SMOKERS STINK!

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    wow...3 pages already!

beat it smokers! :mrgreen::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I am a smoker and I can see your point, especially when it rains the smoke seems to really stick to me for some reason.

Where do we draw the line though? Today its smokers who stink like smoke, tomorrow its perfumes and cologne that offends in the office. How about people who drink coffee all day and have nasty breath when they talk to you. How about the people microwaving Indian, fish etc.. food in the kitchen(that smell alone makes me want to puke).

going out for a smoke now ;)
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    the littering is my main issue

the stank is secondary... if someone wants to smell like burning ass then that's up to them

but why do they think it's ok to throw trash wherever they want?
  • i'm officially not satisfied with them not being allowed to smoke in public buildings. after putting up with this huge ashtray of a man who has sat next to me at work for the past year, i am now in favor of them being forced to work in their own blocked off little area of the office. this dude who sits next to me goes outside for a smoke break at least 2-3 times an hour and he REEKS. its so bad i am going to be getting a little fan for my desk to aim in his direction. it's disgusting.

i've never understood how smokers can't realize how bad they smell. if i smoked i would have axe or some other body spray on call at all times.

ever since i can remember i have hated the smell of cigarette smoke so perhaps this bugs me more than most people. but does anyone else have this problem at work or something? it actually affects my day to day activities. i'll be on the phone with someone and this guy will walk past me after taking a smoke break and the smell just hits me like a ton of bricks and i lose my train of thought.

naturally i am kidding about them having to work in their own section. i just needed a few minutes to vent. this is something that really gets under your jeagler's skin though. :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

YES!
    :twisted:

seriously, i AM a former smoker, and i cannot believe i went around 20 years of my life smelling like that!

there is this woman at work - who also is a mega-bitch so just adds to her appeal :roll: - and she is at the end of my cube row so i must walk past her cube every time i need to go anywhere in the office, which is often. she is disgusting! she totally REEKS! it's almost like pigpen from charlie brown, it's like an aura of smoke and stink surrounding her. EVERYbody comments on it. nasty. she goes out like once an hour, definitely has more than one ciggie - and comes back and stinks! scary thing too...she has to go all the way outside, then come up 32 floors, and the stink is still on her! i think it sticks to some people more than others for whatever reason, b/c other smokers in the office don't smell nearly as bad. you can actually tell if she has walked where you are, there's a smoke stink trail. she also makes nasty, phelgmy coughs all day long. she is just gross.

my mom, at almost 82 now! - is still a smoker. when we pick her up to take her places, when she first enters the car can smell the smoke...her condo smells like smoke...but otherwise, she is not nearly as bad.

it really is nasty to deal with all day long at work. so i feel for ya jeags and empathize.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    the best way to "get" these stinky coworkers is to point out to the manager how much time they're spending outside

hopefully stinky won't realize how much time YOU spend on a message board ;)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    my co-worker smokes weed all day long.
    he actually smells quite good to me.
    http://www.marijuanastrains.com/superskunk.html
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:

mj smells awesome.
    :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

chadwick wrote:

mj smells awesome.

see, I think that disgusting, that smell bothers me to no end but I would never cry about it.

www.seanbrady.net
    yoke wrote:

see, I think that disgusting, that smell bothers me to no end but I would never cry about it.

you're not a smoker of the green magic dragon?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • It literaly makes me sick. I am allergic.
    Also I agree on those butts being thrown out the car window it drives me crazy! I always want to run over and flick it back in their car when I see people do that. It's rude. At almost every stoplight in my city, if you are stopped and look down att he curb it is FILLED with nasty butts. Put 'em in your ashtray assholes!

Also, I think the only time I ever smacked my Dad was when I saw him put out a cig on the beach and stick it in the sand. Smacked him right in the back of the head. Nuthing worse that sitting on the beach, enjoying the view, and just when you go dig you rtoes in the warm sand, you get a butt between the toes! yuk!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    A guy I worked with up until 2 years ago was always going on about the disgusting smell of smoke on people. He thought it was funny to lift one leg and fart loudly. That was OK to him.

I don't like it when people smell of:

Garlic
    Onions
    Curry
    Cheap perfume
    Aftershave
    Booze

I just don't spend my time whining about it.
    It literaly makes me sick. I am allergic.
    Also I agree on those butts being thrown out the car window it drives me crazy! I always want to run over and flick it back in their car when I see people do that. It's rude. At almost every stoplight in my city, if you are stopped and look down att he curb it is FILLED with nasty butts. Put 'em in your ashtray assholes!

