Valentines day?

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    StillHere wrote:
    didn't even realize it was so close
    If it was any closer, it would be in back of you.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    smiley_love_heart.gif
    Love is for everyone, not just lovers...
    someone is waiting for a kindness

'make just one someone happy'

love-bomb.gifHappy Valentines Day All! love-bomb.gif
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    When things happen or come up in your life
    and that's the first person you always think of telling things to

is that love?
  • It makes us singles feel like shit for the day.
    Not just singles
    You are not a fan of VD??
    I used to be...before I was with a partner who told me he's "used to receiving without having to give." :roll: So he can fuck himself...and he probably will :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    My hubby's actually more into Vday than I am...last year I totally forgot to even give him a card :oops:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    My hubby's actually more into Vday than I am...last year I totally forgot to even give him a card :oops:

youre a really cool wife
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    pandora wrote:

That's every day.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    EmBleve wrote:
    pandora wrote:

That's every day.
    How I wish the world thought like you! :D
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    pandora wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    pandora wrote:

That's every day.
    How I wish the world thought like you! :D
    :D I try.
    davidtrios wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

youre a really cool wife

No...I felt so bad!!!! Must make up for it today somehow...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    My wife keeps telling me to not get anything, she's kind of a guy in that way. She doesn't know I'm going to make a nice stir fry tonight and have a movie waiting for her. About to marinate the steak in a cooking wine then put it on in a few hours.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i think i will run by marie callendar's and get my man a peanut butter pie. :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I've got a plan through my daily inspirations...she said DON'T spend a whole lot of money. You know what that means right....spend it :D Nothing hard and shiney that sparkles this year but something else shiney and hard well yeah. 8-) I think it's going to be my effort in trying to pull this off while dealing with 4 children, a dog and 125 gal fish tank of which we lost one and don't know where it went. :( :D

She just better get home early. My plan too long to explain today maybe tomorrow but I'll for sure play this video for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ildQ6MXdQ

Peace and one Love peeps
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I find Valentine's day to be ridiculous, but... I partake because if I didn't, my s/o would hold it against me. She's a sentimental type.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ZiggyStar wrote:

"Off the hook for tomorrow"....it seems like you do a lot of stuff for your gf out of "obligation" rather than wanting to.

actually, I remember 81 installing a new stereo for his lady....supposed to be a surprise, not sure if he got to still work it as a surprise.

I will never forget one hearts day...Mr. RK pissed me off, he was being really mean. I really don't care for it now. (I did send some friends a little something in the mail though)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

"Off the hook for tomorrow"....it seems like you do a lot of stuff for your gf out of "obligation" rather than wanting to.

actually, I remember 81 installing a new stereo for his lady....supposed to be a surprise, not sure if he got to still work it as a surprise.

I will never forget one hearts day...Mr. RK pissed me off, he was being really mean. I really don't care for it now. (I did send some friends a little something in the mail though)

:thumbup:

she walked out to the garage when i was mid way thru the process. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:
    I've got a plan through my daily inspirations...she said DON'T spend a whole lot of money. You know what that means right....spend it :D Nothing hard and shiney that sparkles this year but something else shiney and hard well yeah. 8-) I think it's going to be my effort in trying to pull this off while dealing with 4 children, a dog and 125 gal fish tank of which we lost one and don't know where it went. :( :D

She just better get home early. My plan too long to explain today maybe tomorrow but I'll for sure play this video for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ildQ6MXdQ

Peace and one Love peeps

Oh add some Barry White she seems to like his deep voice especially when i do it over the phone. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i did it sat night....off the hook for tommorrow...suckers...no way in hell do i go out tomorrow night...i'll stop at the grocery store and pick up some fish or something to grill

So what did you do?

we did the valentines day package at medivel times. wooooo :lol: she'd been wanting to go....so i took her.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I am dating someone for the first time in i guess 3 years on Vday. So its kind of nice to take part int the day again.
    I got her a little gift, a rose, and we are going out to a nice dinner at a place a couple months ago she said she wanted to go but it was too "pricey" so hopefully she will be surprised and happy since i made reservations and have not told her where we are going.

We'll see. i'm actually looking forward to tonight which is kind of nice for a change.

only bummer is her birthday was a week and a half ago and christmas wasn't that far back.... the ole bank account is feeling stressed :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    intodeep wrote:
    I am dating someone for the first time in i guess 3 years on Vday. So its kind of nice to take part int the day again.
    I got her a little gift, a rose, and we are going out to a nice dinner at a place a couple months ago she said she wanted to go but it was too "pricey" so hopefully she will be surprised and happy since i made reservations and have not told her where we are going.

We'll see. i'm actually looking forward to tonight which is kind of nice for a change.

only bummer is her birthday was a week and a half ago and christmas wasn't that far back.... the ole bank account is feeling stressed :D

That's sweet! Hope you have fun.

My husband and I sent eachother Happy V-day text messages. That's as good as it gets with us... neither of us go for the romantic gestures.
    81 wrote:

we did the valentines day package at medivel times. wooooo :lol: she'd been wanting to go....so i took her.

Oh that's right! What'd you think of it?
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Oh that's right! What'd you think of it?

corney

the booze was over priced...double gin on the rocks....14 bucks. :shock:
    the "dungeon" was a joke....can't believe they try and charge for that.
    i texted my brother and told him it was WWE light.
    the narrator guy was spewing when he talked. we're talking a good 3-4 feet everytime he opened his mouth.
    the chicken was actually tasty

it was ok for what it was...we won't be going again.

pretty sure the extra tickets would have worked.....but nobody wanted them. :lol: i should have scalped them there. i was suprised by how large the walkup crowd was.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    i should have scalped them there. i was suprised by how large the walkup crowd was.

Or put them on EBAY with all of the PJ20 vinyls you have listed. :P
    DS1119 wrote:

:shh:

you need one? i can make you a killer deal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:shh:

you need one? i can make you a killer deal

I've got one. Still sealed to. :lol:
    81 wrote:
    corney

the booze was over priced...double gin on the rocks....14 bucks. :shock:
    the "dungeon" was a joke....can't believe they try and charge for that.
    i texted my brother and told him it was WWE light.
    the narrator guy was spewing when he talked. we're talking a good 3-4 feet everytime he opened his mouth.
    the chicken was actually tasty

it was ok for what it was...we won't be going again.

pretty sure the extra tickets would have worked.....but nobody wanted them. :lol: i should have scalped them there. i was suprised by how large the walkup crowd was.

Bumout...I used to love that place! Glad to hear the food's still good at least.
    yeah...i'm sure it's great if you are a kid.

it wasn't a horrible night, just not something i woudl want to do again...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    scored a valentines cupcake....all i need now.....lobster tail to still be on sale.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    yeah...i'm sure it's great if you are a kid.

it wasn't a horrible night, just not something i woudl want to do again...

The last time I went I was 22 and loved it :oops:
    But hey I had mass quantities of rum...tends to make just about anything fun!
  • bunny wrote:
    In Japan, women present gifts to men they love. girls declare their love.

im already a housewife...
    it don't make my heart pound at all :|
    so i don't like Valentines day...

but i make a Chocolate cake for my family and me every year :)

Japan also has a "White Day" one month after Valentines Day, it's when the guy gives back to the girl they received something from on Valentine's Day.

Are you Japanese bunny?? Gannbatte!! :)
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA