Saints vs Colts

youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Who will win? With 2 weeks to go, I think this will be the most exciting Superbowl in recent memory. I had these 2 teams in this game when they were the last 2 undefeated teams in the regular season. With all that said, and as a die hard Patriots fan, I am rooting for the Saints. With all they've been through in the last few years and never being in a SB, I hope this is their year. GO SAINTS!!!!!!!
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    C'mon, as a die hard Pats fan ... you're cheering for the Saints because you hate the Colts. Admit it, it's ok ... I will. :D

Oh, and last year's superbowl was pretty effin' exciting (and yes, I felt that way going into it). Not sure where that "most exciting superbowl in recent memory" came from.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • edited January 2010
    both number one seeds. i have know idea who will win. i guess it depends on which Saints team shows up. Geaux Saints!
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Go Colts!
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    jimed14 wrote:
    C'mon, as a die hard Pats fan ... you're cheering for the Saints because you hate the Colts. Admit it, it's ok ... I will. :D

Oh, and last year's superbowl was pretty effin' exciting (and yes, I felt that way going into it). Not sure where that "most exciting superbowl in recent memory" came from.

Of course I'm rooting for the Saints cause I hate the Colts. But in all honesty, I can't see this SB NOT being exciting. You have the 2 most explosive offenses in the NFL facing off in the big game. Last year's game was exciting, as was (unfortunately) the SB before that, the Pats and Giants. I just see the Saints lighting it up and shutting down the Colts.

Bottom line: I think the Saints offense is better than the Colts' defense.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    I'm kinda rooting for the Saints mainly cuz they have never made ot to the SB before and Manning and the Colts have already been there and won it. I like both teams about the same, just hoping for a decent game.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    Who will win? With 2 weeks to go, I think this will be the most exciting Superbowl in recent memory. I had these 2 teams in this game when they were the last 2 undefeated teams in the regular season. With all that said, and as a die hard Patriots fan, I am rooting for the Saints. With all they've been through in the last few years and never being in a SB, I hope this is their year. GO SAINTS!!!!!!!

with these two offenses you might be right. this is gonna be a classic.
    www.myspace.com
    jimed14 wrote:

Of course I'm rooting for the Saints cause I hate the Colts. But in all honesty, I can't see this SB NOT being exciting. You have the 2 most explosive offenses in the NFL facing off in the big game. Last year's game was exciting, as was (unfortunately) the SB before that, the Pats and Giants. I just see the Saints lighting it up and shutting down the Colts.

Bottom line: I think the Saints offense is better than the Colts' defense.

Well, the Jets were going to shut down the Colts today, and how did that go for them?

Manning's probably playing better than he ever has with this cast.

Opening line has to have the Colts favored ... I'd guess by 4. Over under .. say 49?

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • that Saints defense is going to need every bit of that two weeks to recover from this one.

their D won this one. there offense kinda laid an eg that second half.
  • InsideManInsideMan Posts: 261
    Best Super Bowl in recent memory has to be David Tyree making all of the Patriots regular-season efforts moot.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    colts -4.5 saints
    o/u 56

saints and the over.......COUNT IT.
    :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    therk17 wrote:
    Best Super Bowl in recent memory has to be David Tyree making all of the Patriots regular-season efforts moot.

As much as it pains me to think about it, you are exactly right.

therk17 wrote:

As much as it pains me to think about it, you are exactly right.

Drama ... yes. The two TDs within the last 3 minutes made it exciting, but overall, last year's was more exciting ... and, it also had the two scores in the last two minutes.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Manning is a freak..... I don't see him making many or any big mistakes in this game

probably down to the wire game like NFC championship was

colts 33
    saints 27
  • left the porchleft the porch Posts: 504
    edited January 2010
    Go Saints!

I'd love to see Brees beat Manning, and of course it would be very special for New Orleans the city, having never won a Super Bowl, and with all they've been through.

And a wee bit of me picks the Saints because I am a Cowboys fan and who were the first team in 09 to beat the Saints? Yah baby!

It's all I have.
    Post edited by left the porch on
  • well hopefully they'll hurt Manning like they hurt Warner and Favre!

too bad i like all these quarterbacks.
  • therk17 wrote:

Hallelujah!!!!
  • I'm just so happy Farve is done for the year. And I really do hope for good this time. Yeah, you were great, one of the best, WE GET IT!

Buh bye.
  • You too Warner.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    GO SAINTS!!!!
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    Saints 30
    Colts 27
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    The Colts will beat the Saints because the Colts don't turn the ball over (like the Vikings did tonight against New Orleans). Manning is a smarter QB than Favre. The Saints will have to play the game of their lives to beat Indy.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Saints all the way, always liked the Saints since the days of Archie Manning. Besides being a Patriots fan nothing more fun than seeing Peyton fail.

GO SAINTS

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Im with jimed and cropduster on this. F the Colts. There's no way Pats fans can feel any other way. They're the Yankees at this point to us.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,817
    Colts.
    I miss igotid88
    Im with jimed and cropduster on this. F the Colts. There's no way Pats fans can feel any other way. They're the Yankees at this point to us.

Note, it's nice to pull for a team like the Saints.

They've never been to a superbowl.

The history with Katrina.

The fact Drew Brees, one of the leagues good guys, chose to go to New Orleans for less money when he could have taken more form the Dolphins, because he felt something for the community.

If the Vikings had won ... ooof, would have been tough choice.

• mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Well, I guess I don't really give a rat's ass who wins this year. Have no special feelings towards either of these teams... Some of the Saints fans are pretty obnoxious and trashy, but not all. Its not like they are Eagles fans, they're not near that bad. I know someone that has an irritating attitude that roots for the Colts... but thats not really a big deal. I don't really care, I can't come to any other conclusion. Last two SBs were great games, but teams I specifically hate won. The last two weeks of football sucked pretty bad, and I'm bitchy... I apologize :|
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • mr.pink wrote:
    Well, I guess I don't really give a rat's ass who wins this year. Have no special feelings towards either of these teams... Some of the Saints fans are pretty obnoxious and trashy, but not all. Its not like they are Eagles fans, they're not near that bad. I know someone that has an irritating attitude that roots for the Colts... but thats not really a big deal. I don't really care, I can't come to any other conclusion. Last two SBs were great games, but teams I specifically hate won. The last two weeks of football sucked pretty bad, and I'm bitchy... I apologize :|
    thats me most years, being a Saints fan and also liking the pathetic Raiders, i seldom have anyone to root for.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Have you people watched a Colts game this year? When they try, they win. They're superior on both sides of the ball.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    I'm pullin' for the Saints, but I'm pretty sure the Colts will win.
  • Colts 45
    Saints 21
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....