams go on runs/streaks/get hot to win titles, see Giants 2010, Red Sox 2004, White Sox 2005, yada yada. Someone countered and said that streaks usually do not get you a World Series win. It seems to me now that teams have to have the right "thing" going in order to win now whether it be chemistry, a bad ass pitching staff, etc.