SMOKERS STINK!

Comments

• I was just going to let this go, but....one more.
    The same thing happened in the smoking during pregnancy thread – I ended up defending something I don’t support, out of frustration at the lack of compassion and empathy. I’ve noticed that I end up doing this virtually alone – the smokers are so beaten down that they’re afraid to try to defend themselves. (still, I don’t see anyone here ‘freaking out’ about being called stinky – like this is news to a smoker :roll: )
    I’ll say again – I don’t smoke. I used to, so I see both sides. I have actually become really sensitive to second hand smoke, and yes, the smell grosses me out too. I just get annoyed by how dramatic people are about this topic. Smokers have been long relegated to a frowned upon sub-species, and most go out of their way to try to keep you people happy. Sure, there are bad apples, and sure, SOME of you do have actual health issues with THIRD hand smoke….but like I said…the indignation is totally disproportionate to the harm and hassle. A two second wiff of third hand smoke does not a victim make. :roll: Smokers are an easy target, and criticizing them as a whole is an easy way for people to feel superior.

Vdub – I acknowledged that kitchens and food prep are different; I have no problem regulating clean hands in that environment. But in pretty much any other workplace, it’s total overkill IMO. Yes – courtesy should go both ways.
    Scb – If the rules at your workplace are no smoking; so be it. I think it’s ridiculous to not give smokers a place, outdoors, to do their thing…but that’s not my call.

Until smoking is an illegal activity, or banned altogether from the workplace, we need to find happy mediums and not just shit on the minority at every turn, just because it seems to be becoming more and more socially acceptable to do so.

Thank you D.O. you seem to be the only voice of reason on this whole thread. I smoke and I do everything I possibly can so it doesn't effect others. When Im at work i go to the side of the building and Im also like 50' away from it. I also have a little can of ozium that I spray on my clothes. then when I go back inside I also wash my hands. I do this because I dont want to smell like smoke because it does stink, but so do hippies that don't bathe or use deodorant,but it's their god damn right if they want to live like that and Im not going to say a word to them because I believe in personal freedom of choice to live YOUR LIFE HOW YOU WISH TO LIVE IT, as long as you are not PHYSICALLY HARMING OTHERS.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,204
    Smoker's do stink. And kissing one that smokes is disgusting.

*ducks for cover
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    demetrios wrote:

*ducks for cover
    I don't know I think that would depend on just who that smoker was ;)sq-pearl-jam-vedder-smiles-.jpg
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,204
    edited February 2010
    pandora wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

*ducks for cover
    I don't know I think that would depend on just who that smoker was ;)sq-pearl-jam-vedder-smiles-.jpg

True! But doing tongue push ups & the twist and shout, I would totally faint out with a smoker. :lol:
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • I smoke cigars....my wife makes me close both doors on the back of the house so the smell doesn't come in from the Sun Porch

:P
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    pandora wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

*ducks for cover

I concur!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    stinky smokers :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I bet that was an adorable Eddie pic...
    what was that about tongue push ups again ;):lol:

I am not sensitive to cigarette smoke nor cigar nor pot...

but I am sensitive to the person, and enjoy their company no matter.

Look what I would miss if I wasn't!
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    it's the littering that i have the biggest problem with
    it's the littering that i have the biggest problem with

especially on beaches.

disgusting. :thumbdown:
    www.myspace.com
  • Resurrecting dead threads that haven't had a reply in about a year and 1/2.

Must be a slow day.

Kat.
    Resurrecting dead threads that haven't had a reply in about a year and 1/2.

Must be a slow day.

Kat.

slow month.

