THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• true. but there's been a multitude of situations this season that prove it was not all the former qb's fault...thankfully the current qb is playing out of his mind to bail him out. :mrgreen:

I think this year is proving that the 2-minute offense issues were primarily due to the QB.

As for the replay challenge issues, that's probably never going to change. :( :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    true. but there's been a multitude of situations this season that prove it was not all the former qb's fault...thankfully the current qb is playing out of his mind to bail him out. :mrgreen:

I think this year is proving that the 2-minute offense issues were primarily due to the QB.

As for the replay challenge issues, that's probably never going to change. :( :?

the new qb is playing like steve young. that certainly helps. :mrgreen:

we don't need to get into it all right now, because this was a phenomenal win, but just check out my posts after just about every game this year. the same mistakes keep happening from big red as have happened in year's past.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Know what else keeps happening, Jeags? Winning. I can't believe this is even an issue right now. Ridiculous.
    Know what else keeps happening, Jeags? Winning. I can't believe this is even an issue right now. Ridiculous.

hey there was also someone saying vick played like shit today. :mrgreen:

it's a philly thread, what do you expect?
    www.myspace.com
    Man, taking Lee right out from under the Yanks' noses, beating the Rangers yesterday handedly, and now this. Just unbelievable.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'm not gonna go off on Reid but i'm just not a fan of his anymore.

yeah, he is TERRIBLE!!!!!

this team is gonna win 12 games when they were predicted by most to finish 3rd in their division...FIRE HIS ASS!!

fucking eagles fans
    only punt return in nfl history to win a game with the clock expiring.

destiny..... BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

this team is gonna win 12 games when they were predicted by most to finish 3rd in their division...FIRE HIS ASS!!

fucking eagles fans

he still doesn't know how to bend down and grab the little red flag
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

fucking eagles fans

The bigger thing is, and Aikman made a valid point about it, is that coaches have enough on their plate not to worry about some stupid red handkerchief. That should be left up to people upstairs making that decision for him. Did he fuck up? Sure. But Jesus Christ, are people serious? Dude's 40+ games over .500 in his career as a coach, they just won 6 in row against their closest rival in the division since Reid took over. Just unbelievable. If they win, it's because of the players, and if he loses it's all because of him - damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Fixer - and I say this to fire you up - almost sounds like your problem with Chuck, so there's a chock full of irony involved in this.
    The Fixer wrote:

fucking eagles fans

he still doesn't know how to bend down and grab the little red flag

he probably never will. that move was horrible. you gotta think that the guy in his ear would have the call on that though. those types of plays have to be tough to see at field level.

point is...to rip him this year is ridiculous. this team is gonna win 12 games again. all they do is win. everyone wants to give vick all the credit. he deserves a ton of credit, but so does reid.

eagles fans rip reid when he loses...and when he wins.
    The Fixer wrote:

fucking eagles fans

The bigger thing is, and Aikman made a valid point about it, is that coaches have enough on their plate not to worry about some stupid red handkerchief. That should be left up to people upstairs making that decision for him. Did he fuck up? Sure. But Jesus Christ, are people serious? Dude's 40+ games over .500 in his career as a coach, they just won 6 in row against their closest rival in the division since Reid took over. Just unbelievable. If they win, it's because of the players, and if he loses it's all because of him - damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Fixer - and I say this to fire you up - almost sounds like your problem with Chuck, so there's a chock full of irony involved in this.

Amen dude.

and to your second point. it's valid. manuel isn't making personnel decisions too though. I think reid and manuel is comparing apples to oranges, but I hear ya
    The Fixer wrote:

fucking eagles fans

not the case. aikman was clearly making an excuse for a horrible decision that, save for a miracle (thank god) put them in position to lose the game.

and my view on reid is different than fixer's on manual because i admit the guy's a good coach. i love the guy but i am not blind to his flaws...and there's a few of them that always pop up.

special teams has really improved throughout the year....

and fixer--reid is great on personnel decisions, so long as he remembers to include a punt returner and full back on the roster. i kid, i kid. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    It was a fuck up, no doubt. But how the hell - at this time, after that win - that this is the problem???? Again, if he wins it's because of the players(as you've said over and over with Vick) and if they lose it's because Reid called a terrible game. Unbelievable. And the other ironic thing is this team continues to win with Reid here and McNabb not, yet you lead me to believe you wanted it the other way around. Until this team goes into a swoon of 2,3 seasons in a row of being absolutely atrocious, in Andy I trust, because all he does is win.

and fixer--reid is great on personnel decisions, so long as he remembers to include a punt returner and full back on the roster. i kid, i kid. :lol:

you're just still mad he got rid of your boy mcnabb
    It was a fuck up, no doubt. But how the hell - at this time, after that win - that this is the problem???? Again, if he wins it's because of the players(as you've said over and over with Vick) and if they lose it's because Reid called a terrible game. Unbelievable. And the other ironic thing is this team continues to win with Reid here and McNabb not, yet you lead me to believe you wanted it the other way around. Until this team goes into a swoon of 2,3 seasons in a row of being absolutely atrocious, in Andy I trust, because all he does is win.

dude. reid did not call a terrible game today. when did i say that? i didn't. he just made one terrible decision at a most inopportune time. i thought the game plan was decent today actually.

and, nope, i don't always say the wins are all because of the players and the losses are because of the coach. give me some examples if you disagree.

look at the very post made in this thread. i was for trading mcnabb since as soon as last season ended (just wasn't a fan of doing it in-division)

the real ironic thing is the reason this is being discussed right now is that a jets fan brought it up. so i guess jets fans are dopes right? :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

nah i would have gotten rid of him too. 1st post of this thread. check it. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

dude. reid did not call a terrible game today. when did i say that? i didn't. he just made one terrible decision at a most inopportune time. i thought the game plan was decent today actually.

