• booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Go Pack Go!

Almost as bad as E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PLAYOFF TICKETS?!?!?!

vs packers this sunday @ 4:30...
    section 220, row 28, seats 1 and 2
    300 for pair....over 60 less than cheapest pair of tix on stubhub.

pm me if you're interested....thanks!

(and yes, i am going to the game--just selling these two ;) )

go. birds.

I thought Fixer was buying these ??
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    going to be a tough game. have to score in the 30s at least to win. don't see our D holding the Pack under 21 or so. I'll take the Birds but it wouldn't surprise me to see this game go in almost any direction.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    PLAYOFF TICKETS?!?!?!

go. birds.

nah not anymore. do you want them?
    www.myspace.com
    i remember it all too well. b west went down for the season in that one if i'm not mistaken...

I think that was in a ridiculous loss at home to the 49ers.

we're both wrong. it was against washington. a saturday night game, i think.

that 49ers game was one of the best times i've ever had a birds game actually. late game. tailgate was phenomenal. and i remember they played roadhouse blues during a 4th quarter timeout and the whole stadium sang along. pretty cool. they usually play crappy music down there. this was one of the few times they catered to their audience.
    www.myspace.com
    birds -2.5

i don't like it.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    birds -2.5

i don't like it.

Swiss. Cheese.
    birds -2.5

i don't like it.

Swiss. Cheese.

i prefer muenster.
    www.myspace.com
    PLAYOFF TICKETS?!?!?!

go. birds.

nah not anymore. do you want them?

No...I'll be at a buddy's house

birds -2.5

i don't like it.

My guess was -3

So..not far off

birds -2.5

i don't like it.

My guess was -3

So..not far off

i was thinking -4... :problem:
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Please destroy the Puke Green and Piss Yellow. Thank you.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    There are games this week?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I wouldnt be suprised if the pack knock vick out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    good article about the birds' gameplan vs rogers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/movi ... dgers.html
    To expect the D to carry this team against the Packers is unrealistic. But the goal should be to create turnovers and limit big plays in the passing game. If the Eagles can do those two things through three quarters, Michael Vick should have a chance to win the game in the fourth.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Miami game will be a reprisal of the 2003 takeover on MNF. Remember Al Michaels talking about hearing Fly Eagles Fly 100 times in the crab shack the night before?

i remember it all too well. b west went down for the season in that one if i'm not mistaken...

Wasn't AJ Feely the QB for that miami game?

I have absolutely no read on sunday's game. No expectations or predictions. I got nothing
  • I'm predicting a shootout, with my beloved Birds letting me down and choking yet again.

They will NEVER, mark my words, NEVER WIN a Superbowl.
    I knew it all along, see?
    I'm predicting a shootout, with my beloved Birds letting me down and choking yet again.

aren't you the guy who was all over sheldon brown's nuts? you told us that brown was a top 5 corner in the NFL, so I'm not sure your opinion holds much weight around here
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I'm predicting a shootout, with my beloved Birds letting me down and choking yet again.

Not with that attitude they wont.
  • The Fixer wrote:

aren't you the guy who was all over sheldon brown's nuts? you told us that brown was a top 5 corner in the NFL, so I'm not sure your opinion holds much weight around here

And I backed it up by showing stat sheets that showed he had top five numbers for 3 seasons in a row. Silly me, relying on subjective things like numbers and statistics instead of name recognition. Hey, Chris Johnson is still the best running back in the league, right? ;)
    I knew it all along, see?
    The Fixer wrote:

And I backed it up by showing stat sheets that showed he had top five numbers for 3 seasons in a row. Silly me, relying on subjective things like numbers and statistics instead of name recognition. Hey, Chris Johnson is still the best running back in the league, right? ;)

yep, stats never lie. jose bautista hit more homers than anyone in baseball, so he is obviously the best player

sheldon brown dude. really
    shit, I'd take sheldon brown playing corner right now. Top 5 def not, but he's better then every CB who filled in since
    booomm11 wrote:
    shit, I'd take sheldon brown playing corner right now. Top 5 def not, but he's better then every CB who filled in since

yeah, that's an entirely different argument. christ, any of us is better than ellis hobbs

wish the birds were playing on saturday
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

yeah, that's an entirely different argument. christ, any of us is better than ellis hobbs

agreed, could really put a load on.... not saying i won't anyways
    booomm11 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

agreed, could really put a load on.... not saying i won't anyways

dude...i was sooooo hoping for a saturday game. oh well. monday will be a battle.

interesting discussion about sheldon. i guess that trade did not work out as well as i thought it might back in the spring time. we ended up getting ernie simms in a round about way (with gocong leaving with brown). but he was just okay this year. i don't think sheldon's as good as johnny a does, but right corner is definitely the biggest weakness on the roster right now....well that and right guard. the d could have used his leadership this year too, especially with all the injuries.

right guard and corner back. top two priorites in april. better be, at least.
    www.myspace.com
    this certainly isn't encouraging...

The reasons are myriad, but they start with the most volatile player on the Philadelphia offense, QB Michael Vick.

Vick is playing so poorly that Sal Paolantonio said in a recent interview with ESPN Radio host John Kincade that Reid could bench Vick in the playoffs if his play did not improve.

