*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

Comments

• PANDA LITE

WOW :o Dude looks like he lost around 40 pounds! Tim Kurkjian did not even recognize him at Spring Training :lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,530
    PANDA LITE

WOW :o Dude looks like he lost around 40 pounds! Tim Kurkjian did not even recognize him at Spring Training :lol:

kurkjian was drunk.
    www.myspace.com
    "Because of track record, I think you would have to look at their staff as the best in baseball," Bochy told the San Francisco Chronicle. "I think everybody in the National League would tell you the road to the World Series has to go through Philadelphia, with the quality of their staff."

thanks bochy.
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    "Because of track record, I think you would have to look at their staff as the best in baseball," Bochy told the San Francisco Chronicle. "I think everybody in the National League would tell you the road to the World Series has to go through Philadelphia, with the quality of their staff."

thanks bochy.
    classic sandbagging :-?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    imalive wrote:

thanks bochy.
    classic sandbagging :-?

Just doing the smart thing - taking as much pressure off of his team. He's a good manager - just has weird eyelashes.
    He's a good manager - just has weird eyelashes.
    and a bigger head than Bonds!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • "Because of track record, I think you would have to look at their staff as the best in baseball," Bochy told the San Francisco Chronicle. "I think everybody in the National League would tell you the road to the World Series has to go through Philadelphia, with the quality of their staff."

thanks bochy.

Looks like we have to go through Philly AGAIN! :)

thanks bochy.

Looks like we have to go through Philly AGAIN! :)

if want to be the best you have to beat the best. ;)
    www.myspace.com

current best is the Giants. Undisputed. :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

not according to your manager :lol:

i'm only bustin' your balls.......and i'm now anxiously awaiting an exclamation point filled retort from the uscsb guy :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • imalive wrote:

i'm only bustin' your balls.......and i'm now anxiously awaiting an exclamation point filled retort from the uscsb guy :mrgreen:

Well you set me up for it and you forgot team smiley... :mrgreen:

Just remember that your "best" has not done anything YET!! It should be a very interesting season in Philly !! I can't imagine what happens if those guys don't come through. :lol::lol:
  • In other news...

A group of self-described diabolical Giants fans are plotting to fund a huge banner that will fly over the LA Dodgers stadium during the first three games of the Major Baseball League season, starting March 31.

The group -- called the Faithful Supporters of the World Champion San Francisco Giants -- is tapping all fans to help raise money to fly a banner three miles above the Chavez Ravine stadium where the Dodgers play. The banner will read "Giants 2010 Champs: Beat LA," and fly over the stadium for the Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday games for an hour and 20 minutes.

"It is a great way to pay tribute to the World Champion San Francisco Giants while giving the other organization a taste of what it's like to be World Champions: something they haven't tasted since 1988," the group says on its Web site.

The group is asking for pledges to help pay for the team-spirited banner -- and members are already 52 percent toward their goal of $8,000.

"In this hostile environment, The World Champion San Francisco Giants will need the support of the World Champion San Francisco Giants Faithful," the Web site says.

SF Weekly's sister paper in Los Angeles is taking it hard. LA Weekly confirmed that the Dodgers stadium is a hostile environment, saying "damn right, wussies."

We will see you on the field.

LOVE IT!!
    imalive wrote:

Well you set me up for it and you forgot team smiley... :mrgreen:

Just remember that your "best" has not done anything YET!! It should be a very interesting season in Philly !! I can't imagine what happens if those guys don't come through. :lol::lol:

expectations have never been higher, that is for sure. good luck out west.
    www.myspace.com

expectations have never been higher, that is for sure. good luck out west.
    rematch!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I love andres torres. one of my favorites. the best part of the WS DVD is where andres is saying "he tol me he was going to heet it, he tol me he was going to heet it," after edgar's game 5 HR.

Here's what it meant to andres:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbre3J4kV3s

and I can't wait to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beImAskdyqQ

:mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Brian Wilson ... about to jump the shark ... (but the dude still cracks me up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjPwEulMZ_w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy2M3yxRIHA
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

I about spit my coffee out when he went for the c. 1990 cell phone! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    two and oh!

woo-hoo :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Got tix for the Dodgers home opener vs the Giants on March 31......my first opening day since I became a tax monkey in 1994!
  • imalive wrote:
    two and oh!

woo-hoo :mrgreen:

Woo Woo!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    jimed14 wrote:

he's a nice weapon as a closer, but he is a gigantic tool. talk about desperate for attention
    The Fixer wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

he's a nice weapon as a closer, but he is a gigantic tool. talk about desperate for attention

I would usually agree with this, but tool or not, baseball needs more weirdos like back in the 70s and 80s.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Not really a tool or desperate for attention, but definitely a weird one...

Read this...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/28/sport ... rianwilson
    The Fixer wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

I would usually agree with this, but tool or not, baseball needs more weirdos like back in the 70s and 80s.

philly would love him if he were our closer. i think the dude's funny....though the cell phone thing was stupid. wall street 2 beat him to that joke. yes, wall street 2. :lol:

did you see that prime 9 show on all time baseball characters yesterday? L.A came in a respectable 6th.
    www.myspace.com

did you see that prime 9 show on all time baseball characters yesterday? L.A came in a respectable 6th.
    L.A as in larry anderson :? ? in the future, please refrain from using those initials in this thread.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

L.A as in larry anderson :? ? in the future, please refrain from using those initials in this thread.

ha!---yeah larry anderson. my apologies. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:

ha!---yeah larry anderson. my apologies. :mrgreen:

One of my drunkest nights in my career was the result of hanging with L.A. at Kildare's on South Street (it was cinco de mayo). DE-STROYED. He was awesome.

I think Wilson is s huge douche. Orange cleats, dyed beard, stupid hand gestures, awful tattoos. yep, definition of tool
    The Fixer wrote:

I think Wilson is s huge douche. Orange cleats, dyed beard, stupid hand gestures, awful tattoos. yep, definition of tool
    yet, if he was a phillie you'd love him :lol: . as long as he's saving games, I have no problem with BW. remember, we were in a bad place post-nen. ty walker, dustin hermanson, matt herges, etc.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yet, if he was a phillie you'd love him :lol: . as long as he's saving games, I have no problem with BW. remember, we were in a bad place post-nen. ty walker, dustin hermanson, matt herges, etc.

I like the cleats. Would like the beard if it wasn't dyed. The hand gestures and tattoos are indeed terrible. With that said, OF COURSE I would love him if he was a Phil. It's like that with Hamels - tooootal puss, but he's my puss.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,369
    I like the cleats. Would like the beard if it wasn't dyed. The hand gestures and tattoos are indeed terrible. With that said, OF COURSE I would love him if he was a Phil. It's like that with Hamels - tooootal puss, but he's my puss.

Hamels is almost intimidating-looking with that 2-days shadow thing he's got going now.

I also think Wilson is a tool, and not that good to boot. Phils had an awesome comeback against him in regular season last year to ruin a Lincecum start. Something was wrong with that lineup (injuries, or I don't konw what) that they couldn't get to him.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16