THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Get us a ring Fat Man !

*In my Stewie Voice*
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    fixer this is bizzaro world because i will now attempt to defend reid's game plan (see jp--i liked it!):

your post made me go check out the play calling. believe it or not i liked it.

not including runs or sacks--in the first half vick was only in shotgun 4 times, completed 2 passes. under center he was 4/6. in the second half he was 9/18 out of the shotgun....but 13/18 under center. so he completed 50% of his passes in shotgun and 72% under center. some of their biggest plays of the year have come with vick under center, not in shotgun. i like when we roll him out to his left or utilize play action in games when we actually run the ball consistently...which brings me to my next point.

despite being down early i think andy made a nice attempt at sticking with the run. mccoy had all but 1 of his 11 carries through just our 2nd drive in the 3rd quarter. gained 64 yards. decent day. again- a closer game, he probably would have gotten up to the 15 or 16 i believe he should get consistently.

you mentioned the 4th quarter and that we put vick in shotgun more, this is true. but the reason was we were down 3 scores and had to abandon the run game at that point.

so i'm not sure i agree with you about the under center/shot gun thing. they did use a lot of 2 tight end packages today to help with the line. king dunlap could have used 4 tight ends on his side. i think your not giving vick enough credit for his ability to read what the defenses are giving him. i think he's been fine in that regard....a million times better then before his imprisonment actually. so you gotta give reid more credit for coaching him up there.

see? BIZZARO WORLD! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

1 - how many times was vick sacked when he was under center? and what was the ypc on his under center throws?

2 - the eagles have been just as, if not more successful running out of the shotgun this year than they have running out of their base offense

I do like that harbor kid. he has helped the run game tremendously

I do agree that reid is aweseome :mrgreen:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    fixer this is bizzaro world because i will now attempt to defend reid's game plan (see jp--i liked it!):

not including runs or sacks--in the first half vick was only in shotgun 4 times, completed 2 passes. under center he was 4/6. in the second half he was 9/18 out of the shotgun....but 13/18 under center. so he completed 50% of his passes in shotgun and 72% under center. some of their biggest plays of the year have come with vick under center, not in shotgun. i like when we roll him out to his left or utilize play action in games when we actually run the ball consistently...which brings me to my next point.

despite being down early i think andy made a nice attempt at sticking with the run. mccoy had all but 1 of his 11 carries through just our 2nd drive in the 3rd quarter. gained 64 yards. decent day. again- a closer game, he probably would have gotten up to the 15 or 16 i believe he should get consistently.

you mentioned the 4th quarter and that we put vick in shotgun more, this is true. but the reason was we were down 3 scores and had to abandon the run game at that point.

so i'm not sure i agree with you about the under center/shot gun thing. they did use a lot of 2 tight end packages today to help with the line. king dunlap could have used 4 tight ends on his side. i think your not giving vick enough credit for his ability to read what the defenses are giving him. i think he's been fine in that regard....a million times better then before his imprisonment actually. so you gotta give reid more credit for coaching him up there.

1 - how many times was vick sacked when he was under center? and what was the ypc on his under center throws?

2 - the eagles have been just as, if not more successful running out of the shotgun this year than they have running out of their base offense

1- it took me long enough just to track his completion percentages :mrgreen: . i'm not looking up sacks and ypc. point is, he was much more accurate under center today.

2- that's basically my point.....love harbor as a blocking te.
    www.myspace.com
    ha...just checked it, he was sacked 3 times, all in shotgun formation too.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

1- it took me long enough just to track his completion percentages :mrgreen: . i'm not looking up sacks and ypc. point is, he was much more accurate under center today.

2- that's basically my point.....love harbor as a blocking te.

haha, I'm sure as hell not looking that stuff up. I figured you were on a roll so I'd give it a shot.

we're splitting hairs. unbelievable fucking win. reid has done a tremendous job and vick has reviatlized his career and become one of the best weapons in the NFL (if not THE best).

take care of business and hope that the pack can beat the bears. GB losing tonight actually helped the birds in that respect. the bears/pack game will be MUST WIN for GB now.

great day
  • Allen...Torn Patella Tendon

This is getting like a MASH unit

that is shocking to me. I was screaming at the TV in the first half. their offense sucked...most of those 1st half plays were under center.

well, I'm exhausted. this thread is awesome.
    Allen...Torn Patella Tendon

half our starters on d have missed significant time or been placed on ir. that's part of the reason i'm not nearly as down on mcdermott as most are.

what's the recovery time for this? i'd guess this might affect him going into camp next summer...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

that is shocking to me. I was screaming at the TV in the first half. their offense sucked...most of those 1st half plays were under center.

well, I'm exhausted. this thread is awesome.

to be fair, he did run 10 times so a couple of those were probably close to being labeled as a sack but he gained a yard or two. i dunno...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972

half our starters on d have missed significant time or been placed on ir. that's part of the reason i'm not nearly as down on mcdermott as most are.

what's the recovery time for this? i'd guess this might affect him going into camp next summer...

My aunt who is a nurse said that it takes around 6 weeks plus rehab. So he should be ready by next year. Sucks though.
  • Allen...Torn Patella Tendon

I'm assuming less time as a torn ligament but not 100% sure

That's 2 torn up knees on artificial turf this year....I hate that shit

Reid in December 13-1 in their last 14 :o

I'm assuming less time as a torn ligament but not 100% sure

That's 2 torn up knees on artificial turf this year....I hate that shit

Reid in December 13-1 in their last 14 :o

that 1 loss still stings.

sucks about allen. patellas are no joke. hopefully coleman can step in
    I know kickers are kickers, but I read Akers is the only player in history to have 130+ points in at least 4 seasons. Go Black Belt.
  • I know kickers are kickers, but I read Akers is the only player in history to have 130+ points in at least 4 seasons. Go Black Belt.

