THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Kevin Kolb wants out of Philadelphia if the Eagles bring back Michael Vick as their starter, sources tell beat writer Jeff McLane.
    Vick is almost certainly going to be brought back via the franchise tag, so Kolb is trying to set the stage for a trade. The problem is that the Eagles likely want Kolb as a backup to the injury-prone Vick. They reportedly are asking an outrageous price for Kolb -- at least two first-round picks. Trade rumors surrounding Kolb will persist throughout the offseason.
    Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

kolb ain't going anywhere. he's only making 2 or 3 mill next year. he's a bargain
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    Kevin Kolb wants out of Philadelphia if the Eagles bring back Michael Vick as their starter, sources tell beat writer Jeff McLane.
    Vick is almost certainly going to be brought back via the franchise tag, so Kolb is trying to set the stage for a trade. The problem is that the Eagles likely want Kolb as a backup to the injury-prone Vick. They reportedly are asking an outrageous price for Kolb -- at least two first-round picks. Trade rumors surrounding Kolb will persist throughout the offseason.

kolb ain't going anywhere. he's only making 2 or 3 mill next year. he's a bargain

that also makes him very trade-able.

after watching his post game interview, i'd say he's gonna force the issue. who knows with the cba though.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

Do u hold on to him and let him walk the year after??? Or do u trade him this year for a 1st round pick and move on??? I'd gladly get the pick if we sign Vick to an extention.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Do u hold on to him and let him walk the year after??? Or do u trade him this year for a 1st round pick and move on??? I'd gladly get the pick if we sign Vick to an extention.

lot of variables will go into this. the birds are in a good spot. reid is astute at turning these scenarios into positives.

I'd be shocked if they don't get what they want for kolb. a backup with his skillset is an asset at his current salary. they won't give him away for nothing

EDIT: I'd trade him for a 1st in a second...even if that means they are stuck with vick for 3-4 years
    This might be crazy and i know it's out in left field but. Trade Kolb and D-Jax to Arizona for Fitz and a pick,then sign Fitz to an extention since he's got 1yr left. My reasoning is D-Jax wants top dollar and he's not gonna get that here,sounds off the wall but so did me saying i thought we should trade 5 to the deadskins.
    Go Birds!!!!
    This might be crazy and i know it's out in left field but. Trade Kolb and D-Jax to Arizona for Fitz and a pick,then sign Fitz to an extention since he's got 1yr left. My reasoning is D-Jax wants top dollar and he's not gonna get that here,sounds off the wall but so did me saying i thought we should trade 5 to the deadskins.

stop it. just stop. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

I know it's crazy talk but i just don't see us giving D-Jax 9-11 million a year,and thats what he's gonna want.
    Go Birds!!!!

I'd love a trade like that. I know jackson has done some nice things, but he is too much of a diva for my tastes. Let arizona pay him to be a #1 WR (which he's not).

Arizona's pick is in the top 10. I like it
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Again, season exceeded expectations. Just a shame there's a chance that there won't be any football next season and everything's up in the air again.
    by the way, i've come to the conclusion that ernie simms is POOP. that trade didn't work out the way i thought it could. he stinks. no way we resign him.

wouldn't mind them moving bradley to the outside and starting chaney at middle lb next year. he lead the team in tackles again today. i think he's only gonna get better the more he plays.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd love a trade like that. I know jackson has done some nice things, but he is too much of a diva for my tastes. Let arizona pay him to be a #1 WR (which he's not).

Arizona's pick is in the top 10. I like it

this isn't fantasy football guys. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2011
    by the way, i've come to the conclusion that ernie simms is POOP. that trade didn't work out the way i thought it could. he stinks. no way we resign him.

wouldn't mind them moving bradley to the outside and starting chaney at middle lb next year. he lead the team in tackles again today. i think he's only gonna get better the more he plays.

Simms is AIDS.

If you think bradley can play outside you're smoking crack though. that's like putting werth in CF

I'd love to see bradley traded...too bad he's damaged goods
    The Fixer wrote:

Simms is AIDS.

If you think bradley can play outside you're smoking crack though. that's like putting werth in CF

Speaking of which - 35 days till aces and catchers?
    The Fixer wrote:

Simms is AIDS.

