The Great Movie Quotes Thread

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    From one of my favorite movies... THE PROFESSIONAL

Léon: And stop saying "okay" all the time. Okay?
    Mathilda: Okay.
    Léon: Good.

Fatman: Somebody's coming up. Somebody serious.

Mathilda: Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?
    Léon: Always like this.

Stansfield: I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?
    Malky: I couldn't really say.

Mathilda: Leon, what exactly do you do for a living?
    Léon: [Leon] Cleaner.
    Mathilda: You mean you're a hit man?
    Léon: [reluctantly] Yeah.
    Mathilda: Cool.

Mathilda: Do you "clean" anyone?
    Léon: No women, no kids, that's the rules.
    Mathilda: How much would it cost to hire someone to get those dirtbags who killed my brother?
    Léon: Five grand a head.
    Mathilda: Wow. How about this: I work for you; in exchange, you teach me how to clean. Hmmm? What do you think? I'll clean your place, I'll do the shopping, I'll even wash your clothes. Is it a deal?

Mathilda: I've decided what to do with my life. I wanna be a cleaner.
    Léon: You wanna be a cleaner?
    [passes her a gun and bullets]
    Léon: Here, take it. It's a goodbye gift. Go clean. But not with me. I work alone, understand? Alone.
    Mathilda: Bonnie and Clyde didn't work alone. Thelma and Louise didn't work alone. And they were the best.

Léon: The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn.

Mathilda: You killed my brother.
    Stansfield: I'm sorry. And you want to join him?
    Mathilda: No.
    Stansfield: It's always the same thing. It's when you start to become really afraid of death that you learn to appreciate life. Do you like life, sweetheart?
    Mathilda: Yes.
    Stansfield: That's good, because I take no pleasure in taking life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it.

Norman Stansfield: Bring me everyone.
    Benny: What do you mean "everyone"?
    Norman Stansfield: EVERYONE.

[to receptionist after being asked about her father (Leon)]
    Mathilda: He's not my father. He's my lover.

Orphanage Headmistress: Now tell me what happened to you.
    Mathilda: OK. My family they got shot down by D.E.A. officers because of a drug problem. I left with the greatest guy on earth. He was a hitman, the best in town, but he died this morning. And if you don't help me, I'll be dead by tonight.

Mathilda: Leon, I think I'm kinda falling in love with you.
    [Leon chokes on his milk]
    Mathilda: It's the first time for me, you know?
    Léon: [wiping himself off] How do you know it's love if you've never been in love before?
    Mathilda: 'Cause I feel it.
    Léon: Where?
    Mathilda: [stoking her stomach] In my stomach. It's all warm. I always had a knot there and now... it's gone.
    Léon: Mathilda, I'm glad you don't have a stomach ache any more. I don't think it means anything.

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Koufax kicks. He delivers.

It's up the middle, it's a base hit.

Richardson's rounding first!
    He's going for second!

The ball's in to deep right center!

Davidson, over in the corner,
    cuts the ball off!

Here comes the throw.
    Richardson's around the dirt!

He slides, he's in there.
    He's safe! It's a double!

He's in there, Martini!
    Look at Richardson, he's on second base.

Koufax is in big fucking trouble!
    Big trouble, baby!

All right, here's Tresh.
    He's the next batter!

Tresh looks in. Koufax...

Koufax gets the sign from Roseboro!
    He kicks once, he pumps...

It's a strike! Koufax's curve ball is
    snapping off like a fucking firecracker.

Here he comes with the next pitch.

Tresh swings!
    It's a long fly ball to deep left center!

It's going! It's gone!

Somebody give me a fucking wiener
    before I die.
    Nice shirt.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The Professional is one of the greatest, underrated movies of all-time. This is the best of the quotes you posted:

Stansfield: It's always the same thing. It's when you start to become really afraid of death that you learn to appreciate life. Do you like life, sweetheart?
    Stansfield: That's good, because I take no pleasure in taking life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Merry Christmas!
    Shitter was full!

