THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    what happens if GB and NYG both lose? which of those teams get the six seed?

I want no part of either team in the first round.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Horos wrote:

I always assumed you weren't too bright reading your posts. Not to observant either. I've always been a Steelers fan. Still want to compare stats?

Steelers fan in oregon?? Yeah, that makes sense.

Now beat it

He'll tell you how he's been a Stillers fan longer than you've been alive. So watch out.

He must have a deep affiliation to the city of pittsburgh. you know, since he's 3000 miles away
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    The Fixer wrote:

GB I would think since they beat NY.
    The Fixer wrote:

and there's your worst case scenario for the birds. Rodgers would throw for 800 yards on this shitty secondary
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

and there's your worst case scenario for the birds. Rodgers would throw for 800 yards on this shitty secondary

Pick. us. apart.

Let them beat Chicago and play Atlanta in Atlanta. That works a lot better for me.
    The Fixer wrote:

Pick. us. apart.

Let them beat Chicago and play Atlanta in Atlanta. That works a lot better for me.

agreed. which means the birds get the saints. no picnic there either
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Pick. us. apart.

agreed. which means the birds get the saints. no picnic there either

Not at all, but I'd rather play them at home than in that obnoxious dome. Of course it'd be even nicer if Chicago wins and come here. There's no way we lose to them twice in a season with that game at home.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:
    Horos wrote:

I always assumed you weren't too bright reading your posts. Not to observant either. I've always been a Steelers fan. Still want to compare stats?

Now beat it
    Yeah I guess that's all you can say when you root for losers like the Eagles. Shit Ohio St. could probably beat the Eagles right now.

I'll beat it but I'll be back laughing when the Eagles are one and done.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Now beat it

He'll tell you how he's been a Stillers fan longer than you've been alive. So watch out.

I guess I was the only one smart enough to get out of that shithole called Pennsylvannia. But then again maybe it's too hard for you knuckleheads to realize people move. I can't say that about The Fixer because she's too shy to post her age. But it has been fun playing with you kids, now back to the adults.
    #FHP
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    what's that about ladies frames?

what is happening in here?
    www.myspace.com
    Horos wrote:
    I guess I was the only one smart enough to get out of that shithole called Pennsylvannia. But then again maybe it's too hard for you knuckleheads to realize people move. I can't say that about The Fixer because she's too shy to post her age. But it has been fun playing with you kids, now back to the adults.

There's Pennsyltucky. And then there's Philadelphia. Big difference.
    I'm too shy to post my age? what the fuck are you talking about? everyone here knows how old I am

the use of she was cute too. did you come up with that on your own?
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm too shy to post my age? what the fuck are you talking about? everyone here knows how old I am

what's his beef?

i don't get it...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

what's his beef?

i don't get it...

Obviously being a fraud first and foremost...
    The Fixer wrote:

what's his beef?

i don't get it...

Me either. apparently he doesn't like the eagles.

and he REALLY wants to know how old I am. I think that's weird
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

what's his beef?

i don't get it...

Me either. apparently he doesn't like the eagles.

and he REALLY wants to know how old I am. I think that's weird

Okay, sorry, I was wrong - these are 1 and 1A.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

how can they win 9-10 games? answer - coaching. i'll save this page so we can go back to this when they win 9 or 10 games and you guys are still bitching about Reid.

aw fuck, I'm agreeing with this dude?

love reid more than anyone...don't see this team winning 10 games. 9 is a definite possibility. analyzing the schedule is a waste of time

Man, pjhawks, you loooove Reid's jock like none other. And I'm not saying I'm not a fan of his as well, but you are absolutely ridiculous. Coaching is the reason they've been competitive for this long. I know that, so get the fuck off your fucking soap box because you reeeally come off as pretentious, condescending, and most importantly, fully douche-afied. My point is there's over 20 fucking rookies on this roster, and there's no conceivable reason - or at least anyone who uses rational thought - to think this team is a lock for 9, 10 wins when a lot of molding needs to be done. Now please, get off your knees, your scuffing the floor.

back to pages 32-34 of this thread for our pre-season predictions where i was ripped a new one by you guys. enjoy
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    aw fuck, I'm agreeing with this dude?

love reid more than anyone...don't see this team winning 10 games. 9 is a definite possibility. analyzing the schedule is a waste of time

