THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    g under p wrote:
    The Birds are getting KILLED by the Packer defense.

Peace

why peace after every post?

pretty annoying
    edited January 2011
    pjhawks wrote:

thank you mike mccarthy for going soft and running the ball 35 times against us and keeping us in the game. i know a good portion of the fans and the media love the running game but the packers running the ball as much as they did kept us in the game today. no way if they throw the ball 35-45 times do they score less than 30 against us. we would have never stopped their passing game.

dude, this was exactly what I was saying.

and whoever compared mike vick to steve young. well, that wasn't the best comparison.

going to nfl games just isn't fun. watching on tv is better. the crowd sucked tonight. felt like a regular season game.

good season for the birds. tough loss, but gb is a better team. I'm not sold on vick coming back on a long term deal. he wasn't good again tonight...3rd game in a row that he hasn't played well. they did better than I thought they would this year.

could be worse...we could be giant or cowboy fans. I hope gb wins it all...I like rodgers a lot
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

thank you mike mccarthy for going soft and running the ball 35 times against us and keeping us in the game. i know a good portion of the fans and the media love the running game but the packers running the ball as much as they did kept us in the game today. no way if they throw the ball 35-45 times do they score less than 30 against us. we would have never stopped their passing game.

and whoever compared mike vick to steve young. well, that wasn't the best comparison

didn't you think riley cooper was awfully soft on the last play as well? got to pull the dback down and not let him intercept it there. frustrating - how many days to pitchers and catchers?
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

and whoever compared mike vick to steve young. well, that wasn't the best comparison

didn't you think riley cooper was awfully soft on the last play as well? got to pull the dback down and not let him intercept it there. frustrating - how many days to pitchers and catchers?

No. I was sitting in that corner of the end zone. terrible throw. vick rushed that play. he should have clocked the ball and taken his time
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    booomm11 wrote:
    that's because the packers had 10min drives

:lol:

i'd say it had more to do with Philly not completing drives (FG's and missed FG's) than GB chewing up the clock. GB had three good drives. (longest was 7 minutes)

time of possession was 32-28
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

and whoever compared mike vick to steve young. well, that wasn't the best comparison.

going to nfl games just isn't fun. watching on tv is better. the crowd sucked tonight. felt like a regular season game.

good season for the birds. tough loss, but gb is a better team. I'm not sold on vick coming back on a long term deal. he wasn't good again tonight...3rd game in a row that he hasn't played well. they did better than I thought they would this year.

could be worse...we could be giant or cowboy fans. I hope gb wins it all...I like rodgers a lot

i just said the same thing in the packers thread. love rodgers game and his attitude and demeanor. he is a beast. i'd franchise vick at best but kolb seemed pretty annoyed after the game sounding like he is going to ask for a trade. i think vick has maybe 2 years, 3 tops so i don't think he is a long term solution. love to keep them both but will kolb allow that is the question.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No. I was sitting in that corner of the end zone. terrible throw. vick rushed that play. he should have clocked the ball and taken his time

reid called a 4 vertical pass play there. should have checked down to mccoy. rough way to end it.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i just said the same thing in the packers thread. love rodgers game and his attitude and demeanor. he is a beast. i'd franchise vick at best but kolb seemed pretty annoyed after the game sounding like he is going to ask for a trade. i think vick has maybe 2 years, 3 tops so i don't think he is a long term solution. love to keep them both but will kolb allow that is the question.

they will never win it all with vick.
    reid called a 4 vertical pass play there. should have checked down to mccoy. rough way to end it.

why the name change? in trouble again
    pjhawks wrote:

why the name change? in trouble again

I just figured he learned how to juggle and felt like showing off
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    We had NO PASS RUSH at all,Rodgers had all day back there. Once again not running the ball i just don't get it :roll: Funny thing the team that couldn't run all year shoved it down are throats,but the team with a good rb had 12 carries. If we had a pass rush maybe are redzone def wouldn't have been the worst in football history. Either sign Vick to the tag or an extention draft a o-lineman,sign Nandi and a lb,fire Reid and Mcdermott,hire Gruden and a new def coordinator and start over next year.
    Go Birds!!!!
    We had NO PASS RUSH at all,Rodgers had all day back there. Once again not running the ball i just don't get it :roll: Funny thing the team that couldn't run all year shoved it down are throats,but the team with a good rb had 12 carries. If we had a pass rush maybe are redzone def wouldn't have been the worst in football history. Either sign Vick to the tag or an extention draft a o-lineman,sign Nandi and a lb,fire Reid and Mcdermott,hire Gruden and a new def coordinator and start over next year.