There is good reason for Reid to feel that way. This season, Vick has a 4.6 percent bad-decision rate (a bad decision being defined as when a quarterback does something with the ball that leads either to a turnover or a near turnover such as a dropped interception).

To put that total into perspective, consider that it is nine-tenths of a percentage point higher than the 3.7 percent mark Brett Favre posted with the Jets in 2008. Favre's 22 interceptions were the most in the league that year and Vick's risk-taking pace this season has been significantly higher.

So why aren't Vick's interception totals higher? As was noted back in November, he's been quite lucky. He now has 25 near-interceptions to go along with his six interceptions and has thrown at least one pick in five straight games after having not thrown one in his first seven contests.

It's not just Vick's luck that has been running out. Lost in the tumult that was The Miracle of The New Meadowlands is that Vick had a really bad start to that game. In the seven quarters that bookended the comeback (i.e., the first three of the Week 15 Giants game and the full Week 16 game against the Vikings), Vick's passer rating was an abysmal 73.2.

That is not a good place to be when facing the Packers' defense. They have allowed the lowest passer rating of any team in the league (67.2) and rank second in interceptions (24). They also have nearly picked off 33 other passes and have forced opposing quarterbacks into bad decisions on 3.1 percent of their throws (3 percent being the benchmark for elite performance in this category).

Green Bay also has a set of very good cornerbacks, Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams. Woodson gets more attention because of his history, but Williams actually has a better yards per attempt (YPA) total than Woodson (5.9 for Williams, 7.4 for Woodson). Take out the 85-yard touchdown Williams gave up to Mario Manningham in Week 16 when he slipped in coverage, and his YPA total would drop to 4.9, which is a 2006 Champ Bailey-like number. Together, Woodson and Williams are quite capable of slowing down the Eagles' star wide receiver pairing of DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin.

If that isn't enough, the Packers also rank second in the league in sacks. The book on Vick is that his performance goes south whenever he gets hit, and this stat indicates Green Bay is quite capable of doing that.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    this certainly isn't encouraging...

The reasons are myriad, but they start with the most volatile player on the Philadelphia offense, QB Michael Vick.

Vick is playing so poorly that Sal Paolantonio said in a recent interview with ESPN Radio host John Kincade that Reid could bench Vick in the playoffs if his play did not improve.

There is good reason for Reid to feel that way. This season, Vick has a 4.6 percent bad-decision rate (a bad decision being defined as when a quarterback does something with the ball that leads either to a turnover or a near turnover such as a dropped interception).

To put that total into perspective, consider that it is nine-tenths of a percentage point higher than the 3.7 percent mark Brett Favre posted with the Jets in 2008. Favre's 22 interceptions were the most in the league that year and Vick's risk-taking pace this season has been significantly higher.

So why aren't Vick's interception totals higher? As was noted back in November, he's been quite lucky. He now has 25 near-interceptions to go along with his six interceptions and has thrown at least one pick in five straight games after having not thrown one in his first seven contests.

It's not just Vick's luck that has been running out. Lost in the tumult that was The Miracle of The New Meadowlands is that Vick had a really bad start to that game. In the seven quarters that bookended the comeback (i.e., the first three of the Week 15 Giants game and the full Week 16 game against the Vikings), Vick's passer rating was an abysmal 73.2.

That is not a good place to be when facing the Packers' defense. They have allowed the lowest passer rating of any team in the league (67.2) and rank second in interceptions (24). They also have nearly picked off 33 other passes and have forced opposing quarterbacks into bad decisions on 3.1 percent of their throws (3 percent being the benchmark for elite performance in this category).

Green Bay also has a set of very good cornerbacks, Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams. Woodson gets more attention because of his history, but Williams actually has a better yards per attempt (YPA) total than Woodson (5.9 for Williams, 7.4 for Woodson). Take out the 85-yard touchdown Williams gave up to Mario Manningham in Week 16 when he slipped in coverage, and his YPA total would drop to 4.9, which is a 2006 Champ Bailey-like number. Together, Woodson and Williams are quite capable of slowing down the Eagles' star wide receiver pairing of DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin.

If that isn't enough, the Packers also rank second in the league in sacks. The book on Vick is that his performance goes south whenever he gets hit, and this stat indicates Green Bay is quite capable of doing that.

This is the guy I remember from the Falcons, and the main reason I didn't want the Birds to sign him. I hope he proves me wrong again. Of course, I don't think Kolb would do much better. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    just locked up tickets for sunday on ticketmaster. face value for club level seats. never sat in that area before
  • The Fixer wrote:
    just locked up tickets for sunday on ticketmaster. face value for club level seats. never sat in that area before

I haven't either, but I've heard great things. Real, full-service bars, good food, alcohol served until 2 hours after the game, good bathrooms.

That's ok, I'll have my own open bar from my beer fridge in the basement. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited January 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

I haven't either, but I've heard great things. Real, full-service bars, good food, alcohol served until 2 hours after the game, good bathrooms.

That's ok, I'll have my own open bar from my beer fridge in the basement. :D

you'll love it there dude. i had tix there for the colts game. pricey but a damn good time. get there early and watch the first game there. starting next year, i think we're gonna do one game in club suite per year. totally worth it.

someone told me the eagles released extra tix today because the packers returned some. i guess that's what you got? well played.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.