THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Fuck it. I kinda agree with Reid, though, after thinking it over. Play the starters. They didn't earn the rest, and who's to say they sit out next week and then all of a sudden turn it on in the playoffs?

when did he say he was playing them? i'd at least give vick the week off. he was getting murdered out there tonight.

Just watched his news conference, and they were also saying that's what he was relaying in the locker room - they don't deserve it nor are good enough to take the time off.

I'm sure they'll be reasonable with Vick.

All I know is Rodgers is going to make swiss cheese out of the secondary in a couple weeks.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Fuck it. I kinda agree with Reid, though, after thinking it over. Play the starters. They didn't earn the rest, and who's to say they sit out next week and then all of a sudden turn it on in the playoffs?

when did he say he was playing them? i'd at least give vick the week off. he was getting murdered out there tonight.

Just watched his news conference, and they were also saying that's what he was relaying in the locker room - they don't deserve it nor are good enough to take the time off.

I'm sure they'll be reasonable with Vick.

All I know is Rodgers is going to make swiss cheese out of the secondary in a couple weeks.

somebody emailed the csn postgame show and said d gunn was the only guy patterson could stay with all night. :lol: patterson is like wilson valdez---you play him long enough and you find out why he's been a career back up. he stinks.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

Yeah Rodgers :D
    crazypjfan wrote:

what are you a packers fan now?
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

In two weeks I may be....Are you on fraud alert?!
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

In two weeks I may be....Are you on fraud alert?!

your team is horrendous. beat it.
    www.myspace.com

I think we'll see McGee at Qh for the Cowboys next week. Back-to-back losses to third team qb's?
    crazypjfan wrote:

I think we'll see McGee at Qh for the Cowboys next week. Back-to-back losses to third team qb's?

as far as i'm concerned, this is a bye week. the cowboys are irrelevant. just stay healthy.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    pjhawks wrote:
    it's better than only have one post with nothing interesting to read though isn't it? :D

Yea, our threads are definitely more interesting than all those other threads.

So, phhawks, is it ok if I wear my B-Dawk jersey tonight? ;):lol: :P

damn dude if only you had worn a Jackson or McCoy jersey we might have won that game. bad call on your part. oh well always next week.

jaegs would it be considered being a fraud season ticket holder if you sell/give away tickets to half the games every year? I vote yes but just wondered what you thought.

usually i am against violence against women but the woman who they showed on tv wearing the brett favre packers jersey could have used a good smack in the back of the head in my opinion.

in all seriousness (the above is supposed to be funny and sarcastic don't get you panties in a bunch guys) we just lowered our chances of getting to the Super Bowl from about 40% to 15%. winning 3 games in the playoffs to get there with this defense is going to be very difficult.

mccoy should be on the all-pro team.

vick was just awful last night. 3 to's and should have been at least 5. he also missed a bunch of open receivers. make him the 3rd qb on sunday.

man i hate have LBs in the game on 3rd and long. call timeout and have Chaney down the field covering Harvin, just can't understand that.

bring out the white guy team for sunday, lots of kolb, chad hall, riley cooper, etc.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    it's better than only have one post with nothing interesting to read though isn't it? :D

Yea, our threads are definitely more interesting than all those other threads.

damn dude if only you had worn a Jackson or McCoy jersey we might have won that game. bad call on your part. oh well always next week.

jaegs would it be considered being a fraud season ticket holder if you sell/give away tickets to half the games every year? I vote yes but just wondered what you thought.
    etc.

why? i enjoy watching games in the comfort of my own living room. you must too since you never actually go to games. most people seem to feel the same way. want a chance to see the linc? i'm selling my cowboys tickets. let me know if you're interested...
    www.myspace.com
    well it's the morning after....silver lining time. this isn't the end of the world:
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2010 ... he-vikings

1) The Eagles should now have 2 weeks to prepare for the Green Bay Packers. In a weird way, that's almost like a bye. In the Andy Reid era, the Eagles are 12-0 in regular season games after a bye week. If you count the 3 seasons the Eagles had first round byes in the playoffs, the Eagles are 15-0 after bye weeks. It's not a guarantee that the Eagles will face the Packers of course, which means they could be wasting their time preparing for them over the next 5 days, but the alternatives would be a team they already know extremely well (the Giants) or the longshot Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

2) The Eagles also know exactly who their 2nd round opponent will be should they advance past the first round. It would be the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. In the NFL, after the first round of the playoffs are complete, the highest seed plays the lowest seed still remaining. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney, where you can often have the 1 seed playing the 8 seed in the 2nd round, while you have a couple Cindarella teams like a 12 seed and a 13 seed playing each other. Since the Eagles are locked in as the 3 seed, they would be the highest seed remaining if they were to advance to the 2nd round, and therefore would face the Bears, not the likely 1 seed Falcons. The Bears aren't necessarily the better matchup, but there is a bit of an advantage in knowing your exact playoff schedule a few weeks in advance.