when the eagles ran the ball they got nothing. their offense pretty much sucked in all facets tonight. how many penalties did justice have...29?

also, mike mcglynn snaps the ball the same way my 2 year old nephew throws. yep, I'm complaining about mike mcglynn
    The Fixer wrote:

when the eagles ran the ball they got nothing. their offense pretty much sucked in all facets tonight. how many penalties did justice have...29?

12 carries isn't enough to give them a chance to establish a running game,and yes Justice sucked.
    Go Birds!!!!
    well i predicted 24-21 birds. if you were to tell me we would win the turnover battle and hold packers to 21 points and lose i would have called you crazy.

forget the questionable play calling (13 run plays to a guy averaging 5.2 ypc against a defense susceptible to the run is an absolute disgrace)
    forget the eagles being late to make adjustments on both sides of the ball (happens all the time in big games)
    forget all the penalties (this team has been woefully undisciplined all season)
    forget the tight end inexplicably stepping out of bounds on the 2 point conversion
    forget the back breaking drive allowed by the defense after we cut it to 14-10
    forget james sparks (who??!?) running down our throats and the packers controlling the clock
    forget the interception

forget all that...david akers, mr reliable his whole career, misses 2 very makeable (especially the 2nd one) and we lose by 5 points. that's the way it goes.

it was a fun season. expectations changed with the switch in quarterback though. like last year, we let a bye week slip away and lost in the first round again. 14 points in the playoffs last year. 16 this year...

i blame donovan mcnabb. :lol::lol: :roll: oh boy....long off-season ahead boys. yet again.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they will never win it all with vick.

hahahaha! boy andy reid just can't pick a quarterback to save his life, huh? wow, man. wow:lol::lol:

there's one common denominator here and it's been here for 12 years. it ain't the quarterback anymore dude. it ain't the quarterback
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    well i predicted 24-21 birds. if you were to tell me we would win the turnover battle and hold packers to 21 points and lose i would have called you crazy.

forget the questionable play calling (13 run plays to a guy averaging 5.2 ypc against a defense susceptible to the run is an absolute disgrace)
    forget the eagles being late to make adjustments on both sides of the ball (happens all the time in big games)
    forget the tight end inexplicably stepping out of bounds on the 2 point conversion
    forget james sparks (who??!?) running down our throats and the packers controlling the clock
    forget the interception

forget all that...david akers, mr reliable his whole career, misses 2 very makeable (especially the 2nd one) and we lose by 5 points. that's the way it goes.

it was a fun season. expectations changed with the switch in quarterback though. like last year, we let a bye week slip away and lost in the first round again. 14 points in the playoffs last year. 16 this year...

i blame donovan mcnabb. :lol::lol: :roll: oh boy....long off-season ahead boys. yet again.

you forgot david akers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

trent cole and these smallish d ends we have always seem to wear down towards the end of the season. seems to happen every year.
    www.myspace.com

forget the interception

fair enough. it was james starks. kiper had him as the 5th best sr RB coming out of buffalo last year. he's a player...just not an established one.

bottom line is that this team overachieved in the regular season. similar to last year. I think they made some strides this year, but they were not ready to seriously contend. hopefully they can fill some holes and be ready to improve next season (if there is one)
    81 wrote:

forget the interception

you forgot david akers

huh? he was kind of my main point.

i didn't realize his contract is up. i felt bad for the guy watching him talk after the game. he sounds like he knows they're not bringing him back. he's had a great career here.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

forget the interception

you forgot david akers

fucking brutal. he sucked in the arizona game two years ago too. it's extremely possible that he has the mcnabb gene, which isn't conducive to winning.

AIDS

trent cole and these smallish d ends we have always seem to wear down towards the end of the season. seems to happen every year.
    Thats why are cb's got exposed,u can't give any nfl qb all day to throw the ball. Since oak's Nandi Asomugha is a free agent i'd love for us to sign him.
    Go Birds!!!!

