The Great Movie Quotes Thread

Comments

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    edited February 2010
    MV5BMjU3MTQ4OTA0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFt-1.jpg
    Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?
    Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
    [laughs]
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
    Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
    Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
    Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.
    Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
    Henry Hill: Jus...
    Tommy DeVito: What?
    Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.
    Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
    Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
    Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
    Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!
    Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.
    Post edited by PearlOfAGirl on

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • g under p wrote:
    From one of my top 5 movies of all time...COOL HAND LUKE with it's #11 on the American Film Institute's Top 100.

Cool_Hand_Luke_Poster.gif

What we’ve got here is "failure to communicate".
    Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week.
    Which is the way he wants it.
    Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Video of the scene...Failure To Communicate

Rest of the top 100 Movie quotes...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_10 ... vie_Quotes

Peace

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Cool Hand Luke!!!

"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVXKOb5EE7Y @ 2:35
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    From another one of my alltime favorites with Clint Eastwood....KELLY'S HEROES

video from the scene....Maybe The Guy's A Republican

[the lone obstacle to the sought-after gold is a solitary tank guarding the bank]
    Crapgame: Then make a DEAL!
    Big Joe: What kind of deal?
    Crapgame: A DEAL, deal! Maybe the guy's a Republican. "Business is business," right?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    antonio_banderas-1124_thumb.jpg
    Antonio Banderas
    "it's easier to destroy than create"
    Desperado
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?
    Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
    [laughs]
    Tommy DeVito: What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
    Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
    Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
    Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.
    Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
    Henry Hill: Jus...
    Tommy DeVito: What?
    Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.
    Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
    Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
    Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
    Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!
    Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

The way Pesci says that kills me everytime.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • this thread is great!

Hooker: you wanna take me to a kung fu movie?
    Clarence Whirley: Three kung fu movies.
    hooker: sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

-and also:

Vincenzo Coccotti: Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavy-weight champion of Sicilian liars. From growing up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guys got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen... but, if you know them, like you know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to hell. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    this thread is great!

-and also:

Vincenzo Coccotti: Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavy-weight champion of Sicilian liars. From growing up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guys got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen... but, if you know them, like you know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to hell. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

Christopher fuckin' Walken.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dcfaithful wrote:
    this thread is great!

-and also:

i have this scene saved on my tivo...one of the greatest scenes in film history!
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    this thread is great!

-and also:

i have this scene saved on my tivo...one of the greatest scenes in film history!

True, it is awesome. But that movie has been a gold mine for all my friends who like to poke jabs at my Italian heritage. "Wop" is a thing of the past, now they never fail remind me of what I have running through my veins. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    From another alltime favorite with Deniro directed movie...A BRONX TALE

*C* asking whether or not his date was *THE ONE*....Here's the whole scene...A Bronx Tale: DOOR TEST :D Love that scene

Sonny: Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.
    Calogero 'C' Anello: Just like that?
    Sonny: Listen to me, kid. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast.

I did this on my first date with my fiance and before I could look through the rear window she had already unlocked my door with her hand when she could've done so electronically on her side. I knew then the possibilities with her were great and they were. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

A Bronx Tale

Priest: Don't be afraid, my son. No one is more powerful than God.

Calogero 'C' Anello: I don't know about that, father. Your guy may be bigger than my guy up there, but my guy is bigger than your guy down here.

Priest: Ya got a point.

Peace

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Let it Ride with Richard Dreyfus:

Jay Trotter: May I... buy you a drink?
    Mrs. Davis: I don't see why not. I'm on the pill.

Greenberg: She has very long legs.
    Vicki: Thanks. They go from my ass all the way to the floor.
  • g under p wrote:
    From another alltime favorite with Deniro directed movie...A BRONX TALE

*C* asking whether or not his date was *THE ONE*....Here's the whole scene...A Bronx Tale: DOOR TEST :D Love that scene

Sonny: Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.
    Calogero 'C' Anello: Just like that?
    Sonny: Listen to me, kid. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast.

I did this on my first date with my fiance and before I could look through the rear window she had already unlocked my door with her hand when she could've done so electronically on her side. I knew then the possibilities with her were great and they were. :D

Peace

Man, that one is AWESOME! That stuck with me with every girl I ever dated. And it has proven to be a good measure, even with the current future ex-Ms.JonnyPistachio. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Singles

Linda Powell: I was just nowhere near your neighborhood. Look, I don't need to be your girlfriend or anything. I just wanna know you again.
    Steve Dunne: What took you so long?
    Linda Powell: I was stuck in traffic.
    Singles

Linda Powell: I was just nowhere near your neighborhood. Look, I don't need to be your girlfriend or anything. I just wanna know you again.
    Steve Dunne: What took you so long?
    Linda Powell: I was stuck in traffic.

When I first watched that movie, that part made smile. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    MIDNIGHT RUN

http://tbird827.files.wordpress.com/200 ... t_run1.jpg

Jonathan Mardukas: I can't fly.
    Jack Walsh: What?
    Jonathan Mardukas: You heard me, I can't fly.
    Jack Walsh: No, no, no. You're going to have to do better than that, pal.
    Jonathan Mardukas: No, I don't have to do better than that, because it's the truth, I can't fly: I suffer from aviaphobia.
    Jack Walsh: What does that mean?
    Jonathan Mardukas: It means I can't fly. I also suffer from acrophobia and claustrophobia.
    Jack Walsh: I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from "fistophobia".

