*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

Comments

• imalive wrote:

I have all the 2008 DVD's that they put out.
    DVDs of who? :?

did the phillies do some commemorative 2nd place in the NL shit? :mrgreen:;)

take a second look...

Was this guy born yesterday? I take it you're more of a "Giants fan" than a "baseball fan."

phillies-parade-3.jpg

phillies-world-series-win-dogpile-425.jpg
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Pass interference my ass.

Miami will never let that one go. :lol:

i make no apologies. if we can have perfect games ruined, we can have pass interference calls, right or wrong. and i'm not admitting it was wrong.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,532
    imalive wrote:
    [take a second look...

Was this guy born yesterday? I take it you're more of a "Giants fan" than a "baseball fan."

phillies-parade-3.jpg

phillies-world-series-win-dogpile-425.jpg

imalive's a good dude. i'm sure he just typed that quickly without thinkg too much about it.
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,934
    imalive wrote:
    DVDs of who? :?

did the phillies do some commemorative 2nd place in the NL shit? :mrgreen:;)

take a second look...

imalive's a good dude. i'm sure he just typed that quickly without thinkg too much about it.
    ahhhhh....2008 :idea:

thanks, jeags.....you're a good dude too ((((( group hug ))))) :lol::lol:

the thing that struck me about our DVD was how masterful cain, bumgarner and timmy were (games 2, 4 & 5) against texas. those fuckers didn't stand a chance! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The 12 days of Christmas begin today, but who needs a partridge in a pear tree when we've got a Posey behind the plate?

To remember the most glorious weeks of Bay Area sports in 2010, we present 12 playoff numbers that gift-wrapped a World Series for San Francisco.

1 Aubrey Huff bunt: Huff's sacrifice bunt in the seventh inning of Game 5 of the World Series was the first of his 11-season career. It helped set the table for Edgar Renteria's three-run homer in the Giants' 3-1 title-clinching victory.

2 Cody Ross homers: Against the Phillies' "unhittable" Roy Halladay, Ross went deep twice in Game 1 of the NLCS. Ross, the unofficial MVP of the NLDS, would be the official MVP of the NLCS.

3 Freddy Sanchez doubles: In Game 1 of the World Series, Sanchez became the first player to hit three doubles in his first three World Series at-bats. Sanchez, like Huff and Ross, was a veteran ballplayer (nine seasons) in his first postseason.

4 One-run games: The Giants, who were 28-24 in one-run games during their torturous regular season, went 3-1 in one-run games in a torturous NLDS against the Braves.

5 Game 6 relievers: Jonathan Sanchez lost his cool and was pulled in the third inning of the final game of the NLCS. In came Jeremy Affeldt, Madison Bumgarner, Javier Lopez, Tim Lincecum and, for the five-out save, Brian Wilson. The quintet allowed zero runs in the 3-2 victory.

6 Brian Wilson saves: There was a lot more for foes to fear in the postseason than the beard. Wilson had a 0.00 ERA in 11 2/3 innings with 16 strikeouts and four walks. He saved each clinching game.

7 Two-out runs: With two outs in the eighth inning of Game 2 of the World Series, Buster Posey singled to start a seven-run rally that turned a 2-0 game into a blowout. The rally featured four straight walks on 19 pitches.

8 Shutout innings: At age 21, Madison Bumgarner won Game 4 of the World Series with eight innings of shutout ball, allowing one runner to reach second base.

9 Swings and misses: The Braves were never more baffled than in the second inning of NLDS Game 1, when Tim Lincecum struck out the side, all swinging all the time. He finished with 14 Ks in a two-hit shutout.

10 Seasons in waiting: Giants fans, owners and employees went through 10 bittersweet seasons before the team finally christened its beautiful ballpark by the bay with a world championship run in Season No. 11.

11 Different lineups:

Nobody knew what Bruce Bochy would do next. In 15 playoff games, he posted 11 different starting lineups (pitchers aside). Every move seemed to work out just right.

12 Runs allowed: Giants pitchers held an explosive Rangers lineup to 12 runs in the World Series - a fitting symbol for a championship built on one of the best pitching staffs in team history. Texas had scored 38 runs against the Yankees in a six-game ALCS.

If you prefer to sing, the last verse would go like this: On the twelfth day of Christmas the baseball gods brought to us, 12 runs allowed, 11 different lineups, 10 seasons in waiting, 9 swings and misses, 8 shutout innings, 7 two-out runs, 6 Brian Wilson saves, 5 Game 6 relievers, 4 one-run games, 3 Freddy Sanchez doubles, 2 Cody Ross homers and an Aubrey Huff bunt in Game 5 of the World Series.
    Thank you! ^^^^^^^ :mrgreen:

I watched the WS DVD again, yesterday......and was misting up again, yesterday. :shh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Man, for phillies fans who say the Yankees past championships don't mean shit, you guys really cling to 2008.
  • Does anybody expect anything less than another Giants-Phils NLCS next year? Phils fans should be stoked about getting Cliff Lee, but don't come into our thread and say that "nobody in philly cares about the giants", right after someone gleefully posts about the Lee signing in that same thread. Truth is, the Giants are the ONLY team the Phils fans are truly worried about next year.

Two best pitching staffs in the majors, hands down. See you guys in October.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Man, for phillies fans who say the Yankees past championships don't mean shit, you guys really cling to 2008.