Thats why are cb's got exposed,u can't give any nfl qb all day to throw the ball. Since oak's Nandi Asomugha is a free agent i'd love for us to sign him.

don't think he's a FA. he just signed an extension not too long ago. pretty sure he's making a ridiculous amount of money. oakland was shopping him last offseason but I remember reading he was untradable due to how much he's making.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943
    33 balls thrown his way all year,dude's a beast.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

forget the interception

fair enough. it was james starks. kiper had him as the 5th best sr RB coming out of buffalo last year. he's a player...just not an established one.

bottom line is that this team overachieved in the regular season. similar to last year. I think they made some strides this year, but they were not ready to seriously contend. hopefully they can fill some holes and be ready to improve next season (if there is one)

i don't know. i think they achieved up to their talent level and left some on the table. can't forget not showing up to that vikings game. that put us in this position today instead of waiting around to play the seahawks next week :x (that actually hurt to type that) . ah well. it is what it is....it's too damn familiar though.

by the way, guess who was tailgating right next to us in a big ass rv? none other than sheldon "the hit man" brown. we were next to him all day long. didn't realize it was him till we were about ready to roll into the game. we went over to him and were kinda small talking with him for a minute before he started to clean up shop and head into the game. :lol: what the hell's sheldon brown doing tailgating in the wachovia lot? thought that was pretty funny/weird.
    www.myspace.com
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943
    33 balls thrown his way all year,dude's a beast.

Nice. He seems like exactly the type of player the birds will target. He'd be a perfect fit.
    The Fixer wrote:

forget the interception

i don't know. i think they achieved up to their talent level and left some on the table. can't forget not showing up to that vikings game. that put us in this position today instead of waiting around to play the seahawks next week :x (that actually hurt to type that) . ah well. it is what it is....it's too damn familiar though.

by the way, guess who was tailgating right next to us in a big ass rv? none other than sheldon "the hit man" brown. we were next to him all day long. didn't realize it was him till we were about ready to roll into the game. we went over to him and were kinda small talking with him for a minute before he started to clean up shop and head into the game. :lol: what the hell's sheldon brown doing tailgating in the wachovia lot? thought that was pretty funny/weird.

that is weird. if I was an nfl player the last place I'd want to be was with a bunch of eagles fans

jeags, what did you think of the crowd??? weak as hell right? I thought I was at a PJ concert in florida
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that is weird. if I was an nfl player the last place I'd want to be was with a bunch of eagles fans

jeags, what did you think of the crowd??? weak as hell right? I thought I was at a PJ concert in florida

all i know is i got a bunch of shit for standing up for most of the game :roll: . so, yeah, it was bit weak, especially early on. got loud at the end. not the best of efforts though.
    www.myspace.com
    Kevin Kolb wants out of Philadelphia if the Eagles bring back Michael Vick as their starter, sources tell beat writer Jeff McLane.
    Vick is almost certainly going to be brought back via the franchise tag, so Kolb is trying to set the stage for a trade. The problem is that the Eagles likely want Kolb as a backup to the injury-prone Vick. They reportedly are asking an outrageous price for Kolb -- at least two first-round picks. Trade rumors surrounding Kolb will persist throughout the offseason.
    Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

all i know is i got a bunch of shit for standing up for most of the game :roll: . so, yeah, it was bit weak, especially early on. got loud at the end. not the best of efforts though.

same here. I think people thought they were stuck to their seats. bunch of pussies
    Kevin Kolb wants out of Philadelphia if the Eagles bring back Michael Vick as their starter, sources tell beat writer Jeff McLane.
    Vick is almost certainly going to be brought back via the franchise tag, so Kolb is trying to set the stage for a trade. The problem is that the Eagles likely want Kolb as a backup to the injury-prone Vick. They reportedly are asking an outrageous price for Kolb -- at least two first-round picks. Trade rumors surrounding Kolb will persist throughout the offseason.
    Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

beat it kolb. i say get what we can for him. he deserves a shot to start and he's not gonna get it here. i will say this about the kolber, dude's a professional and has handled himself with class here....then again, we did give him 12 million to ride the bench :mrgreen:

we can always find a veteran back up and keep kafka in the mix as the 3rd qb.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.