I gotta be honest I thought he was done a couple years back

Good for him...former Skin BTW

I didn't change the channel in time before vai sikkahema came on nbc. he just said the eagles control their destiny for the 2 seed. um, no idiot, they don't. they need to win out AND have the bears lose a game.

how do these idiots get these jobs. just know what you're talking about...that's not asking much
    The Fixer wrote:
    I didn't change the channel in time before vai sikkahema came on nbc. he just said the eagles control their destiny for the 2 seed. um, no idiot, they don't. they need to win out AND have the bears lose a game.

how do these idiots get these jobs. just know what you're talking about...that's not asking much

Well, they do own their own destiny. As long as you win, that's what you're doing. If they win out, they keep the 2 seed.

Funny. I'm watching the same thing too. Did you see the players' reactions??? Just awesome. LeSean and Maclin taunting the crowd. Love it. "WE OWN Y'ALL!! 6 IN A ROW!!" "WE OWN NEW YORK!" Hahahahahhaa
    The Fixer wrote:

Well, they do own their own destiny. As long as you win, that's what you're doing. If they win out, they keep the 2 seed.

Funny. I'm watching the same thing too. Did you see the players' reactions??? Just awesome. LeSean and Maclin taunting the crowd. Love it. "WE OWN Y'ALL!! 6 IN A ROW!!" "WE OWN NEW YORK!" Hahahahahhaa

if the birds and bears both win out then the birds are the 3 seed. they'd be tied and bears beat them

that mccoy clip was great. he is awesome
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

if the birds and bears both win out then the birds are the 3 seed. they'd be tied and bears beat them

that mccoy clip was great. he is awesome

Oh, yeah, I forgot they haven't played yet. Ahhhh, damnit. No way they win out. I'd put money on that.
    the player reactions in the locker room were awesome. this is another easily like-able team like the phils....great time to be a philly sports fan.
    www.myspace.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVRXFPsA ... _embedded#!

apparently tecmo bowl still exists as a computer game. this is awesome
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    nice win today for you guys, if the packers won tonight it would have been the top day in sports for me on the year - especially after I got fucked in my family poker tourny final last night (typical lucksack knockout hand but that's what you get when you're the best player in the house peeps will do anything to take you out). Woke up to see my baseball team has a better staff than the Yankees, Cowboys beat sexy Rexy (I don't know if giving up 30 pts to him is a win but still), Gmen lose in a BRUTAL way, UConn women win 88 in a row (pretty freaking cool), and the Patriots get exposed (Brady should have been picked 4 times in that damn game). I wonder how long until Simmons starts talking about the 6-8 dropped picks Brady has thrown in the last 4 weeks like he did when talking about Carson Palmer? Anyway Vick is silly good and unlike the Phils (who are NOT likable outside of Philly), this Eagles team is likable even though I hate them.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ
    You guys have all seen this, right? I think the time is right for this.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    haha i show that video every semester in my class, right after the ESPN 2004 OTL clip of loserville Philly fans pouting about the Eagles starring Helmet Head the drunk Priest that goes to Eagle games. Has anyone met Helmet Head by the way?
    RW81233 wrote:
    haha i show that video every semester in my class, right after the ESPN 2004 OTL clip of loserville Philly fans pouting about the Eagles starring Helmet Head the drunk Priest that goes to Eagle games. Has anyone met Helmet Head by the way?

that guy is awful. he tailgated near us for the opener. he was standing on some dude's car doing the eagles chant all afternoon. the next day i found an article about him in the paper. what the hell's a priest doing acting like that?

he's also one of the fans the eagles featured on one of their tickets this year. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    hahaha, that's so funny I will pass that on to my students. I have vowed to show that video every year you don't win the Super Bowl...this could be the last one.
    RW81233 wrote:
    hahaha, that's so funny I will pass that on to my students. I have vowed to show that video every year you don't win the Super Bowl...this could be the last one.

i hope you share your fraudulence with your students for full disclosure too. :D
    www.myspace.com
    i always do...still i stick by my teams when they are bad so that when they are good i can celebrate them even if i am a fraud.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ
    You guys have all seen this, right? I think the time is right for this.

I have always, and forever, keep this video bookmarked.
  • whoever it was earlier in this thread that said vick played like shit today you are an idiot my friend.

if mcnabb was still the eagles qb they would have lost by 17 and donovan would have walked off the field laughing to himself at the end of the game.
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.
    booomm11 wrote:

I feel pretty good about the game. Don't know about the trot part, I'm not confident we can stop them either

Defense and special teams. I just feel like this is a game theyr're going to highly disappoint. Hopefully I'm wrong.

the giants kick and punt return teams stink dude. they are dead last in punt return avg/2nd to last in kick return avg.
    on the otherside they're also 2nd worse in opponet punt return average but good on kickoff averages though.

special teams should not scare you in this game. plus akers doesn't have to worry about his dreadful career at giants stadium.

i can go either way on this one....i'm actually starting to lean towards the birds (everyone is loving the g men right now). looking at playoff scenarios, we really have to win this game. kind of reminds me of the first dallas game last year. a win can net us the division/possible bye. a loss, could mean we end up on the outside looking in, even if we win the last two.

haha, so funny that special teams decided this game.

let me just say that the giants special teams are officially horrendous. and bobby april has quietly done a good job improving this unit from where it was in september. i mean other than the jackson return, how about the onsides kick? it was probably the best kicked onsides i have ever seen but what in the hell were the giants thinking not putting anyone up on the line in that situation especially after seeing riles lined up so far out near the sideline? :lol:

god i love this team.

go. birds.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.