Valentines day?

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    i_lov_it wrote:
    That's a "Pre-Requisite"..."Spits" Meh!..."Swallows" Meh!.......But if She can *COOK*...I'm IN!...PMSL :P

Nothin' worse than having to eat horrible dinner while trying to be nice ;)

leprosy of the face is worse. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Sian sounds far too domesticated and kind-hearted these days to be of much use during the zombie apocalypse. Not convinced she still has the skull bashing angst that is going to be required…

Are you shittin' me? I'm more than prepared Grinchypants... I just don't take it out on Dave! He'll need looking out for during the apocalypse, I'll be hacking and skull bashing for two of us. You're either with us or against us... don't make me set up an opposing camp of survivors.

(If i'm honest, Dave doesn't really believe it's going to happen... I have the biggest 'I told you so' primed, ready and stored with my machete, just for THAT day... ;) )

That sounds like the Sian I remember. Ok, we’re cool. But listen, you know I’ve long suspected those select few who “don’t believe” in the imminent zombie apocalypse are most likely going to be the ones behind the whole thing. Just sayin’. Watch your back; we need you to survive the initial wave.

That's a very good point, my friend... He is a clever boy afterall... :think:
    I'll watch my back. Maybe we need to establish a code word in case he turns and/or is behind it in anyway...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • My special 'finishing touches' arrived in the post this morning... I'm all excited about Valentines now! :D

We've moved our celebrations to the Saturday now... Can't be getting drunk and breaking furniture on a school night now, can we? ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I'm taking the fiance' to lunch at The Ivy, and then to see the Harlem Globetrotters. She grew fond of the two Globetrotters during the amazing race, so I knew she wouldn't count it as going to a sporting event!
    Is she aware that the next season of The Amazing Race debuts Valentine's night?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    We've moved our celebrations to the Saturday now... Can't be getting drunk and breaking furniture on a school night now, can we? ;)
    Here in the colonies, we have a holiday Monday the 15th, President's Day, so we get to celebrate on VD proper.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Can't be getting drunk and breaking furniture on a school night now, can we? ;)

i don't see why not, this has been happening on a nightly basis in Scottish homes for decades.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    Can't be getting drunk and breaking furniture on a school night now, can we? ;)

i don't see why not, this has been happening on a nightly basis in Scottish homes for decades.

Not as breaky furniture as I want to get ;)

• My special 'finishing touches' arrived in the post this morning... I'm all excited about Valentines now! :D

yea....we planned that from the get-go. just makes more sense. :mrgreen:
    hubby is off on mondays but i am not.....so better for us both to be off the next day.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• know1 wrote:
    Just another day. If you need specified holiday to be romantic or nice to the one you love, then you're beyond help anyway. I'd rather do something for someone or have them do something for me on some random day rather than when they feel like they have to.
    I agree. We celebrate two weeks later on the anniversary of our engagement. Every year we pick a different Hotel in NYC to go to and we do dinner and play (and play :D). My favorite weekend of the year.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • know1 wrote:
    Just another day. If you need specified holiday to be romantic or nice to the one you love, then you're beyond help anyway. I'd rather do something for someone or have them do something for me on some random day rather than when they feel like they have to.

I agree. We celebrate two weeks later on the anniversary of our engagement. Every year we pick a different Hotel in NYC to go to and we do dinner and play (and play :D). My favorite weekend of the year.

sweet!

seems we got engaged around the same time. mr. dream proposed to me 02.26.91. :mrgreen:
    sounds like a GREAT weekend!

funny too, this year will be the 3rd year in a row that we've taken the last week in february off together. was never even a conscious decision about being off for that anniversary, but i like it and now will have to make a point of it this year. having a staycation, but yea....still should be fun! ;)

and hey, i am ALL for 'celebrating'....whatever really, any time of year. just making a conscious choice to do a little more, go the extra mile, be a wee bit more romantic or different from the usual day-to-day....always good, whatever the 'excuse'; heart day, anniversary, b/c it's a full moon....or simply b/c you just decide to do so randomly :D ......all good reasons..... 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• know1 wrote:

sweet!

seems we got engaged around the same time. mr. dream proposed to me 02.26.91. :mrgreen:

and hey, i am ALL for 'celebrating'....whatever really, any time of year. just making a conscious choice to do a little more, go the extra mile, be a wee bit more romantic or different from the usual day-to-day....always good, whatever the 'excuse'; heart day, anniversary, b/c it's a full moon....or simply b/c you just decide to do so randomly :D ......all good reasons..... 8-)
    Nice!!! Actually I guess it's 3 weeks :oops: 3/4/98
    GoiMTvP.gif

• I agree. We celebrate two weeks later on the anniversary of our engagement. Every year we pick a different Hotel in NYC to go to and we do dinner and play (and play :D). My favorite weekend of the year.

sweet!