Merry+Christmas,+shitter+was+full.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    There is no crying in baseball!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Scent of a Woman:
    Trask: Mr. Sims, you are a cover-up artist and you are a liar.
    Frank Slade: But not a snitch!
    Trask: Excuse me?
    Frank Slade: No, I don't think I will.
    Trask: Mr. Slade!
    Frank Slade:This is such a crock of shit!
    Trask: Please watch your language, Mr. Slade. You are in the Baird School not the barracks. Now Mr. Sims I will give you one final opportunity to speak up.
    Frank Slade: Mr. Sims doesn't want it. He doesn't need to be labeled, "...still worthy of being a 'Baird Man.'" What the hell is that? What is your motto here? Boys, inform on your classmates, save your hide. Anything short of that we're gonna burn you at the stake? Well, gentlemen. When the shit hits the fan, some guys run and some guys stay. Here's Charlie--facing the fire, and there's George--hiding in big Daddy's pocket. And what are you doing? You're gonna reward George, and destroy Charlie.
    Trask: Are you finished, Mr. Slade?
    Frank Slade: No. I'm just gettin' warmed up. I don't know who went to this place--William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryan, William Tell--whoever. Their spirit is dead; if they ever had one, it's gone. You're building a rat ship here. A vessel for sea-going snitches. And if you think your preparing these "minnows" for manhood, you better think again. Because I say you are killing the very spirit this institution proclaims it instills! What a sham! What kind of show are you guys puttin' on here today? I mean, the only class in this act is sittin' next to me. And I'm here to tell you, this boy's soul is intact. It is non-negotiable. You know how I know? Because someone here--I'm not gonna say who--offered to buy it. Only Charlie here wasn't selling.
    Mr.Trask: Sir, you are out of order!
    Frank Slade: Out of order, I'll show you out of order! You don't know what out of order is Mr. Trask! I'd show you but I'm too old, I'm too tired, and I'm too fuckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a flame-thrower to this place. Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talking to!? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen, boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there is nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot-soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say "you are executing his soul!" And why? Because he's not a Baird man. Baird men, you hurt this boy, you're going to be Baird Bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, fuck you too!
    Mr. Trask: Stand down Mr. Slade!
    Frank Slade: I'm not finished! As I came in here, I heard those words...cradle of leadership. Well, when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here, it has fallen! Makers of men, creators of leaders, be careful what kind of leaders you're producing here. I don't know if Charlie's silence here today is right or wrong; I'm no judge or jury. But I can tell you this; he won't sell anybody out to buy his future! And that, my friends, is called integrity. That's called courage. Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of. (pause) Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie; he's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle, that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey. You hold this boy's future in your hands, committee! It's a valuable future. Believe me! Don't destroy it...protect it...embrace it. It's gonna make you proud one day...I promise you.

The Shawshank Redemption:
    "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'....that's goddamn right"
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Davidtrios wrote:
    The Professional is one of the greatest, underrated movies of all-time. This is the best of the quotes you posted:

Absolutely and it's TRUE when you're a killer. I love hitmen movies I saw that film 7 times in the movie theatre, the only movie I've done so.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

jimed14 wrote:
    Merry Christmas!
    Shitter was full!

Merry+Christmas,+shitter+was+full.jpg

There are rumors of another Vacation movie...I hope it comes to fruition. Chevy Chase is back, baby!
    Sorry folks, park's closed.

The moose out front should have told ya.

stop.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face"
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

• "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you!" :mrgreen:
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    There was nothing easy about those fly balls, Ahmad. They were tough chances! The sun was in your eyes!

Don't give me none of your honky bullshit, Buttermaker. I know they were easy.

Let's not bring race into this, Ahmad. We got enough problems as it is.

Engleberg?

What?

That is a bunt - B-U-N-T. The catcher is supposed to pick up the bunt and throw it to first base.

Well, how was I supposed to know? You made such a big deal yelling out to them.

Diversionary tactic, Engleberg. Now get the ball...

Now get back to the stands before I shave off half your mustache and shove it up your left nostril.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    " Lord it's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

It's a small world when you've got unbelievable tits Roy.

Tanqueray and Tab and keep 'em comin'. Do me a favor, will you? Would you mind washing off that perfume before you come back to our table?

Hey, Herbie! How's life?
    Taking forever.

It must be hard to spank your monkey.
    You have a monkey?

Hey Roy, can you get sick from drinking piss?
    I think you can.
    Even if its your own?
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I still laugh when I see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8tVxk6Nj4 :lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • "I want you to understand that this man at the wheel is my attorney. He's not just some dingbat I found on the strip, man. He's a foreigner. I think he's probably Samoan. But that doesn't matter, though, does it? Are you prejudiced?"
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!"
    "This is what happens when you feed a stoner nachos" (TV version).

pulp fiction is just chock full of them....

"what ain't no country i ever heard of. they speak english in what?"

