THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• So...at the Cherry Hill Mall eating dinner after taking the baby to see Santa

None other than Mike Vick walks by all non-chalant by himself

I hit my wife "Thats Mike Vick!" Wife replies "How do you know ? I wouldn't know if it was him or not"

:roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Phillies did not build a fan base by playing in a cool stadium in a hip neighborhood.

Not to nitpick but didn't they though. Attendance skyrocketed when CBP opened.

Just saw this. Like I've said, the fan base has always been there, but how can you argue with not wanting to watch 90 loss teams in an awful stadium?

Al Morganti has a point - The Bank is the most important building to this city probably in the last century aside from City Hall with Billy Penn on top.

The point is compare Wrigley in North Chicago as opposed to a park in the middle of an industrial site. People are there for the game first and foremost in South Philly. Of course every team brings along bandwagon fans that just want to be there when a team wins. They bring buckets of new balls in the stand at Wrigley to throw back for opposing team home runs. Just an example of what I'm talking about.

I get what you're saying, but the point of what the guy was writing is substance over image compared to other cities. And that can't be denied.

Also, Cliffy, don't try to knock me off cloud 9 right now alright, buddy? Thanks. ;)
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    whoever it was earlier in this thread that said vick played like shit today you are an idiot my friend.

if mcnabb was still the eagles qb they would have lost by 17 and donovan would have walked off the field laughing to himself at the end of the game.

I said he played awful in the first 3 quarters. If you had watched the entire game and not just the highlights then you would have realized this.

now go back to the hole you crawled out of...come back when you know what you're talking about

oh the old "if you watched the whole game and not just the highlights" comeback. clever. at the end of the day there are 4 quarters in a football game, not 3. he overcame a 21 point deficit in 7 minutes on the road against our biggest rival in a game with a lot on the line and accounted for 88% of our offensive yardage. if that's playing like shit then i sincerely hope he continues playing like shit.

there are 4 qtrs in a game? holy shit, you got me.

I made a statement, I was right, and you called me a name. If you want to debate about what happened during the game, I welcome that. don't come here and make blanket statements and call people names. you sound like a 10 year old.

also, try watching the game from start to finish next time.
    81 wrote:
    Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd it keeps coming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjLcAhU ... _embedded#!

Sweet

A buddy of mine was at the Flyers game saturday he said the crowd was chanting "We Got Cliff Lee" clap clap clap

:)

i hate that crap

me too. the worst used to be the eagles chants at phillies/flyers games. so annoying

you still see turds wearing eagles jerseys to phillies games
    Whatever. All I know is if I was at the New Meadowlands I'd be dead right now by taunting the shit out of everyone in that stadium.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Whatever. All I know is if I was at the New Meadowlands I'd be dead right now by taunting the shit out of everyone in that stadium.

you know what sucked for me? the stupid trackball on my blackberry has been giving me a hard time for a while now. stupid thing decided to go into the shitter right around halftime on sunday. so i couldn't even give my giants fans friends the business via texts. it was killing me all afternoon. that kind of torture is actually outlawed by the genevia convention.

incidentally, i must have been the last person on earth to purchase a blackberry with that stupid-ass feature. awful. :x
    www.myspace.com

you know what sucked for me? the stupid trackball on my blackberry has been giving me a hard time for a while now. stupid thing decided to go into the shitter right around halftime on sunday. so i couldn't even give my giants fans friends the business via texts. it was killing me all afternoon. that kind of torture is actually outlawed by the genevia convention.

incidentally, i must have been the last person on earth to purchase a blackberry with that stupid-ass feature. awful. :x

Everyone I know that's ever had one has the ball fall out in one way or another. Antiquated I'd say.
  • you know what sucked for me? the stupid trackball on my blackberry has been giving me a hard time for a while now. stupid thing decided to go into the shitter right around halftime on sunday. so i couldn't even give my giants fans friends the business via texts. it was killing me all afternoon. that kind of torture is actually outlawed by the genevia convention.

Everyone I know that's ever had one has the ball fall out in one way or another. Antiquated I'd say.