3) The Eagles can get healthy. Michael Vick will assuredly sit next week. Ditto that for Asante Samuel, LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Trent Cole, and so on. On a side note, the Eagles will also hope to have Stewart Bradley ready to go by the first week of the playoffs. Had the Eagles won tonight, and then again next week against Dallas with the starters going full bore, there's no guarantee the Bears wouldn't just clinch the 2 seed anyway, and the Eagles could have potentially been limping into the first week of the playoffs while playing 3 games in 12 days. A week off at this point in the season is huge, whether you get that via a first round bye, or via sitting all your starters in a meaningless game Week 17.

4) It's never a bad thing to get some of your reserves out on the field for the sake of evaluation and experience. The meaningless game next week will give the Eagles that opportunity, even if it's for an undesirable reason.

In the 5 stages of grief, I guess you could say I was in "denial" sometime around halftime, "anger" after the Adrian Peterson TD to put the Vikes up 10, and the above writeup places me squarely in the "bargaining" stage. "Depression" will set in when I read all week about how bad the Eagles are and how they'll be bounced in the first round of the playoffs, and eventually I'll finally land on "acceptance" sometime around kickoff next week.

But just know, this loss to the Vikings, although a complete disaster of a performance, really isn't the end of the world. Chin up - The Eagles are still the NFC East champs, they have the most explosive offense in the NFL, and can beat any team in the league. Vent however you vent, and know that there's still plenty of football upcoming for the Eagles.
    www.myspace.com
    why? i enjoy watching games in the comfort of my own living room. you must too since you never actually go to games. most people seem to feel the same way. want a chance to see the linc? i'm selling my cowboys tickets. let me know if you're interested...

no thanks. no real interest in going down to Eagles games. hate the cold weather, not worth the hassle of getting there hours before the game, can sit at home and watch redzone and get updates to all games, beer is cold and close, no line for the bathroom - so absolutely no benefit to going to games as long as the minions keep buying up all the tickets and every game is on tv. love going to phils games and the occasional flyers game though - those fans and the atmosphere in general are nowhere near as hard to deal with.
    pjhawks wrote:

no thanks. no real interest in going down to Eagles games. hate the cold weather, not worth the hassle of getting there hours before the game, can sit at home and watch redzone and get updates to all games, beer is cold and close, no line for the bathroom - so absolutely no benefit to going to games as long as the minions keep buying up all the tickets and every game is on tv. love going to phils games and the occasional flyers game though - those fans and the atmosphere in general are nowhere near as hard to deal with.

okay then. good talk russ.
    www.myspace.com
    for anyone else, let me know if you want my cowboys tickets. face value...thanks.
    www.myspace.com
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

1) The Eagles should now have 2 weeks to prepare for the Green Bay Packers. In a weird way, that's almost like a bye. In the Andy Reid era, the Eagles are 12-0 in regular season games after a bye week. If you count the 3 seasons the Eagles had first round byes in the playoffs, the Eagles are 15-0 after bye weeks. It's not a guarantee that the Eagles will face the Packers of course, which means they could be wasting their time preparing for them over the next 5 days, but the alternatives would be a team they already know extremely well (the Giants) or the longshot Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

On the flip side - this may not be good for Vick - to have a long gap after a bad performance.......and then try to restart in playoff game.....
    UpSideDown wrote:

On the flip side - this may not be good for Vick - to have a long gap after a bad performance.......and then try to restart in playoff game.....

true. hey when the entire team fails to show up for a huge game, this is the situation you're dealt with. it is what it is. looking for glimmers of hope here!
    www.myspace.com
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    for anyone else, let me know if you want my cowboys tickets. face value...thanks.

I may be interested. Im a cowboys fan - are you willing to split the hospital bill and/or bail money?
    UpSideDown wrote:

I may be interested. Im a cowboys fan - are you willing to split the hospital bill and/or bail money?

Yeah, its a shame that you can't go to a football game in Philly and not have to worry about getting injured by idiot fans...

I saw the Boys play the Eagles last in Philly in 1993 when Emmitt rushed for well over 200 yards in the rain. It was a brutal experience because of a few jerks sitting near us..
  • Not enough Adjectives to describe how bad this team played

I am concerned...this season is ending eerily similar to last year

Even though they say its hard to beat a team 3 times I think I want the Giants here..Eli can keep us in the game with his bone headed plays...I doubt we get the Giants but I never thought Joe Webb would beat us at home

On the flip side the Giants D is tougher then the Packers

Rodgers and the Packers will be flying coming into this game...I don't see a way to stop them

Certain players have to sit

Vick..Asante...DJax..McCoy

Let Chubby play his boy Chad Hall all phuckin day
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

Yeah, its a shame that you can't go to a football game in Philly and not have to worry about getting injured by idiot fans...

