SMOKERS STINK!

12346»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hey!!!! I AM trying to quit. Leave me alone. Ya big meanine!!!

god speed mick
    so far so good. Year and 5 months. Sometimes though the smell of a lit cig will catch me the right way. Just gotta keep on keepin on.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I would personally way rather smell cigarette smoke or someone who just smoked than smell someone with rank B.O., but I don't see anyone trying to keep them off public transit or make them stand 6 meters from others. TONS of other things stink enough for me to feel a bit sick. Lots of noises out there in the world really bother me too. But I don't expect everyone to stop making noise.... Sometimes I think people really need to make more of an effort at tolerance.

cigarette smoke probably makes me just as sick as whatever "other things" make you sick. loud noises don't give other people cancer.

and i'd welcome B.Ol in place of cigarette smoke actually. i'll take a dirty fart over stank ass cigarette smoke too.
    www.myspace.com
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    DS1119 wrote:
    This is one habit I'm glad never stuck with me. ANd being in the car business...smokers have no idea how much it affects your car's value. That smell never comes out...and we notice and so do customers.
    and even if you don't smoke in the actual car, but if you smell like smoke before you get in it, the car will still smell. It's crazy how much the smell lingers. Whenever my mom sends me something in the mail I can tell as soon as I open up the mailbox :?
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I would personally way rather smell cigarette smoke or someone who just smoked than smell someone with rank B.O., but I don't see anyone trying to keep them off public transit or make them stand 6 meters from others. TONS of other things stink enough for me to feel a bit sick. Lots of noises out there in the world really bother me too. But I don't expect everyone to stop making noise.... Sometimes I think people really need to make more of an effort at tolerance.

cigarette smoke probably makes me just as sick as whatever "other things" make you sick. loud noises don't give other people cancer.

and i'd welcome B.Ol in place of cigarette smoke actually. i'll take a dirty fart over stank ass cigarette smoke too.
    The smell of smoke on people's clothes doesn't give you cancer either... and loud noise can damage your hearing. ;) Anyway, the point is that we all need to try for tolerance of things others do that we may not find pleasant, whatever that may be, IMO. Just seems like life to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    The smoker always smells worse than the smoke itself.

I'm not one to bitch and moan about someone who smokes. Gotta do what makes you happy. And besides...they keep me employed! :D I'm working on a few non small cell cancer studies right now. :thumbup:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Get me another, it's gonna be a long day
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    isnt it funny how marijuana smoke isnt as intrusive as tobacco smoke.
    yeah--all smoke has an accompanying odor,
    but the weed just smells so good sometimes
    while the tobacco just smells so stale and bad..

:wtf:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • My boss is a really heavy smoker, and his breath is indescribably foul - mixed with all the coffee he drinks (another disgusting smell on people's breath!) it never fails to make me heave. To make matters worse he's a really bad space invader, and rather than getting right to the point he will waffle on right up in my face for a few minutes at a time - usually when I'm trying to eat my lunch! I literally have to turn my head for breaths of clean air while he's talking. How can someone have so little self-awareness?
  • you undrestand the difference when you smoking and then you quit
    the first 6 months when i quit it,i want to puke when i smell it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    My boss is a really heavy smoker, and his breath is indescribably foul - mixed with all the coffee he drinks (another disgusting smell on people's breath!) it never fails to make me heave. To make matters worse he's a really bad space invader, and rather than getting right to the point he will waffle on right up in my face for a few minutes at a time - usually when I'm trying to eat my lunch! I literally have to turn my head for breaths of clean air while he's talking. How can someone have so little self-awareness?
    So is this why you call yourself facepollution?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Another, please
  • Vedda11Vedda11 Posts: 35
    I actually had no idea how smelly I was when I was smoking cigs :o ... Its funny how the smell becomes more pronounced when one stops smoking. Oh well, I am not one to trample on anyones right to smoke, however I am pretty damn happy that I havn't touched one since May of 2008!!! yeah. :mrgreen:
    Nothing said what a waste :)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Vedda11 wrote:
    I am pretty damn happy that I havn't touched one since May of 2008!!! yeah. :mrgreen:

Good for you. I just look at how expensive a pack of cigarettes is these days. My goodness. :shock:
  • Vedda11Vedda11 Posts: 35
    DS1119 wrote:
    Vedda11 wrote:
    I am pretty damn happy that I havn't touched one since May of 2008!!! yeah. :mrgreen:

Good for you. I just look at how expensive a pack of cigarettes is these days. My goodness. :shock:

Oh yes...and the price is extra high in New York State. My husband and I quit together...right before the last tax increase that was put in place by NYS. I think in most areas a pack name brand cigs will run you over $10.
    Nothing said what a waste :)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Vedda11 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Vedda11 wrote:

Oh yes...and the price is extra high in New York State. My husband and I quit together...right before the last tax increase that was put in place by NYS. I think in most areas a pack name brand cigs will run you over $10.

Yeah I'm in NYS as well. It's about 10 bucks here to in Smalbany. I also see cigs advertised at the "state minimum" price which I don't know what that means but evidently it's the government trying to regulate smoking through price I guess.
    We're creeping our way towards New York prices

That's what I tell customers... :lol:

$8.01 for a pack of Marlboro
  • DS1119 wrote:
    This is one habit I'm glad never stuck with me. ANd being in the car business...smokers have no idea how much it affects your car's value. That smell never comes out...and we notice and so do customers.
    and even if you don't smoke in the actual car, but if you smell like smoke before you get in it, the car will still smell. It's crazy how much the smell lingers. Whenever my mom sends me something in the mail I can tell as soon as I open up the mailbox :?

Oh gosh, yes - the smell totally lingers. My boss at my old job would pick up work orders on his way home, so they'd sit in his car with him smoking all the way home and back to office. The smell would never air out of those papers. Disgusting.

I've grown completely intolerant to the smell of cigarettes. I have no idea how we all dealt with it for so many years. Now, I get pissed if I end up walking behind a smoker on my way to work. I don't want any of that odor to cling to me.

But, I still like clove cigarettes. And, I'm still pissed at Obama for banning them.
    I carried a watermelon
    So we used to have a smoker stall thing that was a good 50 yards to the left of the front door to our building. Recently we moved to the other side of the building (place is humongous) and now the smoker stall is literally about a 30 foot walk directly out of the door. No escaping it. Have to walk right past those smelly people going in and out of the office every day. Why on earth would someone decide that would be an acceptable place for a smoker stall? So annoying.

And yes---same people, every hour on the hour out for a smoke break.

GET TO WORK!
    www.myspace.com
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Posts: 2,572
    Not entirely sure why I just read through this entire thread, but as someone working on quitting the cigarettes (but not the weed, lol), all I can say is wow. Just, wow, and not in a good way. As was mentioned upthread, if other groups were talked about the way smokers have been here, it would be utterly unacceptable.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022

Not entirely sure why I just read through this entire thread, but as someone working on quitting the cigarettes (but not the weed, lol), all I can say is wow. Just, wow, and not in a good way. As was mentioned upthread, if other groups were talked about the way smokers have been here, it would be utterly unacceptable.

Good for you. I hope you succeed in quitting.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    greatest thing for bars and restaurants was banning smoking. i remember bars and restaurants in the Philly area bitching that it would kill their business when it was proposed a decade or so ago and yet they are thriving these days. and i can't even imagine back in the day being on an airplane when smoking was allowed. dear god that had to be awful.