Also, I think the only time I ever smacked my Dad was when I saw him put out a cig on the beach and stick it in the sand. Smacked him right in the back of the head. Nuthing worse that sitting on the beach, enjoying the view, and just when you go dig you rtoes in the warm sand, you get a butt between the toes! yuk!

yeah people who litter their butts should be shot.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    yoke wrote:

Ganga reeks but well worth it :D
  • yoke wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

mj smells awesome.

this is a message board....so basically, the real-life equivalent of a seinfeld episode. we spend our time talking about nothing here. whinging about shit in life is a big part of that. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

chadwick wrote:

Shot??? thats a little harsh how about fined? I try not to toss my butts, it happens though. I live by the beach, I take my butts with me when I leave, also when I am out I usually strip the head off and stick the filter in my pocket or whatever I have handy for trash. When you have a filter in your pocket it smells awesome so I will have someone cry that I smell like smoke, see no win situation.

www.seanbrady.net
    yoke wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Shot??? thats a little harsh how about fined? I try not to toss my butts, it happens though. I live by the beach, I take my butts with me when I leave, also when I am out I usually strip the head off and stick the filter in my pocket or whatever I have handy for trash. When you have a filter in your pocket it smells awesome so I will have someone cry that I smell like smoke, see no win situation.

yeah shot.
    and hung, beat, drowned, tar and feathered.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

this is a message board....so basically, the real-life equivalent of a seinfeld episode. we spend our time talking about nothing here. whinging about shit in life is a big part of that. :mrgreen:

ha, yeah I agree... I am just killing time until I have to go out and plow again for another 20+ hours.

www.seanbrady.net
  • chadwick wrote:
    yoke wrote:

i am :mrgreen:
    chadwick wrote:
    yoke wrote:

nicely done Sir.
    ((((((puff puff pass))))))

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    chadwick wrote:
    yoke wrote:

me too ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    chadwick wrote:

yeah shot.

Agreed. When you fine or ticket someone, they have a chance to challenge it in court AND will just keep littering when they think nobody is looking. Shot dead is a situation resolved.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    me too ;):mrgreen:

I've seen dragons after three or four...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Took my hoodie off after my band practice the other day and it smelled lik Bigfoot's dick. Thats with one guy smokin. Dunno how we could stand it a year ago with 4.
    eyedclaar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

yeah shot.

Agreed. When you fine or ticket someone, they have a chance to challenge it in court AND will just keep littering when they think nobody is looking. Shot dead is a situation resolved.

and the model smith/wesson 357 magnum would be the tool of justice.
    litter cigarette butts and get blasted upside the head.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    eyedclaar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

yeah shot.

guess I should start driving with my gun now for protection 8-)

www.seanbrady.net
    DewieCox wrote:
    Took my hoodie off after my band practice the other day and it smelled lik Bigfoot's dick. Thats with one guy smokin. Dunno how we could stand it a year ago with 4.

you've smelled bigfoots dick??

www.seanbrady.net
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Would he wear some Axe if you bought it for him? He might take some chicks away from the Jeagler, though ;)
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    i agree cigarette smoke makes me ill.

Third-hand smoke also bad for you: study

By AFP - Tue Feb 9, 2:20 AM PST
    WASHINGTON (AFP) - You know smoking is bad for you. You know inhaling someone else's smoke is bad for you. Now a US study says third-hand smoke -- tobacco residue clinging to surfaces -- is also bad for you. When a cigarette burns, nicotine is released in the form of a vapor that collects and condenses on indoor surfaces such as walls, carpeting, drapes and furniture, where it can linger for months, said the study, which was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).(AFP/File/Paul J. Richards)
    When a cigarette burns, nicotine is released in the form of a vapor that collects and condenses on indoor surfaces such as walls, carpeting, drapes and furniture, where it can linger for months, said the study, which was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).

"Our study shows that when this residual nicotine reacts with ambient nitrous acid it forms carcinogenic tobacco-specific nitrosamines, or TSNAs," said Hugo Destaillats, a corresponding author of the study.

"TSNAs are among the most broadly acting and potent carcinogens present in unburned tobacco and tobacco smoke," he said.

The most likely human exposure to TSNAs is through either inhalation of dust or the contact of skin with carpet or clothes -- making third-hand smoke particularly dangerous to infants and toddlers.

Opening a window or turning on a fan to air out a room while a cigarette burns does not eliminate the hazard of third-hand smoke. Smoking outdoors doesn't help much either.

"Smoking outside is better than smoking indoors but nicotine residues will stick to a smoker's skin and clothing," said Lara Gundel, a co-author of the study.

"Those residues follow a smoker back inside and get spread everywhere. The biggest risk is to young children," she said.

"Dermal uptake of the nicotine through a child's skin is likely to occur when the smoker returns and if nitrous acid is in the air, which it usually is, then TSNAs will be formed."

Substantial levels of TSNAs were also found in the truck of a heavy smoker, the study says, adding that most vehicle engines emit some nitrous acid that can infiltrate the passenger compartment of a vehicle.

Researchers from the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory led the study, which they say is the first to quantify the reactions of third-hand smoke with nitrous acid.

http://health.yahoo.com/news/afp/health ... 02313.html
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    yoke wrote:
    I am a smoker and I can see your point, especially when it rains the smoke seems to really stick to me for some reason.

Where do we draw the line though? Today its smokers who stink like smoke, tomorrow its perfumes and cologne that offends in the office. How about people who drink coffee all day and have nasty breath when they talk to you. How about the people microwaving Indian, fish etc.. food in the kitchen(that smell alone makes me want to puke).

going out for a smoke now ;)

If I had co-workers who were made sick by perfume, I wouldn't wear purfume to work. My mom is chemically allergic, so I don't wear scented lotion, burn candles, etc. when I know she'll be around. Seems like basic respect for others to me.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    yoke wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

you've smelled bigfoots dick??

No, but I've smell Sex Panther to know what it smells like. Not unlike pure gasoline or a turd covered in burnt hair.