Who would buy any Blackberry? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

iPhone. It will be the last phone you ever buy, regardless of At&t not having the best service.
    like i always say, andy reid is a genious :lol:

seriously, whether it was reid or april or a combo or even a legit mistake, it worked like a f#cking charm:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... om_co.html
    www.myspace.com
    I saw this. That's when ya know you gotta be in their heads - when they believe that you had 10 people on the field on purpose. :lol:
    like i always say, andy reid is a genious :lol:

seriously, whether it was reid or april or a combo or even a legit mistake, it worked like a f#cking charm:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... om_co.html

ha, that's awesome.

reid is the man
    this guy HAS to be from NE Philly

knuckleheads didn't even know the rules. sounds like a certain QB that used to play here

Cousin Billy Celebrates the Eagles Win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6EjS_h-6es
  • The Fixer wrote:
    this guy HAS to be from NE Philly

knuckleheads didn't even know the rules. sounds like a certain QB that used to play here

Cousin Billy Celebrates the Eagles Win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6EjS_h-6es

Hey...I'm from NE Philly...born and raised

I don't have a tribal tattoo

:D

figures i tune into this birds/giants replay right at the horrendous non challenge by reid. :lol:

i have a feeling this 4th quarter is still gonna be awesome though... :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    figures i tune into this birds/giants replay right at the horrendous non challenge by reid. :lol:

i have a feeling this 4th quarter is still gonna be awesome though... :thumbup:

Damnit...totally forgot this was on. thanks for the reminder
    mikell has to pick that ball with 1:00 left. it hit in right in the chest!!

have I mentioned that I can't stand him? he's a FA at the end of the year. good riddens
    The Fixer wrote:

have I mentioned that I can't stand him. he's a FA at the end of the year. good riddens

he did have an awesome pick earlier in the game.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

have I mentioned that I can't stand him. he's a FA at the end of the year. good riddens

I wouldn't call it awesome. he caught a tipped ball. nothing special

I think he blows
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't call it awesome. he caught a tipped ball. nothing special

I think he blows

i think it's safe to say you let your biases get in the way of objectivity quite a bit. not a huge mikell fan, but that pick was pretty sweet.
    www.myspace.com

i think it's safe to say you let your biases get in the way of objectivity quite a bit. not a huge mikell fan, but that pick was pretty sweet.

nah, man...I'll admit a nice play when I see one. the ball was tipped, he dove, and caught a ball that he should have caught.
    The Fixer wrote:

nah, man...I'll admit a nice play when I see one. the ball was tipped, he dove, and caught a ball that he should have caught.
    :lol: okay man...

two 7th round rookies starting for our defense right now. time to start thinking next week and beyond
    www.myspace.com

two 7th round rookies starting for our defense right now. time to start thinking next week and beyond

I think the birds win both games relatively easily. I'm more worried about getting the giants or pack in round 1. Really need the bears to lose one
    The Fixer wrote:

I think the birds win both games relatively easily. I'm more worried about getting the giants or pack in round 1. Really need the bears to lose one

we're so banged up. we need that bye. wouldn't be surprised to see the bears drop both of these last two games.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

we're so banged up. we need that bye. wouldn't be surprised to see the bears drop both of these last two games.

That's what I'm saying. I am fully confident that we win out and Chicago loses one of these games instead of the opposite happening.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    The Fixer wrote:

Is there a possibility Bunkley will return this season?
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i read a couple articles that said he was going on IR but i don't think the eagles have done that, yet.

bunkley...parker...graham...bradley...hobbs...samuel....allen. almost our entire defense is on the IR or has missed a significant amount of time.

M A S H UNIT.
    www.myspace.com
  • we had to listen to the 4th quarter on the radio while we were driving and it was RIDICULOUS! We were yelling at the radio, Merrill was screaming, it was so exciting!!!!

I was jumping around too much to hear anything !
    BTW...the replay is on tonight @8pm NFL NETWORK

So, we watched the 2nd half on the replay last night...I was screaming at the TV even though I knew what was gong to happen :-) That was amazing.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • we had to listen to the 4th quarter on the radio while we were driving and it was RIDICULOUS! We were yelling at the radio, Merrill was screaming, it was so exciting!!!!

I was jumping around too much to hear anything !
    BTW...the replay is on tonight @8pm NFL NETWORK

So, we watched the 2nd half on the replay last night...I was screaming at the TV even though I knew what was gong to happen :-) That was amazing.

I know...I'm a loser I was still getting nervous watching it

:x

That is the type of game after many years you remember where you watched it..who you watched it with..who you texted

• booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    booomm11 wrote:

Jeagler wrote:
    i read a couple articles that said he was going on IR but i don't think the eagles have done that, yet.

bunkley...parker...graham...bradley...hobbs...samuel....allen. almost our entire defense is on the IR or has missed a significant amount of time.

M A S H UNIT.

ok,yea i remember hearing the injury wasn't too serious, and there was chance he could suit up in the playoffs...

So you we shouldn't be so hard on McDermott, right? He's been snatching guys off rough touch fields all over philly
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
This discussion has been closed.