Alonzo Mosely: What should be of paramount importance to you right now is not the phone calls, it's the fact that you're gonna spend ten years for impersonating a federal agent.
    Jack Walsh: 10 years for impersonating a fed, uh?
    Alonzo Mosely: 10 years.
    Jack Walsh: How comes no one's after you?

Jonathan Mardukas: What's the name of this establishment?
    Red Wood: Red's Corner Bar.
    Jonathan Mardukas: Are you Red?
    Red Wood: Yes.
    Jonathan Mardukas: Do you dye your hair?
    Red Wood: No.
    [pause]
    Jonathan Mardukas: Why do they call you Red?
    Red Wood: It's short for Redwood. My last name's Wood.
    Jonathan Mardukas: What's your first name?
    Red Wood: Bill.

Jonathan Mardukas: Ever had sex with an animal, Jack?
    Jack Walsh: No, but I saw some tasty-looking chickens back at that barn over there.

Serrano's got the discs, Serrano's got the discs

[last lines]
    Jack Walsh: You wouldn't happen to have change of a thousand, would ya?
    Cab Driver: What are you, a comedian? Get out of here, ya bum!
    Jack Walsh: Well, looks like I'm walkin'.

Peace

• there's no crying in baseball
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Capt. Rodway: We each have our jobs. Now I'm a Marine. That means I do the serious work. You're a Navy Pilot. That means that you sit here and... eat jello
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    shining.jpg

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    n55230014192_9184.jpg
    i don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. i don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed -- you know, as a career, i don't want to do that.
  • Don't let Alan drive... there's something wrong with him...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    You're tearing Me Apart, Lisa!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • "My cat can eat a whole watermelon!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK1YOz7apOs
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Two manky hookers and a racist dwarf...

It's Jesus Christ's fuckin' blood, of course ye don't fuckin' HAVE te!

One gay beer for my gay friend and one normal beer, for me.

YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT!!!

ok, I retract the statement about your cunt fuckin' kids.

I love In Bruges :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    (Talking about Marcia Brady)
    Yeah, too bad she's harder to get in to than a Pearl Jam concert.

:S
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    - "Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. I'm looking for, like, an accomplice. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out? "

- "Let's never come here again because it will never be as much fun."

Lost in Translation
    Best In Show- I love Guest's understated, deadpan comedies:

[trying to coerce his son to get down from jumping off the roof]

Max Berman: I'll gouge your right eye out with my thumb, I shit you not, you little freak! Now, will you get down here? I'm gonna punch you in the eye till it turns to jelly! I'll stab you with forks till you bleed, how bout that?
    Brennan Huff: I'm going to take a pillowcase and fill it full of bars of soap and beat the shit out of you!

:Step Brothers
    This is classic (40 yr old Virgin)

Mooj: [talking to a customer] This is a great TV. Nothing beats a plasma.
    Jay: What are you doing? That's my customer.
    Mooj: It certainly is not. When I came upon her, she was unattended
    Jay: No, no, that's my... She was unattended because I went to the back to get the brochure she requested.
    Mooj: I apologize, but it's too late. The transaction is completed.
    Jay: Then you gonna give me half the commission.
    Mooj: You will receive none of the commission.
    Jay: I need to talk to Paula. This is crazy, man!
    Mooj: This is bullshit! Every time I make a sale, you go crying to Paula. How about... how about Jesse Jackson? Oh, Jesse, he needs a call...
    Jay: I'm sick of you poaching my customers.
    Mooj: I'm sick of your crybaby bullshit!
    Jay: You wanna take this shit outside? You wanna just take it outside and just squash it?
    Mooj: Let's stay inside so everybody can see what a pussy you have, okay? Because when I remove the blade I keep in my boot from its sheath, I cannot return it until it has spilt blood.
    Jay: Listen to me, listen to me! You are fucking with the wrong nigger.
    Mooj: Hey, hey! You are fucking with the wrong sand nigger, okay?
    Jay: I will hang your old ass by your turban!
    Mooj: [Mooj has a very definite Indian accent] Oh, turban, now! Do you see any fucking turban here? Do I talk like a turban guy? Do I say, "Hey, Jay, you want a slurpee? You want a slurpee?" Fuck you, okay? I was born in Brooklyn. Brooklyn, okay? My accent is a fucking Brooklyn accent, okay? Okay?
    Jay: All right, man. Calm down, dude! Look... you still covering my shift on Friday or what?
    Mooj: If I can keep this commission... with pleasure.
    Jay: Cool, man. All right, pops.
    [They hug; Jay leaves]
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    "Now, I want you to go in that bag and find my wallet"
    "Which one is it?"
    "It's the one that says Bad Mo Fo on it"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi64t3zhDRQ
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless