THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    why? i enjoy watching games in the comfort of my own living room. you must too since you never actually go to games. most people seem to feel the same way. want a chance to see the linc? i'm selling my cowboys tickets. let me know if you're interested...

no thanks. no real interest in going down to Eagles games. hate the cold weather, not worth the hassle of getting there hours before the game, can sit at home and watch redzone and get updates to all games, beer is cold and close, no line for the bathroom - so absolutely no benefit to going to games as long as the minions keep buying up all the tickets and every game is on tv. love going to phils games and the occasional flyers game though - those fans and the atmosphere in general are nowhere near as hard to deal with.

totally agree with that assessment (though phils games were brutal this past year). you just summed up why I only go to prime time games. I love sundays on the couch. Every sunday I used to go to a buddy's place who has 6 direct TV feeds in his basement. Since the Redzone channel came on I have been to his place once.

jeags, good luck getting face for those tix. that's a tough sell
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    why? i enjoy watching games in the comfort of my own living room. you must too since you never actually go to games. most people seem to feel the same way. want a chance to see the linc? i'm selling my cowboys tickets. let me know if you're interested...

no thanks. no real interest in going down to Eagles games. hate the cold weather, not worth the hassle of getting there hours before the game, can sit at home and watch redzone and get updates to all games, beer is cold and close, no line for the bathroom - so absolutely no benefit to going to games as long as the minions keep buying up all the tickets and every game is on tv. love going to phils games and the occasional flyers game though - those fans and the atmosphere in general are nowhere near as hard to deal with.

totally agree with that assessment (though phils games were brutal this past year). you just summed up why I only go to prime time games. I love sundays on the couch. Every sunday I used to go to a buddy's place who has 6 direct TV feeds in his basement. Since the Redzone channel came on I have been to his place once.

jeags, good luck getting face for those tix. that's a tough sell

not really. my buddy sold them to someone at his work this morning. :mrgreen:

are you still interested in my playoff tickets? i'm still going to flip them for 3 more. not sure on the price yet, but it will be less than the going rate on stubhub.
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Wobly Mike Vick+ Fumbles and Picks+Joe Webb= BEARS 1st round bye. thank you
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Wobly Mike Vick+ Fumbles and Picks+Joe Webb= BEARS 1st round bye. thank you

you're welcome.
    www.myspace.com

are you still interested in my playoff tickets? i'm still going to flip them for 3 more. not sure on the price yet, but it will be less than the going rate on stubhub.

nice. paying face for that game is the equivalent of buying enron stock. glad to hear you were able to find someone to take them though.

definitely still interested. if the game is on a saturday I will most likely take them. sunday might be tough for me with this new job. I guess we will know at this time next week
    The Fixer wrote:

nice. paying face for that game is the equivalent of buying enron stock. glad to hear you were able to find someone to take them though.

definitely still interested. if the game is on a saturday I will most likely take them. sunday might be tough for me with this new job. I guess we will know at this time next week

okay...i do have a feeling it will be the prime time game on sunday though
    www.myspace.com
    edited December 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

from a chick on my facebook:
    "Andy Reid is getting exposed by a 5-9 team.... really? If they blitz.... stop looking for the long routes!!! Even a girl knows that!"
    :lol:

I wish vick knew what an audible was. he was horrendous last night. that's 7 out of the last 8 qtrs he's been horrendous.

the guy had a great season, but he has been brutal in the last two games.

thank god I didn't go to that game last night

can't expect perfection every night. he was bad last night though. getting hurt on the first play and then having to pass 55 times doesn't help matters.

on a similar note, i wish someone will tell reid what an adjustment is before the playoffs.

big game-putrid performance in all phases. brutal.

It was a terrible performance by all, so there's lots of blame to go around.

vick had to know they were blitzing on passing downs. fucking learn to audible or check down. it was QB 101 shit. I think when he sees a blitz coming in his pre-snap read (assuming he has one), he thinks he can beat the defense with his legs, rather than adjusting the play to a run or hot read. then he drops back, sees the blitz coming, and holds the fucking ball - searching for a running lane

I have had a tough time watching vick over the last 8 qtrs. the end of the giants game was obviously awesome, but that was after they changed their defense and gave him room to run.

he's been great this year and the eagles aren't a playoff team without him. that said, he better get his shit together...the pack will be blitzing him the same way the vikes and gmen did.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    okay...i do have a feeling it will be the prime time game on sunday though

does the NFC have that slot? If they do I would bet that you're right. especially with the NFC west involved in the other game (though I'd assume that they couldn't get the 4:00 game on saturday).
  • The Fixer wrote:
    he's been great this year and the eagles aren't a playoff team without him. that said, he better get his shit together...the pack will be blitzing him the same way the vikes and gmen did.

Hasn't that been the MO on Vick his whole career ?

The Iggles contained him the same way when he played in Atlanta
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

not really. most teams would try to keep him in the pocket. he was so erratic with his throws that you don't want to blitz and give him running lanes by overpursuing or missing tackles. teams would try to make him beat them with his arm, not with his legs
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The way your oline/blitz pickup is, he'll be lucky to survive the first.half
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

not really. most teams would try to keep him in the pocket. he was so erratic with his throws that you don't want to blitz and give him running lanes by overpursuing or missing tackles. teams would try to make him beat them with his arm, not with his legs

We need the running game and some screens if teams are going to be blitz happy all game

Vick wont make it through the 1st playoff game the way this O-Line blocks on passing plays

I think Reid is having a bit of Buddy Ryan Syndrome and asking Vick to do too much like with Cunningham

The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I wish vick knew what an audible was. he was horrendous last night. that's 7 out of the last 8 qtrs he's been horrendous.

the guy had a great season, but he has been brutal in the last two games.

thank god I didn't go to that game last night

can't expect perfection every night. he was bad last night though. getting hurt on the first play and then having to pass 55 times doesn't help matters.

on a similar note, i wish someone will tell reid what an adjustment is before the playoffs.

big game-putrid performance in all phases. brutal.

It was a terrible performance by all, so there's lots of blame to go around.

vick had to know they were blitzing on passing downs. fucking learn to audible or check down. it was QB 101 shit. I think when he sees a blitz coming in his pre-snap read (assuming he has one), he thinks he can beat the defense with his legs, rather than adjusting the play to a run or hot read. then he drops back, sees the blitz coming, and holds the fucking ball.

I have had a tough time watching vick over the last 8 qtrs. the end of the giants game was obviously awesome, but that was after they changed their defense and gave him room to run.

no i agree. i also agree with jp in that it looked like he was reverting back to his old ways. part of that last night, i thought, was because he got hurt early and was under duress the entire game. reid and marty can't let him get complacent. they have to keep coaching him. vick is still a work in progress at this point.

but how do you not account for that blitz though? even after halftime when you've had time to digest what the vikes were throwing at you? they were even saying on the telecast that it was right out of jim johnson's old playbook so we shouldn't have been that blindsided. put an extra blocker on that side. call more screens. call more runs to keep them honest (and protect your qb). these are the things that always bug me about reid. hopefully they're more prepared for the playoffs after what's essentially a bye week.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

We need the running game and some screens if teams are going to be blitz happy all game

Vick wont make it through the 1st playoff game the way this O-Line blocks on passing plays

I think Reid is having a bit of Buddy Ryan Syndrome and asking Vick to do too much like with Cunningham

lesean mccoy is one of the best backs in the league and i think his talents are kind of being wasted. running the ball also lets your shaky offensive line get into a rhythm rather then always being on the defensive in the passing game.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Absolutely reverting back to his old ways. And this may sound crazy, but that Superman performance of his in the 4th quarter of that Giants game might have been worse thing than a good thing. Because that performance was based on Old Mike Vick - commit to run before the snap happens, can't find your one receiver then run, etc. etc. And that's good and all of taking over a game single-handedly for one quarter but not for an entire game. The reason Vick has really excelled this year is because he stayed in the pocket, evaluated the field(his options), and then made a decision. Now it's like '06 all over again - if you can't find your main target(first) receiver, then either make a dumb decision and force it(INT) or immediately run. And for most of the season he was keeping the discipline to keep the ball secured high with two hands high when standing in the pocket, and now he's back to keeping the ball out in the open down low(the fumble/sack). Like I said, if I'm going to have Old Mike Vick back then get rid of him.
  • lesean mccoy is one of the best backs in the league and i think his talents are kind of being wasted. running the ball also lets your shaky offensive line get into a rhythm rather then always being on the defensive in the passing game.

I totally agree

Our 1st 2nd half possession we're down 10-7...

1st Down...Vick in the shotgun
    2nd Down...Sack
    3rd Down...Incomplete pass

It's a 3 point game your QB is limping around..the blitzing is non stop not one screen or running play

Vick was off throwing the ball as it is..for that reason alone run the ball and do high percentage dump offs to ease the pressure and let him try to get a rhythm...then go for the long balls

• Absolutely reverting back to his old ways. And this may sound crazy, but that Superman performance of his in the 4th quarter of that Giants game might have been worse thing than a good thing. Because that performance was based on Old Mike Vick - commit to run before the snap happens, can't find your one receiver then run, etc. etc. And that's good and all of taking over a game single-handedly for one quarter but not for an entire game. The reason Vick has really excelled this year is because he stayed in the pocket, evaluated the field(his options), and then made a decision. Now it's like '06 all over again - if you can't find your main target(first) receiver, then either make a dumb decision and force it(INT) or immediately run. And for most of the season he was keeping the discipline to keep the ball secured high with two hands high when standing in the pocket, and now he's back to keeping the ball out in the open down low(the fumble/sack). Like I said, if I'm going to have Old Mike Vick back then get rid of him.

Next thing ya know he's asking for a dog..oh wait

:o :shock:

but how do you not account for that blitz though?

yeah, I hear you. after the game celek said that the vikes were showing blitz on one side, dropping out, and bringing a dback from the other side. he said there was a lot of confusion up front. you would think they could figure that out after a qtr or two.

oh well, it's over with. their road just got a whole hell of a lot tougher with rodgers looming in 2 weeks.
    Absolutely reverting back to his old ways. And this may sound crazy, but that Superman performance of his in the 4th quarter of that Giants game might have been worse thing than a good thing. Because that performance was based on Old Mike Vick - commit to run before the snap happens, can't find your one receiver then run, etc. etc. And that's good and all of taking over a game single-handedly for one quarter but not for an entire game. The reason Vick has really excelled this year is because he stayed in the pocket, evaluated the field(his options), and then made a decision. Now it's like '06 all over again - if you can't find your main target(first) receiver, then either make a dumb decision and force it(INT) or immediately run. And for most of the season he was keeping the discipline to keep the ball secured high with two hands high when standing in the pocket, and now he's back to keeping the ball out in the open down low(the fumble/sack). Like I said, if I'm going to have Old Mike Vick back then get rid of him.

i have faith in andy and marty's ability to get him back on track. it's not like the previous 13 games were a mirage. in a way they really have to get him back on track because they essentially put all their chips on number 7 this year.

also--like the giants game may have been a bad thing, maybe crashing back to reality last night could be a good thing. he certainly says all the right things after the game.

the way i am looking at it is this was the december redskins loss in '08. a wake up call. but we'll be at home and rested in the playoffs this time around. all things considered, that is a good thing.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

lesean mccoy is one of the best backs in the league and i think his talents are kind of being wasted. running the ball also lets your shaky offensive line get into a rhythm rather then always being on the defensive in the passing game.

the thing with mccoy is that i don't think he's built to carry 20 times a week. now if you want to argue that harrison/mccoy needed to carry the ball more, I'd have to agree. especially with the way the QB was struggling.

this is a good post.

for the record, I said vick played like dog shit for 3 qtrs vs the gmen and I was shredded here
    The Fixer wrote:

the thing with mccoy is that i don't think he's built to carry 20 times a week. now if you want to argue that harrison/mccoy needed to carry the ball more, I'd have to agree. especially with the way the QB was struggling.

i dunno. he carried the ball--per game-- a lot more at pitt. i think he can handle it.

but yeah--i would love to see shady get 15 or 16 carries and let harrison have about 5. harrison can be decent in that kind of role. i don't know why we keep him on the bench.
    www.myspace.com
  • Speaking of Harrison..did he even need a shower after the game ?

Did he have any carries ??

I like the way he runs

The Fixer wrote:

this is a good post.

for the record, I said vick played like dog shit for 3 qtrs vs the gmen and I was shredded here

you were shredded by a steelers fan who lives in oregon :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    The Fixer wrote:

this is a good post.

Fixer, I just think it was that one douche Birds fan whom I've NEVER seen post here say something to you. And where's he at now? Exactly.

In all reality they've played 1 good quarter in the last 8. No good. I wouldn't be as disappointed if Vick didn't show the potential to be a really solid QB. I had no problem watching this team fail and develop, but the former had to happen. And as usual.....JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT, THEY PULL ME BACK IN.
  • but yeah--i would love to see shady get 15 or 16 carries and let harrison have about 5. harrison can be decent in that kind of role. i don't know why we keep him on the bench.

How long have we been saying this under the Reid era ?

He would use Buckhalter twice in a game and then disappear for games

Sadly it's not going to change

The Fixer wrote:

i dunno. he carried the ball--per game-- a lot more at pitt. i think he can handle it.

but yeah--i would love to see shady get 15 or 16 carries and let harrison have about 5. harrison can be decent in that kind of role. i don't know why we keep him on the bench.

getting hit by college kids is a little different than getting hit by nfl monsters. mccoy also has 80 catches this year, so can't forget he's getting hit on those touches too.

your mccoy/harrison ratio would be perfect.
    The Fixer wrote:

this is a good post.

yeah, you guys are right. my bad
  • The Fixer wrote:

this is a good post.

Ya can't blame the guy...I wouldn't root for the Seahawks either

:lol:

How long have we been saying this under the Reid era ?

He would use Buckhalter twice in a game and then disappear for games

Sadly it's not going to change

hey we had that 3 headed monster that worked to perfection in '03. we ran the ball quite a bit before 04 actually. i think brad childress had a lot to do with that back then. awful head coach-good coordinator. wouldn't mind seeing him come back in that role if marty leaves...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.