How many other Stadiums are like that across the league ?

With that said ...I'm an Eagles fan I wouldn't take my wife or daughter to an Eagles game in Philly

Maybe pre-season :D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    If not for the comeback win against the Giants and the close win over the Cowboys(Boys should have won that one), the Eagles would be 8-7. This might have put them out of the playoffs...

So, the Eagles are not as good as everyone thinks and are NOT going anywhere this postseason. Hey, they weren't even supposed to be where they are right now so it's not all bad. They will be decent for a few years with their youth and explosiveness but they just won't be able to grind out 3 victories against the NFC competition this year. I just don't see it happening...
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    That Giant game was like eating 5 E-pills or Molly whtv these kids take these days, they seemed burnt out and depressed...

D scares me
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    crazypjfan wrote:
    If not for the comeback win against the Giants and the close win over the Cowboys(Boys should have won that one), the Eagles would be 8-7. This might have put them out of the playoffs...

So, the Eagles are not as good as everyone thinks and are NOT going anywhere this postseason. Hey, they weren't even supposed to be where they are right now so it's not all bad. They will be decent for a few years with their youth and explosiveness but they just won't be able to grind out 3 victories against the NFC competition this year. I just don't see it happening...

you've just described about 24 of the teams in the nfl - that is what the nfl is dude. 90% of the teams are a few plays away from 8-8. and if the queen had balls she be king.
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    If not for the comeback win against the Giants and the close win over the Cowboys(Boys should have won that one), the Eagles would be 8-7. This might have put them out of the playoffs....

you've just described about 24 of the teams in the nfl - that is what the nfl is dude.

No, I described the Eagles specifically by mentioning the Giants and Cowboys games that they barely won just recently. Pay attention! ;)
  • crazypjfan wrote:

The Eagles winning those games shows that that ARE as good as we think. ("they are who we thought they were!!") THAT is what makes a team good: getting those wins, making the huge comeback, going for big plays.

Last night was UGGGGLY! They played poorly, had terrible time-out management, and just looked bad. That happens sometimes, and they should have lost worse than they did based on almost-interceptions. New game next time, and I think they'll be ready.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • pjhawks wrote:

Yep, bad call. That Dawk jersey has a dreadful history too. Oh well, it's all my fault.

Everybody's right about the crowd. Totally shitty. People in my section wouldn't even stand up for 3rd downs. Everybody cleared out when it was 17-7 - just ridiculous.

The Eagles played some shenanigans with not showing replays of close calls that went our way, and showing 5 replays of close calls that went the Vikings way.

pjhawks - just a little constructive criticism, please don't bite my head off. The plural of jersey is jerseys (no apostrophe). Saying "jersey's" means something is the property of the jersey, which makes no sense. Maybe some of us cut class in 4th grade. :P ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    crazypjfan wrote:

i was actually beginning to think you knew a little bit of what you were talking about...and then this post happened. what you just described is how most team's season's play out. the difference between a good team, like the eagles, and a bad team like the cowboys, is the good teams find ways to win in adversity.

don't let your bitterness over another bad cowboys team get in the way of objectivity.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

from a chick on my facebook:
    "Andy Reid is getting exposed by a 5-9 team.... really? If they blitz.... stop looking for the long routes!!! Even a girl knows that!"
    :lol:

I wish vick knew what an audible was. he was horrendous last night. that's 7 out of the last 8 qtrs he's been horrendous.

the guy had a great season, but he has been brutal in the last two games. the losses certainly aren't entirely his fault. this team just isn't good enough to be serious SB contenders. tHe o-line and defense are awful.

thank god I didn't go to that game last night
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

yep. absolutely the worst case scenario. fuckin A
    The Fixer wrote:

from a chick on my facebook:
    "Andy Reid is getting exposed by a 5-9 team.... really? If they blitz.... stop looking for the long routes!!! Even a girl knows that!"
    :lol:

I wish vick knew what an audible was. he was horrendous last night. that's 7 out of the last 8 qtrs he's been horrendous.

the guy had a great season, but he has been brutal in the last two games.

thank god I didn't go to that game last night

can't expect perfection every night. he was bad last night though. getting hurt on the first play and then having to pass 55 times doesn't help matters.

on a similar note, i wish someone will tell reid what an adjustment is before the playoffs.

big game-putrid performance in all phases. brutal.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.