Saints vs Colts

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Colts 45
    Saints 21

u were right on with the jets :lol:

go saints
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm keeping the faith and sayin Colts but I'm a little worried
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Man, did I read that right?

This is the first time since 1993(!) since it has been two number 1 seeds in the superbowl (Dallas vs Buffalo)

That was a freakin' lifetime ago.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Colts 45
    Saints 21

I think the Colts are going to manhandle to Saints. The Saints did not look very good in their NFC Championship win. They gave way too many chances to the Vikings to steal it away.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Colts 45
    Saints 21

I think the Colts are going to manhandle to Saints. The Saints did not look very good in their NFC Championship win. They gave way too many chances to the Vikings to steal it away.

The Vikings defense is a little better than the Colts defense, which should make this more interesting than you're letting on, IMO.

Giants v Patriots
    Patriots v Rams
    Giants v Bills
    Chiefs v Vikings
    Jets v Colts

The superbowl is one game, anything can happen.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Colts 45
    Saints 21

it was a bad game, but their record, forced turnovers, and complete dismantling of the Cards dont lie. i think the nerves got to them this game. they'll be alright for the Super Bowl.

no way it will be a blowout. the Saints will have to bring their A-game to win, but it will be close.

when do the Colts really blow out anyone, anyway? they usually struggle for a half and then do just enought to win in the second.
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Colts 45
    Saints 21

The Vikings defense is a little better than the Colts defense, which should make this more interesting than you're letting on, IMO.

Giants v Patriots
    Patriots v Rams
    Giants v Bills
    Chiefs v Vikings
    Jets v Colts

The superbowl is one game, anything can happen.

I am going to have to disagree that the Vikings D is better than the Colts D. The Colts have speed especially coming off both ends, which may cause problems for Brees and the running game. Just ask Thomas Jones and Shonne Greene about not being able to beat the Colts to the edges or pound it up the middle. The Colts forced Sanchez to beat them which was not going to happen. The Colts held the Jets to zero in the second half and Manning pretty much dismantled the best defense in football! I would love to see a close game. I am sure we will get one, but as someone else mentioned the Saints have to play a perfect game. :D
  • MrSmith wrote:
    Colts 45
    Saints 21

it was a bad game, but their record, forced turnovers, and complete dismantling of the Cards dont lie. i think the nerves got to them this game. they'll be alright for the Super Bowl.

no way it will be a blowout. the Saints will have to bring their A-game to win, but it will be close.

when do the Colts really blow out anyone, anyway? they usually struggle for a half and then do just enought to win in the second.

The Cards do not have a defense!!! You saw how many points Green Bay put up!!
    Good point on the Colts blowing anyone out, but winning by 14 will be enough. :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

I am going to have to disagree that the Vikings D is better than the Colts D. The Colts have speed especially coming off both ends, which may cause problems for Brees and the running game. Just ask Thomas Jones and Shonne Greene about not being able to beat the Colts to the edges or pound it up the middle. The Colts forced Sanchez to beat them which was not going to happen. The Colts held the Jets to zero in the second half and Manning pretty much dismantled the best defense in football! I would love to see a close game. I am sure we will get one, but as someone else mentioned the Saints have to play a perfect game. :D

i guess it's a good thing for the Saints that they are a spread it around offense that likes to chuck the ball all over the field. I think a grass field helps the Colts.

I can see the game going either way and be either close or a blowout for either team, although i suspect it will be a close one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm going with the Colts by a FG, maybe 27-24...that's what I'd like to see, anyway!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I do find it ironic that the seed of Archie Manning could prevent the Saints from winning the Super Bowl. On the flip side, I don't like the fact a former Purdue all-time great could end up stopping the Colts from winning.

It should be a great game but I'm hoping the Colts can pull out another Super Bowl victory. Go Horse!
  • MrSmith wrote:

The Cards do not have a defense!!! You saw how many points Green Bay put up!!
    Good point on the Colts blowing anyone out, but winning by 14 will be enough. :D
    oh i meant they shut down that amazing offense. yeah their defense was one of the worst ever. i think Manning will struggle a bit against this defense at first. but he always figures them out eventually.

i thought the Saints D played pretty well considering their offense couldnt get a third down. you could tell they were exhausted. The vikes could have just ran it, but then Favre had other plans :).
  • For what its worth....
    the team wearing white has won the super bowl the past 5 years in a row. Saints this year.
    Go NO!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,979
    This thread lies fallow for 11 days....amazing.

There are so many passionate fans on this board, but apparently none for these teams. Pretty bad when the only topic for Sportscenter is Dwight Freeney's ankle. :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

There are so many passionate fans on this board, but apparently none for these teams. Pretty bad when the only topic for Sportscenter is Dwight Freeney's ankle. :roll:

everyone is still recovering from the pro bowl
  • imalive wrote:

Or the fact that Peyton's dad played for the Saints. That's this years big angle.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Hey, I lost $500 on the ProBowl!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Or the fact that Peyton's dad played for the Saints. That's this years big angle.

"big"? woo-fucking-hoo!!!!! :roll: :roll:

(not directed at you, FF ;) )

P.S. I'm expecting a good game but it's like, could we just please get to Sunday?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Hey, I lost $500 on the ProBowl!

seriously?? you bet on the pro bowl?? really?? :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    "big"? woo-fucking-hoo!!!!! :roll: :roll:
    That's what I mean. There's always some stupid "big" angle that they have for every SB like when Jerome Bettis went back to Detroit to win his SB on top...blah, blah, blah...last year it was Larry Fitzgerald and his dad being a reporter...they beat you over the head with it until it makes you sick of the whole thing.

Also, for the record, I'm still pissed off about the Ravens dismantling the Pats IN FOXBORO!!!!!
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

;)

seriously

that reminds me...one time my buddy was arguing with another friend saying he had a gambling problem...when he could no longer defend himself he said "i bet you i can stop gambling!" he was serious

:lol::lol:
  • imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

;)
    Nah, Im kidding. I did have a little bit of a problem years ago, but I haven't bet on anything in 7 years. Ive found other ways of decimating my savings like buying PJ posters.

Also, for the record, I'm still pissed off about the Ravens dismantling the Pats IN FOXBORO!!!!!

I KNOW!!! I'm missing you passionate fans!!

Is there no internet access in Indiana? :wtf:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

I KNOW!!! I'm missing you passionate fans!!

Is there no internet access in Indiana? :wtf:

is there electricity!?! :? :P
    Nah, Im kidding. I did have a little bit of a problem years ago, but I haven't bet on anything in 7 years.

Jim Rome did a pretty funny bit on the "degenerates" and their prop bets...."you've lost the over/under on the length of the national anthem, you've lost the coin flip and you're already chasing before the game even starts!"

Rome can be a dick but sometimes I can't help but laugh :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    norm wrote:

is there electricity!?! :? :P

wind generated, out in the cornfields.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    i'm rooting for the Saints.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I was going to but after seeing Manning's repeats on SNL I am going for the Colts.!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    mfc2006 wrote:

I'm not feeling it, my friend.

If this was Philly or NE or Dallas or Pittsburgh either NY team, this here board would be burning up!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16