"does he look like a bitch!?!"

"bring out the gimp..."
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Orgazmo:

"I'm not a superhero! I'm a Latter-Day Saint!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!"

never heard that one before. the TV edit that I've heard is "This is what happens when you FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    ARMAGEDDON 1998

Truman: So what's the verdict?
    Harry Stamper: They'll do it. They've made a few requests though.
    Truman: Such as?
    Harry Stamper: [riffles through sheets of paper] Well, there's uh, few things here, uh... nothin' really big, uh, just- Well, as an example, uh, uh, Oscar here, he's got some outstanding parking tickets. Wants them wiped off his record.
    Oscar: [shouting from balcony] Fifty-six tickets in seven states...
    Harry Stamper: [to Oscar] I'll-I'll tell 'em Oscar, you got it.
    Oscar: Okay.
    Harry Stamper: Uh, Noonan's got two women friends that he'd like to see made American citizens no questions asked. Max would like you to... bring back eight-track tapes. Not sure if that's gonna work, but, uh, let's see what else. Um, Chick wants a full week's Emperor's Package at Caesar's Palace. Um - hey, you guys wouldn't be able to tell us who actually killed Kennedy, would ya?
    [pause, turns and shakes his head]
    Harry Stamper: Um, Bear would like to stay at the...
    [tries to read writing]
    Harry Stamper: "White horse"?
    [looks up at Bear]
    Bear: White, *House*. White House.
    Harry Stamper: White House. Yeah, he'd like to stay in the Lincoln bedroom of the White House for the summer. Stuff like that.
    Truman: Sure, I think we can, uh, take care of... some of that.
    Rockhound: [shouting from balcony] Harry!
    Harry Stamper: [motions back at Rockhound] Yeah one more thing, um... none of them wanna pay taxes again.
    [pauses]
    Harry Stamper: Ever!

Peace

Rommel, you magnificent bastard! I read your BOOK!!
    From one of my top 5 movies of all time...COOL HAND LUKE with it's #11 on the American Film Institute's Top 100.

Cool_Hand_Luke_Poster.gif

What we’ve got here is "failure to communicate".
    Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week.
    Which is the way he wants it.
    Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Video of the scene...Failure To Communicate

Rest of the top 100 Movie quotes...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_10 ... vie_Quotes

Peace

• We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit! :D
  • toodeetoodee Posts: 89
    Bill S. Preston Esq: "Be Excellent to each other"
    Theodore "Ted" Logan: "Party on Dudes!"

Words to base a life philosophy on :lol:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana Jones: Its not the years honey. Its the mileage.

Indiana Jones: Meet me at Omar's. Be ready for me. I'm going after that truck.
    Sallah: How?
    Indiana Jones: I don't know. I'm making this up as I go.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Gaear Grimsrud: Where is pancakes house?
    Carl Showalter: What?
    Gaear Grimsrud: We stop at pancakes house.
    Carl Showalter: ...what're you nuts? We had pancakes for breakfast. Gotta go to a place I can get a shot and a beer, steak, maybe, not more fuckin' pancakes, c'mon.
    Gaear Grimsrud: [Gaear just stares at Carl]
    Carl Showalter: Oh, come on, man! Okay, here's an idea; we can stop outside of Brainerd, I know a place there we can get laid. Whaddya think?
    Gaear Grimsrud: I'm fucking hungry now, you know!
    Carl Showalter: Yeah yeah Jesus, I'm sayin' - we can... stop, get pancakes and then we'll get laid, alright?
    Gaear Grimsrud: [Gaear glares briefly]
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Cinderella Man - worst title of all-time but a damn good movie:

Joe Gould: Jesus H. Christ! Jesus Mary and Joseph! All the saints and martyrs and Jesus! Did I mention Jesus?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    The Big Lebowski:

Maude showing The Dude the porno revealing Bunny's past...:

Guy from porno: "Hi, I heard there was a problem with your cable?"

Maude turns off the TV: "You can imagine where it goes from here."
    The Dude: "He fixes the cable?"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!"

pulp fiction is just chock full of them....

"what ain't no country i ever heard of. they speak english in what?"

"does he look like a bitch!?!"

"bring out the gimp..."

"Giving a woman a foot massage and sticking your tongue in the holiest of holy's aint the same ballpark, it's not the same league, it ain't even the same fucking sport!"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

usualsuspects_l.jpg

And like that ... *poof* ... he's gone.