and, nope, i don't always say the wins are all because of the players and the losses are because of the coach. give me some examples if you disagree.

look at the very post made in this thread. i was for trading mcnabb since as soon as last season ended (just wasn't a fan of doing it in-division)

the real ironic thing is the reason this is being discussed right now is that a jets fan brought it up. so i guess jets fans are dopes right? :roll:

aww try and pin me for this good laugh

i was just asking wtf was he thinking in that situation
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

nah i would have gotten rid of him too. 1st post of this thread. check it. :mrgreen:

I was kidding brotha.

aww try and pin me for this good laugh

i was just asking wtf was he thinking in that situation

see what you started? :lol::lol:

big win for your jets today.
    www.myspace.com

see I am the biggest reid supporter around but I would disagree with this. vick was under center more than he has been all year. It's blatantly obvious that he is less effective when he's under center. The giants were blitzing on every passing down and the eagles couldn't move the ball. vick was doing a terrible job with his pre snap reads and his handling of the blitz (the swiss cheese offensive line surely didn't help either).

If they were gonna stay with vick under center, they should have dumped a TE or FB in the backfield to help pick up the blitz. vick also needs to learn how to call an audible.

The 4th qtr came around and the birds dumped vick back into the shotgun (where he belongs). The giants went into their vageen defense and vick had room to run around and make plays. If they would have kept blitzing they would have won.

I don't think today was about reid calling a good game as much as it was coughlin choking. but you gotta give the big man credit. vick and jackson as well...they pulled that win out of their asses even though they were dominated for 50 minutes.

all that the genius eagles fans will harp on tomorrow is how reid blew the challenge. they gotta get him a new guy in his ear on those plays.
    What I don't understand is when they put him in shotgun with no protection in the backfield though. Either you expect him to run immediately or get smoked because that line is absolutely terrible. I thought the "Winston Justice game" was going to be replaced by the "King Dunlap game". Interestingly enough, it's Dunlap replacing Justice, whom I would've loved to have in there as opposed to 4 years ago. Funny.
  • The Fixer wrote:

fucking eagles fans

Coming from a guy that rips a manager that actually one a title here(Uncle charlie) u crack me up. Wasn't it u who said ur not a fan ur a fan of betting??
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

fucking eagles fans

Coming from a guy that rips a manager that actually one a title here(Uncle charlie) u crack me up. Wasn't it u who said ur not a fan ur a fan of betting??

you're right. reid sucks. they should fire him. and the phils should give howard another contract extension, trade for papelbon, and sign zach duke

I think the NFL sucks. The only reason I watch non-eagles games is for the gambling. that is true
    I gotta say college ball is by far much worse. I hate the replay and how QB's are made to be dandies in the NFL, but college ball is unwatchable for me for the most part. If anything THAT is the sport I watch for the gambling.
    I gotta say college ball is by far much worse. I hate the replay and how QB's are made to be dandies in the NFL, but college ball is unwatchable for me for the most part. If anything THAT is the sport I watch for the gambling.

betting on college FB is wayyy better than betting on the nfl. but I do love betting on both.

the nfl rules and refs are just insanely bad...as are most teams in the league. it's a horseshit product
    The Fixer wrote:

betting on college FB is wayyy better than betting on the nfl. but I do love betting on both.

the nfl rules and refs are just insanely bad...as are most teams in the league. it's a horseshit product

I don't know, any random college team may play 3, 4, meaningful games a year. The rest are against inferior teams, and games are made to look more spectacular than they really are all because one team sucks way more than the other, or one side's offense is amazing but it's defense sucks so it makes games seem competitive when they really aren't. To me there's no difference between watching college and high school - just watching kids play with a few really really exceptional players on one side of the ball or the other.

My whole argument excludes the SEC though. I love the SEC. I'll watch any of their games. AAAA NFL football.
    fixer this is bizzaro world because i will now attempt to defend reid's game plan (see jp--i liked it!):

your post made me go check out the play calling. believe it or not i liked it.

not including runs or sacks--in the first half vick was only in shotgun 4 times, completed 2 passes. under center he was 4/6. in the second half he was 9/18 out of the shotgun....but 13/18 under center. so he completed 50% of his passes in shotgun and 72% under center. some of their biggest plays of the year have come with vick under center, not in shotgun. i like when we roll him out to his left or utilize play action in games when we actually run the ball consistently...which brings me to my next point.

despite being down early i think andy made a nice attempt at sticking with the run. mccoy had all but 1 of his 11 carries through just our 2nd drive in the 3rd quarter. gained 64 yards. decent day. again- a closer game, he probably would have gotten up to the 15 or 16 i believe he should get consistently.

you mentioned the 4th quarter and that we put vick in shotgun more, this is true. but the reason was we were down 3 scores and had to abandon the run game at that point.

so i'm not sure i agree with you about the under center/shot gun thing. they did use a lot of 2 tight end packages today to help with the line. king dunlap could have used 4 tight ends on his side. i think your not giving vick enough credit for his ability to read what the defenses are giving him. i think he's been fine in that regard....a million times better then before his imprisonment actually. so you gotta give reid more credit for coaching him up there.

see? BIZZARO WORLD! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    6a0120a6dde087970b0147e0d99e03970b-800wi

:mrgreen:
    nbc is hyping the hell out of the birds for next week's game.

gentlemen, like it or not, we are...america's team. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    nbc is hyping the hell out of the birds for next week's game.

gentlemen, like it or not, we are...america's team. :mrgreen:

Vick = ratings.
This discussion has been closed.