Man, pjhawks, you loooove Reid's jock like none other. And I'm not saying I'm not a fan of his as well, but you are absolutely ridiculous. Coaching is the reason they've been competitive for this long. I know that, so get the fuck off your fucking soap box because you reeeally come off as pretentious, condescending, and most importantly, fully douche-afied. My point is there's over 20 fucking rookies on this roster, and there's no conceivable reason - or at least anyone who uses rational thought - to think this team is a lock for 9, 10 wins when a lot of molding needs to be done. Now please, get off your knees, your scuffing the floor.

back to pages 32-34 of this thread for our pre-season predictions where i was ripped a new one by you guys. enjoy

Like I said, I am a proponent of Reid, and I believed this team would finish around 8-8 - that could be anywhere 6-10 to 10-6. 8-8 is a mean. And this was wayyyy back when Kevin Kolb was the starting quarterback. Everything went out the window when Vick became the starting QB - I did a total 180. This is not a potential 12 game winner this year without Vick. That's a fact. If you want to say Reid is responsible for making Vick the QB, then more power to you. But this team is where it's at in 2010 solely because of the performance of Vick.
    pjhawks wrote:

Like I said, I am a proponent of Reid, and I believed this team would finish around 8-8 - that could be anywhere 6-10 to 10-6. 8-8 is a mean. And this was wayyyy back when Kevin Kolb was the starting quarterback. Everything went out the window when Vick became the starting QB - I did a total 180. This is not a potential 12 game winner this year without Vick. That's a fact. If you want to say Reid is responsible for making Vick the QB, then more power to you. But this team is where it's at in 2010 solely because of the performance of Vick.

pjhawk... :lol: he said that when kolb was the qb and didn't really base it on anything other than "coaching." he also suggested reid essentially go with 2 qb's and just play the hot hand which was utterly and completely ridiculous. with kolb this team struggles to win 8 or 9 games this year. i said back in september that vick instantly gives you an extra 2 wins....turns out its more. go. birds.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Just throw it to jackson
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawk... :lol: he said that when kolb was the qb and didn't really base it on anything other than "coaching." he also suggested reid essentially go with 2 qb's and just play the hot hand which was utterly and completely ridiculous. with kolb this team struggles to win 8 or 9 games this year. i said back in september that vick instantly gives you an extra 2 wins....turns out its more. go. birds.

come on jaegs read what he said. he called me pretentions, condescending, and douche and said no one could rationally predict 9 or 10 wins. i was ripped for saying Reid would get us to 10 wins and by gholly they got 10 with still 2 games to go. can't dispute facts.
    pjhawks wrote:
    not true at all - never thought the Eagles signing Vick was a good move.

Dude, you are really ridiculous. Since you're into reading only your comments without including the entire context of everything that's said in here - which seems to be an almost ongoing discussion at all times. I give you the above. Point blank - refer to page 35. That's you, buddy. Read it.

And of course you're pretentious, condescending, and a douche. Go back and read anything - especially the part you quoted - about how you write things. You lump everything into a mass generalization based off WIP. You are ridiculous. I don't even know why I'm even responding to you. Now if you'd like to read things in their complete context, start on page 1 and move forward.

And, Jeags, I never said for them to play the hot hand. When Kolb was named the starter back in the spring, I believed that was the way to go if that's the way they were going to go. Play it out and see what you've got. My thing was that they need to trial and error and grow. Things changed when Vick became Superman.
    pjhawks wrote:

Dude, you are really ridiculous. Since you're into reading only your comments without including the entire context of everything that's said in here - which seems to be an almost ongoing discussion at all times. I give you the above. Point blank - refer to page 35. That's you, buddy. Read it.

And of course you're pretentious, condescending, and a douche. Go back and read anything - especially the part you quoted - about how you write things. You lump everything into a mass generalization based off WIP. You are ridiculous. I don't even know why I'm even responding to you. Now if you'd like to read things in their complete context, start on page 1 and move forward.

And, Jeags, I never said for them to play the hot hand. When Kolb was named the starter back in the spring, I believed that was the way to go if that's the way they were going to go. Play it out and see what you've got. My thing was that they need to trial and error and grow. Things changed when Vick became Superman.

still don't think signing vick was a good move at the time but it worked out so far, mostly because of coaching. i'll be the 1st to admit that Vick has been a way better player than expected and has been a decent human being since being signed. unlike many here i have no problems admitting when i am wrong. i guess pointing out when i am right makes me pretentious, condescending and a douche. but feel free to call me names without actually acknowledging i was right and you were wrong.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Stop arguing, it's Christmastime....and it's a message board for Christ sake! ;)

I hope you all had a nice Christmas!