Speaking of which - 35 days till aces and catchers?

can't wait to have a real sport to watch. the nfl is awful
    The Fixer wrote:

Simms is AIDS.

huh? he was strong side lb at nebraska for 3 years. we drafted him for that position.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Simms is AIDS.

huh? he was strong side lb at nebraska for 3 years. we drafted him for that position.

he's filled out a lot since college. he can't play OLB.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Simms is AIDS.

he's filled out a lot since college. he can't play OLB.

he was listed at 6'4, 254 pds at the combine....he's listed at 258pds right now (same height) :? :lol:

do you think he forgot how to play strong side? that's the perfect size for a strong side backer dude.
    www.myspace.com
    I would worry putting Bradley at sam because if it isn't the middle taking the TE, then he's gotta do it, and he's terrible covering the tight end.
    I would worry putting Bradley at sam because if it isn't the middle taking the TE, then he's gotta do it, and he's terrible covering the tight end.

he was a clearly a step slower this year. a lot of people say it's the 2nd year back from that injury that you are back to your old self.

all i'm saying is i wouldn't be surprised if they try this out in training camp because they clearly have something here with this chaney kid and he's never played sam before. bradley has, and played it well. the ernie simms experiment failed miserably so they gotta do something else.
    www.myspace.com

he was a clearly a step slower this year. a lot of people say it's the 2nd year back from that injury that you are back to your old self.

all i'm saying is i wouldn't be surprised if they try this out in training camp because they clearly have something here with this chaney kid and he's never played sam before. bradley has, and played it well. the ernie simms experiment failed miserably so they gotta do something else.

I agree with this, but isn't Bradley's contract up?

I agree with this, but isn't Bradley's contract up?

is it? i dunno...
    www.myspace.com
    Yeah, Bradley's a free agent.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    I about puked when I saw kobe had given vick a jersey with "be epic" on on it. just a little gift from the rapist to the dog killer.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    they better be careful with an extension.

In his final seven starts of the season (counting Sunday), Vick threw seven interceptions, fumbled nine times and took 22 sacks.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    imalive wrote:
    I about puked when I saw kobe had given vick a jersey with "be epic" on on it. just a little gift from the rapist to the dog killer.

yup and this whole kobe from philly stuff is bs too. the guy spent like 4 years in philly area and lower merion isn't exactly the ghetto. most of his life he lived in italy and no one in philly even likes the guy.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    so guys what are your thoughts on McDermott? It's kind of hard to analyze the guy with all the injuries, but seemed like this season, including yesterday, the defense had a hard time getting plays called and players in and out. Now maybe yesterday's issues have a lot to do with Bradley being out and the calls would be better and quicker with him there. the red zone defensive numbers are pretty disturbing though. i would like to think most of the problems defensively are talent or lack of talent related but McDermott is not inspiring a lot of confidence in two years so far. What are your thoughts on him?
    edited January 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    so guys what are your thoughts on McDermott? It's kind of hard to analyze the guy with all the injuries, but seemed like this season, including yesterday, the defense had a hard time getting plays called and players in and out. Now maybe yesterday's issues have a lot to do with Bradley being out and the calls would be better and quicker with him there. the red zone defensive numbers are pretty disturbing though. i would like to think most of the problems defensively are talent or lack of talent related but McDermott is not inspiring a lot of confidence in two years so far. What are your thoughts on him?

no doubt you bring him back. tough spot last year taking over for johnson after his death. tough spot this year with all the injuries. plus if you think it has to do with lack of talent, he's not the one picking the players. ;) bottom line was that in the playoffs, they only allowed 21 points to an explosive team and got a huge stop when they needed it. they weren't the reason they lost yesterday.

they certainly had their deficiencies in the red zone and gave up way too many points. but despite all the injuries and personnel changes they finished 12th in overall total defense and 3rd in takeaways. it's really amazing to me they were not worse than they were. get healthy. reload in the off season (asomguha!!) and they should be much better next year. they're not making a move here. i'd be shocked if reid gives up on him after just 2 seasons. that's now how andy operates.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • oh man. there were a lot of times last night it was reallllly hard to watch that game. Packers looked like they actually wanted to win...I didn't see much passion/excitement/drive from our Birds...and Akers...my go-to-guy, how the crap did he miss two wide right!? He's DAVID AKERS!

I'm sad. I was ready for (and really thought we were going to get) a solid win...sigh.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    they better be careful with an extension.

In his final seven starts of the season (counting Sunday), Vick threw seven interceptions, fumbled nine times and took 22 sacks.

i know you don't like the guy but to be fair he also threw 11 touchdowns and ran for 6 more. so that is 17 total tds, 7 picks, 1,960 passing yards, 61.5 completion percentage, 368 rushing yards and a qb rating of 90%.......all with a shaky offensive line and a coach adverse to running the football consistently. i really think andy asked him to do waay too much pretty much every game down the stretch.

but i think andy will do the right thing here. franchise him (if there is a franchise tag). see how next year plays out and go from there. dude was real good and real fun to watch this year. we would have struggled to get to 8 wins without him.

incidentally, i know you brought up the steve young comparison yesterday. if you look at vicks full year stats to steve young's first full year with the niners (in '91 he played in 11 games) they are still probably more similar than most people think. and don't think for a second that reid doesn't think he can complete this mike vick transformation over the next few years. cuz i'm pretty sure he does.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they wore Vick out. maybe it was all the sacks. i'd trade him now. i wouldn't want him as my QB.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.