Sea.
    www.myspace.com
  • wow.. what's funny is I've ALWAYS had a bloodhound's nose so to speak, and I never noticed how bad I stunk after a cig, until I quit smoking las t month. Now, I can smell a smoker a mile away!!God I think about that and I feel bad for my whole family cause for YEARS I was the only smoker, ( I was the only alcoholic too til three months ago) and for them to have had to smell that!! I am truly happy I quit, I can finally breathe and am actually getting back to where I can sing again, yay!! I love my little road trip sing alongs!!Anyhow reading this made me realize how bad I used to stink..so I apologize to everyone I ever stunk out of a room with my stale nasty ciggy smell!!
    wow.. what's funny is I've ALWAYS had a bloodhound's nose so to speak, and I never noticed how bad I stunk after a cig, until I quit smoking las t month. Now, I can smell a smoker a mile away!!God I think about that and I feel bad for my whole family cause for YEARS I was the only smoker, ( I was the only alcoholic too til three months ago) and for them to have had to smell that!! I am truly happy I quit, I can finally breathe and am actually getting back to where I can sing again, yay!! I love my little road trip sing alongs!!Anyhow reading this made me realize how bad I used to stink..so I apologize to everyone I ever stunk out of a room with my stale nasty ciggy smell!!

congrats...on both counts! :clap:

both of my parents have smoked my whole life. dad quit a few years ago. mom is down significantly. it's funny that my dad now hates the smell as much as i have since i was a kid :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    So I bet all of you would be angry if Ed was standing next to you having a smoke. No.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    the title of this thread is incorrect. some smoking is good

it should read 'cigarette smokers stink'

jeags, please make the correction. thank you
    So I bet all of you would be angry if Ed was standing next to you having a smoke. No.

not angry. just uncomfortable due to the disgusting smell that would be hovering around him. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    i'm smoking a nice big fattie :mrgreen: as i read this 8-) ........ :D
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    i'm smoking a nice big fattie :mrgreen: as i read this 8-) ........ :D

:o:o:o:o

8-)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    Hey!!!! I AM trying to quit. Leave me alone. Ya big meanine!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hey!!!! I AM trying to quit. Leave me alone. Ya big meanine!!!

god speed mick
    www.myspace.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

i know i would be. hed get the filthiest look before i asked him if he could go kill himself somewhere else.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I've been in rooms before that I literally got sick from the smell of smoke on people. Also, what amazes me is how some people reek of it and others you don't know they smoke until you see them smoking. My husband is an ex-smoker (unless he's sneaking around) and he can't even stand the smell of it anymore. On another note, I've been around Eddie when he is smoking (he doesn't smell like it--to reply to someone's comment up above). Maybe some people just chain smoke in small areas and that's why they smell so bad??? I guess they are used to the smell and don't realize how bad it is, it is ever bit as offensive as body odor.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • i'm smoking a nice big fattie :mrgreen: as i read this 8-) ........ :D
    JEALOUS!!! I have yet to get my health card renewed for out here NEED to do that!!
    Going out to have a cigarette

Some of you sound like you could use one too :lol:
    it's always worse in the winter time for some reason...
    www.myspace.com
  • it's always worse in the winter time for some reason...
    true
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    This is one habit I'm glad never stuck with me. ANd being in the car business...smokers have no idea how much it affects your car's value. That smell never comes out...and we notice and so do customers.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited January 2013
    I smoke like a motherfucker when I'm drinking, and when I'm on vacation, and sometimes when I'm really bored. But I don't smoke at work. Mostly that's because I don't want to smoke that regularly so I can rescue at least some years in my life and to save money, but also because I would feel really self-conscious stinking up the office all the time. I also can't stand smoky rooms so am very against any smoking indoors. After that, I think people are assholes about smokers. There are so many things out there in the world that offend my sensibilities, but I just take it because I'm sharing a world with a lot of different people. I would personally way rather smell cigarette smoke or someone who just smoked than smell someone with rank B.O., but I don't see anyone trying to keep them off public transit or make them stand 6 meters from others. TONS of other things stink enough for me to feel a bit sick. Lots of noises out there in the world really bother me too. But I don't expect everyone to stop making noise.... Sometimes I think people really need to make more of an effort at tolerance.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    DS1119 wrote:
    This is one habit I'm glad never stuck with me. ANd being in the car business...smokers have no idea how much it affects your car's value. That smell never comes out...and we notice and so do customers.

Oh god yes, don't smoke in a car.