Vikings, 24-23 :lol::lol:

If you want to say Reid is responsible for making Vick the QB, then more power to you. But this team is where it's at in 2010 solely because of the performance of Vick.

You gotta give reid tons of credit for this season. One of his best coaching jobs yet

1 - Vick is on the team because Reid signed him
    2 - Reid got rid of mcnabb
    3 - Reid deserves credit for turning vick into an efficient QB
    4 - Reid was willing to bench his guy kolb, because he knew that gave the team the best chance to win games

I couldn't have been more wrong about the vick thing. I hated the signing and really hated the fact that kolb was benched in favor of vick. truth is, vick is a totally different player now. He's not the same guy from atlanta that I thought the birds were getting.

andy reid is the man.

also, this last page is tremendous. well done fellas
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Stop arguing, it's Christmastime....and it's a message board for Christ sake! ;)

I hope you all had a nice Christmas!

Vikings, 24-23 :lol::lol:

gotta keep the troops entertained and interested. always good to stir the pot once in a while to keep these threads going and on the top page dont you think? at least our philly team threads have some good arguments and comments.
    pjhawks wrote:

no no, pjhawks was the one who wanted to go to a 2 man qb system (and actually thought reid would do such a stupid thing). the minute someone thinks that's a good idea is the minute i take anything they say about football with a big spoonful of salt.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

no no, pjhawks was the one who wanted to go to a 2 man qb system (and actually thought reid would do such a stupid thing). the minute someone thinks that's a good idea is the minute i take anything they say about football with a big spoonful of salt.

never said that and if you read it that way they you were not understanding what i was saying then. what i said was Reid would ride the hot hand and as long as the o-line was leaky that Vick was the right choice at that time. If Vick had struggled surely he would have gone back to Kolb. No one could have forseen how good Vick has been even under the best possible scenario's no one saw this. At that time I thought there was a good chance Kolb might get back in as starter this year but so far hasn't happened because vick has been mvp-like. My comments at the time were based on the negative comments about Reid turning his back on and giving up on Kolb after only 2-3 games. I never saw it as that. I saw it as Vick gave them the best chance at that time and if that changed Reid wouldn't hesitate to go back to Kolb and that is still the case today. And seeing how backup QBs fair in the NFL no way I would trade Kolb or not re-sign Vick. Keep them both even if you have to overpay a bit. Worth it not to have to trot out a Mike McMahon-type loser as your backup again in the near future.
  • I always dread when I click on "first unread" in the Phils or Eagles thread and have 6 pages to go. Just wondering what stupid argument is to follow... :lol:

Ok, we're really playing tonight, right? I'm heading down soon. GO BIRDS!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

never said that and if you read it that way they you were not understanding what i was saying then. what i said was Reid would ride the hot hand and as long as the o-line was leaky that Vick was the right choice at that time. If Vick had struggled surely he would have gone back to Kolb. No one could have forseen how good Vick has been even under the best possible scenario's no one saw this. At that time I thought there was a good chance Kolb might get back in as starter this year but so far hasn't happened because vick has been mvp-like. My comments at the time were based on the negative comments about Reid turning his back on and giving up on Kolb after only 2-3 games. I never saw it as that. I saw it as Vick gave them the best chance at that time and if that changed Reid wouldn't hesitate to go back to Kolb and that is still the case today. And seeing how backup QBs fair in the NFL no way I would trade Kolb or not re-sign Vick. Keep them both even if you have to overpay a bit. Worth it not to have to trot out a Mike McMahon-type loser as your backup again in the near future.

"riding the hot hand" and flip flopping back to kolb if vick didn't play too well is the definition of a revolving door. this is not a difficult concept to grasp. i think i said this to you back in september. you make a choice. you stick with it. the locker room needs that continuity. andy reid knows that. what you are suggesting has never, ever worked.

also, the game you thought vick gave us the better chance to win in was against the jaguars who were dreadful at that time. :lol: please. sit the next few posts out dude. seriously.
    www.myspace.com
    I always dread when I click on "first unread" in the Phils or Eagles thread and have 6 pages to go. Just wondering what stupid argument is to follow... :lol:

Ok, we're really playing tonight, right? I'm heading down soon. GO BIRDS!!!

it's better than only have one post with nothing interesting to read though isn't it? :D

not a lot of juice about tonight's game. tuesday night, crappy team. should win easily but is it ever easy in the NFL? i like the birds to win but be a bit uninspired. say 24-9, never in doubt but never a real blowout.
This discussion has been closed.