They also cling to championships that have never happened!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:?
    i'm ready to cling to '11. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I got something for you to cling to. :mrgreen:

I was watching another Giants WS DVD the other night....there's some repeat stuff between DVDs....but as my sister-in-law said "you can't get enough of this shit." :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Which of the DVDs do you like the best? I've noticed there are 3 or 4 of them.
    Which of the DVDs do you like the best? I've noticed there are 3 or 4 of them.
    you can get an 8 disc set on amazon for $46. 7 entire games plus the WS DVD, which I've seen. it's on its way. I need to see the entire 9th inning of the last phils game again.

there's only one other I know of, besides those eight - "the magic inside." it's good. this one and the WS one are only about $13 apiece on amazon.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

I love how you edited that post because Philadelphia is full of shit! It's really too bad that you lost the NLCS but it's really time to get over it! GO GIANTS!!

I love how you edited that post because Philadelphia is full of shit! It's really too bad that you lost the NLCS but it's really time to get over it! GO GIANTS!!

that post was from christmas time dude. you've posted in this thread since then.

why are you like this?

seriously? is your intent to give san franciscans a bad name? i really don't get it. everyone else seems pretty cool...
    www.myspace.com

why are you like this?

seriously? is your intent to give san franciscans a bad name? i really don't get it. everyone else seems pretty cool...
    we don't have much practice with being cocky :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

why are you like this?

apparently.
    but calling us "cocksuckers" and telling us the city is "a piece of shit" though? that is just amateur hour material.
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:

why are you like this?

apparently.
    but calling us "cocksuckers" and telling us the city is "a piece of shit" though? that is just amateur hour material.
    agreed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

why are you like this?

apparently.

WHOA!!! :? Too much West Coast IPA for me last night! Looks like I got a little out of line in a few of these threads. Evident by the use of the word cocksucker in every single post :D My bad! I really do not think Philly is that bad. Hope you can forgive and maybe not take my posts so personal. I can get out of hand sometimes and it makes me look like a jackass :lol:

WHOA!!! :? Too much West Coast IPA for me last night! Looks like I got a little out of line in a few of these threads. Evident by the use of the word cocksucker in every single post :D My bad! I really do not think Philly is that bad. Hope you can forgive and maybe not take my posts so personal. I can get out of hand sometimes and it makes me look like a jackass :lol:
    stay classy, flipflop. otherwise, you might be mistaken for a fucking d**gers fan. :shock:
    p.s. I have a good d**ger fan joke. I'll have to post it later.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Going to be out in San Fran for a few days next week for work. Staying at either the Wyndham by Union Square or Hotel Triton at Grant and Bush I think. What should I do on a short stay? Bars?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Going to be out in San Fran for a few days next week for work. Staying at either the Wyndham by Union Square or Hotel Triton at Grant and Bush I think. What should I do on a short stay? Bars?
    PM sent.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

Thank goodness! I have a feeling he will have limited playing time this season. Maybe play a DeRosa or Tejada at third?

By the way, where is that Dodger joke? I need some new humor for Southern California. All these people talk about are the Fakers :)

By the way, where is that Dodger joke? I need some new humor for Southern California. All these people talk about are the Fakers :)
    OK....

3 fans are leaving AT&T Park, following a giants on dodgers beatdown. In the parking lot, they find a dead, nude woman. they call the SFPD. while waiting, they decide to cover the body, out of decency and modesty. one guy puts his giants hat on the woman's left breast. the second fan puts his giants hat on the right breast. the third guy covers the woman's private part with his dodgers hat.

after a while, SFPD shows up to take their statements. The cop then goes to examine the body. he picks up one giants hat, replaces it and writes a few notes in his notebook. he picks up the next giants hat, replaces it and writes a few more notes. finally he picks up the dodgers hat, replaces it and writes a few notes. the cop removes the dodgers hat again and writes a few more notes. he replaces it but removes it again and looks some more.

finally, one guy asks "what's up, man? you keep going back to her privates for more looks." the cop says, "you know, in all my years, that's the first time i've ever seen anything other than an asshole under a dodgers hat."

:lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

OK....

3 fans are leaving AT&T Park, following a giants on dodgers beatdown. In the parking lot, they find a dead, nude woman. they call the SFPD. while waiting, they decide to cover the body, out of decency and modesty. one guy puts his giants hat on the woman's left breast. the second fan puts his giants hat on the right breast. the third guy covers the woman's private part with his dodgers hat.

after a while, SFPD shows up to take their statements. The cop then goes to examine the body. he picks up one giants hat, replaces it and writes a few notes in his notebook. he picks up the next giants hat, replaces it and writes a few more notes. finally he picks up the dodgers hat, replaces it and writes a few notes. the cop removes the dodgers hat again and writes a few more notes. he replaces it but removes it again and looks some more.

finally, one guy asks "what's up, man? you keep going back to her privates for more looks." the cop says, "you know, in all my years, that's the first time i've ever seen anything other than an asshole under a dodgers hat."

:lol::lol:

THANK YOU :lol::lol:

Info on Fan Fest on February 5th...

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/f ... anfest.jsp
    This city looks awesome. Looking forward to the next few days.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Have a great trip! I hope by the end of your time here you will change your avatar to something a little more orange and black.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Have a great trip! I hope by the end of your time here you will change your avatar to something a little more orange and black.

I will be at opening day in L.A.......Not sure how the L.A. Fans will react to the champs!