Nice!!! Actually I guess it's 3 weeks :oops: 3/4/98

hehehe...still sweet, and close.
    and hey, better to be romantic than good at counting....;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Nice!!! Actually I guess it's 3 weeks :oops: 3/4/98

Well if you want to be technical it is two weeks and four days, which I guess rounds out to 3 ... :D
    How long after you engagement was the wedding?
    GoiMTvP.gif

• Nice!!! Actually I guess it's 3 weeks :oops: 3/4/98

Well if you want to be technical it is two weeks and four days, which I guess rounds out to 3 ... :D
    How long after you engagement was the wedding?

:mrgreen:

if you want to be technical ;).....we got married 1 year, 3 months and 25 days later. :mrgreen:
    i can't believe i'm married so much longer than you :oops: ...i just kinda figured since we're around the same age (i think you may even have a few years on me, maybe :)) we'd have similar dates. then again, i married young....but hey, you had 3 kids...so sure, mazel tov! :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• :mrgreen:

if you want to be technical ;).....we got married 1 year, 3 months and 25 days later. :mrgreen:
    i can't believe i'm married so much longer than you :oops: ...i just kinda figured since we're around the same age (i think you may even have a few years on me, maybe :)) we'd have similar dates. then again, i married young....but hey, you had 3 kids...so sure, mazel tov! :lol:

Well I was married once before that did not go so well... That was in 92.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • :mrgreen:

Well I was married once before that did not go so well... That was in 92.

aha, well that explains that. and sure, then we would be married the same amount of time...i just actually managed to pick well first time out. lucky me! :D
    sorry bout that, but hey....now you are quite happily married, so it's all good!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i did it sat night....off the hook for tommorrow...suckers...no way in hell do i go out tomorrow night...i'll stop at the grocery store and pick up some fish or something to grill
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My bf and I don't do anything for Valentines Day. I think last year I picked up a block of chocolate for us to share because I felt like chocolate. :lol: Not a big deal at all in my household.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • 81 wrote:
    i did it sat night....off the hook for tommorrow...suckers...no way in hell do i go out tomorrow night...i'll stop at the grocery store and pick up some fish or something to grill
    Cuz nothing says Valentines Day like a good piece of fish!!!!!!

hehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    81 wrote:

So what did you do?

"Off the hook for tomorrow"....it seems like you do a lot of stuff for your gf out of "obligation" rather than wanting to.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

So what did you do?

"Off the hook for tomorrow"....it seems like you do a lot of stuff for your gf out of "obligation" rather than wanting to.
    What man doesnt???

hehehehehe
    I find that sad.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Happy Valentine's Day to the lucky ones in love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3MXZ_qdKDU
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    just the typical..

Italian resturant.. movie and my place....... 8-)

Just don't take it so seriously. If you are in love, make the most fun of the day.

I'm doing the typical.. red roses.. candy.. necklace.. dinner.

Just enjoy it if you can... if not, just be the bitter ass about it I was most of my life. 8-)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    didn't even realize it was so close
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Well I am at College so me and my girlfriend (still in High School) are supposed to just celebrate on friday when I come home with me just getting her the usual Chocolate covered strawberries and nothing else because I'm light on cash this year........BUT, I am having a dozen roses (along with a bunch of other flowers mixed in from this awesome local place) delivered to her so that they will be on the dining room table when she gets home from school, I'm pretty excited to hear her reaction she doesn't see it coming at all!

On a side note I already gave her a card, the greatest/funniest Valentines Day card ever. Front says "When I saw you I knew it was true love at first sight!" Open card, inside says "Then you turned around and I thought 'hey she's got a pretty nice face too!'" :lol::lol::lol:
  • It makes us singles feel like shit for the day.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Not just singles
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Not just singles
    You are not a fan of VD??